New Cobra King Aerojet Driver

mrmikeac

That’s crazy to have it this low. I guess if you swing over 115 then it works. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

I’m sure Bryson still complains about it!! 

TaylorMade TP5

1 minute ago, odshot68 said:

That’s crazy to have it this low. I guess if you swing over 115 then it works. 

Agreed. I swing around 100 and couldn't get the LTDx LS turned up to 10* to work. Was ready to switch to Taylormade when I got a steal of a day on a standard Aerojet. Its a 10.5*, hoping that if cranked up to 12* I can get into the 2200-2600 spin window i'm looking for. With the LTDx LS at 10.5 I was consistently 1450-1900.

N the standard 10.5 you may not have to lift up. I noticed a few hundred rpm more spin in my 9 turned down to 8 even over 9 degrees ls model. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade TP5

Hit the Aerojet LS today among a couple others. Was a big fan of the LTDx LS last year but took a few shafts to dial it in, and it could get a little squirrelly some days. I tried some softer midsection shafts which just made it worse.

The AJ LS head shape is darn near perfect and the crown looks much better this year. Really good numbers with the stock Kaili Blue although I typically use a lower launch profile, so I could see the AJ LS potentially being too low spin. I had no issues launching the LTDx LS last year but I wonder if it was borderline on spin which could explain issues with control on some days.

Back to using my SIM for now and not sure that I really want to buy something new, but Cobra continues to fly under the radar. Highly recommend giving them a look if you’re brand-agnostic.

Edited by t4t3r

I played the LTDX LS with a Tensei CK Pro Orange last year.  Great numbers when hit solid, not the most forgiving or best feeling in my opinion, but enjoyed it.  Had a 9 set to -1.5 and on solid strikes was seeing 13-15 deg. of launch with 2300-2500 spin for my 105ish swing speed 

I got an AJ LS in today and was able to spend an hour ony sim hitting both.  The AJ came with a Kaili 60x, which I had no intention of using.  Worked with the Tensei orange first, spin was lower with the AJ, cranked the loft back to std and was seeing similar numbers to my gamer, but seemed to have a left tendency.  Also have a Ventus TR black 60S, tried that, and I just don't get along with that shaft.  For the heck of it I shortened the Kaili to play 45", threw that in....and wow.  Set on std, was seeing my typical 13-15, spin 2200-2500, but way more consistent with misses both directionally, and distance.  The shaft feels perfect for me, which I gave up on X's a while ago, but this one feels exceptional.  Lot more shots right out of the middle of the club.

I personally, prefer the AJ on looks, feel, and sound from indoor testing, really excited to get it on the course.

Cobra LTDX LS, Ventus TR S, Tipped 1" at 44.5, 9 @ 8

Ping G425 Max, Ventus TR 7, Tipped 1" at 42.5, 14.5 @ 13.5

Callaway Apex UW w/RDX Smoke Black 80S, 17 & 21

Bridgestone J38cb w/Nippon Modus 130S SS1x, 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 S Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 52

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 56 & 60

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

Just glanced through the Golf Spy 2023 testing and I thoroughly don't understand how they get to some of their conclusions.   They have the LS rated better for forgiveness and accuracy than the standard aerojet which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I get golfspy has bias's and is probably in the pocket of some big OEM's but when your research goes against every bit of logic I struggle to believe it. 

I currently am in a LTDX LS head that I'm still getting a lot of fade bias out of the head.  Just to check myself I took my M3 to the range and i was hitting my standard 3-5 yard draws all day long with it.   I'm wondering if the standard aerojet head is easier to work both ways versus the head I'm in now. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

1 minute ago, Phabs said:

Just glanced through the Golf Spy 2023 testing and I thoroughly don't understand how they get to some of their conclusions.   They have the LS rated better for forgiveness and accuracy than the standard aerojet which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I get golfspy has bias's and is probably in the pocket of some big OEM's but when your research goes against every bit of logic I struggle to believe it. 

I currently am in a LTDX LS head that I'm still getting a lot of fade bias out of the head.  Just to check myself I took my M3 to the range and i was hitting my standard 3-5 yard draws all day long with it.   I'm wondering if the standard aerojet head is easier to work both ways versus the head I'm in now. 

A few years ago they muddled everything on purpose when the previously shown data wasn't really clearly showing much of a difference between their chosen club winners and everything else. I get good laughs out of their "testing",commentary and people who think it's the gospel on all things golf. Definitely have biases IMO. Like you, I test things myself which is the best way to do it. I recently bought an AJ LS and have mixed reviews right now, but Cobra messed up the swing weight and the fix just arrived yesterday. Hopefully it performs better! 

Found this video pretty useful from an informational standpoint for guys that played the LTDX LS last year like I did. 

Edited by Phabs

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I can speak on this now that I have three range sessions and two sim sessions in with my Aerojet.   Coming from last years LTDX LS to the Aerojet due to what I felt was a SUPER fade biased head in the LTDX LS - bought the weight kit , spent hours on the range and in the simulator trying to find the magic combo with that driver and never did.  I could hit it a mile but couldn't ever turn it over right to left with any reliability or predictability.  To compound things my round killer miss with the LTDX LS was a right block and spinning way right which infuriated me to no end , yes absolutely it was a terrible swing that created that outcome but I feel that LTDX LS head compounded that miss and made it worse.  

A little background I played an 9* M3 head forever and ever.  Best driver head for me that Taylormade has ever created - loved the sound, feel, how it sat at address and that I could easily manipulate it left to right / right to left and low / high.

I was at my weekly lesson two weeks ago and there happened to be a Cobra event going on at the end of the range near where the teaching area is.  I spent an hour with my pro like usual and cobra was pretty slow so one of their reps was in the slot next to us watching me swing.  All I worked on all day long was face angle control stuff with irons and never hit driver - so at the end of the lesson I told my coach I needed to swing all out with something.   The cobra rep saw the LTDX LS and asked how I liked it , what I didn't like and what I would change on it if it could.  He goes over to the tent and comes out with a Aerojet LS head with the same LAGP shaft I play.  First thing I noticed is I played the LTDX LS at standard loft of 9 in the draw setting and he had the Aerojet cranked up the full 1.5* to 10.5 which I haven't played anything that high in loft since my freshman year of high school.  First 10 balls I hit were right out of the middle and had my normal 3-5 yard draw that I had not seen in a year with the LTDX LS.   The fitter explained to me that this years head isn't as fade biased as last years and is more forgiving on mishits - esp low on the face which when I miss is where I miss. 

The Aerojet sounds more tinny than the LTDX which I don't mind but where the Aerojet shines for me is the work-ability being back in a head with less built in shot shape.  It doesn't hurt that it looks a whole hell of a lot like my M3 at address either, made me feel almost right at home from the get go.   I struggle to believe a lot of the Youtube reviews just due to the fact their paid for their input and basically read down the tech card from the manufacturer , the say there's not a lot between last years and this years heads , they like the new look better, blah blah blah.    There are a few videos from online reviewers that played the LTDX LS as their personal driver last year and surprisingly enough stated nearly the same findings I had between the two heads. 

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

7 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Im not sure Id call LTDx LS fade biased, it may be more biased than most, and maybe aerojet is more draw biased, but cobra has said with weight in heel it is neutral. I enjoyed working the LS, it was an absolutely fun head. 

Can only speak from my experience.   I spent probably 40 total hours on a range swapping weights and moving adapter settings with a launch monitor and I could never get the fade out of the head. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

3 minutes ago, Phabs said:

Can only speak from my experience.   I spent probably 40 total hours on a range swapping weights and moving adapter settings with a launch monitor and I could never get the fade out of the head. 

That honestly a shocker to me. I routinely hit my LS with a slight draw. That's my natural hit with most clubs anyway, but I don't do anything special with my driver to force the draw though. spacer.png

On 2/27/2023 at 9:48 AM, KnoxvilleReb said:

I bought a LTDx LS 9* on eBay and it's just too low launch/low spin for me, even turned up to 10.5. I play a draw and my miss is a duck hook, so the Cobra LS laying so open really appealed to me. I'm considering buying the standard Aerojet or LTDx, but I can't decide between the 10.5 head or the 12 head that I could turn down to open the face more. Does anyone know if the 10.5 and 12 have the same face angle, which would make getting the 12 and turning it down to 10.5 sit more open than just buying a standard 10.5? Also, does anyone know if the standard models sit as open as the LS models? Hard to find the info online and the closest store that has them in stock is 30 minutes from me, so any help would be appreciated. 

