Lab Broomstick Mafia

Hey all -

With the news of the DF3 coming in the broomstick. I thought I would start a chat about what is the best LAB Broomstick. The Mezz Max is getting A TON of tour play and the DF 2.1 is a sneaky classic... I am wondering where the DF3 is going to fit in all of this. 

Also, would love to hear current Broomstick setups and success stories! 

#BroomstickMafia 

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSR3 8 Graphite Design VF 6x

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 plus TR Blue 8x 

7 wood: Titleist TSR2 Ventus TR Blue 9x

Irons: Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Project X 6.5
Wedges: Titleist SM9 50.08, 54.12, 60.10 - Project x 6.0

Putter: Lab Mezz Max TPT 44.5 79.5 Broomstick

Titleist Pro V1x-

Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Standard

From everything I've read on the other DF3 discussion.... I am excited for this one to come out.  I love my DF2.1, but something in a smaller footprint and being able to pick up a ball is a great addition.  A mix of DF forgiveness, but Mezz feel would be ideal for me.  

My current broomstick's set up:

DF2.1 LA Golf Shaft 79.5 44.5 single line black putter

Mezz Max TPT Shaft 79.5 44.5 T alignment red putter

• Like 1

I jumped onto the broomstick bandwagon in December and have had it in the wild a 3 rounds maybe.  I went 42" TPT Mezz Max heavy head thick line alignment.  I'm really intrigued about the DF3 in a broom but want to see how I get along with the Mezz Max for a full season.  I just played yesterday and dropped some effortless 6-15 footers that I probably wouldn't have made before this switch.  still dialling in distance control on anything over 20-25 feet.

• Like 1

Driver -  Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷 9 degree with GD UB 6S

3 Wood- Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S

5 Wood - Cobra F9 with Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
Hybrid - Cobra F9 22 degree Fujikura Atmos blue 5S
5 & 6 Irons - Srixon Z545
7 - PW - Srixon Z745
Wedges - Bridgestone J15 50* and 54* and Callaway PM grind 58* and 64*
Putter - LAB Golf mezz max broomstick, LAB Golf DF 2.1 armlock, LAB golf 2.1 standard length 

1 hour ago, Gr8_Brandino said:

From everything I've read on the other DF3 discussion.... I am excited for this one to come out.  I love my DF2.1, but something in a smaller footprint and being able to pick up a ball is a great addition.  A mix of DF forgiveness, but Mezz feel would be ideal for me.  

My current broomstick's set up:

DF2.1 LA Golf Shaft 79.5 44.5 single line black putter

Mezz Max TPT Shaft 79.5 44.5 T alignment red putter

Love the MEZZ setup. I have on order the Mezz Max with the exact same setup. 

I keep telling myself the broomstickers on tour haven't switched into the df3 so maybe there's something to be said about the MEZZ. I mean if the Golfwrx'er of the year, Adam Scott hasn't switched yet... That tells me a something... I think LOL 

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1x-

46 minutes ago, txbadger said:

Before 2/13 I never owned a LAB putter (broom or other).  Prior to that I had been reading the LAB feedback here and watching LAB youtube videos.   Never...ever have been a "putter guy".  I have over a dozen driver heads (including 4 of the same head) but always thought the guys that have equal amount (or more) putters laying around were weird.    Anyway,...I went to a local 2nd swing where I was able to try a DF2.1 and a Mezz (traditional putters.. no brooms).   After 10 minutes I thought... Ok.. I guess I am going to order a DF3 which I did on 2/13. 

Apparently the driver ho in me leaked over into these putters because a few days later someone here was selling their DF3 stock model because their custom order came in.  Bought it shortly after he listed it..   Then.. before I even got it, yet another member listed a Mezz Max broom... traded him for one of my newer drivers (that really I hadn't considered letting go of).   Got both putters on the same day last week and have been putting with them on my sim putting surface since.    The broom took some time figuring out... but when it clicked.. I was thinking... holy f... I'm a broomstick guy... already thinking of the looks I'm going to get on the course.   Having said that the head to head against the stock DF3 is still raging. 

Now.. I found myself refreshing the LAB website for when the DF3 brooms will be available.

Sooo.. in less than 3 weeks, I have 2 LABs (one broom)... the custom DF3 is in production, and going to order a DF3 broom the day they are available.    

LOVE this. I thought I was the only one refreshing the website daily to see when the DF3 broom comes out. 12:46 eastern today, I kid you not already refreshed the site 30 times. 

I got the chance to putt with the DF3 stock and I really do love the sole of that putter. Feels like it glides through the ground. The Mezz leading edge messes with my eye but again no issues putting with it, more of visual thing. 

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1x-

Had my DF 2.1 Broom before all the craze. Got from a friend where it was just sitting in his garage. Was 46”, sent it back for 44” and heavy head option. Has the stock steel shaft. It has been a game changer. I have never owned a putter this long. It just always makes me look good on the greens. 

I did roll a stock length DF3 and I will say a DF3 Broom will tick all the boxes without a doubt. No question it will out sell the Mezz Max Broom craze. Size and shape with a broomstick = MONEY! 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Any of you use conventional for longer putts and broom inside 15 feet? Brooms look hard on long putts...

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

17 minutes ago, ephmen said:

Any of you use conventional for longer putts and broom inside 15 feet? Brooms look hard on long putts...

I will say Broomsticking takes time but there's a cool video where Sam Hahn, CEO of Lab (Dude's awesome) says the first thing when he fits Brooms, he sees the long putts and lag putting drastically improve. 

Titleist Pro V1x-

I had heard of LAB a few years ago and finally pulled the trigger on a DF2.1 last summer. Definitely a really nice putter albeit crazy looking. The best way to describe it is just that it never feels like a miss is the putter's fault. I know what the face is doing - and what it's not doing - and it's impossible to blame the putter itself. There's no possible way the putter can be to blame. It's either the read or the stroke. I got a DF3 in the mail a couple of weeks ago and hoping to get it out on the course soon. I've watched so many YouTube videos about the broomstick and just from a physics perspective it seems like broomsticking should be used by more players. If it can make Glover and Will Z look smooth from 4 ft then it will probably make me look like 2001 Tiger. I'll be ordering a DF3 broom once it's available and I have a feeling I'm going to really like it.

Edited by nicholasriehl
  • Haha 1

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

I am a recent convert to a broomstick, so I am still learning how to roll the rock with it.

I have a Mezz Max and even if the broomstick experiment doesn't work out I firmly believe in the benefits of LAB technology.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

Got my first LAB broomstick (a nickel 2.1 with the OG BGT shaft) about 3 years ago.  I bought a custom standard, broom, and arm-lock because I love nuance.  The broom was so easy to figure out and I began putting SIGNIFICANTLY better immediately (roughly 5 strokes - my standard putting was apparently really bad).  

My findings:

-I find that lag putting is easier and more consistent

-Far less stress on my back

-Hitting my line is automatic

-Less practice time needed - fewer moving parts to deal with and the putter really wants to swing on a pendulum so less manipulation throughout the stroke and less time needed fighting your self

-I actually make more putts of all distances

-It also made me a better standard putter.  It helped to find a confidence that wasn’t there before.  Literally, picking up the broom made me LOVE putting, when honestly I was scared of anything longer than 3” before (literally)

I also have been checking every couple

of hours for the DF3.  I will order a red one with a TPT as soon as I can.  Hope Sam gives us a new estimate because he did say March 1 previously!!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Honixx said:

Did brooms ever come with chrome/silver steel shafts? Or has it always been black steel and the graphite options?

The OG ones did. When they first started making broomsticks… 4 plus years ago. I haven’t seen one in person or know anyone who has one. 

Titleist Pro V1x-

42 minutes ago, Golfballwackerguy17 said:

The OG ones did. When they first started making broomsticks… 4 plus years ago. I haven’t seen one in person or know anyone who has one. 

Given what LAB has said they know about the benefits of the stiffness of these graphite shafts I wonder how much accuracy we’d be giving up by using a steel one. I’m probably over-thinking it but figured I’d put it out there to you guys seeing as we’re all nerds for this stuff. 

12 minutes ago, Honixx said:

Given what LAB has said they know about the benefits of the stiffness of these graphite shafts I wonder how much accuracy we’d be giving up by using a steel one. I’m probably over-thinking it but figured I’d put it out there to you guys seeing as we’re all nerds for this stuff. 

well.. if we're talking broomstick, steel shaft isn't an option.    If you are asking about traditional putters, I don't know the answer on how much (if anything) is given up on accuracy-wise for  steel shafts but may want to post this question on one of the other LAB threads. 

Edited by txbadger

21 minutes ago, txbadger said:

well.. if we're talking broomstick, steel shaft isn't an option.    If you are asking about traditional putters, I don't know the answer on how much (if anything) is given up on accuracy-wise for  steel shafts but may want to post this question on one of the other LAB threads. 

They aren’t an option any longer but they used to be. Looking in the resale market, they are out there. Just wondering how much I’d be giving up going with steel…under the assumption it won’t be as stiff. (I think I remember hearing Sam mention this in a video with maybe the TXG guys?). Again, probably for my s**t putting stroke it won’t matter much, but was still curious. 

8 minutes ago, Honixx said:

They aren’t an option any longer but they used to be. Looking in the resale market, they are out there. Just wondering how much I’d be giving up going with steel…under the assumption it won’t be as stiff. (I think I remember hearing Sam mention this in a video with maybe the TXG guys?). Again, probably for my s**t putting stroke it won’t matter much, but was still curious. 

If I had to guess you would be giving up a lot. All the science is there why graphite is so much better. The tolerances on graphite are fantastic, the stability is unmatched and the feel is so much better. I messed around a lot with traditional putter heads and put the kbs gps shafts into them and saw vast improvement. Steel has always been just budget friendly. 

that all being said if it’s cheaper to get in with a steel and trying out a broomstick for the first time I get it. 

• Thanks 1

Titleist Pro V1x-

Still no DF3 Broomstick ordering options... The wait continues. 

Titleist Pro V1x-

I asked this a few days ago in the other LAB thread. Seems like later this month, or early April

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tour AD-DI 6S
Titleist TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS 4G 80S
Titleist T200 3 Iron - Tour AD-DI 85S
Titleist T100S 4 - Project X 6.0

Titleist T100 5-9 - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 46* - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52*M - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 58*T - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP 2

Titleist Pro V1

32 minutes ago, toddyc said:

Do people have some idea when a df3 broom will be out?I haven’t seen anything in a timeline 

In a recent IG post I saw in the comments LAB said it would be late March

• Like 1

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

Bad news fellas! 

Sam Hahn was on a podcast (BeStill Golf) released late last night... DF3 broomstick's are confirmed coming at the end of March. 

It was also cool to hear Sam is using the broomstick about 30% of the time in his bag. 

Titleist Pro V1x-

2 hours ago, Golfballwackerguy17 said:

Bad news fellas! 

Sam Hahn was on a podcast (BeStill Golf) released late last night... DF3 broomstick's are confirmed coming at the end of March. 

It was also cool to hear Sam is using the broomstick about 30% of the time in his bag. 

I take that as good news I was afraid you were about to say end of the year or something

1 minute ago, toddyc said:

I take that as good news I was afraid you were about to say end of the year or something

LOL Anything besides today would have been a disappointment. I am leaving for a golf trip to the French lick/Dormie trip end of April would give up my first-born son for DF3 broom before that trip. 

Titleist Pro V1x-

2 minutes ago, manVSgolf said:

Dad, how could you say that!!!!  

HA! Did my wife get a WRX account? 

Only kidding... well depending what day it is! 

It is weird we haven't seen any of the broom guys switch over to the DF3. I saw that they have DF3 brooms sitting on tour trucks. 

Also, another side note, Sam Hahn called the DF3 the "shitter getter"... Basically, referring the DF3 as a toilet, now I can't look at the DF3 and unsee a toilet. HA 

• Haha 1

Titleist Pro V1x-

Different question, as I am going to order a broom in the DF3 (once available). Love my DF 2.1 and what it has done for my game. But I still get a little "twitchy" at times. Dont get along with armlocking and now there is the big question:

How do I figure out, wether I am a Langer-style broomer (longer shaft, more upright stance, use right hand to move putter) or a Adam Scott-style broomer (shorter shaft, more bend over, rocking the shoulders to move putter) or something in between?

When using 3wood, driver and hybrid to get a feel for it, both versions feel as if I could make them work. 

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 3/12/2024 at 3:46 AM, Bunkersarebigcups said:

Different question, as I am going to order a broom in the DF3 (once available). Love my DF 2.1 and what it has done for my game. But I still get a little "twitchy" at times. Dont get along with armlocking and now there is the big question:

How do I figure out, wether I am a Langer-style broomer (longer shaft, more upright stance, use right hand to move putter) or a Adam Scott-style broomer (shorter shaft, more bend over, rocking the shoulders to move putter) or something in between?

When using 3wood, driver and hybrid to get a feel for it, both versions feel as if I could make them work. 

Decisions, decisions...

I pretty much went through the same thought process. To start with I just grabbed a tape measure and used it as I would hold my broomstick putter, this helped me determine what length felt most natural/comfortable. Once putter arrived, it was a case of heading to the course and practice greens to work on technique.

Edited by craz-e
  • Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X