2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

On 10/25/2023 at 9:31 PM, KonaV821 said:

I’ve been following this thread as I’m very intrigued with the t200. 

I currently game the Srixon Zx7 right now. I don’t play much and looking for something with more forgiveness.

My buddy just got a set of t200 and loves it. 

Anyone else come from srixon Zx7? I love the soles on them as I’m pretty steep with my irons. Any issues with turf interaction with these? Prior to the zx7 I had the jpx forged and didn’t get along well with the turf interaction with them. 

I love the ZX7 MKii.  I take shallow divots with irons….sole works for me. I wanted to game the New T200 but the ZX7 MKii feel and performance is hard to beat IMO. 

I played Mizuno CB for 12 yrs before I switched to ZX7 MKii

• Like 1

QI10 Max 9*  Ventus TR 6X Blue

Qi10 Tour 18* Ventus TR 7X Red

Qi10 Tour 4H Ventus TR 8X Blue

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-P Modus 120 S

VOKEY SM9 48-54-58 

TYLORMADE SPIDER x  '24 TP5x

On 10/26/2023 at 12:20 PM, zap311 said:

For anyone who did a T-series fitting directly with Titleist, can you comment on whether you did the fitting just to get your specs and ordered elsewhere or at a later date? If so, was the fitter understanding of this?

I can answer this both from a fitter and a customer standpoint.   I was fit during the Titleist Staff Fittings, so naturally, I ordered that day through our rep.

Since then I have assisted on many fitting days held at our club for the new line.  I am just there to help the fitter with any  support the needs, keeping balls stocked, pricing the order for the customer etc. I do not get too actively involved in the fitting, that's his job and he's the professional. 

So since the customer has paid $100 for the fitting, I'd say over 95% of them order on the spot so the $100 applies to the purchase.  It only applies if you order that day.   The fitter NEVER pushes the player to purchase. Just gives him the results of what works best for him. If the customer doesn't want to order that day. Which as I mentioned has been rare, the fitter will let him take a photo of the screen with his numbers and he will email him the specs that he was fit for.  

The thought is you paid for the fitting, you are entitled to the results., whether you purchase or not.  

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

On 10/25/2023 at 9:31 PM, KonaV821 said:

I’ve been following this thread as I’m very intrigued with the t200. 

I currently game the Srixon Zx7 right now. I don’t play much and looking for something with more forgiveness.

My buddy just got a set of t200 and loves it. 

Anyone else come from srixon Zx7? I love the soles on them as I’m pretty steep with my irons. Any issues with turf interaction with these? Prior to the zx7 I had the jpx forged and didn’t get along well with the turf interaction with them. 

FWIW, I'm at a handicap where it feels like the T200/ZX5 would be appropriate. However, I hit the Z7 line better and loved the T150's when I demo'ed them. I'd say if you're high-speed, I'd make sure your launch numbers look like what you like. My launch was way too high with the ZX5's when I played them briefly.

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5*

Callaway Paradym TD 15*

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Srixon ZX 4H

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-A

Callaway JAWS 52, 58

Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

Ok, I played 3-5 rounds with my brand new 2023 T200 and I just noticed some clubs are already looking bad on the backplate.... really concerned about that! How will they look in 1 year ?!!! 😐What do you guys think ??!! I've played years and never saw clubs wearing out so fast!! Should I contact Titleist ?! I've never ever complained about that sort of issue to any manufacturer so far, what are their usual behavior in such cases, especially Titleist ???!

Were 2021 T200 so fragile too ??

I hope I am not supposed to wear iron covers to play golf after 10 years, right ?!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by CoolSpy
Changing pictures for better quality
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CoolSpy said:

Ok, I played 3-5 rounds with my brand new 2023 T200 and I just noticed some clubs are already looking bad on the backplate.... really concerned about that! How will they look in 1 year ?!!! 😐What do you guys think ??!! I've played years and never saw clubs wearing out so fast!! Should I contact Titleist ?! I've never ever complained about that sort of issue to any manufacturer so far, what are their usual behavior in such cases, especially Titleist ???!

I hope I am not supposed to wear iron covers to play golf after 10 years, right ?!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks like bag chatter?   Reaching out to customer service can’t hurt.  My ping blueprint did something similar.  Seems to pickup more beauty marks from loading/unloading into my car and laying on their side when driving to the course or range.

i think the 2023 t200 backplate is some sort of thin metal?  I know previous generations were plastic and I don’t think they showed that much wear after a few rounds.

Hmm ... I think it's plastic, it's like the thin protective coat on top is peeling like crazy. Really I did nothing unusual... my Titleist AP2 714 look mint after years.... I am really concerned

Edit: on second thought, I am not sure, it might be metal since a magnet stick to it (but it might be attracted by the metal behind it)

Edited by CoolSpy

On 10/26/2023 at 12:20 PM, zap311 said:

For anyone who did a T-series fitting directly with Titleist, can you comment on whether you did the fitting just to get your specs and ordered elsewhere or at a later date? If so, was the fitter understanding of this?

I did a fitting at a Titleist fitting day at my club.  I ordered that day, so I can't speak to how the fitter might have reacted; there was no charge to members who made an appointment.  Also, our Head Pro takes our used clubs and gets bids from 5 different online club buyers, takes the highest bid and doesn't charge us for the clubs we bought until he has the check in hand for the used clubs.  He got me a significantly higher price for my used set that I would have gotten at a big box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 5:20 PM, zap311 said:

I'm in the UK so thigs may be different here.

I went for a fitting at the Titliest national fitting center. The dont sell clubs, so you do the fitting, they give you uour specs and you are free to buy (or not) the clubs from anywhere. 

The Titliest national fitting center for England is actually at my clyb. So I just wondered over to the pro shop and ordered the T150s after my fitting. 

• Like 2

Well I finally bit the bullet last week and will be retiring my 714 ap2's lol. Tested both the 100's and 150's and ended up going with 150's 4-gap with px lz 6.5. The little bit of extra size in the 150's didn't bother me, launch numbers were slightly better and ball speed was a little more consistent (and faster), was able to get my spin numbers a little more manageable and got rid of the up and out ballooning, while still managing descent angle, feel was good, really liked the LZ shafts and they were something I never tried before. Now I just gotta hope they show up in time for Bandon in 3 weeks, fingers crossed.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

On 10/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, CoolSpy said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think that when they get all banged up, and you show up on the first tee, people will know that you are a player.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Well went to my whole bag fitting today got through everything but FWY and HYB. I was only able to 6i, but really like both T200 and T150. Stats are very similar, fitter suggests combo the two. So probably will order 4,5 T200, 6-AW with MMT. After reading this thread forever now the irons did not disappoint, T150 was so easy to hit even in the 6. Always played 50,54,58 wedges so getting used to 52,56,60 is going to be tough. I guess that’s what winter is for to get yardage down.

Driver shaft is Diamana that Titleist doesn’t offer so I’m not what I will do about that. 

1 hour ago, Pens #1 fan said:

Well went to my whole bag fitting today got through everything but FWY and HYB. I was only able to 6i, but really like both T200 and T150. Stats are very similar, fitter suggests combo the two. So probably will order 4,5 T200, 6-AW with MMT. After reading this thread forever now the irons did not disappoint, T150 was so easy to hit even in the 6. Always played 50,54,58 wedges so getting used to 52,56,60 is going to be tough. I guess that’s what winter is for to get yardage down.

Driver shaft is Diamana that Titleist doesn’t offer so I’m not what I will do about that. 

Glad you liked the irons.  Both those are great options.

So where was the fitting. Sound like Club Champion fitting into a shaft Titleist doesn’t offer so they can charge an upcharge?   There are plenty of Titleist offerings that work for most everyone. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

5 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Glad you liked the irons.  Both those are great options.

So where was the fitting. Sound like Club Champion fitting into a shaft Titleist doesn’t offer so they can charge an upcharge?   There are plenty of Titleist offerings that work for most everyone. 

Yes it was at CC, I will say that my fitter was really good though. The TB and another were really close to each I’ll have to check if that is offered. Going back Friday to hit FWY and HYB then make decisions. 

On 10/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, TonyJames212 said:

Hi--I was hoping I could get some advice on building out the rest of my first real bag. I'm looking at figuring out what should go in my bag between 4i and Driver. I (generally) know the differences between Hybrid vs Fairway Wood, but I'm more or less trying to figure out what will blend best with the T350 4i and Driver. The 4i is 20* and my driver is 10.5*. So that means I have two clubs to go 9.5* in terms of covering the gap. What are the rest of the T350 players going with? Maybe only go with one hybrid/fairway wood and add a 60* wedge? Any thoughts?

============

Scotty Cameron Newport+

Vokey 56*

Vokey 52*

Titleist 2023 T200 GW-6i Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist 2023 T350 5i & 4i Project X LZ 6.0

Fairway Wood? Hybrid? What Degrees?

Driver Pring G430 10.5* Proj X Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 60

============

Thanks for any help and if this isn't the right place to ask, please point me in the right direction.

I have a similar set up as you and game a TSR2 3 wood (16deg) and TSR2 7 wood (21 deg), which I find gaps well. The 7wood is automatic, and lofts can be adujusted on both woods to dial in your gaps

Just placed the order for a new set.

T150 - 5 iron.

T-100 - 6 thru GW.

And in true WRX fashion, gonna swap out the Modus 120S' with......black Modus 120S'.

May eventually get the T150 4 iron but I like the ZX utility I have and will to see how it gaps with the new weapons.

• Like 2
  • TSI 3 - 9* - RDX Smoke Blue - 6.0
  • TS3 - 16.5* - GD DI Black - 8S
  • TSI 2 Hybrid - 19* - Ventus Blue - 9X
  • TSR 2 Hybrid - 23* - Ventus Blue - 10X
  • ZX 4 Iron - 23* - GD Utility Black - 95S
  • T150 - 5 Iron - Modus 120S Black
  • T100 - 6 thru GW - Modus 120S Black
  • SM9 - 55* D - ACCRA i Wedge - 130g
  • WW - LB 60* ACCRA i Wedge - 130g
  • SC - Squareback - Long Plumbers Neck (Embrace)

On 11/7/2023 at 11:23 AM, Pens #1 fan said:

I just realized that the shaft was MMT 90 which is parallel tip. How does that work if Titleist is Taper. 

My first guess is that they sand down the tips of the MMT 90's to fit.

My second guess is that they bore out the iron heads to accept the MMt shaft.  I would bet on #1.  You could ask when you go back.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

2 hours ago, gvogel said:

My first guess is that they sand down the tips of the MMT 90's to fit.

My second guess is that they bore out the iron heads to accept the MMt shaft.  I would bet on #1.  You could ask when you go back.

That’s what I was worried about. That’s the one thing about CC, they just seem to be 💯 upfront 

On 10/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, CoolSpy said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you are going to contact them and complain, I hope you have some better pics because I'm not seeing anything unusually bad in those. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aquapig said:

If you are going to contact them and complain, I hope you have some better pics because I'm not seeing anything unusually bad in those. 

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 11/4/2023 at 4:46 PM, Pens #1 fan said:

I'm bending my AW to 49 and sticking with 54 and 58.

Blue Velocore+ 6S, TSR4 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper Lite S T150 4-Gap
S200 Shaft SM10 54S and 58M
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

9 minutes ago, Pens #1 fan said:

Went back and finished my fitting, confirmed T150 5-AW Taper Tip MMT 95s 52.08S, 56.08M, 60.08M SM9 raw MMT scoring wedge 105s. 

Nice!

Blue Velocore+ 6S, TSR4 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper Lite S T150 4-Gap
S200 Shaft SM10 54S and 58M
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

For those who decided to pull the trigger on a T100 gap wedge instead of a vokey wedge...what has your experience been? I usually am a full or 3/4 swing gap wedge player and all I've read says I should get the set gap wedge but I was wondering how others have felt about their switch to a set wedge over a vokey. 

6 hours ago, wayward_points said:

For those who decided to pull the trigger on a T100 gap wedge instead of a vokey wedge...what has your experience been? I usually am a full or 3/4 swing gap wedge player and all I've read says I should get the set gap wedge but I was wondering how others have felt about their switch to a set wedge over a vokey. 

I use T200s, but went the other way; I ditched my T200 gap wedge for a 50* Vokey.  My gaps were better between the PW and my 54*, and I just feel like a 50* Vokey is a lot more versatile that the set GW.  The set wedge was fine for full shots, but I never did well with anything else.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, aquapig said:

Well, I am not really a "Karen" usually.... I never cared much with my past irons series getting some scuffs... but seriously, starting to see this in every iron after just a few rounds.... never seen that... it looks like the back plate has some kind of cheap coating which will wear off in a record time 😞 I thought iron covers were made for idiots and weirdos... but the problem is I might start using them with this series for the first time ever 🤣

PXL-20231030-181337179.jpg

Edited by CoolSpy
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 8:48 AM, wayward_points said:

+1

The T150 irons are amazing for sure, but still figuring out my wedge setup as well.  Definitely going to use 54S, 58M.  (used to play classic 52,56, 60 but not possible with new lofts).  Considering the T100 GW at 50 instead of the T150 GW at 48.  Any thoughts?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+ Putter

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

40 minutes ago, odshot68 said:

+1

The T150 irons are amazing for sure, but still figuring out my wedge setup as well.  Definitely going to use 54S, 58M.  (used to play classic 52,56, 60 but not possible with new lofts).  Considering the T100 GW at 50 instead of the T150 GW at 48.  Any thoughts?

I have the 2023 T-150 4-PW with SM9 wedges in 48.10F (Bent to 49°), 54.10S, and 60.10V (Bent to 59°). Before that, I had 2019 T-100 4-PW with SM8 wedges in 50.12F, 54.10S, and 58.08M. Hope that helps!

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X

Fairway Wood: Titleist TSi3 15° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.2X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 20° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X

Irons: Titleist T150 4-PW | KBS Tour V 110s 

Wedge: Vokey SM9 Raw Finish 48.10F, 54.10S, & 60.10V | Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

On 11/4/2023 at 4:46 PM, Pens #1 fan said:

I just had my 54 bent to 53 so I went 48-53-58... that I way I didn't have to change my trusty 58 and didn't really notice any difference with the 54 to 53 - about 5 yeard on a full swing.

• Like 1