2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Version 2 Taylormade Qi10???

Ended up finding a lefty version 2 (dot) head after already ordering the standard version 1 (no dot) direct from TM.

Haven’t gotten them in the launch monitor yet but to the eye they look identical and are within 1g weight difference. 

i.e. it’s either no difference or internal weighting differences.

• Thanks 2

Got fit at The Tour Van in Nashville yesterday(highly recommend visiting Jason if you are anywhere in the vicinity, handles the LIV guys club work when they are in NA) I’ve always been a low spin/low launch shaft guy. One thing I discovered was that is not the case with the qi10 LS. In the core head I was able to hit my normal shafts and ball flew fine. With the LS I was having to go to a med launch/spin shaft. One combo that was surprisingly good was the new velo+ with a 10.5 LS opened up 1 click. It wasn’t enough to top the oban kiyoshi in the 10.5 core though.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DoubleDawg22 said:

Ended up finding a lefty version 2 (dot) head after already ordering the standard version 1 (no dot) direct from TM.

Haven’t gotten them in the launch monitor yet but to the eye they look identical and are within 1g weight difference. 

Doing this same test myself. They do look the same externally to me as well.

51 minutes ago, leftygolfer15 said:

Doing this same test myself. They do look the same externally to me as well.

23 hours ago, DoubleDawg22 said:

You both are awesome.  Thanks for taking the time to do this and share the results.  

Maybe one of the club fitters that has access to both will do the same?  Seems like a reasonable ask.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:24 AM, DoubleDawg22 said:

Even if the internal weight is more forward to change the COG it will still weigh the same on a scale. Only way to truly know the difference is cut them open. Which I don’t think anyone is willing to do for the sake of science 

55 minutes ago, jhford00 said:

Even if the internal weight is more forward to change the COG it will still weigh the same on a scale. Only way to truly know the difference is cut them open. Which I don’t think anyone is willing to do for the sake of science 

It should show up in trackman Testing assuming the golfer has somewhat consistent delivery dynamics and uses the same shaft, same ball, and test in the same day…no?

Edited by Pnwpingi210

You are way better off actually just using a punch method or some other form of balancing item to see if they are dissimilar.   Mount the pin vertically in a vice and balance the head on the face side and then the sole.  Where the angles meet in space is essentially where the CG is. Whether it would be a big enough change to be noticeable on the test would be another story. Even a few MMs would be seeable if the test is done well. 

Edited by Golfrnut
  • Like 3

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

5 hours ago, jhford00 said:

Correct. Since I posted my reply, I’ve since been told that it’s purely a CG change and the shape is identical.

1 hour ago, leftygolfer15 said:

Correct. Since I posted my reply, I’ve since been told that it’s purely a CG change and the shape is identical.

Hmmm may have to hot melt a regular Qi10 and create poor man’s “dot” version lol 

• Like 3
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

On 3/3/2024 at 3:04 PM, Braddles said:

I wonder if the V2 Qi10 Core will eventually replace the current version at retail - it has happened in the past. Appears every golfer that gets fit at the Kingdom ends up with a dot head not retail, e.g. Gabbygolfgirl.

I'm sure some of the members remember the 2017 release of the M2.  By spring there were the "K" Heads they actually performed way better & hit pretty much all the major retailers. 

Edited by ignitewvu

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

On 3/3/2024 at 1:05 PM, jhford00 said:

I’ve always been a low spin/low launch shaft guy. One thing I discovered was that is not the case with the qi10 LS. In the core head I was able to hit my normal shafts and ball flew fine. With the LS I was having to go to a med launch/spin shaft. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this general observation explains the tour usage trend. If a tour pro has a shaft they are comfortable with and don't want to change then it makes sense to have a head that hits the right window. The TM guys were likely ready for that with the dot head alternative knowing how the LS was likely performing prior to release. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Is the dot head supposed to be between the LS and Core model? I played both Stealth 2 Plus and and Core (started with core) and the plus feels like a dud and the core spins too much. 

I was fit to the Qi10 Core with a TR Red 7x but I always keep a low launch/spin shaft in background when it gets too spinny. I was spinning the Core model less somehow

Driver: Qi10 Blackout 9* - Ventus Black 6x

3 Wood: Stealth 2 Plus 15* - Ventus TR Red 8x

6 Wood: Stealth 2 Plus 20* - Ventus Black 8x

Driving Iron: Nike Vapor Pro Fly 4/21* - Ventus Black 10 TX

Irons: 5-6 P770, 7-PW P7MC - DG TI X100 Black

Wedges: MG4 50* - DG TI X100 Black, MG4 TW 56*/12, MG4 LBV 60*/07 - DG TI S400 Black

Putter - TP Reserve M33 - BGT Tour Black

Ball - TP5X

Grips - Golf Pride MCC Black/Black

On 3/4/2024 at 4:21 PM, leftygolfer15 said:

Have you checked the TSS weight on both driver heads? I wonder if it’s the same. 

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I don't have a dot head to compare.  But could it be that the dot head is simply a special Qi10 core model in special 8.0 loft since that is the only measurable difference? The pros want to play a lower loft to keep ball speed as high as possible, and many prefer not seeing loft on the club at address. 

I am testing heads right now.  I think the pros playing the standard model because they needed to loft up with the LS to get the launch conditions they are after, but then lost some ball speed.  In my testing, I am hitting much better ballspeed with a standard Qi10 lofted down 1 click, vs the 10.5 LS down two clicks.   But my spin is just a touch high with the core head.  I think with a Core head at 8.0 loft, then I would be perfect.  But you can't buy those retail.  hence the "dot heads"

Early testing is the standard Qi10 is special, if you can get the weight and spin dialed.  It is fast and forgiving.  I can see why the pros are trying to fit into the core heads vs the LS.  There is just something about it.  

@Peoples Golf  do you think some hotmelt low and front center could take off 200-300 rpms?  I have approx. 8 grams of weight to work with.

7 minutes ago, buckeye2782 said:

Ok I don't have a dot head to compare.  But could it be that the dot head is simply a special Qi10 core model in special 8.0 loft since that is the only measurable difference? The pros want to play a lower loft to keep ball speed as high as possible, and many prefer not seeing loft on the club at address. 

I am testing heads right now.  I think the pros playing the standard model because they needed to loft up with the LS to get the launch conditions they are after, but then lost some ball speed.  In my testing, I am hitting much better ballspeed with a standard Qi10 lofted down 1 click, vs the 10.5 LS down two clicks.   But my spin is just a touch high with the core head.  I think with a Core head at 8.0 loft, then I would be perfect.  But you can't buy those retail.  hence the "dot heads"

Early testing is the standard Qi10 is special, if you can get the weight and spin dialed.  It is fast and forgiving.  I can see why the pros are trying to fit into the core heads vs the LS.  There is just something about it.  

@Peoples Golf  do you think some hotmelt low and front center could take off 200-300 rpms?  I have approx. 8 grams of weight to work with.

Adam Scott is using a 10.5 deg dot head. Rory and Brooks are using 9.0 deg

My local club had a Taylormade fitting event this morning and the Taylormade Rep had no idea what I was talking about when I was asking about the dot head, literally looked at me like I was an idiot.

I then showed him the various heads posted on here and he said he is coming back on March 30th and will be able to give me the details on them if they're just simply a CG change in the head to lower spin or something more detailed oriented that changes them 

Edited by EDWARDSR
  • Like 2

TaylorMade Qi10 9 - Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Qi10 15 - Ventus TR Black 8X

Ping G430 4 & 5 Hybrid - Accra TZ5 95 HY M5

Titleist T150 5- PW Oban CT 125X 

Taylormade MG4 48 54 60 Oban CT 125X (-)

Taylormade MySpider GT L-Neck 

Love the speculation on these.

for the newbies that pop in this thread and don’t read the whole chain.  The only things about the dot heads we know for facts are…..

*the is a dot by the loft.

*a few tour players normally in ls models are playing the core dot model.

*based on a forum members post, the dot core head and the non dot core head weighs within 1 gram of each other

*they cost more

To my knowledge there is no confirmation on cg location are any other differences from anyone credible within taylormade or the retailers that will sell you the dot model.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2024 at 12:56 PM, Pnwpingi210 said:

for the newbies that pop in this thread and don’t read the whole chain.  The only things about the dot heads we know for facts are…..

*based on a forum members post, the dot core head and the non dot core head weighs within 1 gram of each other

*they cost more

To my knowledge there is no confirmation on cg location are any other differences from anyone credible within taylormade or the retailers that will sell you the dot model.

Correct in above.  But i can tell you I have the DOT 9 degree, and regular 9 degree, and there is a difference in CG/Feel.  These better players would not be playing a regular CG Qi10 that might have higher spin coming off their LS drivers.

the Dot 9 degree i got from Will here and he measured at 9.7 degree in which i turned it higher 1 notch to 10.5 as it was lower spinning.  I didn't need to do that to the regular Qi10.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mliedtke02 said:

Correct in above.  But i can tell you I have the DOT 9 degree, and regular 9 degree, and there is a difference in CG/Feel.  These better players would not be playing a regular CG Qi10 that might have higher spin coming off their LS drivers.

the Dot 9 degree i got from Will here and he measured at 9.7 degree in which i turned it higher 1 notch to 10.5 as it was lower spinning.  I didn't need to do that to the regular Qi10.

Appreciate you sharing your experience.  That’s is helpful to know

1 hour ago, mliedtke02 said:

Can you show some pics of both heads side by side?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

Can you show some pics of both heads side by side?

1 hour ago, mliedtke02 said:

Any noticeable change in lie angle between the two?

On 3/15/2024 at 1:56 PM, Pnwpingi210 said:

*they cost more

Thank you for the summary. I read through most of this thread and my head is spinning. Are there multiple variants of the Max head out there? Than I have to ask what would be the difference between those "max" heads and the "core" heads (both dot and non dot core)???

2 minutes ago, easyyy said:

Thank you for the summary. I read through most of this thread and my head is spinning. Are there multiple variants of the Max head out there? Than I have to ask what would be the difference between those "max" heads and the "core" heads (both dot and non dot core)???

Core head vs. v2 Core head is structurally different. V2 has MOI closer to the LS in the body of the Core (LS is smaller). Tour heads have "slower" heads similar to Callaway to withstand tour level speeds as well.  

Not sure so much about the max stuff

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)

38 minutes ago, UnderPar18 said:

Core head vs. v2 Core head is structurally different. V2 has MOI closer to the LS in the body of the Core (LS is smaller). Tour heads have "slower" heads similar to Callaway to withstand tour level speeds as well.  

Where has it been confirmed that TM had “slower” heads? I knew Cally did and JW confirmed the thicker faces 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jhford00 said:

Where has it been confirmed that TM had “slower” heads? I knew Cally did and JW confirmed the thicker faces 

Confirmed... not sure, that's Taylormade's job to post on here if they wish. But that is the information I received when I inquired about the differences (within TM). When was the last time you saw a carbon face fail during a live broadcast? 

1 hour ago, UnderPar18 said:

Where did you get the confirmation on different MOI between core and non core?

On 3/17/2024 at 12:07 PM, mliedtke02 said:

Can you throw some hot melt or lead tape on the standard Qi10 and see if you can replicate the results. One would assume you could if it’s just a CG change between the two. 

The other thing is you know the face angle from the one you got from Will. So there’s variances with that as well. So it’s possible you could hit a different standard Qi10 that could be worse than both models you have now, or it could be better than both, no?

Edited by danielryanw