2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Yoro Mizuno MP-64

ck800

Th 64's were my favorite Mizuno irons ever. Those are SUPER clean. 

• Like 1

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Max 9° - Denali Blue 60 6.5

Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15° - Denali Black 70 6.0

Srixon ZX7 Mk II 4-6, Z Forged II 7-9 - PX LZ 6.0

Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 - S200

Toulon Las Vegas H1 - Diamana P105 

Titleist Pro V1

Wow.  those are stunning.  Always wanted to hit them, but never came across a set in person.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

On 2/13/2024 at 1:50 PM, ck800 said:

Wanted to share a cool recent pickup. Brand new 3-P set of Yoro MP-64s, grips and clubheads still have the shrink wrap on them.

Yoro irons don't really hold much value these days but MP-64s are my absolute favorite Mizuno iron ever and it's just crazy to me that these are still brand new.

Cool things that these have

• Twilight finish
  • Straighter / sharper toe and top line (heads are definitely less tall compared to my retail 64s)
  • More aggressive leading edge relief (I think this is W grind?)
  • Less offset (I think? It's close and hard to tell but my instinct says yes)
  • No grain flow forged stamp on hosel
  • No MP-64 stamp on head

Unfortunately they are S200 so I'll have to reshaft them. If they were X100 I would definitely game as is but it sure feels like a shame to break them up.

Anyway just wanted to share! Pics are of 7 and 3 iron

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

Holy s***, nice pick up! Where did you find them?

• Like 1

Hi,

new member from Italy.

Beautiful, congratulations!

I took up golf again last year after a youth in junior golf at high level. After having grown up with Mizuno blades and cavity in the 90's, I upgraded my set but not to nowadays. I've built a combo set of MP64 (5-7) and MP69 (8-PW), because I like to have that feel.

Cheers

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, alexbridges said:

Hi,

new member from Italy.

I took up golf again last year after a youth in junior golf at high level. After having grown up with Mizuno blades and cavity in the 90's, I upgraded my set but not to nowadays. I've built a combo set of MP64 (5-7) and MP69 (8-PW), because I like to have that feel.

Cheers

Great set! I play MP-64 (4-6) and MP-4 (7-P). Can’t be beat by anything out today 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/14/2024 at 3:50 AM, ck800 said:

Wanted to share a cool recent pickup. Brand new 3-P set of Yoro MP-64s, grips and clubheads still have the shrink wrap on them.

Yoro irons don't really hold much value these days but MP-64s are my absolute favorite Mizuno iron ever and it's just crazy to me that these are still brand new.

Cool things that these have

• Twilight finish
  • Straighter / sharper toe and top line (heads are definitely less tall compared to my retail 64s)
  • More aggressive leading edge relief (I think this is W grind?)
  • Less offset (I think? It's close and hard to tell but my instinct says yes)
  • No grain flow forged stamp on hosel
  • No MP-64 stamp on head

Unfortunately they are S200 so I'll have to reshaft them. If they were X100 I would definitely game as is but it sure feels like a shame to break them up.

Anyway just wanted to share! Pics are of 7 and 3 iron

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

The last two pics are about as aesthetically pleasing as it gets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Superb pick-up Brotha🤙

A lil late to the party, though that's par for the course🤪

My Yuro 64's & 4's are still good to go however my swing following two strokes is for 💩💩, so I just look at em, rekindle some amazing memories of days gone by, then put em back in the closet, lol.  Though I bagged the 64's, the 4's came in during my cancer treatment, so I planned on Playin em following my therapy, however the strokes(2) changed those plans, lol. My Bro bagged the 4's for a month or so, then went back to his 64's, which he Plays to this day.

Enjoy em!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

BCBC9257-1454-409D-A2C3-EABE827EA631.jpeg

61B67451-B0BA-42A3-A2AF-569943601046.jpeg

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 2

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

19 hours ago, OBbogey5 said:

A slimmed down top line of would improve this set, for me. Mizuno irons may have the most vocal supports of all the manus on this forum, but for me the MP line is to thick around the perimeter, the scoring lines are too few, and the off set makes the club face looked closed. To me.

What do you Play?

Cheers🍻

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

On 2/15/2024 at 5:31 PM, autronicdsm said:

It is! Congrats. I was on the lookout for 64s in a good shape, but I stopped checking buyee awhile ago. These could have been mine hahaha

If you're serious about buying Japanese issued sets, regardless of OEM, feel free to message me and I'll give ya a few companies/sites.

Have a Nice Weekend👊

RP

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 10:26 AM, alexbridges said:

Hi,

new member from Italy.

Cheers

Welcome to the Community @alexbridges👊

Superb taste in irons!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

2 hours ago, Forged4ever said:

What do you Play?

Cheers🍻

RP

The Nike Vr Pro Combo from 2011 with the slot in the 3/4 irons. (Think that’s the official model title..)

The only thing I can say for sure is that they have more grooves, and that seems to give me confidence quickly. I don’t know if the top line and toe perimeter are actually thicker than my former MP-64, but that’s the way my mind plays it.

