2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

41 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

Oh for sure, the product is basically done. I have talked to a guy who’s allegedly hit them. 

But they will go through the usual song and dance and we will get an early fall release. If the guys on tour aren’t bagging them yet it is months away. 

Well it can’t get here quick enough. I’ve been holding off ordering Titleist stuff since January. Season officially starts Monday 4/3. 

I like the idea of something in between the 100 and 200 and get rid of the 100S. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist won’t do it but would love it if they just left the T100 alone. It is a perfect iron. I don’t get why people think getting rid of the S is a good idea either. It fits a lot of golfers. A “T150” seems to be sillier imo. If I’m them I’m not even touching the T100 or 100s, changing the T200 to more players iron and taking that disgusting T300 and moving it to more of a current T200. But the T100 is the best iron i think titleist has ever made. 

• Like 4

On 3/28/2023 at 8:01 AM, uglande said:

The T100 is my favorite iron of all time. Not switching lightly. But I would consider adding in a T200 in the 4 iron and maybe a 2 iron, but they should match the aesthetic and the finish of the T200 (from polished to brushed steel) to match the T100, allowing the two to blend more seamlessly. (Like the Mizuno Pro line). I would also like a fully forged version of the T200 (I would pay a little more), and of course they need to abandon the cheap plastic badging. 

Yes!!!

3 hours ago, DatDude7984 said:

Titleist won’t do it but would love it if they just left the T100 alone. It is a perfect iron. I don’t get why people think getting rid of the S is a good idea either. It fits a lot of golfers. A “T150” seems to be sillier imo. If I’m them I’m not even touching the T100 or 100s, changing the T200 to more players iron and taking that disgusting T300 and moving it to more of a current T200. But the T100 is the best iron i think titleist has ever made. 

I agree that keeping the "s" version of the T100 in the next lineup is smart. This gives people a lot of flexibility between the two sets to get exactly what they need in terms of launch, spin, gapping, etc., and the two sets can be blended. I use the "s" version of the 4 iron while the rest are the regular T100 irons. This gives me the right gapping between 4i and 5i. 

Titleist TSR3 1w 08.75 - Tour AD VF

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w 4h – Tour AD DI

Titleist T100 5i 6i 7i 8i 9i – X100

Titleist SM9 46F 50F 54S 60M – S400

Titleist Pro V1 – Mezz.1 Broomstick

26 minutes ago, uglande said:

I agree that keeping the "s" version of the T100 in the next lineup is smart. This gives people a lot of flexibility between the two sets to get exactly what they need in terms of launch, spin, gapping, etc., and the two sets can be blended. I use the "s" version of the 4 iron while the rest are the regular T100 irons. This gives me the right gapping between 4i and 5i. 

I have never understood the "S" version. How is it supposed to help other than it has stronger lofts but yet elevates the launch with tungsten so they go further. Are they supposed to be more forgiving? I tried them out and went with the standard T-100 because the 100 was more accurate. The "S" went all over the place (for me). Probably naively, I thought to myself, it is for guys that want to say I hit a 7 iron 200 yards instead of saying they hit a 6.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

1 hour ago, uglande said:

I really think your "all over the place" experience was anomalous. It's basically the same iron with a few tweaks. But that's exactly why it exists. Titleist isn't pitching it as a whole separate category of iron aimed a different set of golfers. It's just if you happen to want slightly lower launch and less spin, then lean T100s. If you want more launch and spin, go for T100. I happen to prefer higher spin because it gives me more control, so I play T100, even though a fitter would probably look at my numbers and steer me toward T100s. 

The two iron sets exist for the same reason Tsr2, Tsr3 and Tsr4 drivers exist. These aren't each meant for different "categories" of golfers. They are meant to create a set of configuration options so that every golfer can find their best fit. 

Well said.  This forum can't get over itself in regards to loft jacking, I'm not surprised at all the first response to your post called out loft jacking.

I hit both, I went with the S.  I've never played anything other than traditional lofts in my life (28 degree 5 iron - 48 degree PW, you get the idea).  The S made more sense for my game.  Especially for someone like me - I am getting back into golf seriously again for the first time since I was a junior - used to be borderline scratch as a junior, now play to a 11-12.  I am not compressing the ball like I used to, so my dynamic loft is too high - distance/speed is not the issue (all things being relative, I'm not 180 ball speed or anything, but you get it).  The S brought my spin and flight down, and that was big.  The decision had nothing to do with any extra distance.  

BTW - I saw no dispersion difference between them at all.  If anything the S is a little more forgiving in the 4-7 irons.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, uglande said:

I really think your "all over the place" experience was anomalous. It's basically the same iron with a few tweaks. But that's exactly why it exists. Titleist isn't pitching it as a whole separate category of iron aimed a different set of golfers. It's just if you happen to want slightly lower launch and less spin, then lean T100s. If you want more launch and spin, go for T100. I happen to prefer higher spin because it gives me more control, so I play T100, even though a fitter would probably look at my numbers and steer me toward T100s. 

The two iron sets exist for the same reason Tsr2, Tsr3 and Tsr4 drivers exist. These aren't each meant for different "categories" of golfers. They are meant to create a set of configuration options so that every golfer can find their best fit. 

THIS! You explained this more clearly than Titleist has attempted to date. I have never heard the spin factor before. They do not even discuss different launch. All they talk about is distance and forgiveness.

https://www.titleist.com/product/t100•s/549C%3ARH%3A3-GW.html

Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Odyssey Triple T 

4 hours ago, BlkNGld said:

Think of the differences between ProV1 and ProV1x and apply them to the T100 line.   It's not about hitting it farther, it's about managing launch and spin.

Thank you! I never heard the “managing launch and spin” before. Titleist never mentions it.

Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Odyssey Triple T 

Agreed on the comments that the T100S is for managing launch and spin.  Everyone I know who got fitted into these, including our teaching pro says it was the model that gave him the best window of flight.  I personally play them as well, and that is because I don't hit the ball far enough to need the T100 instead.  I probably get more ballspeed out of these too, but never even was told to hit the T100 once we say numbers on T100S... no issue stopping them, and spin seems manageable.  

I ended up in t100 as it just suited me better and left me less of a gapping issue with the wedges, I personally think the t100 and t100s could stay as is, it’s the t200/t300 which need the big work. 
a much more solid feeling t200, more like a zx mark Ii or a p770 would be a great move and either way just drop the plastic back. The 300 could possibly stay go to that hollow plastic type head. 

alternatively, I also have the 620CB which are not overly more challenging to hit that the t100. The t100 has almost the same feel as you can see by so many on tour moving to the 100.  There would be a case for a 610MB, 610CB and the 610CB replacing the 100, or not existing anymore. 

• Like 2

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Goldenhawk said:

Confirmed with the staffers I know.  The Titleist Staff and Fitters will get their introduction and get to hit the new irons the second week of June.  Four, possibly five irons, to be introduced.

Any word if there will be new CB/MB this time around?

33 minutes ago, Cstobaugh said:

Any word if there will be new CB/MB this time around?

No info yet.  Too early.

Titleist TSR2, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

Titleist T200 Irons, 4-PW, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM10 Jet Black Wedges, 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 60.08 SM, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

On 4/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, Goldenhawk said:

Confirmed with the staffers I know.  The Titleist Staff and Fitters will get their introduction and get to hit the new irons the second week of June.  Four, possibly five irons, to be introduced.

Any mention of a new utility to replace the u505?

TSR3 8 Ventus TR Black 6

TSR3 15 Ventus TR Blue 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

T200 4-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
SM10 54F/60M DG TI S400
Circle T Phantom 11.5 Proto 

Pro V1

This may mean nothing but it might be something. 

Today Titleist announced the 2023 Team Titleist Invitational to be held Nov 30-Dec 2nd 

For the past 5 or 6 years this event has been timed to coincide with the launch of the irons and drivers of that year, so that the attendees were among the first public golfers to get to hit the product.  About 1 month after the staffers have been fit. 

I think the TS driver line was launched around Nov 5 or 6 of 2020 and the TT event that year was late October? 

Again it may be totally unrelated or it could match a slight switch in their launch date.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 minutes ago, 4TheKing614 said:

I was talking to our titleist rep. I asked about the irons. He said he has a meeting in June. That’s when he will see them. 

Yep. Their annual sales meeting. Typically they are all fit at TPI at that time.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 hours ago, Aces-6 said:

Any mention of a new utility to replace the u505?

No.  Not yet.

1 hour ago, 4TheKing614 said:

I was talking to our titleist rep. I asked about the irons. He said he has a meeting in June. That’s when he will see them. 

The Titleist staff and fitters I know are from the Mid-Atlantic Area.  They will be going to  Philadelphia, where their regional manager is based, on June 12-14.  They will get the first look and hit/get fitted for their new irons.  Fittings of other Titleist Staff will be done during the following weeks.

Team Titleist Members will be invited to fitting events the week after the allotted time for the staffers has past (similar to what was done with the launch of TSR).  The fittings at launch of TSR was free.  So people need to sign up on the Titleist Website and complete their profile in order to get a chance at being invited for a free fitting.

Edited by Goldenhawk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Titleist TSR2, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

Titleist T200 Irons, 4-PW, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM10 Jet Black Wedges, 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 60.08 SM, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter