2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond MAX?

TmagBryce

On 6/24/2024 at 1:09 PM, Cactus Jack said:

If you're good with a stock shaft, have them check their component cabinet...it's the end cap of the Callaway isle. I've checked two local PGASSs, and both had multiple heads, which the store wasn't aware of. You might be lucky and be able to walk out with one today. 

Tried this at my local pgass and two reps gave me a “wtf are you talking about” look, wandered off to talk to their manager and was told there is no such thing.

If you're good with a stock shaft, have them check their component cabinet...it's the end cap of the Callaway isle. I've checked two local PGASSs, and both had multiple heads, which the store wasn't aware of. You might be lucky and be able to walk out with one today. 

Tried this at my local pgass and two reps gave me a “wtf are you talking about” look, wandered off to talk to their manager and was told there is no such thing.

36 minutes ago, 1mcozik said:

Check this thread out: 

Bad pic, but the cabinet is to the right of the shafts. You literally chose your head, shaft, and assemble your own club. The cabinets at my stores had several heads. 

ScreenShot2024-06-25at9_28_26PM.png.92a1174b981c84c82cfe6631f2867109.png 

Edited by Cactus Jack
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Check this thread out: 

Bad pic, but the cabinet is to the right of the shafts. You literally chose your head, shaft, and assemble your own club. The cabinets at my stores had several heads. 

Interesting. You can ask them to sell you stuff from that cabinet? They (Sales rep) always told me its for demo purposes.

13 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Check this thread out: 

I believe this is a fitting cart……

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym TD 3W- evenflow white 75x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Callaway apex CB - 4-Pw - 6.0 PX LZ 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3 

They have this in my PGATSS as well in NY and it is the "fitting cart" cabinet. They just put it out on the floor sometimes.

I ordered mine this past Sat after also seeing that they were in stock (online store). They only had 1 head in my store for demoing (also it was a 10.5).

I saw that if I did a custom order it would take till August to receive it. Nevertheless, if going by the PGATSS website, they had some in their warehouse somewhere. Only time will tell. I haven't received the "Your item has shipped" email yet.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i230 6-UW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 115

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

Just an observation that I hit the TD Max on the range after moving the heavier weight to the front, and while I did not have a launch monitor handy, I definitely saw no drop off in forgiveness, and seemed to gain distance with a slightly lower ball flight.  I will need to test this on the monitor regarding distance, but was very happy to see a continued excellent path.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Kale_m said:

Maybe it's different in AZ, but this is not a fitting cart in our stores. This is a retail purchase option. You pick a shaft and head and walk out with a new driver. TaylorMade has the same setup in our stores. The best part is there's no upcharge and no waiting if a pre-configured option isn't already assembled, which is especially nice for X Flex guys. 

image.png.ea3696b6ffc88883bb0e984b8a64e407.png

Edited by Cactus Jack
  • Like 3

Cheat code complete. Cut down to 44.75, 20g gram back 10g front

IMG_1598.jpeg

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9°@11° Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

1 minute ago, Yzmerf said:

Cheat code complete. Cut down to 44.75, 20g gram back 10g front

IMG_1598.jpeg

Interesting.  Shaft, swing weight?  I actually went longer with this because it's so forgiving, after having played drivers in the 44-44.75" range for a while now.  The 30g of weight has my interest piqued, especially any forgiveness/ball speed bumps you see.    

Its with the Kaili white 70. Havent hit it yet so its just a theory. I have already tried it with the Tensei Raw i have at 45.75 and it was good. It can always be better though right? Just experimenting really. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9°@11° Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

10 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Same. I'm cancelling. 

I'm going to give it 1 more week and then I'm cancelling. This is absurd. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K

Callaway UW 17 w/Hzrdus Black Gen 4 6.5

TaylorMade Rescue 11 19 degree X flex
Callaway AI Smoke 5-AW, Nippon Modus 120X
Callaway Raw Face Chrome, 52/58, Nippon Modus 125 wedge
LA Golf Malibu Arm Lock

2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X

19 hours ago, Kale_m said:

Its not THE fitting cart, those are over in the hitting bay areas. I can confirm the PGASS in Arlington TX has this as well. Not sure if its new this year or what but I remember seeing it for the first time earlier in the year and thinking that is kinda cool. It literally says on it "Mix and match heads with shafts, build your club today" etc etc. I wish I would have remembered about it before I ordered mine but the TDM has been great so far.

• Like 1

Anyone who is in love with the TDM grab a matching (TD) fairway and if so what are your thoughts?? 

Last Callaway fairway I hit was the epic speed which was decent but didn't feel anything special. Curious how the new smoke fairways perform 

Smoke Max TD

Smoke TD

P-DHY

T5 , T22, T22

Phantom 11.5

1 minute ago, tickyboy said:

Anyone who is in love with the TDM grab a matching (TD) fairway and if so what are your thoughts?? 

Last Callaway fairway I hit was the epic speed which was decent but didn't feel anything special. Curious how the new smoke fairways perform 

I grabbed a Max 3w, not the TD.  It’s pretty good, coming from a paradym.  I think it goes a little higher for me than the Paradym but I’ll say the entire smoke line, well driver and 3w, seem more anti left for me than the Paradym series.  I also had the Paradym TD.  

I was not in love with the Max TD at first but I ended up swapping out the 10g weight for a 4, so I have 2 4g weights in it now.  That’s when the driver came alive for me.  Last 3 rounds color me pretty impressed.  

• Like 1

I also was able to get a full round in last weekend with the TDM and came away very happy and impressed. I'm coming from the Ping G430 Max 10K (its being put up on BST)  and really dont see that much of a drop off in forgiveness. Any driver you leave the face wide open is going to give you a bad result. I saw it once a round or so with the Ping and its the same for the TDM. But this one when you flush it, so good. I had that "furthest Ive been on this hole" at least twice. 

I also took in my Paradym driver and my old Sim 5w to trade in for the Ai Smoke TD 3w and 5w. They didnt give as much for the driver as Callaway was offering but not having to ship mine and wait on the new ones won out over patience. The 3w is awesome. Two holes and two drives right down the middle. I didnt hit the 5w that round but it was money on the range, lol as expected.

Edited by Kmac
  • Like 1

I have the TD Max 9* head on my preferred Tensei Blue 65R shaft. Right now the hosel is set for stated loft and neutral lie.

I haven't had it out on the course much yet, but yesterday I played in a select drive comp which gave me a good reason to hit it on every par four and five (whether it was the right choice or not). I also let a couple of my playing partners hit it on a few. 

I love the solid feel of this club when you hit it out of the middle. You also get pretty good feedback (and shot results) when you catch it low on the face or on the toe side. 

As currently set up the club is giving me straight balls or fades. I normally hit a straight ball or draw. I'll probably adjust the hosel to D/S or N/+1 as I continue to dial it in. I'd like to see the flight tend more toward my usual draw. I find it very easy to hit my intended start line with this head. I don't want to adjust it into a face angle that takes that confidence away from me. 

I have a friend who has struggled with his Callaway Epic driver for awhile and resorted to playing his TM 300 mini driver exclusively off the tee. He is plenty long but has a loopy swing that relies on timing.

His miss with the driver is a left-to-right banana and the draw bias of the TM 300 mitigates that perfectly. He hit my driver on a couple of holes and absolutely bombed it. The flight was similar to his mini driver but longer. I could see the gears turning in his head. 

Edited by me05501

22 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Just an observation that I hit the TD Max on the range after moving the heavier weight to the front, and while I did not have a launch monitor handy, I definitely saw no drop off in forgiveness, and seemed to gain distance with a slightly lower ball flight.  I will need to test this on the monitor regarding distance, but was very happy to see a continued excellent path.

Quoting my own post.  Kinda gauche, sorry, but this is an update.

I hit the TDM on the monitor and in a sim round last night.  First, I need to cut the shaft down to 45" or so to avoid the occasional heel strike I am finding with the shaft longer than that to which I am accustomed.  Also, I found more lefts/hooks with the weight in the front than I had previously.  When I switched the heavier weight to the back those went away.  Now, that could be the longer shaft too, and I was getting tired, so testing must continue.  Interestingly spin did not increase and distance did not decrease at all with the heavier weight in the back; only dispersion got better.  Unlike the OG TD.  Gotta keep trying this out.  Still loving the driver as it is very consistent before I tire out after too many shots. 

8.5* Fairway Golf update.

I emailed them today saying I wanted to cancel the order. They replied back and said they just got the heads yesterday, and they could ship out today if I wanted to keep the order.

I guess I’ll have an 8.5* head to try vs the 9* soon.

• Like 2

Callaway, Titleist, Miura, Mizuno, Piretti

19 minutes ago, Ereim said:

I emailed them today saying I wanted to cancel the order. They replied back and said they just got the heads yesterday, and they could ship out today if I wanted to keep the order.

Appreciate you letting us know...Now the waiting game starts !!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ereim said:

They responded to my email this morning and canceled my order. However, they told me heads wouldn't be in until Monday... Hopefully you get yours as planned, but pretty disappointing experience with the company.  

• Like 1

Tried the td max with the hzrdus green Rdx today at the simulator in the basement gym at my office. Literally every swing was a hook, including the random other clubs I tried down there. So I think the simulator is broken, because there’s no way I was hooking everything with the green and then hooking the other driver and irons down there. So I still don’t know how the green works for me. Felt ok but don’t know reliable numbers

Edited by scb_