I’m sure I could get along with a Mizuno set that don’t look great to me immediately, but why bother. I don’t like what I’m looking at, and life’s too short to force feed oneself Mizuno and tippy toe around Mizuno fanmen 🤣

1 hour ago, OBbogey5 said:

The Nike Vr Pro Combo from 2011 with the slot in the 3/4 irons. (Think that’s the official model title..)

The only thing I can say for sure is that they have more grooves, and that seems to give me confidence quickly. I don’t know if the top line and toe perimeter are actually thicker than my former MP-64, but that’s the way my mind plays it.

I’m sure I could get along with a Mizuno set that don’t look great to me immediately, but why bother. I don’t like what I’m looking at, and life’s too short to force feed oneself Mizuno and tippy toe around Mizuno fanmen 🤣

Agree 💯 on the Mizzy fanboys, lol. I don't include myself in that group as one, I put Mizzy in my bag for the first time in 1988, with the TP-9's, secondly, though I did bag the 87's, they were nothing special and actually wouldn't even be in my Top-3 or 4 Mizzy blades, plus, the fanboys who claim to have bagged the 87's reminds me of all these old sh**s who claimed to have been at Woodstock, which if true, would have put the number in the millions, lol. For the two years that I bagged the 87's, I encountered exactly two other individuals who Played em, and both guys bought em at the same club that I bought mine, Oakmont, with HP Bobby Ford bein the only Mizzy Distributor in Pgh/W PA till the early 90's. Finally, while I've Played all of their blades and a few of their MCB's over the past 2 1/2 decades+, I also put my Staff Tour Blades & Staff Fg51 Tour Blades back in the bag my last season in the game. They don't give an inch to the Mizzies.

As far as my fave Mizzy blade, it would be my Yuro 37's, pictured below. I'm sure that the Yuro 4's woulda been sweet(above), though I can barely grip em, much less swing em, so I just sit there for a minute, fantasizin, visualizin, then crashin back to reality, I put em back in the bag in the closet, lol. 

Also, prior to my strokes, I got a nice crisp sound at impact, none of this "butter" bull💩

Butter???

GTFOH😂😂

Thats the fanboy buzzword, lol🤪

Don't get me wrong. I love Mizzy and have Played em longer than many of their fanboys have even Played the game, though there are a lot of world class forged irons out there, including your Nikes!!!

My wife, a former Nike Staffer(she still wears their apparel), played the Vr Pro Combo 4i-5i & TW Vr 6i-PW up till she went with Mizzy when Nike got outa the club game. I believe that your Pro Combo set was/is the ABSOLUTE finest true split-set irons ever made, in a class by itself. None of this mix 'n match bull💩 that a lot of OEMs did/do. Nike could've made complete iron sets out of that pocket CB(3-4i) and it would've been THE best pocket CB's on the market. I hit it compared to the Mizzy MP-53/54's, and it blew the Mizzy's outa the water. It set beautifully at address, and yes, even with the pocket, it's a thinner pocket, thinner top-line with no metal in sight on the back end!! Why they never introduced that as a set was beyond me though I guess that they had their hands full just tryin to sell their regular Vr line-up. The split/MCB irons in your set, 5-7i, are also superb, and again, could have been their own stand alone set, 3i-PW, had they so desired. 

Nah Brotha, you've got what I consider to be the preeminent "split set" and I know that a lot of guys put the Titleist 735's at the top of that mountain, though I'd take the Vr Pro Combo over em every day, all day 7/365, though I'd never have the balls to say that to @Mitchell😂😂. Only playin keyboard kommando from behind the safety of a keyboard & screen  do I make demonstrative statements like that😜🤪

Thanks for responding👊

Have a Great Season🍻

RP

8C2EE421-F0E2-41DD-8506-6AED582A4B8D.jpeg

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 1

@Forged4ever,

While I do have an affinity for the Titleist 735cm, specifically the forged stainless model with anvil in cavity that was made from 431 stainless like 962b, the Nike VR Pro Combo set was indeed a phenomenal set. While 735cm was first combo set that I thought was truly done well, Nike VR Pro Combo was indeed much better. If Nike had listened more to Mike Taylor and less to marketing side, they could have really been special because certain lines where they did listen to MT were unreal! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

2 hours ago, Mitchell said:

@Forged4ever,

While I do have an affinity for the Titleist 735cm, specifically the forged stainless model with anvil in cavity that was made from 431 stainless like 962b, the Nike VR Pro Combo set was indeed a phenomenal set. While 735cm was first combo set that I thought was truly done well, Nike VR Pro Combo was indeed much better. If Nike had listened more to Mike Taylor and less to marketing side, they could have really been special because certain lines where they did listen to MT were unreal! 

Maddie brought the hammer down and said that I gotta part with "a few" sets of irons. Since I don't even really care for Titleist, never bagged anything of theirs cept for their  over hyped, overpriced putters, though I did sink a lot of putts with that Napa, haha, the 735's are goin. Please message me your address and I'll get em out to ya. They're in pristine condition!! I just gotta locate the 6i, though not to worry, it is in my cedar closet, along with 300+ other irons strewn about. I'll find it Brotha!! Message me your address when ya get a chance.

Maddie and Paige send 😘' s & 🤗's

My Best👊

Richard 

Edited by Forged4ever