New Cobra King Aerojet Driver

mrmikeac

1 hour ago, Kwward11 said:

Everyone tripping balls about the name and sole colors is just crazy to me lol. If I get numbers I like I will literally hit anything. 

13* launch with 2200 spin? Sure I’ll play the newest version of the  MoneyNipple500 LS or maybe even the NukeTasticStealthJetBallz Max with the lime green head 

MoneyNipple500 

14 minutes ago, TayTaySlam said:

MoneyNipple500 

MoneyNipple500 LS.  Don’t forget the LS.  99.99% of WRX’ers need the LS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 hours ago, Kwward11 said:

Everyone tripping balls about the name and sole colors is just crazy to me lol. If I get numbers I like I will literally hit anything. 

13* launch with 2200 spin? Sure I’ll play the newest version of the  MoneyNipple500 LS or maybe even the NukeTasticStealthJetBallz Max with the lime green head 

i would play that thing on name alone

23 minutes ago, Sandman- said:

General vibe I'm getting from most reviews I've seen/read so far is that they're dancing around the fact that the LTDx and the Aerojet are more or less the same club. 

Yeh I'm getting the same feeling, LTDx was great though seems like theyve refined the aero as the big story, will wait for some more comparisons to come out between the two

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Orange 60TX
Titleist TSi3 15* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR3 18* - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Mizuno Pro 225 2 iron - Fujikura Ventus Black 9TX
Mizuno Pro 223 4&5 - Project X 6.5
Mizuno Pro 221 6-PW - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 52.12F - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 56.12D - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 60.08M - Project X 6.5
2010 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

6 hours ago, Kwward11 said:

Agree, lots of looks divas littered throughout new clubs threads. Very humorous! As always, these new drops will have slightly better numbers but the biggest changes from year to year are usually the looks. Most don't see through the marketing fog and are swept off their feet by the story. If only they'd read the fine print on the commercials/ads and realize the "results" are at tour pro average speeds & abilities, which 90% of Wrxers will never be able to achieve. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Agree, lots of looks divas littered throughout new clubs threads. Very humorous! As always, these new drops will have slightly better numbers but the biggest changes from year to year are usually the looks. Most don't see through the marketing fog and are swept off their feet by the story. If only they'd read the fine print on the commercials/ads and realize the "results" are at tour pro average speeds & abilities, which 90% of Wrxers will never be able to achieve. 

More money than brains, COR has been maxed for years so what marginal improvements are you gonna get moving weight around, lighter components ect. People want more distance idk why non conforming drivers aren't more popular 

1 hour ago, Red4282 said:

I think i may have cracked the code on why bryson was so giddy about the aerojet. It sounds like he was heavily involved in the design, cosmetics, shaping, R&D for it. Makes sense, when something has your own touch to it, you naturally would be excited about it.

Not bryson. Dude is more humble than humble pie in church.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

Eh, dont let it bug you…. Alot of them are trolling or have a bias for something else. You cant look me straight in the face and criticize when the competition has a red face, a mispelled word for its name, and one sounds like kicking a empty soda can… 🤷‍♂️. To each their own, I bet it will do well though, so long it performs as good as the LTDx. 

• Like 1

Things I'm not surprised about: 2023 model driver is .016825x better performing than 2022 model

Things I am a little surprised about: Cobra seems to have ditched the rails on the aero hybrids. They do, however, have a 2023 rail hybrid that just looks like a rebadged LTDx/Rad/Speedback, etc. lol

Will be excited to demo the new driver anyway, but I'm a happy LTDx'er at the moment with no itchy wallet. To my eye, Aero does look a little cleaner. If sound and feel is as nice as the reviewers have been saying, I'd consider swapping models at '24 closeout prices though

Lie angles look flatter across the lineup. 56.2* lie angle at standard loft for the LS driver. 55.7* lie angle at standard loft for the LS 3W fairway. 

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / BRNR 13.5 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

I saw one reviewer on YouTube who got it head to head with his Ltd is and while the swing speeds were the same ( not 1.5mph faster with AJ) he did get 1mph faster ball died and better dispersion with the Aerojet.

I take this with a bit of a grain of salt because his drives were first done with his old model and then the aerojet. I find when reviewers do that they are usually warmed up and looser with the second club they hit and tend to hit it better. How much prefer reviews where they alternate five shots with both back and forth so that the numbers even out.

At the end of the day I don't think I would consider putting this in the bag unless testing it against the current cobras of 2022 it is demonstrably better either in dispersion or that there is more than a 2-yard difference in total distance.

Sorry if this has been mentioned cuz I didn't read all 11 pages.  In the most recent TXG video they said the LTD was their best selling driver in 2022.  Not disputing it....just find it surprising.

Edited by Lacey Underall

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Wasn't apples to apples, so not drawing big conclusions from it....**eye test here, no LM numbers to confirm, and done with nice range balls, but still range balls.... in 35* weather here in Michigan....

Had a UB5X in the Paradym at 7.25* and AJ at 9* w/ a Smoke Green 70X, which is a shaft I hate, but all they had at the shop, so really wasn't a fair fight.  Didn't realize the AJ was at 9* until I was leaving....

Both are really good.  Put an edge to the Paradym as it sounds and feels a little more solid, and launches lower.....need to get on a monitor cause the TD might be too low at that loft at least.  Also dispersion was a little better on the TD.  Just as easy could play either as I like the AJ looks a bit better. 

Main thing I took away(and again couple big differences between the clubs I had) was the TD felt like it had a little more pop to it......seemed to take off.

I had the LTD LS most of last year too.  The AJ is pretty similar and seems to launch a touch higher.  Like the looks and feel a little better.  

Edited by jgreer1421
  • Like 2

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

11 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

Wasn't apples to apples, so not drawing big conclusions from it....**eye test here, no LM numbers to confirm, and done with nice range balls, but still range balls.... in 35* weather here in Michigan....

Had a UB5X in the Paradym at 7.25* and AJ at 9* w/ a Smoke Green 70X, which is a shaft I hate, but all they had at the shop, so really wasn't a fair fight.  Didn't realize the AJ was at 9* until I was leaving....

Both are really good.  Put an edge to the Paradym as it sounds and feels a little more solid, and launches lower.....need to get on a monitor cause the TD might be too low at that loft at least.  Also dispersion was a little better on the TD.  Just as easy could play either as I like the AJ looks a bit better. 

Main thing I took away(and again couple big differences between the clubs I had) was the TD felt like it had a little more pop to it......seemed to take off.

I had the LTD LS most of last year too.  The AJ is pretty similar and seems to launch a touch higher.  Like the looks and feel a little better.  

Awesome feedback.  How did the tsr2 handle itself?

Cobra   Darkspeed LS 10.5   Accra Tz5 65 M5

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

7 minutes ago, wam78 said:

Awesome feedback.  How did the tsr2 handle itself?

Meh.......

Did ok.....The TSR2 has more of that tingy feel and sound.  It's not a bad sound, just different and was something that was growing on me.  I'd never owned a Titleist driver before this one, so wasn't something I was used to if that was typical of a Titleist club.  This is what I ended the year with and had some of my best driving rounds in a while, so it's not going anywhere for now and will continue to test side by side.

The AJ and TD both felt more solid and muted probably as expected.  Also both seemed to spin a bit less, which also not surprisingly because of design. 

• Thanks 1

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

1 minute ago, jgreer1421 said:

Meh.......

Did ok.....The TSR2 has more of that tingy feel and sound.  It's not a bad sound, just different and was something that was growing on me.  I'd never owned a Titleist driver before this one, so wasn't something I was used to if that was typical of a Titleist club.  This is what I ended the year with and had some of my best driving rounds in a while, so it's not going anywhere for now and will continue to test side by side.

The AJ and TD both felt more solid and muted probably as expected.  Also both seemed to spin a bit less, which also not surprisingly because of design. 

I was a big fan of the tsi3 last couple of seasons.  Have not tested the tsr line yet so was curious. 

Cobra   Darkspeed LS 10.5   Accra Tz5 65 M5

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

3 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Why?

Because they were probably the 5th best selling driver in 2022 behind TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, and Ping.  Just a fact - nothing against the brand at all.  Shows their product is really good but the majority of golfers are clearly not giving it a chance.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

16 minutes ago, Lacey Underall said:

Because they were probably the 5th best selling driver in 2022 behind TaylorMade, Callaway, Titleist, and Ping.  Just a fact - nothing against the brand at all.  Shows their product is really good but the majority of golfers are clearly not giving it a chance.

Big difference in off the shelf vs. properly fitted by the guys at TXG. They do it correctly and get the most out of each product so many people who wouldn't look at Cobra ended up walking out with it as the numbers don't lie.

Regular guy off the street though would be more hyped for a stock Stealth etc. due to marketing and brand recognition.

Being lower in general sales doesn't mean it's not the best performing.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Fairway Wood - Ping G425 15.5° w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Hybrid - Ping G425 17° w/ Accra TZ SIX 85H M5

Hybrid - Ping G430 20.5° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 53° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 58° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

32 minutes ago, Lacey Underall said:

Just goes to show you the majority of golfers just buying off shelf/internet. Those who actually go to test… were picking cobra. That shouldn’t be too surprising.

• Like 1

Looking forward to testing this baby.  Hoping it’s better than last years as I bought both the regular version and the LS.  Struggled with the LS tbh and liked the standard.  Wasn’t the longest but did play it for a while.  Played the TSR3 as soon as it came out as it just worked for me.  Also liked the Rogue ST Max toward the end of the year.  

I’ve just been waiting for this since Bryson talked about it a long time ago.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag