2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Paradym Triple Diamond.......Whoa momma

phizzy30

16 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

45 inches playing length.  1K Tensei Pro Blue. 

Thanks, have played the tensei pro orange and white, great shafts, 

What did you like about the blue for this driver ? Thanks again 

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

Just now, puttingmatt said:

Thanks, have played the tensei pro orange and white, great shafts, 

What did you like about the blue for this driver ? Thanks again 

I had the 1K White and Orange and moved onto the blue because I wanted a shaft where even if I didn't have my best stuff, I could still manage to get around the course, lol.  It's still stable enough to hold up to my fastest swings as well.  The Paradym TD seems to be on the lower spin side as well so the extra spin from the 1K Blue seems to help offset that. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

5 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I had the 1K White and Orange and moved onto the blue because I wanted a shaft where even if I didn't have my best stuff, I could still manage to get around the course, lol.  It's still stable enough to hold up to my fastest swings as well.  The Paradym TD seems to be on the lower spin side as well so the extra spin from the 1K Blue seems to help offset that. 

I currently have the Kai'li white that came with the PTD, and although I have a positive AOA, I have considered trying either the Tensei blue or Kai'li blue for a touch more ball height and spin. I do enjoy this driver, it is a blast to play.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with this topic.

• Like 2

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

16 hours ago, puttingmatt said:

Anyone changing the weights or  weight set up after  shaft  length adjustment set to 45 inches ?

I found I liked the stock weight once I trimmed down to 45".

I'm also using a lighter shaft vs my previous setup, so might explain it.

Haven't measured swing weight, and don't plan to as it might get in my head if it's as low as I think.

I've also tried heavy weight forward, but didn't see enough bs/launch difference to justify it.  Had some really low spinners this way if strike got high toe.

We will see how my TD head #3 performs today after finding my second one had a nice dented face. Was lucky enough to walk into my local shop yesterday where they swapped it for me on the spot. Was hitting yesterday on my quad and realized if I hit it slightly heal the numbers were all over the place. After further look, the face had a nice dent just above the center line. Likely would have had it crack had I played another round or so with it. The first 8° head I had sat perfectly until the face cracked. My 2nd head looked to have more loft on it than the first and didn’t seem to sit as nicely. This head looks very much like #1 to my eye, which I’m thrilled to see. First round with it this afternoon, so let’s see how it performs. 

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

29 minutes ago, chigolfer said:

Just picked up a 9* head to try out.  Trying to figure out what shaft to pair it with.  Thinking a Ventus TR Blue 6s or a Tour AD UB 6s.  Currently gaming a TSi3 9* with Tour AD DI 6s.  Any thoughts?

I think the TR Blue will work good. I'm curious to see what you see with this combo. 

Edited by PT1911

Ai Smoke TD Max 10.5* Ventus TR Blue
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

3 hours ago, KingTitus said:

We will see how my TD head #3 performs today after finding my second one had a nice dented face. Was lucky enough to walk into my local shop yesterday where they swapped it for me on the spot. Was hitting yesterday on my quad and realized if I hit it slightly heal the numbers were all over the place. After further look, the face had a nice dent just above the center line. Likely would have had it crack had I played another round or so with it. The first 8° head I had sat perfectly until the face cracked. My 2nd head looked to have more loft on it than the first and didn’t seem to sit as nicely. This head looks very much like #1 to my eye, which I’m thrilled to see. First round with it this afternoon, so let’s see how it performs. 

I'm on head 5 in 2 months fwiw.

Same issue, seems to be a weld line

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bdck said:

I'm on head 5 in 2 months fwiw.

Same issue, seems to be a weld line

As long as they keep replacing without asking questions, I'm good. Blew up a TSR3 and now 2 TD's this year. Haven't had an issue like this in the past. I am playing more golf than ever but I think faces keep getting thinner and thinner in order to create the highest ball speeds possible.

1 hour ago, KingTitus said:

As long as they keep replacing without asking questions, I'm good. Blew up a TSR3 and now 2 TD's this year. Haven't had an issue like this in the past. I am playing more golf than ever but I think faces keep getting thinner and thinner in order to create the highest ball speeds possible.

Do you hit full speed with range balls?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

15 minutes ago, Rosco1216 said:

Do you hit full speed with range balls?

Usually don’t hit range balls unless it’s 70 or warmer. My club uses tp5’s and rolled out a new batch of them like 5 months ago so they’re in great shape. I hit balls 6 days a week tho so the swings add up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

Usually don’t hit range balls unless it’s 70 or warmer. My club uses tp5’s and rolled out a new batch of them like 5 months ago so they’re in great shape. I hit balls 6 days a week tho so the swings add up

I do the same thing and don’t hit range balls if it’s below 65-70. I also rarely hit driver on the range, only 5-10 at most. I haven’t had problems since the taylormade m-series and then sim head. Cracked probably 12-15 of them over the span of 4 years or so. 

Now I usually don’t keep a head long enough for it to fail but hoping the 💎💎💎 won’t give me problems.

• Sad 1

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

1 hour ago, chigolfer said:

Just picked up a 9* head to try out.  Trying to figure out what shaft to pair it with.  Thinking a Ventus TR Blue 6s or a Tour AD UB 6s.  Currently gaming a TSi3 9* with Tour AD DI 6s.  Any thoughts?

Depends.  Launch and spin are similar for both shafts.  Where they differ is feel.  UB felt more linear to me whereas the TR blue had a bit of kick to it. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

6 hours ago, Rosco1216 said:

I do the same thing and don’t hit range balls if it’s below 65-70. I also rarely hit driver on the range, only 5-10 at most. I haven’t had problems since the taylormade m-series and then sim head. Cracked probably 12-15 of them over the span of 4 years or so. 

Now I usually don’t keep a head long enough for it to fail but hoping the 💎💎💎 won’t give me problems.

You should be fine....I usually don't keep drivers long enough to have issues either but really love the look of the TD so as long as Callaway continues to replace them, I'll keep playing it. 

On 6/20/2023 at 6:50 PM, KingTitus said:

You should be fine....I usually don't keep drivers long enough to have issues either but really love the look of the TD so as long as Callaway continues to replace them, I'll keep playing it. 

Spoke too soon. Practice round/opening scramble yesterday before our member/guest starting today, driver was all over the place. Look down and see this.. 8BA083E7-91F4-450B-8B96-6512B1C366F2.jpeg.75b469a9fdc0d3dabc42a5432fddd014.jpeg

Piretti Savona 

Knock on wood, I've had my TD for a very long while (since launch) and had no issues, at least Callaway is continuing to replace them, hopefully the next one will be the one, I have a friend that is on his fourth Stealth 2+, continuously upset that he got rid of his original Stealth+, the face keeps popping out after either (too much) range time along with a lot of play, again, I hope the next on eis the one, I have enjoyed my TD immensely, take care.

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway AI Smole TD 15*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway AI Smoke TD 20*, Denali white 70g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago and White Hot Pro V-Line as back ups)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

17 minutes ago, Rosco1216 said:

Spoke too soon. Practice round/opening scramble yesterday before our member/guest starting today, driver was all over the place. Look down and see this.. 8BA083E7-91F4-450B-8B96-6512B1C366F2.jpeg.75b469a9fdc0d3dabc42a5432fddd014.jpeg

Man that sucks! Especially right before your member/guest!

Ai Smoke TD Max 10.5* Ventus TR Blue
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

26 minutes ago, Rosco1216 said:

Yep, that’s a familiar look. Us WRX members need those tour heads with the thicker faces. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, PT1911 said:

Man that sucks! Especially right before your member/guest!

Yep! Fortunately the assistant pro at my club is letting me use his head for the weekend 

Piretti Savona 

Hey @phizzy30 how do you think the Diamana TB might pair with a 💎💎💎 10.5? 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Just now, dmeeksDC said:

Hey @phizzy30 how do you think the Diamana TB might pair with a 💎💎💎 10.5? 

It would launch pretty high IMO but since it's such a low spin head, the TB would compliment it.  Are you a low ball hitter?  If so, it would be a killer combo. 

8 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

It would launch pretty high IMO but since it's such a low spin head, the TB would compliment it.  Are you a low ball hitter?  If so, it would be a killer combo. 

I don’t think I’m low or high. I’ve been checking in at about 101 mph head speed but I am going up a little each week (high ankle sprain in April). The 10.5 loft is because my angle of attack is usually level to 1 degree up, so the loft is a little insurance on less than stellar hits. I can always loft it down. 

And for whatever reason, I seem to be able to somewhat flight the TB, at least with the standard Paradym, which is also a super driver. I mean, if the TD is too much I would immediately put the standard Paradym back in the bag. I hit it very well but I am spinning it more, not on all swings, but sometimes at 3000. I really like the feel of the Paradyms and I’ve always gone for a slightly smaller head. The reviews on here and local guys I trust are telling me I’m going to like it and it is not the usual low-spin, unforgiving driver. I can put another shaft in it, just want to see how the TB does. I feel like that shaft suits me. My buddy wants me to hit the AD XC or UB in it. He plays the UB in an 8 degree head. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Just now, dmeeksDC said:

I don’t think I’m low or high. I’ve been checking in at about 101 mph head speed but I am going up a little each week (high ankle sprain in April). The 10.5 loft is because my angle of attack is usually level to 1 degree up, so the loft is a little insurance on less than stellar hits. I can always loft it down. 

And for whatever reason, I seem to be able to somewhat flight the TB, at least with the standard Paradym, which is also a super driver. I mean, if the TD is too much I would immediately put the standard Paradym back in the bag. I hit it very well but I am spinning it more, not on all swings, but sometimes at 3000. I really like the feel of the Paradyms and I’ve always gone for a slightly smaller head. The reviews on here and local guys I trust are telling me I’m going to like it and it is not the usual low-spin, unforgiving driver. I can put another shaft in it, just want to see how the TB does. I feel like that shaft suits me. My buddy wants me to hit the AD XC or UB in it. He plays the UB in an 8 degree head. 

Yeah, the Paradym TD isn't super unforgiving like the past Cally TD models IMO.  I hope the combo works out for you. 

On 6/22/2023 at 8:27 AM, KingTitus said:

Yep, that’s a familiar look. Us WRX members need those tour heads with the thicker faces. 

Now I’m debating going on a different direction. Got a new head coming but if it’s going to be a recurring issue I need to move into something more durable. 

Piretti Savona 

8 minutes ago, Rosco1216 said:

Now I’m debating going on a different direction. Got a new head coming but if it’s going to be a recurring issue I need to move into something more durable. 

Don't blame you at all for thinking along these lines, but understand you're going to run into the same issue with other OEMs short of going to more of a Long Drive specific club head. In younger days when I was faster and playing more golf I would get structural failures like this every 6 months or so. Didn't matter what brand (and I tried ALL of them, tour issue and otherwise), just comes with the territory of having that kind of speed.

• Like 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

2 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Don't blame you at all for thinking along these lines, but understand you're going to run into the same issue with other OEMs short of going to more of a Long Drive specific club head. In younger days when I was faster and playing more golf I would get structural failures like this every 6 months or so. Didn't matter what brand (and I tried ALL of them, tour issue and otherwise), just comes with the territory of having that kind of speed.

Oh it’s why I moved away from TM. Probably cracked a dozen or so heads during the m series through sim years. Some the first day trying it. Have had a couple pings fail, this is my first time trying a callaway and only had it a couple weeks. Probably only hit 80-100 balls total with it. I’ve had the tsi3, tsr3 and tsr 2 each for about a month each in the last 2 years and didn’t have any issues. But didn’t have them in the bag long either. 

• Like 1

Piretti Savona 

Just now, Rosco1216 said:

Oh it’s why I moved away from TM. Probably cracked a dozen or so heads during the m series through sim years. Some the first day trying it. Have had a couple pings fail, this is my first time trying a callaway and only had it a couple weeks. Probably only hit 80-100 balls total with it. I’ve had the tsi3, tsr3 and tsr 2 each for about a month each in the last 2 years and didn’t have any issues. But didn’t have them in the bag long either. 

Since you're 125+ ss, you obviously have to expect heads to fail.  Have you considered going to an LD brand head?  Krank makes some really good ones. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, bought an aerojet ls back in April, for some reason I've never gotten along with it. For me the ltx ls was better. Same shaft in both. That being said I just ordered a gently used PTD off the Bay and after reading this thread and some others I'm excited. My trusty ventus black 6x will go in the TD. Been using that shaft since OG SIM. Hopefully this PTD is the one 🙏  

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 8:12 AM, KingTitus said:

Not TD, but I’m on my third Paradym head. First two were great and this third one is like a completely different driver for me. Really frustrating.