2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Request for refund

fwilliam

Seems like there's a lot of people with too much time on their hands. Sounds like a girls locker room. Some facts:

Never "demanded" a full refund.  Simply inquired about condition of shaft. Seller claimed he bought the shaft off ebay and was unaware of any damage. Upon removing adapter, it was clear tip had been compromised (bad trim, shimmed). Sent pics to seller for review. Kindly asked if I could send back. Seller offered $50 refund which was far less than half of the purchase price. Paypal allows 180 days for disputes.

Not sure why seller can't resolve disputes on his own. I guess not many men left these days.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, cbatke said:

Seems like there's a lot of people with too much time on their hands. Sounds like a girls locker room. Some facts:

Never "demanded" a full refund.  Simply inquired about condition of shaft. Seller claimed he bought the shaft off ebay and was unaware of any damage. Upon removing adapter, it was clear tip had been compromised (bad trim, shimmed). Sent pics to seller for review. Kindly asked if I could send back. Seller offered $50 refund which was far less than half of the purchase price. Paypal allows 180 days for disputes.

Not sure why seller can't resolve disputes on his own. I guess not many men left these days.

Being neutral in this I can see how damage couldn’t be seen until tip removal. But the norm is, as pointed out above, that once a product is altered then warranty is lost.  

So I suggest the formal dispute scheme is used and the buyer adopts another method of buying shafts. 

36 minutes ago, cbatke said:

So you were just going to send it back and just eat the cost? That makes no sense.

37 minutes ago, cbatke said:

Need more info than that. Pictures would help. But even so, 3 months later is a LONG time to not say anything.

Maybe you should use more divisive language and name calling. From my experience, the more profanity you use, the more seriously you are taken. (This is sarcasm)

1 hour ago, cbatke said:

Someone with an attitude like this should not be allowed to buy and sell in our community.  When you buy second hand you assume a certain amount of risk.  If you cant understand that you should get lost.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KC13 said:

Risk of buying second hand equipment.  Go buy new next time and you wont have this issue.  

Given your lack of contribution to this forum, I think most members look at your page and see the minimal posts while compounding that with a refund request over 90 day... its not a good look.  Members here are really feed up with the users and abusers of this site and setting a precedent to refund 90 days later is not the standard regardless of what PayPal says.  

So be a man and suck it up, take the hit on second hand equipment, right?

- KC 

Or the buyer could buy from 2nd swing, Pro Clubs or some other site that sells second-hand shafts.  Not sure if they would put up with this either. 

• Like 1

Pretty weak @cbatke...

You buy a used shaft off the internet from someone who says they bought it off ebay? Good gravy man...you might as well be playing the lottery. 

In other words, I've got a bridge with your name on it.

DM to negotiate price...but I'm only accepting cashier's checks as payment. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

5 hours ago, cbatke said:

Based on this response I sincerely doubt you did anything "kindly." You're buying used equipment, it is your responsibility to thoroughly check the item upon receipt so that if there is any issues you can report them to the seller in a timely manner, not 3 months later. 

• Like 2

Alright I don’t usually chime in on these posts, although I do always read them. Unless @cbatke is lying about his side of the story I don’t think all this hate is warranted. Yes it was months later and yes it was a used shaft but I don’t think it’s out of line to at least reach back out to the seller regarding getting some clarification on whether or not they knew about a splintered and shimmed shaft. I mean how else would you know the tip was damaged or there was a shim(maybe you could have seen that) unless you pulled the tip. Do we know that the seller stated the tip was perfect prior to the sale? Honestly how many of us actually pull tips or pull grips after purchasing a used shaft to check for damage or extensions as soon as we receive them? I know I don’t. I rely on the seller to be upfront about these issues. That’s the reason I buy on here and not the bay. I’m certainly not saying the seller owes this guy a full refund if he didn’t know about any damage up front but I also don’t think we can have such harsh opinions on the buyer for just reaching out to the seller to discuss how they felt.  

Edited by jasonTeI3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, jasonTeI3 said:

i feel like you didn’t even read my post.  Also I have been contributing to this site for longer than you so please spare me the “we don’t want you here” nonsense. Never did I say he deserves a refund of any kind. The way you describe selling items on the BST here scares me way more than anything the buyer did in this situation does. You make it seem as if buying used items on here should be like buying a set of speakers from a van parked outside a gas station. I would like to think there should be an inherent level of trust between members. Which is why I use the feedback tool as a seller and buyer. All I was getting at was that people are piling on the buyer here for reaching out to the seller on a damaged item. I realize it was months later but the seller could easily just say sorry I had no idea there was damage or a shim and that’s that. If the buyer damaged the tip when removing the adapter then obviously he’s totally in the wrong for reaching out. I think we all agree no refund needs to given. Given your response to my post @KC13 I’m not sure I would be willing to purchase anything from you anymore than I would be to sell to @cbatke.

No, I believe that most sellers on this site do the best they can to sell in good faith and present the facts as best as possible.  There are one-off situations that come up similar to this one.  The expectation for the seller to accept responsibility months later for something they are not aware of is silly (again, how can seller be sure buyer didnt do it).  Sure, can the buyer inquire and seller say "sorry man, I am not aware", absolutely.  But in this case its for a refund, its not a passive inquiry about the history of the shaft.  So your original comment is not applicable here.  People can be civil but the expectation (your comments sort of alluded to) that all transaction are to be perfect and that you are insured because you purchased on GolfWRX is silly.  Thats all.  I take pride in my sales, ship next every time and follow up with buyers for satisfaction.  Do that to avoid issued like these.  Form your opinions as you want, not offended at all nor do I take personal.  Apologies if you cant handle a little push back on what most members would agree with is not proper etiquette within the forum we all value.  

Edit: Also wanted to note OP words "demanding a full refund..." 

Edited by KC13
  • Like 3

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Ping Glide 4.0 Raw (52S/56S/58T)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

It seems the buyer has/had questions about the quality of the sellers goods then why buy? I looked at the shafts in one of the ads and I honestly wouldn’t buy them as to me they look rather sloppy and amateurish with the long ferrules that are likely covering excessive tip prep. If I did buy on end found n issue I wouldn’t go back hinting for a refund.

Edited by Bad9
  • Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

5 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

It seems the buyer has/had questions about the quality of the sellers goods then why buy? I looked at the shafts in one of the ads and I honestly wouldn’t buy them as to me they look rather sloppy and amateurish with the long ferrules that are likely covering excessive tip prep. If I did buy on end found n issue I wouldn’t go back hinting for a refund.

Agreed, his pictures do a good job of showing the imperfections though. I'd say he takes adequate photo's, so buyer is not getting blind sided for sure. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

I looked at one BST listing, but not closely.  Agree that is still on the buyer if they have issues with something in the listing.  If you aren't happy with a ferrule, or other information isn't clear then ask for more pictures or ask relevant questions.  If you still have concerns, then do not buy. Cbatke even posted, "Take a look at some of the crap @fwilliam is selling on here and you'll get an idea of what is going on."

If isn't to your liking, why even buy?

4 hours ago, jasonTeI3 said:

Alright I don’t usually chime in on these posts, although I do always read them. Unless @cbatke is lying about his side of the story I don’t think all this hate is warranted. Yes it was months later and yes it was a used shaft but I don’t think it’s out of line to at least reach back out to the seller regarding getting some clarification on whether or not they knew about a splintered and shimmed shaft. I mean how else would you know the tip was damaged or there was a shim(maybe you could have seen that) unless you pulled the tip. Do we know that the seller stated the tip was perfect prior to the sale? Honestly how many of us actually pull tips or pull grips after purchasing a used shaft to check for damage or extensions as soon as we receive them? I know I don’t. I rely on the seller to be upfront about these issues. That’s the reason I buy on here and not the bay. I’m certainly not saying the seller owes this guy a full refund if he didn’t know about any damage up front but I also don’t think we can have such harsh opinions on the buyer for just reaching out to the seller to discuss how they felt.  

I think you should stick to not chiming in on these posts. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, j4663535 said:

I think you should stick to not chiming in on these posts. 

As opposed to you who just joined and has zero feedback? Look this is getting silly with people chiming in on here like little petty kids taking shots at everyone. I simply suggested let’s take it easy on assuming the buyer in this situation is sooo terrible because the seller came on here and made some accusations that the buyer is clearly refuting. Maybe the buyer is 100% a terrible human and damaged the shaft when pulling the tip and tried to pressure the seller into a refund. But maybe he honestly found the damage, reached out to the seller just to check and see if they previously knew about it? At the end of the day I hate to say it but a lot of threads on this forum have become a little disrespectful and petty honestly. I wish people would just stick to facts and opinions on the topics and keep the smart$&s remarks to themselves. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jasonTeI3 said:

As opposed to you who just joined and has zero feedback? Look this is getting silly with people chiming in on here like little petty kids taking shots at everyone. I simply suggested let’s take it easy on assuming the buyer in this situation is sooo terrible because the seller came on here and made some accusations that the buyer is clearly refuting. Maybe the buyer is 100% a terrible human and damaged the shaft when pulling the tip and tried to pressure the seller into a refund. But maybe he honestly found the damage, reached out to the seller just to check and see if they previously knew about it? At the end of the day I hate to say it but a lot of threads on this forum have become a little disrespectful and petty honestly. I wish people would just stick to facts and opinions on the topics and keep the smart$&s remarks to themselves. 

I've been on more than a few other forums like this over the years. I've probably seen more things like this than you have. That's just based on your terrible take on this situation though.