2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

Got the shipping notice on mine, yay! They should arrive on Friday.

5-7 T200, 8-GW T150 with Steelfiber i80 Private Reserve, BB&F ferrules and Pure Pro grips. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Callaway AI Smoke Max // Tour AD IZ 55

Ping G430 3H, 4H, 5H // Tour AD IZ 65

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM10 52.08, 56.10 // Steelfiber i90PR

Edel Columbia

6 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Got the shipping notice on mine, yay! They should arrive on Friday.

5-7 T200, 8-GW T150 with Steelfiber i80 Private Reserve, BB&F ferrules and Pure Pro grips. Can't wait!

Sorry if this is somewhere in the 80+ pages before, but how long did it take for you specifically?

Taylormade Sim Max - Dr, 3W, 3H
Nike Forged Blades - 3-PW

Titleist Vokey SM9 - 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 - P

Just now, kwonye said:

Sorry if this is somewhere in the 80+ pages before, but how long did it take for you specifically?

A month exactly. Fitted at Cool Clubs on 8/12, got the shipping notice today.

Edel Columbia

1 minute ago, chocolate_rehab said:

A month exactly. Fitted at Cool Clubs on 8/12, got the shipping notice today.

Amazing. Congrats! I'm a huge fan of their robot videos.

Is there anything that surprised you in the fitting? I'm still debating if a fitting is necessary at all on my end...

Taylormade Sim Max - Dr, 3W, 3H
Nike Forged Blades - 3-PW

Titleist Vokey SM9 - 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 - P

On the shafts I wouldn't say surprised, no. I am a longtime and diehard graphite shaft user, and Titleist has a fairly limited selection of graphite iron shafts. I decided if I were dropping the coin for a new set of irons, I wanted to be sure I had the right clubs and especially the right shaft. I got to try a bunch of more exotic options like Accra, and some different weights than what Titleist offers. I had never hit the Steelfiber Private Reserve before, and I was surprised that they felt different to me than the regular ones (I hit both). I know people snark that they're just upcharged Steelfibers, but I just worry about my own conclusions and wallet and let others worry about theirs.

I'd been fit into the T100s irons a couple of years ago - the T200s surprised me with how good they felt and looked compared to the last gen. It was a no brainer to go with them in the longer irons. Also surprised I didn't get along as well with the T350.

Most importantly I wanted to hit off of real grass.

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 2

Edel Columbia

Yes, it’s hard to actual find a fitter that fits you to each club specifically. Clearly the titleist performance center can do it. I just got my t200 6-9 and 150s pw/gw. Ordered them on the 4th…very happy with how fast I got them. One range session and is exactly what I wanted. Super solid on center strikes..ball speed retention on toe strikes. I’m half a club longer and the height is really nice since I’m generally a lower ball hitter. No question the 150s sound better but I wanted the extra ball speed and forgiveness. 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:32 PM, balladm said:

I've been waiting about 6 weeks now on my T200 utility. It will be my 3 iron but I'll let you know when I get it.

@RedbirdI hit my T200 3iron with Gen 4 PX 6.5 shaft today (utility build). It is very long, low spin, and consistently with my 3 hybrid carry. It will be good off the tee but Im not sure if I could hold a green with it. I tried to hit it high but it was still mpre penetrating than anything. Feel is very solid, not soft, similar to the 1st TM UDI off the face but it's pretty forgiving. 👌 it does feel a bit light but I have some lead tape.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 5:42 PM, sanjaygolf said:

Anyone get fit by Gary Axelrod in Boca Raton? Curious how the experience was. 

I am getting fit for a new driver with Gary in October - did you end up going for a fitting yet? 

If not, i'll be sure to share how my experience goes! This will be my first time getting fitted for a driver (and much needed considering it's the only club in my bag i know i'm not currently fit well for).

Titleist TSR3 9º Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S

Titleist TSR1 4 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85S

Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50º 12F Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 56º 12D Dynamic Gold S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X L Neck KBS Tour GPS 120

20 hours ago, banister said:

Seems like they're fulfilling orders quicker. Just received order update email that says T150 7-P is now "shipped" though T200s 5 and 6 are still in progress. Ordered 9/5. No tracking number though.

Jealous! I got fit on 9/2 and still have heard no update. Estimated shipping is 9/25. Anyone else with KBS shafts seeing a delay in shipping?

Are the T100 that much more difficult to hit than the T150? 

I hit the T150 in the store and they checked all the boxes. When I got them on the course, they were longer than I want them. I don't want to redo my wedges and hybrids.

I didn't hit the T100 particularly well in the store but not poorly either but that might be different out on the course. I don't do well in the stores or on launch monitors. I need to see real life results. 

6 minutes ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

I hit the T150 in the store and they checked all the boxes. When I got them on the course, they were longer than I want them. I don't want to redo my wedges and hybrids.

I didn't hit the T100 particularly well in the store but not poorly either but that might be different out on the course. I don't do well in the stores or on launch monitors. I need to see real life results. 

I thought like t100 & t100s they are same offset, blade length, just different tech. 

56 minutes ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

I tested both in a fitting.  My opinion is if you can hit the t150, you can hit the t100.  Lower swing speed players will find more benefit with the t150.

2 hours ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

I tested both in a fitting.  My opinion is if you can hit the t150, you can hit the t100.  Lower swing speed players will find more benefit with the t150.

I guess this could be the case, but T150 is also helpful for high swing speed high spin. Agree that if you can hit 150 than 100 os fine. Just depends what the numbers say. 

Just now, Pens #1 fan said:

I guess this could be the case, but T150 is also helpful for high swing speed high spin. Agree that if you can hit 150 than 100 os fine. Just depends what the numbers say. 

Could be helpful, yes.

I’m higher speed, high spin.  (95+ with 7 iron and an early release or flip).  The fitter mentioned the stronger lofts may help.  The 150 apexed higher and spun significantly more for me than the t100.  Same shaft.

t100, 620cb, mp221, 923 tour all gave me better numbers and dispersion than the t150.

Barring a catastrophe with what's in the box when they arrive (touch wood), Titleist is killing it with the deliverables on my order. I was fit through a Titleist fitter on 9/11 and my clubs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow 9/19. I ordered Vokeys, T100 irons and a T150 iron with C-Taper Lites and Tour Velvet Plus4 grips. All standard length, lie and loft except for one of the wedges. I'd also note I'm just outside DC and they shipped from CA so they are going cross country. I won't be surprised if the T150 5-iron is missing but I'd be pumped to have everything else. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Shaft back order is killing me. Ordered 8/9 @ titleist fitting event. First quoted 9/11 ship then 9/14, 9/18 and currently 9/22. I'm an impulse buyer due to getting buyers remorse and thinking something better is always out there. If I have the clubs that all goes away, my mental health of debating did I make the right call is killing me! 

4 hours ago, Ewood808 said:

Shaft back order is killing me. Ordered 8/9 @ titleist fitting event. First quoted 9/11 ship then 9/14, 9/18 and currently 9/22. I'm an impulse buyer due to getting buyers remorse and thinking something better is always out there. If I have the clubs that all goes away, my mental health of debating did I make the right call is killing me! 

You and me both. I ordered 7/25 after a Team Titleist fitting and I still don't have them. I'm being told it's the PX LS shafts that have been back-ordered. My date, similar to yours, has been consistently pushed. 

It's taking all my willpower to not just call them and tell them to put X100s in them and be done with it. But I don't want to regret and second guess what I was fit into...

32 minutes ago, jak77 said:

You and me both. I ordered 7/25 after a Team Titleist fitting and I still don't have them. I'm being told it's the PX LS shafts that have been back-ordered. My date, similar to yours, has been consistently pushed. 

It's taking all my willpower to not just call them and tell them to put X100s in them and be done with it. But I don't want to regret and second guess what I was fit into...

Stay strong - I was going through the same thing and the wait was horrible, but now that I have them they're perfect and I'm glad I waited. Hang in there, they're worth the wait.

• Like 1

Edel Columbia

20 hours ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

Can confirm this from my fitting. I have average swing speed. Between 100-105mph w/driver. I hit both t100 and t150 just fine. Didn’t feel totally different to me. Just slightly more launch and slightly more distance with the 150s. 

On 9/15/2023 at 2:11 PM, alexc93 said:

I am getting fit for a new driver with Gary in October - did you end up going for a fitting yet? 

If not, i'll be sure to share how my experience goes! This will be my first time getting fitted for a driver (and much needed considering it's the only club in my bag i know i'm not currently fit well for).

Yes, I ended up going. Overall it was a good experience. Gary was great to work with and it was awesome to hit outdoors with ProV1 balls. One thing you might want to find out beforehand is what shafts he will have available if you're someone who is looking to not go stock. I was fit for irons and I know from experience I'm a DG guy, so I didnt try to waste my time trying to find the right shaft, but with a driver I think a shaft is more important. Just not sure if he'll be carrying a Ventus, etc.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link

17 minutes ago, sanjaygolf said:

Yes, I ended up going. Overall it was a good experience. Gary was great to work with and it was awesome to hit outdoors with ProV1 balls. One thing you might want to find out beforehand is what shafts he will have available if you're someone who is looking to not go stock. I was fit for irons and I know from experience I'm a DG guy, so I didnt try to waste my time trying to find the right shaft, but with a driver I think a shaft is more important. Just not sure if he'll be carrying a Ventus, etc.

Good to hear - i'm looking forward to it. I did speak with Titleist and they told me he should have all the different shaft options. I'm more than likely going to be fit into an aftermarket shaft as I need something mid launch/low spin. Will update how it goes! 

Titleist TSR3 9º Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S

Titleist TSR1 4 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85S

Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50º 12F Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 56º 12D Dynamic Gold S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X L Neck KBS Tour GPS 120

Hi guys, I'm fighting a nasty hook/draw with my new T200 7-W with Project x LZ 6.0 bent 1 degree strong and 2 degrees flat. I was fitted into these shafts. And during my fitting it was a mixture of draws and hooks. So the 2 degrees flat and project x lz shaft helped straighten my ball a little. But was still drawing the ball to much for my liking on the course. I went back to the PGA superstore. Had my T200 specs checked and it was 2 degrees flat and 1 degree strong. I was averaging 5.5 degrees closed face at impact with 7-9 iron. The wedges I was pretty square at impact with a high straight ball. They had me try different shafts, weight, and flexes again. The project x lz had the best results again.  But here is the weird part I cant understand. And The guys at PGA store cant understand. My T350 7-W with the same shaft and bent 2 degrees flat. I was averaging just below 1 degree closed face at impact with a very slight draw. Any ideas guys? can it be head weight issue? They seem to think its more a swing issue then a club issue now. My previous 2019 T200 with the same shaft and flex it was pretty straight for the most part. Sometimes I'll have a bad swing and would hook. But I no longer have the clubs so I can't even compare it.

21 hours ago, tlinnert said:

Can confirm this from my fitting. I have average swing speed. Between 100-105mph w/driver. I hit both t100 and t150 just fine. Didn’t feel totally different to me. Just slightly more launch and slightly more distance with the 150s. 

It must be me then. I hit the T150 7 iron around 165 and the T100 around 150 which I guess makes sense. There was a 6 mph difference in ball speed which is roughly 12 yards. 

27 minutes ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

It must be me then. I hit the T150 7 iron around 165 and the T100 around 150 which I guess makes sense. There was a 6 mph difference in ball speed which is roughly 12 yards. 

I think that’s a great example of the demographic that the t150 has the most benefit for.  Good ball striker.  Hits t100 7 iron 150 and is looking to get some more yards.

• Like 1

Just hit the T150’s and instantly fell in love with the PX LZ shaft. Just so good. Love the profile, launch, spin, and distance. Just so perfect. Feel is better than the T200 of course, and just went dead straight and long.. for me. Only hit the 5 iron and it was very easy to hit. Hope to demo the 7 iron. This was at Vans golf shop with a Foresight. 

Loved the U505 4 Iron with the HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft. Same, just dead straight and so solid. Winner winner! 

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick