2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

Maybe I am the unicorn of the group (or didn’t see it yet) but I didn’t care for them at all!  I currently play the T100s and I thought the new series were chunkier.  I did side by side comparisons and they were, bigger and thicker!  I didn’t think they felt any better than my current T100s and I actually hit mine a little more consistent.  Maybe my delivery but I wasn’t impressed at all.  

oh well, just my 2¥.

-Fourpar18

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Doc420 said:

For the guys wondering about getting the gap wedge? Did any of your fitters suggest bending the pw a degree week and then building your wedge gaps from there. My Pw will be 45 not 44. 

Why not just go 1* weak in the T150 9-iron and go to a T100 PW.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

20 minutes ago, Fourpar18 said:

Maybe I am the unicorn of the group (or didn’t see it yet) but I didn’t care for them at all!  I currently play the T100s and I thought the new series were chunkier.  I did side by side comparisons and they were, bigger and thicker!  I didn’t think they felt any better than my current T100s and I actually hit mine a little more consistent.  Maybe my delivery but I wasn’t impressed at all.  

oh well, just my 2¥.

-Fourpar18

Well, I'd say they are chunkier by design. That's why they rebranded them and have noted that they increased the size to make them more appealing to a wider swath of players.

I don't think they are promoting a superior feel to the T100s, at least not from where I've seen? And re: more consistency...not to sound flip, but I would expect you to hit your own iron you've been playing more consistently!

I imagine Titleist would say they didn't build this new model to get a player like you to upgrade. I think that bit extra size is what made a bunch of players feel in no man's land between T100s and T200.

• Like 4

Ping G430 Max 10K 9° Ping Tour 65S
Ping G425 Max 3W 14.5° Ping Tour 75S
Titleist U505 2 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 85S
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW, GW KBS $-Taper 120S
Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10S (Raw) & 58.06K (Raw) KBS $-Taper 120S
Scotty Cameron Super Select Golo 6.5
Bridgestone Tour BX (2022)

17 hours ago, JarCar14 said:

Well, I'd say they are chunkier by design. That's why they rebranded them and have noted that they increased the size to make them more appealing to a wider swath of players.

I don't think they are promoting a superior feel to the T100s, at least not from where I've seen? And re: more consistency...not to sound flip, but I would expect you to hit your own iron you've been playing more consistently!

I imagine Titleist would say they didn't build this new model to get a player like you to upgrade. I think that bit extra size is what made a bunch of players feel in no man's land between T100s and T200.

Concur with your statement about my own irons but I hit them with the same shaft and lofts.  

I know what most are going to say but telling us that Tour Pro’s are switching to the 100s and going to a chunkier iron like this is false advertising.  I know your pros hit different stuff than us but I just couldn’t see them hitting the ones I tested today.  

FWIW: I am currently a 5 handicap and been as low as a 2.8. 

Edited by Fourpar18
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, JarCar14 said:

There is something on the Titleist website about how the faces are now milled for greater consistency.  Perhaps that is the upgrade.  But TM has been milling some of their P Series Irons for a couple of cycles.

Titleist TSR2, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Wood, 16.5*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

Titleist TSR2 Wood, 21.0*, MCC Tensei Blue 60 R

Titleist 2023 T200 Irons, 4-PW, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM10 Jet Black Wedges, 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 60.08 SM, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

1 hour ago, Goldenhawk said:

There is something on the Titleist website about how the faces are now milled for greater consistency.  Perhaps that is the upgrade.  But TM has been milling some of their P Series Irons for a couple of cycles.

From a product marketing perspective, T150 is not a feel story. It's an aesthetic + performance story aimed at capturing whoever was left behind when they shifted the T100 chassis to being based off the CB. Titleist would have said that despite the size, the 2021 models were best in class forgiveness for their size. But too many players were scared off by the size to find that out. So, we fix the lineup:

T100 (2021) - ultimate tour cavity back
T100s (2021) - No compromises. Have the perfect look AND hit it farther
T100 (2023) - ultimate tour cavity back part deux

T150 (2023) - Ok, fine. We got a little aggressive with the tour part. How bout an ultimate cavity back that performs?

• Like 2

Got notified mine (T150 5-PW/T200 4 utility)are being built now so hoping to have them by Friday. Looking forward to it

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR
TSR2 15° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0
TSI2 18° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0 

T200 Utility 4 Project X HZRDUS Black 4G  

T150 5 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105

Vokey SM9 48 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Scott Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Tour Midsize Bag

Pro V1

16 hours ago, GC70 said:

For the people that had to wait and order on the 8/3. Will we be getting these before the official release?

Though I ordered a little early not sure if order went in before Aug 3rd and they are in production with possible ship late this week.  Was told trying to have pre-orders hit by the 8/26 in store date

2 hours ago, Jbigda said:

When did you place your order?

20 July but I’m in Australia so they aren’t as quick when it comes to build times

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR
TSR2 15° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0
TSI2 18° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0 

T200 Utility 4 Project X HZRDUS Black 4G  

T150 5 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105

Vokey SM9 48 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Scott Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Tour Midsize Bag

Pro V1

11 hours ago, Fourpar18 said:

Concur with your state Mt about my own irons but I hit them with the same shaft and lofts.  

I know what most are going to say but telling us that Tour Pro’s are switching to the 100s and going to a chunkier iron like this is false advertising.  I know your pros hit different stuff than us but I just couldn’t see them hitting the ones I tested today.  

FWIW: I am currently a 5 handicap and been as low as a 2.8. 

So you know for a fact that no pro's will be switching from their current T series to these?

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

20 minutes ago, Konklifer said:

So you know for a fact that no pro's will be switching from their current T series to these?

I don’t think I ever said that.  I just don’t think that a tour pro would play the retail model but instead are playing a “tour only” model.  

It’s just my opinion and have played in a few Pro Am events and seeing what’s in their bags I just don’t see it.  

10 minutes ago, Masse1369 said:

Titleist doesn’t really do that, especially in irons. 

I agree with you. Back in the old days the irons would “look” like the retail but were drastically different with a better quality build. However, these days, the irons that the pros play are the same heads that we can buy.

I remember having a set of tour Lynx Parralax irons when Couples played them. They were soooo much better than the retail.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

12 hours ago, PostandGhost said:

I'm kinda liking these reviews.  It's nice to see someone reviewing irons at less than a 105 mph swing speed for a 7 iron.  Hope they start sharing more actual data rather than just the "scores".  

Was excited about these, but yea, subjective ratings don't really do a whole lot for me.  What's the difference between a 4.5 and 4.6?  Regardless interesting to see the mishit data/dispersion.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSR3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TSR2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

T200 4, T150 5-7, T100 8-P - PX 6.5 ssx1

Vokey SM7 50F - PX 6.5

Vokey 55S, 60V - PX 6.5 Wedge

Ping PLD Kushin 4

Pro V1

2 hours ago, darkman8 said:

I ordered late in the day after my fitting on 8/2. Just delivered this morning. Less than a week turnaround time from order to delivery. Pretty damn good. Well done Titleist!!! 

Did Titleist ship directly to you or to the place you got fit at? 

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I hit the T100, T150, and 620 CB in the PX LZ 6.0 shaft. I had some good looks into how these irons performed for me. The shaft was by far the best with the stock head weights. I tried to use the Modus 120 but couldn't quite time it as well as I did with the P770 and prior gen T100, granted the T100 had the X and not stiff. 

Spin rates and descent angle were lower with the T150 but not miles off. I was just a little hesitant on that iron at the stock lofts due to being a lower launch/spin player to begin with. I was averaging around 5400rpm with the 7 iron, launch at 15°, and descent angle was around 41°. Once I put the T100 and CB in my hands, it was a different story. 

With the T100 and CB, spin rates jumped up closer to 6000, the launch was around 16.5°, and the descent angle was averaging 46°. My peak height was much better as it was hovering around 32 yards. I was getting close to the same distances with the T100/CB vs the T150. I might end up doing a split set and have the T150 bent 2° weak to match the lofts of the T100 but to have more forgiveness in the longer irons (4-6).

• Like 3

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Max 9° - Denali Blue 60 6.5

Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15° - Denali Black 70 6.0

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Bettinardi Studio Stock 35 Remix

Titleist Pro V1

2 hours ago, Fourpar18 said:

I don’t think I ever said that.  I just don’t think that a tour pro would play the retail model but instead are playing a “tour only” model.  

It’s just my opinion and have played in a few Pro Am events and seeing what’s in their bags I just don’t see it.  

In a sea of speculative and subjective comments, yours is standing out as particularly presumptuous and misguided. Not a personal dig, but you don't need to keep fighting back as different people raise their eyebrow to your post, and your follow-up, and your follow-up to the follow-up.

It's all good, if it's not for you it's not for you! But I don't think extrapolating your thoughts to others is working out so well.

22 hours ago, vbell007 said:

Nice, that’s what I was thinking after my fitting on the 3rd but I didn’t pull the trigger on the GW. Would like to get the consistency, feel and forgiveness of the T150 but didn’t know if I was crazy to ditch a Vokey or if I would be giving up alot of spin. Ill go with the T150 gap then fill in whatever degree is needed between that and my 60 degree lob. 

No, you wouldn't be crazy to ditch it. Just depends on well of a short game player you are, if you're looking for help at the GW range, just because a specialty wedge can lose distance quick. The benefit of the specialty wedge would be its ability to generate a lot of spin. If you're not sure, might as well get the iron set, play your existing wedges, and see what kind of yardages you're left with and if your current GW works or if a iron set GW makes more sense. All of you have to do is order the GW thru Titleist with the same iron set specs by giving them the serial number associated to the irons. 

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

28 minutes ago, stevechooster said:

No, you wouldn't be crazy to ditch it. Just depends on well of a short game player you are, if you're looking for help at the GW range, just because a specialty wedge can lose distance quick. The benefit of the specialty wedge would be its ability to generate a lot of spin. If you're not sure, might as well get the iron set, play your existing wedges, and see what kind of yardages you're left with and if your current GW works or if a iron set GW makes more sense. All of you have to do is order the GW thru Titleist with the same iron set specs by giving them the serial number associated to the irons. 

I agree with you, but with a slight twist. When the '21 T-100 came out, I was currently playing a Vokey 46* as my PW. I had put that in the bag a couple of months earlier on a whim. However, I ordered the set PW with my full order and then tested it against the Vokey 46*. For me, it turned out that I was more accurate and could actually hit the Vokey further than the set PW. I understand that is counter to conventional wisdom, but it was how it was for me.

During this cycle, I may do the same thing again and purchase the set PW (with whatever version I get 100 or 150) and then test it against the Vokey.  Personally, I like the spin control of the Vokey, being able to flight it down and the consistency of 1/2 wedge shots, etc. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

2 hours ago, hwwong said:

Was excited about these, but yea, subjective ratings don't really do a whole lot for me.  What's the difference between a 4.5 and 4.6?  Regardless interesting to see the mishit data/dispersion.  

I went back to one of their earlier videos and they explained the rating but I can't remember off the top of my head what the explanation was.  At least the ratings give you an apples to apples comparison against other heads performed on the robot, but the analytics that makeup those ratings would be much more helpful to the consumer so they can narrow down which heads might work the best for them when they go into a fitting.  I like how they have two different sets of mishits, one more broad and the other more narrow.  I also like how most of the videos are around 5 minutes long.  No need to stretch it out to 10 minutes with chit chat and B roll.  I know the YouTube algorithm loves a 10 minute video, so don't expect to see these vids pop up organically in your feed.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PostandGhost said:

I went back to one of their earlier videos and they explained the rating but I can't remember off the top of my head what the explanation was.  At least the ratings give you an apples to apples comparison against other heads performed on the robot, but the analytics that makeup those ratings would be much more helpful to the consumer so they can narrow down which heads might work the best for them when they go into a fitting.  I like how they have two different sets of mishits, one more broad and the other more narrow.  I also like how most of the videos are around 5 minutes long.  No need to stretch it out to 10 minutes with chit chat and B roll.  I know the YouTube algorithm loves a 10 minute video, so don't expect to see these vids pop up organically in your feed.  

totally agree

• Like 1