Dynamic Gold Mid?

achappy

I see GolfWorks now has DG Mid 115 and 100.  I know it’s early but wondered if anyone has tried them out? I love my C Taper Lites but I admit that I miss the “DG” feel.  The C-Tapers perform well but not the best feeling to me.

Maltby KE4 TC Max MPF Pro Stiff
Callaway Rogue 3W Synergy 60

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 19*, 22* Matrix  HX3 White Tie
Taylormade Burner TP Japan Issue 5-PW DG120

Callaway MD4 Raw 52*, 58* DG115
Maltby PTM-5

Same question but the 130g S400 version… 

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

Been eyeballing the mid 100 and 115 for a little while myself.  Will be interesting to hear any feedback.  I suspect that the mid 100 will be like the old XP/Elevate 105 and the mid 115 will be like the XP/Elevate 115.  Stronger mid section, more active tip section and a mid to lower balance point.  I'm also guessing that it's more of a rebranding/rename situation with the Dynamic Gold naming convention, but also adding in the tour issue 130 gram weight class.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro 1050GH S
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

Been hearing some bad things about the quality control of these Mid shafts.  Being reported that the weight specs are all over the place with up to 5 grams difference than listed spec.  Piss poor on TT's part, especially for the price they are selling these for, very close to Nippon price!

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro 1050GH S
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

2 hours ago, pjc said:

Been hearing some bad things about the quality control of these Mid shafts.  Being reported that the weight specs are all over the place with up to 5 grams difference than listed spec.  Piss poor on TT's part, especially for the price they are selling these for, very close to Nippon price!

I have the AMT White S300 which raw weight is 115G in my T100 4 iron, build weight is 411G. The dynamic gold mid 115 S300 in a T200 4 iron comes in at 410G.

4 hours ago, zrheisler22 said:

I have the AMT White S300 which raw weight is 115G in my T100 4 iron, build weight is 411G. The dynamic gold mid 115 S300 in a T200 4 iron comes in at 410G.

Outta curiosity, what’s in the rest of your set?

I just got a combo set 4-6 T-200 and 5-P 100S all S400. Starting to hit them in the sim and dialing them in over the winter. Need pick the 4-6i. Would like some more launch and distance from the longer irons, but worried about going too soft 

Edited by Walkerdb7

1 hour ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Outta curiosity, what’s in the rest of your set?

I just got a combo set 4-6 T-200 and 5-P 100S all S400. Starting to hit them in the sim and dialing them in over the winter. Need pick the 4-6i. Would like some more launch and distance from the longer irons, but worried about going too soft 

I just play the 4 iron in the T200. 5-PW is T100 with the AMT S300

white

16 minutes ago, zrheisler22 said:

I just play the 4 iron in the T200. 5-PW is T100 with the AMT S300

white

How is the feel and flight in the 4 iron with the DG mid compared to the AMT white. I have the AMT White in my 5-9 iron and the DGTI s400 in my PW, gap, sand and lob wedges. 

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

2 minutes ago, jah7838 said:

How is the feel and flight in the 4 iron with the DG mid compared to the AMT white. I have the AMT White in my 5-9 iron and the DGTI s400 in my PW, gap, sand and lob wedges. 

Slightly similar I would say but you can definitely tell there is a bit more action/kick. On average it launched about 1.5 to 2* than the T100 with the lofts set the same. I’m happy how it turned out, I played the T100 4 iron last year with the AMT and just couldn’t consistently enough launch it from non perfect lies so went with the T200 for added help. 

28 minutes ago, zrheisler22 said:

Slightly similar I would say but you can definitely tell there is a bit more action/kick. On average it launched about 1.5 to 2* than the T100 with the lofts set the same. I’m happy how it turned out, I played the T100 4 iron last year with the AMT and just couldn’t consistently enough launch it from non perfect lies so went with the T200 for added help. 

Damn, that is exactly what I am looking for

Were you able to test this at all pre-purchase or just reshafted the 4i on a whim?

1 hour ago, zrheisler22 said:

That’s what I was hoping to hear…may order one here soon to toss in a Maltby 4 iron head or go ahead and order a new  Srixon Utility and put it in there. Thanks!

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

2 minutes ago, jah7838 said:

That’s what I was hoping to hear…may order one here soon to toss in a Maltby 4 iron head or go ahead and order a new  Srixon Utility and put it in there. Thanks!

I was going to buy the Srixon utility until I remembered I had the T200 sitting at my office as a paper weight. I think the shaft does pretty much what it was advertised to do. Think if you are playing strong lofted irons with stretched back CG, they will pair nicely. 

Edited by zrheisler22

Haha, I have the ZX laying around if I switch to the T200

• 1 month later...

Anyone have feedback on the Dynamic Gold Mid 115 s300 shafts? Have seen a lot of comparisons of the X100 Mid version being similar to the Modus 130. I don’t know if that is true but it was not a selling point to me because I’m not a good match for the Modus 130. And it feels too firm to me.  

But then I was reading Russ Ryden’s testing and he says the Mid 130 Tour Issue bend profile is a “very different” profile from the Mid 115 and Mid 100, which he says are an extension of the Project X profile. That would get me interested as the PX Rifle is the shaft I like the most. Wondering if anyone has thoughts on this. Have not tested a Mid 115. Here is an excerpt from Ryden’s analysis:

“The Dynamic Gold Mid is a new profile from True Temper. Actually it is two profiles, the  Dynamic Gold Mid 130 Tour Issue models are very different from the Dynamic Gold Mid 100 and 115 models. Based on my experience with very good reason.”

“The Dynamic Gold Mid is not the typical Dynamic archetype. I don’t see the change in tip length typical in Dynamic designs. What I do see is a consistent profile with a change in weight and stiffness as flex designation (R, S, X) changes. That is what I see in the Project X models. To find the appropriate graphic to illustrate this design I went to the Project X profiles. And as you can clearly see in this illustration is exactly what True Temper noted.

I see an extension of the Project X shaft into lighter weights with a profile adjusted to the needs of a golfer that fits into lighter weights than are offered in the Project X. Fitters that work with Project X should be adding the lighter weight Dynamic Gold Mid shafts into their kit. Those golfers that like the Project X profile but are at a stage in life where lighter shafts are needed should be trying the Dynamic Golf Mid shafts.”

Edited by dmeeksDC
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I ended up going LA Golf and softer lofts and my launch is now off the charts, haha 

I did test the mids during my fitting. I’d call it a subtle tweak compared to standard DG. LA Golf was a revelation 

• 4 weeks later...

Got got my set delivered to the UK

DG 115 MID S300 4-PW, availability is scared over here!

Weight Issues encountered so far…

7 iron 111g

5 iron 119g

others were within 1-1.5g of 115g

piss poor compared to Nippon’s quality control.

Theses are going on Mizuno Pro 223

Changing from Modus 105 S, report back after a few rounds

Current Stats from Skytrak 

Club: 7 iron

Shaft: Modus 105 S

Club Head Speed: 82mph

Carry Distance: 170 yards

Total Distance: 173 yards

Launch Angle: 23.5

Spin Rate: 6700

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised there isn't more talk and testing of these shafts.  I just put a TI x100 mid into a wedge and i'm going to test it out the next few weeks.  With KBS discontinuing my wedge shafts I'm on the look out for something to replace them.  I'm hoping the mid x100 is a little softer in the handle and tip than an x100 but balances like a DG.  We'll see.  

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TM BRNR 13.5* hzrdus gen4 black 6.5 70g 43.75"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDX  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

On 3/17/2023 at 1:36 AM, pjc said:

Been eyeballing the mid 100 and 115 for a little while myself.  Will be interesting to hear any feedback.  I suspect that the mid 100 will be like the old XP/Elevate 105 and the mid 115 will be like the XP/Elevate 115.  Stronger mid section, more active tip section and a mid to lower balance point.  I'm also guessing that it's more of a rebranding/rename situation with the Dynamic Gold naming convention, but also adding in the tour issue 130 gram weight class.

To me they are mis using the name

I tried the Dynamic gold 95s in s200 and they play very soft.

Maybe using lite or super lite after the dg would be more accurate

I've got the MID 115's in my wedges and play Elevate Tours in my irons.  They are very similar, I think the MID 115's are slightly stiffer in the mid section and thus slightly tighter feeling.  Again the differences are pretty small, I'm not sure many would notice.

• Thanks 2

TaylorMade Qi10LS 9.75* - Fujikura Ventus Red 60
TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 70
PING G430 19* - Fujikura Ventus Blue 80

PING i230 4-PW - True Temper Dynamic Gold 120

PING S159 - 49* S, 54* S, 58* H - True Temper Dynamic Gold 120

Titleist Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Pro V1x

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2023 at 7:29 AM, mt3 said:

I've got the MID 115's in my wedges and play Elevate Tours in my irons.  They are very similar, I think the MID 115's are slightly stiffer in the mid section and thus slightly tighter feeling.  Again the differences are pretty small, I'm not sure many would notice.

This is what I am looking for, a shaft easier to find for my wedge shafts where I still play hsx2 Elevate Tours in my irons. Any change in opinions since? 

My gap wedge seems to fly very high, and I could bring down the launch and spin in my PW as well, but neither are too far off to do anything drastic. I just want something a little stiffer in the tip and tighter feeling on a fuller shot than the stock wedge-flex DGs.

• 4 months later...

I’m not gaming them but I got to thoroughly test them when I was getting fit for new irons as they are the stock shaft in this years Wilson release.

They feel like a lighter project x at 115grams xstiff.  I had trouble feeling the club head.  They apexed high and flat and spun about 500 revs more than 130x100. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

I’m not gaming them but I got to thoroughly test them when I was getting fit for new irons as they are the stock shaft in this years Wilson release.

They feel like a lighter project x at 115grams xstiff.  I had trouble feeling the club head.  They apexed high and flat and spun about 500 revs more than 130x100. 

Good feedback, thank you

On 3/16/2023 at 2:36 PM, pjc said:

This makes sense as the last set I tried for awhile in steel was the Tour Elevate 115 in PXG 0317ST's.  My ping BPS have the DG 115 and now that you mention it I think they produce very similar ball flights, but without a side by side or LM for both I cannot be sure, but the similarities are striking.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One