2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade QI10 MAX

jibbs1082

Curious what all the differences between Qi10 Max, Qi10 and Qi10LS are other than the LS has the slidable fade/draw weight, similar to the Stealth 2 and Steath+.

Mainly interested in weighting placement in the driver head.

I have been using the M4 with a pretty tight fade, and sometimes small draw (I am a 7.5 index) and for the most part, consistent in play drives. Switched to the Stealth (original version) a year ago, and found it to be very very spinny and couldnt control cuts. My understanding was that the weighting in the M4 was lower and further back.

My question is - if I make the switch again, does the weight arrangement in the Qi10Max mimic that old M4... while the LS will mimic the Stealth drivers?

Anyone have real technical blueprint info on these driver heads yet?

TM Qi10LS 8*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series 70 Flex-X

PXG 0341 X Gen 2 3W 15*, Devotion 75 Flex 04 (S) 

Titleist T-100 (2019) 3-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 Flex S

Titleist Vokey SM9 50* 08F, 56* 14F, Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 125 Wedge Flex S

Titleist Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5

From what I have heard right now, the 10.000 MOI digit is only with the max driver but this head will spin a bit, especially when you hit it with higher speed. The other 2 heads are having a deeper MOI and a deeper spin number as well… 

it seems like PING did handle the Spin / MOI ratio a bit better with their G430 10k

btw PING have had a 10.000 MOI driver with the G400max in the past, it was a bit spinny but still a decent driver…

Edited by Streuner

21 minutes ago, Streuner said:

From what I have heard right now, the 10.000 MOI digit is only with the max driver but this head will spin a bit, especially when you hit it with higher speed. The other 2 heads are having a deeper MOI and a deeper spin number as well… 

it seems like PING did handle the Spin / MOI ratio a bit better with their G430 10k

btw PING have had a 10.000 MOI driver with the G400max in the past, it was a bit spinny but still a decent driver…

Good info, should mention my swing speed varies from 108-114ish...

Ended up going back to the M4 for the past 2 seasons with the same shaft that was in my M4 (Venuts) need to find specs and will post.

Just found that Stealth head to be almost uncontrollably spinney for some reason.

Titleist Vokey SM9 50* 08F, 56* 14F, Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 125 Wedge Flex S

Peter Finch at YT did test the TM QI10 Max at 115mph with a real Ventus X shaft and it spun over 3k average. He did try the same time the Ping 10k and this one spun 500rpm less. But everybody is different and the real question is: if the TM QI 10 max has a MOI of 10.000+ how much is the standard QI10 having… everybody has a tendency for misses. You need the driver that penalties less for exactly this type of error. 

6 hours ago, jibbs1082 said:

Curious what all the differences between Qi10 Max, Qi10 and Qi10LS are other than the LS has the slidable fade/draw weight, similar to the Stealth 2 and Steath+.

I have been using the M4 with a pretty tight fade, and sometimes small draw (I am a 7.5 index) and for the most part, consistent in play drives. Switched to the Stealth (original version) a year ago, and found it to be very very spinny and couldnt control cuts. My understanding was that the weighting in the M4 was lower and further back.

My question is - if I make the switch again, does the weight arrangement in the Qi10Max mimic that old M4... while the LS will mimic the Stealth drivers?

The weight in the M4 is higher and back.  It’s quite unique.  If you look google 2018 driver cog data you’ll find the m g s site.

So it’s spinnier than something with lower cog.  Which helps negate sidespin.  

• Like 1

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

16 hours ago, Streuner said:

Peter Finch at YT did test the TM QI10 Max at 115mph with a real Ventus X shaft and it spun over 3k average. He did try the same time the Ping 10k and this one spun 500rpm less. But everybody is different and the real question is: if the TM QI 10 max has a MOI of 10.000+ how much is the standard QI10 having… everybody has a tendency for misses. You need the driver that penalties less for exactly this type of error. 

I believe the standard Qi10 is 8500

21 hours ago, jibbs1082 said:

2024 TaylorMade Qi 10 drivers – GolfWRX Launch Report – GolfWRX

• Like 2

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Ventus Blue+ 5x / Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

• 3 weeks later...

Did a fitting today... The marketing hype really delivered. I picked up speed and my dispersion was tighter.

The Epic data listed below is from that fitting 4 years ago. I pulled up the old pic of the monitor I took at the time. Today's track man data was about the same.

image.png.922faddb1c7123ede07e55b1359214a1.png

Interestingly, the standard Qi10 was a tad longer, but I didn't feel as confident swinging it.

Edited by Walkerdb7

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

36 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Did a fitting today... The marketing hype really delivered. I picked up speed and my dispersion was tighter.

The Epic data listed below is from that fitting 4 years ago. I pulled up the old pic of the monitor I took at the time. Today's track man data was about the same.

Interestingly, the standard Qi10 was a tad longer, but I didn't feel as confident swinging it.

Four years apart?  Doesn't mean much unless you test heads back to back with the same shaft and on the same launch monitor.  

But hey, if it's improved your numbers it's all smiles 👍

The Qi10 MAX is very easy to hit. Spin is variable. Easy to move it up or down with loft adjustments. I don’t recall a recent TM driver this forgiving.

I did not notice it being more “stable” or resistant to twisting than other past drivers. I think the whole 10K MOI thing is a bit of diminishing returns as it seems the stability difference between an 8500 MOI driver vs a 10K driver might not be a big deal to a lot of golfers. It’s not auto-straight. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 1/26/2024 at 6:52 AM, dmeeksDC said:

I did not notice it being more “stable” or resistant to twisting than other past drivers. I think the whole 10K MOI thing is a bit of diminishing returns as it seems the stability difference between an 8500 MOI driver vs a 10K driver might not be a big deal to a lot of golfers. 

Maybe, but it’s 15% improvement? That’s something and there’s a segment of the popular that will benefit. I respect your point of diminishing returns, but want to respect an engineering improvement. 

Going into my fitting I was biased and expected to walk out with a Ping 10K. My hope was to maintain distance (or gain like +4), but get a fairway finder. Played a Ping before, was the 2nd gen SFT, 410 I think? 

Based on the reviews I watched ahead of time, seemed like the TM gave forgiveness and no distance. Ping was a nice balance. Also seemed like the standard Qi10 was a great option too. (Aligns with your thoughts above that the 8500 is good enough?)

Left my fitting and did what any gear would do, watched all the reviews again and tried to solve why Qi10 Max worked for me… as it seems like an odd duck?

For anyone else considering this driver, here’s what I came up with: 

1. This driver is spinny compared to the Ping. If you look at my TM Data, I’m naturally a lower spin player. I think most people looking for distance are looking to reduce spin, I need to add a bit 

2. qualitative for sure… but the look. This thing is huge and looks clean. Was beginning me to swing out of my shoes and I could with confidence. I’m coming from an Epic Max Ls and Ping 410

SFT and neither one of those is winning a beauty contest. I’m fine with ugly, but there’s so much going on with the turbulators, transition from Ti to Carbon, and the black front and grey back, I just never looked down at it with confidence. 

3. In Rick shields review, he referenced lining the driver up closer to the toe to insure center strikes. Interestingly enough, that is something I have organically done. Just empirically, I’ve always found better results hitting the toe center of the face as opposed to the heel center of the face. Call it dumb luck, but interesting that his review aligns with how I purposefully set up.

I hit the TM 3 different times and never seen a tighter dispersion in my life.

My index is a 12.7 right now. Lost balls off the tee is the number one issue I have contributing to lost strokes. 

IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5655.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

IMG_5653.jpeg

Edited by Walkerdb7

30 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Maybe, but it’s 15% improvement? That’s something and there’s a segment of the popular that will benefit. I respect your point of diminishing returns, but want to respect an engineering improvement. 

Going into my fitting I was biased and expected to walk out with a Ping 10K. My hope was to maintain distance (or gain like +4), but get a fairway finder. Played a Ping before, was the 2nd gen SFT, 410 I think? 

Based on the reviews I watched ahead of time, seemed like the TM gave forgiveness and no distance. Ping was a nice balance. Also seemed like the standard Qi10 was a great option too. (Aligns with your thoughts above that the 8500 is good enough?)

Left my fitting and did what any gear would do, watched all the reviews again and tried to solve why Qi10 Max worked for me… as it seems like an odd duck?

1. This driver is spinny compared to the Ping. If you look at my TM Data, I’m naturally a lower spin player. I think most people looking for distance are looking to reduce spin, I need to add a bit 

2. qualitative for sure… but the look. This thing is huge and looks clean. Was beginning me to swing out of my shoes and I could with confidence. I’m coming from an Epic Max Ls and Ping 410

SFT and neither one of those is winning a beauty contest. I’m fine with ugly, but there’s so much going on with the turbulators, transition from Ti to Carbon, and the black front and grey back, I just never looked down at it with confidence. 

3. In Rick shields review, he referenced lining the driver up closer to the toe to insure center strikes. Interestingly enough, that is something I have organically done. Just empirically, I’ve always found better results hitting the toe center of the face as opposed to the heel center of the face. Call it dumb luck, but interesting that his review aligns with how I purposefully set up.

My index is a 12.7 right now. Lost balls off the tee is the number one issue I have contributing to lost strokes. 

IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5655.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

IMG_5653.jpeg

I would take those results all day and twice

on on Sunday what a nice tight grouping you have there. This will drastically help that 12.7. Can’t wait to test the tm and ping 10 today and see the results. 

12 hours ago, Lumberjack627 said:

I would take those results all day and twice

on on Sunday what a nice tight grouping you have there. This will drastically help that 12.7. Can’t wait to test the tm and ping 10 today and see the results. 

Yeah, once I narrowed the Qi10 Max into the final group, I did that 4-5 swing test vs Callaway a couple times and it was that good every time…

most importantly, let’s hope it translates to the course. I’d love to demo it more time and validate the results 

Edited by Walkerdb7

15 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5655.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

IMG_5653.jpeg

Curious, what’s your AOA average out to and what was the driver loft during this test?

Edited by snowmangolf

Driver:           45" Titleist TSR3 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6X 
Fairway:        Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Mitsubishi 1K Black 75g X
Hybrid:          Titleist TSR2 4 Hybrid Mitsubishi 1k Black 85g X

Irons:             Mizuno Pro 243 Modus 105x
Wedges:       Blue Mizuno T24 50/56/60 
Putter:           LAB Golf Blue 37" CB DF3 w/ White Accra Shaft

Ball:               Pro V1/MaxFli Tour
Bag:               VESSEL Grey Player III Stand   

I don’t have the average, but here’s a pic I took. Looks like was 0? 

Ended up with a club loft of “10.5 +2 clicks additional loft” - I’m assuming that’s 11.5 deg or 12.5 deg? Not sure if each click is .5 or 1 deg

Callaway was an 11 deg (10 head +1)

Not all that versed in angle of attack in a fitting a context, what are you looking for with that question?

IMG_5691.jpeg

56 minutes ago, notsohard said:

An interesting thing about the Qi10Max..The engineer/designer of that club was at a fit-out for a English Youtuber girl. Mentioned that if you put a heavier weight than what is stock from factory in the back of the driver, it goes over the 10K and becomes illegal. Club golfers go for it 😀

I’m not personally ever doing it and not condoning it for anyone who plays in events…

but modifying clubs to exceed legal and then comparing them to legal clubs would be fascinating YouTube content. 

what sorta gains is the USGA holding back. 10 yards? 20% more fairways hit? 

• Like 1

Plan is to order a driver and 5W. Club Champion did not have the five wood to test and I went to a big box store hoping to take a couple swings with it before ordering.

Like any gear nut, I brought my driver as well to do one more comparison. Based on the GC quad + chrome soft instead of the track man + proV1x this time, Avg carry was 272. Callaway was 248. TM dispersion pattern significantly tighter again. 

there were two or three swings where I thought it was going to be sliced off the screen and it was only 20 yards off center. 

Unfortunately, they didn’t have the 5W either. Same experience today as CC fitting. Found the 3W easier to hit and better alignment at address, just going to take the plunge and order the 5W. 

Edited by Walkerdb7

On 1/28/2024 at 4:58 PM, notsohard said:

An interesting thing about the Qi10Max..The engineer/designer of that club was at a fit-out for a English Youtuber girl. Mentioned that if you put a heavier weight than what is stock from factory in the back of the driver, it goes over the 10K and becomes illegal. Club golfers go for it 😀

It was the heel weight Tomo was speaking about. I highly doubt any appreciable performance gains would be found by increasing the heel or back weight. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

On 1/10/2024 at 1:57 AM, jibbs1082 said:

This video does a comparison between the Qi10max and the Stealth2HD ...

the side-profile comparison = also interesting (to me ... maybe i missed earlier posts, but this is one of the first comparisons i've seen?)

Front to back profile = 8mm longer (and the back weight = 32 grams vs 30 grams in predecessor?)

... In the comments section, this was mentioned: "...the Qi10 Max adapter makes the shaft play 1/4 of an inch shorter so your shorten shaft was even shorter in the max and would play shorter in a regular size shaft compared to other heads"

image.png.818597f1755dc865e59f87b544a90a27.png

image.png.eaf8843646bb4c0faac19eb30894e586.png

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

... In the comments section, this was mentioned: "...the Qi10 Max adapter makes the shaft play 1/4 of an inch shorter so your shorten shaft was even shorter in the max and would play shorter in a regular size shaft compared to other heads"

Great vid, never seen this guy before!

Fitter was quick to point out the 1/4" shorter and pointing out how impressed he was with the gains vs a std length.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:31 PM, Walkerdb7 said:

But look at the efficiency on the Qi10 Max.  That's a big improvement.  I have an AI Max being delivered today (played the Paradym since it first came bout), but I know I have a low-spin problem so the Qi Max may be a really good look if the Smoke Max isn't working.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Welp, tried one more time to hit the 5W for piece of mind. Got to see it, haha, but couldn’t hit it.

I took a few more swings today... Swung like a bad day on the course, which is good for testing purposes, and it won again 

This was a Foresight Gen 2 maybe? Looked nothing like the CG Quad and the shaft was a Tensei.

I know Club Champion is a premium fitting experience, but I thought HZRDUS was standard issue stuff? Surprised 2 x different PGA SS did not have them?

Order is in, now we wait...

image.jpeg.88cd722a1ae35243cdac6ca8ac74e748.jpeg

image.jpeg.130ad154f92cf4dec0ad2eeb8994d97b.jpeg

Edited by Walkerdb7

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up basically getting a free QI10LS with some old trade ins I had. Didn't get fitted - kept my old shaft from the M4 and put on the Qi10LS head. Ended up going 8deg, probably should have went a little higher but whatever.

Early results - definitely longer than the M4, played in the cold and wind last week and found myself in further spots on the fairway that I have ever been, particularly on center/right, or high/right misses. Found low on the face to be incredibly spinny and low cuts... but somehow for how ugly they looked off the tee, they found the fairway and didn't seem to lack distance for a mishit. 

Going to play around with loft and the draw bias weight. Played with it at stock.... currently set to +1.5deg and full draw bias. Will see how that looks on the course. Have a hard time hitting proper numbers in a trackman bay - always feel "congested" in there with driver.

Should note in trackman playing around, swing speed was up a couple mph, and club head felt heavier than the M4.

Edited by jibbs1082
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my clubs. Took them to the range very briefly, like 30 mins...

Data with my Rapsodo 2 on a windy day with range balls. Today, I was swinging terribly, which I think is good for club testing. 

Taylormade Qi10 Max

image.png.d27b88863d4df2203478a737ce19430d.png

Callaway Epic Max LS

image.png.4640bb7e2a2f2d2ba72d10790bf676ba.png

image.png.9bd312939a4e19deee0f5af3817526eb.png

Edited by Walkerdb7
  • Thanks 1