2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist warranty vs other brands?

balladm

I thought I would throw this thought out there. I have played TM woods for years now and had to replace several woods due to the face cracking (2 SIM Max, 1 SIM2 Max, and 1 SIM 3wd). So this past Feb I decided to get away from TM and get a TSR2 3 wood to start. It surprised me that they only honor a 12 month warranty from time of purchase. This will not affect my current claim but most manufacturers are 2 year warranties to my knowledge. As much as the clubs crack, I don't think I am comfortable purchasing a 12 month warranty club. 

I am sure many of you will claim things like, don't swing so hard or whatever but I'm not overly fast, just an avid golfer that practices and plays regularly. These things just crack. What are your thoughts on the Titleists warranty vs others?

They should at least have a 2 year warranty since they have a 2 year release cycle. I never had to deal with their warranty buy I had good results from TaylorMade, Cobra and PING but it all was within a year. 

Edited by Tiptx1122

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

1 minute ago, Tiptx1122 said:

They should at least have a 2 year warranty since they have a 2 year release cycle. I never had to deal with their warranty buy I had good results from TaylorMade, Cobra and PING but it all was within a year. 

I’m wondering why there would be a relationship between warranty-period and product reiease-cycle ?

11 minutes ago, Pastit said:

I’m wondering why there would be a relationship between warranty-period and product reiease-cycle ?

2 year from the time of purchase not release time

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

17 hours ago, balladm said:

I thought I would throw this thought out there. I have played TM woods for years now and had to replace several woods due to the face cracking (2 SIM Max, 1 SIM2 Max, and 1 SIM 3wd). So this past Feb I decided to get away from TM and get a TSR2 3 wood to start. It surprised me that they only honor a 12 month warranty from time of purchase. This will not affect my current claim but most manufacturers are 2 year warranties to my knowledge. As much as the clubs crack, I don't think I am comfortable purchasing a 12 month warranty club. 

I am sure many of you will claim things like, don't swing so hard or whatever but I'm not overly fast, just an avid golfer that practices and plays regularly. These things just crack. What are your thoughts on the Titleists warranty vs others?

Did you contact Titleist or bring it into a shop? Ive had them cover cracks before after 3 years on my TS Driver.

• Like 1

My current wood is only 10 months old, so no issue. My problem lies in the language of the 1 year warranty and I did some searching and saw where Titleist did not warranty clubs over 1 year (for those that posted about it). I think my club will take care of most issues that arise but do to the number of warranties I have had and seen, I don't think I can continue business with Titleist for woods. 

I did not know Tour Edge has a lifetime warranty, that is amazing! I will definitely consider Ping , Callaway, and TM for a driver this year but I will confirm warranty period before buying. Maybe I am going overkill on this, these are just my thoughts and I think higher SS players should take it into consideration if cost is a thought.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, balladm said:

My current wood is only 10 months old, so no issue. My problem lies in the language of the 1 year warranty and I did some searching and saw where Titleist did not warranty clubs over 1 year (for those that posted about it). I think my club will take care of most issues that arise but do to the number of warranties I have had and seen, I don't think I can continue business with Titleist for woods. 

I did not know Tour Edge has a lifetime warranty, that is amazing! I will definitely consider Ping , Callaway, and TM for a driver this year but I will confirm warranty period before buying. Maybe I am going overkill on this, these are just my thoughts and I think higher SS players should take it into consideration if cost is a thought.

Ive never heard of them not covering a club within the current cycle, in my 2 experiences they have stood by their product after the 12 months. 

• Like 1

Some have no expressly written warranty.  As far as I know Ping doesn't have a warranty per se.  However, they look at each case individually and stand behind their stuff.  In 2011, they replaced a 2007 Ping Rapture driver I had that cracked in the crown.  The head had very little use, but it was still nearly 4 years old  (I bought it new in early 2008). Most companies wouldn't do that witha  club that was 4 years old, regardless of how much (or in this case little) use it had.

• Like 1

To be honest, I have never considered what the warranty is on any club I've purchased.  If it works and fits me, and the price is acceptable, I get it.  Now cars, appliances, etc I do look at the warranty as part of the purchase decision.  But if it's important to you, then by all means have it be a big part of your decision making process.    

• Like 1

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

Quick Google search 

Srixon- Cleveland - 1 Year

Mizuno- 1 Year

Cobra- 1 Year

Callaway- 2 Years

Ping- 2 Years

Wilson- 1 year

Titleist-1 Year

Taylor Made - 2 Years

Tour Edge - Lifetime 

Miura- 2 Years

PXG- 1 Year 

Edited by Tzoid
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

On 12/13/2023 at 6:02 PM, balladm said:

IOfMy current wood is only 10 months old, so no issue. My problem lies in the language of the 1 year warranty and I did some searching and saw where Titleist did not warranty clubs over 1 year (for those that posted about it). I think my club will take care of most issues that arise but do to the number of warranties I have had and seen, I don't think I can continue business with Titleist for woods. 

If you think Titleist customer service is going to be worse than Taylormade's you're mistaken. 

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

44 minutes ago, Tzoid said:

Quick Google search 

Srixon- Cleveland - 1 Year

Mizuno- 1 Year

Cobra- 1 Year

Callaway- 2 Years

Ping- 2 Years

Wilson- 1 year

Titleist-1 Year

Taylor Made - 2 Years

Tour Edge - Lifetime 

Miura- 2 Years

PXG- NO WARRANTY - NADA-NOTHING 😞 

Pxg most definitely has a warranty, has 1 year warranty on the build… from pxg site…

that such golf club will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during normal and customary use for one (1) year from the original date of purchase

and a lifetime warranty on the club head…from the pxg site…

that such golf club component will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during normal and customary use for the lifetime of the golf club component”

Fixed it....  I misread a search .  THX

Titleist Pro V1x

8 hours ago, swgolf12 said:

If you think Titleist customer service is going to be worse than Taylormade's you're mistaken. 

You may be right but I have gone through 5 TM driver heads. This is my 1st Titleist warranty and I am waiting for them to inspect the item sent in from my head pro before sending a replacement. I do believe all is well with Titleist, I was just surprised their warranty was 1 year. I always mentally had them as a top quality company. 

I thought Mizuno would be more than a year too..that also surprises me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Over my years of playing golf I have had a few issues with equipment. I have dealt with Cobra, Tour Edge, and Ping with issues and I have been taken care of outside their warranty periods. My friend had an issue with a Callaway driver that Callaway took care of for him outside the warranty period. OEMs may have tightened their belts in recent years I don't know. From my experiences they seem to work with you but that's depending on what the issue is.

• Like 1

I concur with Greenie. In most cases a manufacturer will do the right thing within reason. I personally had a bad experience with Taylor Made on a set of irons that were less than a year old and they didn't take care of me so I haven't bought a Taylor Made product in 20 years.   I have a few friends that are high swing speed players and they keep breaking the Stealth drivers and TM has replaced them each time.  

Titleist Pro V1x