Looking to get rid of that LTDx LS head?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 9:25 AM, kneeknocker83 said:

What distance gains has everyone being seeing with the AJ LS?

Probably shorter than last years.  I have more control with the Aerojet.  I’ll take that sacrifice all day 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I posted in the ‘22 gamer thread but I’ve used a G410 LST for almost 3 years now. Absolutely nothing over that time could knock it out of the top spot until I hit the AJ LS a few weeks ago. I’ve had it for about a week and it’s been phenomenal. Extremely easy to hit, very consistent / forgiving, and workable. This is my 1st Cobra wood but thus far I’m impressed.

I also would highly recommend trying out the new fairway lineup. I picked up the LS 3W at the same time and I might like it more than the driver after the first few range sessions. The feel is incredibly solid but the sound reminds me of more of an old school type of “thwack”.

Cobra put forward a hell of a lineup this year.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

Not sure if it's been posted earlier in the thread, but has anyone weighed the aerojet ls head? I'm guessing 196 like most other ones besides ping.  I have a new clubhead on the way and I'm pretty sure I'll need to get a heavier weight. Currently using ltdx ls with (2) 10 gram weights, ventus black 6x @45" sw D5. I like D5 or heavier. Any help would be appreciated! 

Any feedback or results with tour length driver in either head?

TaylorMade TP5

1 hour ago, TJ83 said:

Not sure if it's been posted earlier in the thread, but has anyone weighed the aerojet ls head? I'm guessing 196 like most other ones besides ping.  I have a new clubhead on the way and I'm pretty sure I'll need to get a heavier weight. Currently using ltdx ls with (2) 10 gram weights, ventus black 6x @45" sw D5. I like D5 or heavier. Any help would be appreciated! 

My AJ LS head is 196 gm stock

• Thanks 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, odshot68 said:

Any feedback or results with tour length driver in either head?

I’ve got a tour length.  Just more consistent at 44.5”

• Like 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Take this with a grain of salt, as I have commitment issues, but the Aerojet LS has earned its spot in the bag.  I've found it to be better than the Paradym TD (my gamer for a while), Stealth 2 +, both the TSRs and both the G430s.  Look is perfect and sound is addicting.  I have the heavier weight in the toe (my typical miss) and playing it at stock 9* with the stock Kai'Li White stiff shaft.  For a decent golfer, I've chronicled my driver issues here for a while now, but in 3 rounds the Aerojet has given my excellent results, and probably more importantly, the confidence that I'm always going to keep the ball in play.  

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10* 

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 15*

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 18*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Swag Savage Too

Titleist Pro V1 yellow 

Just a word of advise so you don't ruin a cobra adapter like I just did.  The adapter they sell on the aerojet is bored through.  Meaning nothing is there to stop the epoxy from running down into the threaded area while sitting to cure - I didn't catch this after swapping a shaft and reusing the tip that came on the factory shaft.   I glued the adapter up like normal and set in on my workbench to dry , came out about 2 hours later and there was a puddle of epoxy coming out of the tip of the adapter.   The epoxy had obviously hardened in the threads making it useless , I could of tapped it but why waste my time on a 10 dollar adapter.   

I'd of been real hot if I set the shaft and adapter in a 300 dollar head to cure like I usually do for graphic orientation and would have ended up with a permanently installed bolt into the adapter via epoxy.

Just a heads up for guys that swap adapter tips frequently like I do.   

IMG_4479.jpeg

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

2 hours ago, Phabs said:

Just a word of advise so you don't ruin a cobra adapter like I just did.  The adapter they sell on the aerojet is bored through.  Meaning nothing is there to stop the epoxy from running down into the threaded area while sitting to cure - I didn't catch this after swapping a shaft and reusing the tip that came on the factory shaft.   I glued the adapter up like normal and set in on my workbench to dry , came out about 2 hours later and there was a puddle of epoxy coming out of the tip of the adapter.   The epoxy had obviously hardened in the threads making it useless , I could of tapped it but why waste my time on a 10 dollar adapter.   

I'd of been real hot if I set the shaft and adapter in a 300 dollar head to cure like I usually do for graphic orientation and would have ended up with a permanently installed bolt into the adapter via epoxy.

Just a heads up for guys that swap adapter tips frequently like I do.   

IMG_4479.jpeg

Nice Nova on the screen saver. Yours?

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag