Taylormade tp reserve

neath2nd

also curious on this

Cobra King F9 White 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5

Cobra LTDx LS 3 wood 14.5* Tensei White 70X

Cobra SpeedZone Tour 5 wood 19* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70g 6.5

Mizuno MP18 FliHi 3 Iron Tour AD Black 95X

Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Black Satin 50/10, 54/10 @54.5, 60/10 @59 TT Tour Issue Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird 380

I've got the B11 and it's solid. I would keep it but I just haven't been consistent with a blade in recent times. I'd say it's just as soft feeling as any milled putter out there but won't get attention because it is made by Taylormade.

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Irons TBD

Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 - S200

Putter TBD

Titleist Pro V1

I just don’t like the branding. It’s a huge swing and miss for me. Doesn’t pull me in at all. 

Feels like most other milled putters and the magnetic headcover is nice from the ones I rolled in store. But I just couldn’t buy it over a £99 Cleveland for such a bland looking creation that’ll lose all its value as per all Taylormade putters. 

If a friend was looking at milled putters I’d be advising them to look at Cleveland putters or spending more for a Scotty, Betty or ping for something nice that has some value if you decide to get rid.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

41 minutes ago, philly2kuk said:

I just don’t like the branding. It’s a huge swing and miss for me. Doesn’t pull me in at all. 

Feels like most other milled putters and the magnetic headcover is nice from the ones I rolled in store. But I just couldn’t buy it over a £99 Cleveland for such a bland looking creation that’ll lose all its value as per all Taylormade putters. 

If a friend was looking at milled putters I’d be advising them to look at Cleveland putters or spending more for a Scotty, Betty or ping for something nice that has some value if you decide to get rid.

They look a little better in person, but overall agreed. The model naming is horrible as well. Also hate the fact that the teaser photos had totally different alignment aids vs the production models. Not hard to find any number of Anser inspired putters with a back flange line. As someone who uses either naked or top line/dot only putters, I will be passing on these as they blend right in with every other "blade". 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Putter Addict said:

They look a little better in person, but overall agreed. The model naming is horrible as well. Also hate the fact that the teaser photos had totally different alignment aids vs the production models. Not hard to find any number of Anser inspired putters with a back flange line. As someone who uses either naked or top line/dot only putters, I will be passing on these as they blend right in with every other "blade". 

For the price I’d be telling someone to look at something like Sink golf and getting a personal putter. It’s all just a bit meh.

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

Just now, philly2kuk said:

For the price I’d be telling someone to look at something like Sink golf and getting a personal putter. It’s all just a bit meh.

I find it odd the amount of customization that they offer on the TP stuff including alignment aids, but basically zero options on this new high end lineup. 

The worst part about a lineup like this is that if/when it fails they will blame all the wrong things and not offer a high end milled lineup again for a while. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MerryTex said:

I've got the B11 and it's solid. I would keep it but I just haven't been consistent with a blade in recent times. I'd say it's just as soft feeling as any milled putter out there but won't get attention because it is made by Taylormade.

Not sure I understand the logic here. Do you mean it won't get attention because it is a high end milled TM? Because it seems everywhere I look I see TM putters now. Basically a sea of spider series putters out there at the moment.

I just don't think this lineup matches up with their target demographic. They are going after a space they just won't be able to compete in, especially given the designs they rolled out. 

If they offer a custom option I’ll definitely order a b11 with dot and long neck. Otherwise it’s no different than putters I already own. If I were in the market though, I’d give one a chance.

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

1 hour ago, Putter Addict said:

Not sure I understand the logic here. Do you mean it won't get attention because it is a high end milled TM? Because it seems everywhere I look I see TM putters now. Basically a sea of spider series putters out there at the moment.

I just don't think this lineup matches up with their target demographic. They are going after a space they just won't be able to compete in, especially given the designs they rolled out. 

Exactly my point. Milled putters are usually Scotty, Betti, Ping, or high end. The milled market guys usually go those routes instead. People who do purchase Taylormade putters usually bag Spiders. 

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Irons TBD

Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 - S200

Putter TBD

Titleist Pro V1

The premium milled putter space didn’t really need another contender. They were better off making milled versions of their spiders or something similar to that. 

• Like 1

Driver:           45" Titleist TSR3 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X 
Fairway:        Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Mitsubishi 1K Black 75g X
Hybrid:          Titleist TSR2 4 Hybrid Mitsubishi 1k Black 85g X

Irons:             Mizuno Pro 243 Modus 105x
Wedges:       Blue Mizuno T24 50/56/60 
Putter:           LAB Golf Blue 37" CB DF3 w/ White Accra Shaft

Ball:               Pro V1/MaxFli Tour
Bag:               VESSEL Grey Player III Stand   

2 hours ago, snowmangolf said:

The premium milled putter space didn’t really need another contender. They were better off making milled versions of their spiders or something similar to that. 

The only way this release would’ve been successful is if TM found a way to differentiate themselves (which I think they possibly could’ve, but they didn’t).

The blades just don’t stand out in any aspect. They aren’t bad, and I wouldn’t fault anyone for buying one if they happened to enjoy the feel; considering feel is personal preference. But the weights, and sole plate (on the models that have one), look cheap, and there are simply too many other premium options that don’t look cheap. Besides the design downfalls, the overall marketing for this lineup was also odd

• Like 1

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

New B11 owner here……had the length and lie adjusted by Taylormade themselves.

really,really happy with sound/feel.  Prefer it over the SC Superduper select because the finish is less bright.  I personally like the understated appearance so this looks way better in the flesh than I was expecting. For a milled ANSER2 copy this one suits me the best.(so far).

the shape and proportions are perfect, especially the neck. I really appreciate the lack of shouty branding it really is reserve(d) 😀

jury is still out on the grip but I’m going to stick with it for now, also the top line could have been a tad slimmer and yes custom sight lines would’ve made this perfect, but who knows, maybe down the road?

the headcover is fantastic, not sure if it’s real leather but feels close, it too being understated means the magpies might not notice it. Bonus points for being magnetic.

it’s the first ™ product I’ve bought for years and am hoping it performs as well as it looks, signs are great though.

• Like 2

I took a b13 out this weekend, continue to like it. The thin top line and milled bumpers are great in my opinion; feel is obviously very subjective but to me it is as good as any milled offering out there right now, just depends on your preferences. But I wouldn't say that it is better, and the naming conventions are silly. If they offer MyTP customization and better names to market with, I think it could still become a huge winner over time. If not, I don't see how they stand out. My guess is they didn't put all this money into the product lines to not move forward with customization options, so I'm betting they still become a hit.

• Like 1

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

1 hour ago, 3eagles18 said:

I was ready to buy the B31 direct from TM. When I asked for 10 grams weight instead of stock 5 gram weights, I was told I had to buy a weight kit from Golfworks or retail. TM will not customize the weights. For $399 I want it the way I want it. Plenty of other options.

Taylormade has always been like that, many OEMs have been too. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I was ready to buy the B31 direct from TM. When I asked for 10 grams weight instead of stock 5 gram weights, I was told I had to buy a weight kit from Golfworks or retail. TM will not customize the weights. For $399 I want it the way I want it. Plenty of other options.

Like @MattM97 says, it is usual for OEM to not give a free weight kit.

look at Scotty Cameron, Odyssey, Toulon, even Kirkland…you have to buy all your own.

only Mizuno is the only OEM that comes to mind that does come with a weight kit  with purchase

Edited by Eeecc
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eeecc said:

look at Scotty Cameron, Odyssey, Toulon, even Kirkland…you have to buy all your own.

only Mizuno is the only OEM that comes to mind that does come with a weight kit  with purchase

Does anyone know if the weight kits for the TP Reserve line is actually available for purchase anywhere as yet? I would like to purchase, but won't until I can customize...

Thanks, but I've asked this everywhere so expecting crickets LOL.

Cheers,

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

5 hours ago, tarrantian said:

Does anyone know if the weight kits for the TP Reserve line is actually available for purchase anywhere as yet? I would like to purchase, but won't until I can customize...

Thanks, but I've asked this everywhere so expecting crickets LOL.

Cheers,

- Ian

hopefully if @knudson81 doesn't know either ... then he might be able to help connect you with a contact at TM?

8 hours ago, Eeecc said:

Smaller player, but Sub 70 also includes a weight kit.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

7 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

hopefully if @knudson81 doesn't know either ... then he might be able to help connect you with a contact at TM?

Thank you - There are after market options now as I found...

But haven't seen Taylormade branded versions as yet. 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

17 hours ago, Eeecc said:

Not asking for a free weight kit. Wanted to order with 10 grams instead of stock 5 grams.

Not asking for a free weight kit. Wanted to order with 10 grams instead of stock 5 grams.

I think some companies still make it very difficult to adjust weighs unless you send it back (Custom Shop), buy weight kits, buy online. Even the TM My programs is largely just for color, grip changes and weight is still based on prescribed company amount 

3 hours ago, Eeecc said:

I think some companies still make it very difficult to adjust weighs unless you send it back (Custom Shop), buy weight kits, buy online. Even the TM My programs is largely just for color, grip changes and weight is still based on prescribed company amount 

When I was at Bandon last week they had all the TM Reserve Models on display with various weights.

2 rounds in with my B11, sad to report the Headcover is already showing signs of wear, 2 places where the black facing has worn off leaving white material underneath, so clearly not real leather……. Pretty disappointing, file under cheap Chinese junk……

on a more positive note, am still enjoying the putter itself.

11 minutes ago, corky said:

2 rounds in with my B11, sad to report the Headcover is already showing signs of wear, 2 places where the black facing has worn off leaving white material underneath, so clearly not real leather……. Pretty disappointing, file under cheap Chinese junk……

on a more positive note, am still enjoying the putter itself.

photos of head cover wear ...please? 

A little late to the topic, but I am new enough to the game that I don't have any brand loyalty or a need to buy a Scotty just because it's a Scotty. 

I went into my local shop and blindly started putting with whatever I could grab until I found one I liked. The TP Reserve is what l landed on. However, I don't remember which one because the branding is quite poor and not memorable. I think it was the B11... Anyhow, I went back to buy it and disliked the feel of all of them, so either I am now figuring out why folks have multiple putters, or either day was a fluke. That first day, though, it felt amazing. There is certainly loads of hate on these online.. I don't really get it. 

Putter - Stix
60, 56, 52 - Stix
PW-5 Stix w/Fujikura Axiom 105
4H  Paradym w/Fujikura Ventus HB
3W Paradym w/Fujijura Ventus TR Red
Driver Paradym w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue