2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Who is the most overrated PGA or LPGA player

Pat du Golf

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LPGA: I don't Wie think is a member of the LPGA, although she should be, so I am going with Gulbis. She is overated on game and looks.

PGA: Adam Scott or Camillo.

Niether has won anything of significance, nor done anything to :cheesy: about, but everyone thinks they will. If I were......say Pacman Jones, I would compare them to strippers, they show you just enough to tease, but definately won't please :good:

I would have a hard time considering anyone but JD. I realize he has won two majors, but the first one he was just unconscious and had nothing to lose, and St. Andrews is a course made for the bombers who can avoid most of the trouble going left of it. He could have been so much more with a little discipline and self respect :good:

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

PGA: Sergio Garcia and John Daly

LPGA: Michelle Wie and Natalie Gulbis

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

PGA Tour: Basically any guy under 25 who is in contention once the entire year, the announcers portray him as the "Tiger-killer" yet I have not seen one single person extensively challenge him.

Next up is Steve Stricker. The guy is as interesting as watching dust form. Ever since he won what was it 2 times last year and was basically a journeyman hack since the mid 90's, suddenly he gets almost a quarter of the T.V. coverage and is going to win almost every tournament he enters... :good:

Next is Fred Couples, yes I know he WAS a good player, but now the announcers always talk of the good ol' days of him blasting his driver well over 300 yards, frankly it bores the crap out of me. Lastly, for me they act like if he is anywhere within 6 shots of the lead he is going to race to the finish and win on a white steed and steal the show out from under everyone. The guy hasn't won in over 5 years and I don't foresee a win this year either.

John Daly...need I say more.

LPGA: Michelle Wie

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

LPGA: I don't Wie think is a member of the LPGA, although she should be, so I am going with Gulbis. She is overated on game and looks.

Niether has won anything of significance, nor done anything to :cheesy: about, but everyone thinks they will. If I were......say Pacman Jones, I would compare them to strippers, they show you just enough to tease, but definately won't please :good:

Adam Scott won the Players dude..................................

An unprecedented 8 European Order of Merit titles, 40 professional victories (including 31 Euro Tour wins) and 10 Top 10 finishes in Majors - including 5 second place finishes.

He never was all that long.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

To be fair, his swing isn't the prettiest, but he's a hugely talented player. A great ballstriker which, coupled with solid course management, and an occasionally decent turn of putting hae led to great sucess over the last nigh-on 20 years. I think his attitude has been the missing piece of the puzzle for most of his career and has undoubtedly held him back to some degree.

His lack of a major championship is bit of a black mark against his name, but the fact he's been so close, so often, is testament to his skills and his record otherwise suggests that he's a player who can get the job done and win. Yes there's an empty space on the mantle where that US Open trophy should be, but, if we're honest, who'd rather have Andy North's career than Montgomerie's?

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

PGA - Adam Scott. I love him, but he needs to be more consistent.

LPGA - Gulbis - honestly, other than the sex appeal, what has she done? oh that's right, one win.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

To be fair, his swing isn't the prettiest, but he's a hugely talented player. A great ballstriker which, coupled with solid course management, and an occasionally decent turn of putting hae led to great sucess over the last nigh-on 20 years. I think his attitude has been the missing piece of the puzzle for most of his career and has undoubtedly held him back to some degree.

His lack of a major championship is bit of a black mark against his name, but the fact he's been so close, so often, is testament to his skills and his record otherwise suggests that he's a player who can get the job done and win. Yes there's an empty space on the mantle where that US Open trophy should be, but, if we're honest, who'd rather have Andy North's career than Montgomerie's?

I don't think Colin is overrated at all. His Ryder cup record is insane.

He just blew it at the majors.

You know what, I don't think Monty had much of a chance over here because of the way he was treated by we Americans. How would anyone compete at even their own club championship while people were calling them names, and doing the same to their family in the galleries... I would have been absolutely miserable if I had to play golf under the circumstances in which he was forced to compete.

I know, some of you are going to say he brought it on himself, I'm not buying it. He was just a strong competitor much like Gary Player.

Sorry guys, but it's true. I saw it for myself at Augusta in 1996, and every other professional tournament I have attended. Monty was a complete gentleman, and they way he was being treated embarrassed me to be an American.

Blast away, but that is how I feel...

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

glad you posted Montys career Mat his Ryder Cup record alone proves he is not over rated

It's tough to classify someone as overrated especially since we are in the "Tiger" era of golf. It seems every up and coming 20 something is going to dethrone him and when it doesn't happen he's classified as overrated. Hypothetically speaking, if you took Tiger out of the equation a lot of the players mentioned have had pretty good careers. But that's not reality so we label them overrated. I classify someone "overrated" as someone who gets a lot of publicity but no wins. So by my definition it would be Villegas. That doesn't mean I don't think he's a good player. He'll get his wins soon enough I think.

As far as the LPGA is concerned Wie isn't even on the tour, so I guess she doesn't count, but I still think she gets too much publicity, so I would classify her as overrated. Again though she is young and is now only a freshman in college. Give her time to heal and get better.

Adam Scott won the Players dude..................................

I Know and what else..............................

He was billed as the next best thing to halt Tiger.

Coached by Butch

Played Tigers irons

Swing is like Tigers

Played Tigers Balls..............Dude

Another one I think is over rated is Justin Rose. Kid has a good swing, but never seems to close the deal. Yet every time he shoots a good number in the first round, they have him winning 10 majors, then he goes 80-80 on the weekend to finish 50th. Anybody remember a few years back when he was leading the Masters after a few rounds? Everyone in the media was chalking it up as a win for him and he goes out and shoots 81.

Yeah great shout that one mate,think he had the second or third best finishes in all the combind majors what a shocking year he has had lol.