Jeans on the Golf Course - Yay or Nay?

It appears to me that even though the poll pretty clearly indicates that most people choose not to wear jeans on the course (which is perfectly fine), no one has really been able to make a definitive argument why it so terrible. Lots of opinions (some very well thought out and put to words), but more name calling and catorgizing than anything else.

Just my opinion, but the "wearers" are winning the logical thinking arguments while losing the poll.:russian_roulette: (But that's just my opinion).

Ok, I'm off to Wal-Mart to hang with my people.:drinks:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1303417262' post='3174517']
[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1303413355' post='3174364']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1303411707' post='3174281']
Last season, I played a local course which is public, municipal, and the dress code is pretty relaxed. I was paired with an old guy, musta been 70 years old. His garb?
Khaki pants and a blue polo. Well, kinda Khaki pants and a formerly blue polo. The sweat stains from years of use had discolored the shirt to a brownish pink tinge and the khakis appeared to have at least 3 meals on them. Both top and bottoms tended not to move much as they had taken on a stiffness that would stand them up in a corner by themselves.

In compliance? You bet! Did I ditch him at the turn? You bet!
Was I wearing clean jeans, shirt, shoes, hat, etc and had showered, brushed/flossed, etc? YES!

THIS is a real-life example.

In other words, be careful what you ask for. People can still manage to make a mess of it.
[/quote]

It's a sad, sad day when one feels the need to belittle somebody in the hope of rising in someone else's esteem!

Talk about respect for elders....and what they could have done for you in their lifetime.
[/quote]
Belittle? Look, when you can't stand downwind of someone because they smell of 6 day old B.O. so bad and their clothes are a mess, I'm sorry if I don't hold them in high regard. I wrote that in a semi-jocular manner to point out that even when people are in compliance with stated "standards" it can still leave one out of compliance with what is considered self respect for yourself and others in the way you present yourself. I've taken the minority position this entire "debate" and defended peoples' right to choose provided they are within acceptable parameters outlined by the course, and took exception to people likening jeans-wearers to those featured on the "people of Walmart" web site. Sorry, body funk doesn't have a place for reverence in my existence, and I doubt anyone else here wants to be paired with some dirty old man. Dirt is avoidable. Stink is avoidable. Maybe you can't afford the best golf clothes, but they can be CLEAN. I would have been fine with him in swim trunks and a t-shirt if they were clean!! He also walked (very slowly) and probably should have taken a cart. He held up the entire group.

Dismount your soapbox, please. My real-life example was to counter the contention that "respect" and any other notion of what is acceptable is directly tied to the TYPE of clothing you wear, and to show that being in compliance can still leave MUCH to be desired. At least it is a real life example and not some far-flung drivel made up. I'll play with ANYONE and do so almost every weekend. I just don't like smelly, dirty people. I used to work downtown MPLS/St Paul for the utility company and dealt with lots of dirty people there. It's just an observation and statement of fact. Notice I did not say anything about the TYPE of person he was? Do you like dirty people, no matter their age? I look forward to that response.
[/quote]

And now: "he held up the entire group"?
You ditched him at the turn? Did THEY ditch him too? There's NO mention of anybody else in your "group"!
If the stench was so bad, why did you tee off with him in the first place....I know, the wind was at your back :cheesy: !

Quite a coincidence that something that hard to believe actually happened to you, of ALL PEOPLE! Sounds more like a Hollywood scenario to me.

People are playing in compliance with stated "standards", do you mean YOUR standards? When I look at the poll results, it seems very clear: >80% [i]vs <20%.

[/i]The "people of Walmart" entered in this thread is not singleling anybody out and, I haven't come across any of them on a golf course. Then again, I don't have that much experience, I've only been playing +200 games/yr in the last six years.

And guess what! You gave too many details about that elderly person to convince me that there is any thruth to your story. You sound more like someone exasperated to prove a point at all cost.

You like to wear jeans to the course, I don't, we can agree to disagree without pointing the finger at a defenceless older man.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='jj9000' timestamp='1303423075' post='3174763']
[quote name='madbrad' timestamp='1303418338' post='3174562']
It has nothing to do with tolerance. It has everything to do with the OWNERS of golf courses wanting the place to look nice and everyone to be presentable while on property. If they decide no denim is allowed then those are the damn rules. If you want to play on the course you follow the dress code. If you don't want to get a speeding ticket then don't speed. If you want to play Augusta don't have a v a g i n a...
[/quote]

I read this post and I thought "wow", really. Then I looked at who posted it and I literally laughed out loud.

Seriously man, this post is coming from the same guy who got his Victoria's Secret panties bunched up because Golfsmith didn't coddle him like a baby while he was using their demo bay for a free 30 minute range session?

[b]This is beautifully ironic.
[/b]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/465140-golfsmith-customer-service/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...stomer-service/[/url]

Get real dude.
[/quote]

First ...... :cheesy:

Second.. whats "avagina"?

[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1303422464' post='3174746']
Last season, I played a local course which is public, municipal, and the dress code is pretty relaxed. I was paired with an old guy, musta been 70 years old. His garb?
Khaki pants and a blue polo. Well, kinda Khaki pants and a formerly blue polo. The sweat stains from years of use had discolored the shirt to a brownish pink tinge and the khakis appeared to have at least 3 meals on them. Both top and bottoms tended not to move much as they had taken on a stiffness that would stand them up in a corner by themselves.

Was I wearing clean jeans, shirt, shoes, hat, etc and had showered, brushed/flossed, etc? YES!

In other words, be careful what you ask for. People can still manage to make a mess of it.
[/quote]

It's a sad, sad day when one feels the need to belittle somebody in the hope of rising in someone else's esteem!

Talk about respect for elders....and what they could have done for you in their lifetime.
[/quote]
Belittle? Look, when you can't stand downwind of someone because they smell of 6 day old B.O. so bad and their clothes are a mess, I'm sorry if I don't hold them in high regard. I wrote that in a semi-jocular manner to point out that even when people are in compliance with stated "standards" it can still leave one out of compliance with what is considered self respect for yourself and others in the way you present yourself. I've taken the minority position this entire "debate" and defended peoples' right to choose provided they are within acceptable parameters outlined by the course, and took exception to people likening jeans-wearers to those featured on the "people of Walmart" web site. Sorry, body funk doesn't have a place for reverence in my existence, and I doubt anyone else here wants to be paired with some dirty old man. Dirt is avoidable. Stink is avoidable. Maybe you can't afford the best golf clothes, but they can be CLEAN. I would have been fine with him in swim trunks and a t-shirt if they were clean!! He also walked (very slowly) and probably should have taken a cart. He held up the entire group.

Dismount your soapbox, please. My real-life example was to counter the contention that "respect" and any other notion of what is acceptable is directly tied to the TYPE of clothing you wear, and to show that being in compliance can still leave MUCH to be desired. At least it is a real life example and not some far-flung drivel made up. I'll play with ANYONE and do so almost every weekend. I just don't like smelly, dirty people. I used to work downtown MPLS/St Paul for the utility company and dealt with lots of dirty people there. It's just an observation and statement of fact. Notice I did not say anything about the TYPE of person he was? Do you like dirty people, no matter their age? I look forward to that response.
[/quote]

You ditched him at the turn? Did THEY ditch him too? There's NO mention of anybody else in your "group"!
If the stench was so bad, why did you tee off with him in the first place....I know, the wind was at your back :cheesy: !

Quite a coincidence that something that hard to believe actually happened to you, of ALL PEOPLE! Sounds more like a Hollywood scenario to me.

People are playing in compliance with stated "standards", do you mean YOUR standards? When I look at the poll results, it seems very clear: >80% [i]vs <20%.

[/i]The "people of Walmart" entered in this thread is not singleling anybody out and, I haven't come across any of them on a golf course. Then again, I don't have that much experience, I've only been playing +200 games/yr in the last six years.

And guess what! You gave too many details about that elderly person to convince me that there is any thruth to your story. You sound more like someone exasperated to prove a point at all cost.

You like to wear jeans to the course, I don't, we can agree to disagree without pointing the finger at a defenceless older man.
[/quote]
Yes, he held up the group? I didn't include that in the original post as it did not relate to anything dress related. Yes, the other two people in the group and I left him behind at the turn. He went in to get food/drink/whatever and told us to go ahead without him and we GLADLY did. He STUNK! And he walked really slow, but that doesn't have much to do with his clothing. It is rude, in my opinion, to show up stinking AND walk so slowly you slow the pace of play for the entire group. Please, again, make some compelling arguments against that.

Your reading comprehension is off, as in the post you are berating me over, I have explained I took up the minority position (jeans wearers.) I am a jeans wearer, so chastise me all you want. And perhaps the details of the situation are so detailed because it DID happen and they are easy to recall and I have a grasp of the English language? Sheesh. Yeah, dirty old man golf conspiracy theories. Give me a break. It's called playing the muni. I've seen a lot of things at the muni. That would be a good thread all its own. And I don't give a rats what YOU or anyone else wears. If you are clean and friendly, good enough for me. "Defenseless old man." Wha??? He's out playing GOLF walking the course. I didn't beat him or steal his clubs?? I was perfectly cordial to him until we parted ways. You weren't there, yet you were. I've played golf with members here and I'm sure they'd tell you I'm anything less than a monster. LOL!

I am by no means a 'traditionalist'. I love seeing the crazy colors of the young guys on tour, like Ricky Fowler. I think it brings a much needed dash of 'excitement' to the game. But jeans are a no-no, as are non-collared shirts (excluding mocks, and possibly t-shirts under a windbreaker - because who'd even know?). It drives me freakin' insane when I'll make a tee time for myself and my father-in-law, and he'll ask if I know if the course requires a collared shirt. Seriously now, just wear a polo. It's not like he doesn't have any, but what if it wasn't 'required'? Would he just wear the tee that he wore to bed? Have a LITTLE class.

I'm a young guy (28), but even I can appreciate dressing appropriately. Nobody said you have to dress in expensive clothes, just dress nicely.

It's the same as t-shirt, sweatshorts, and socks/sandals guy at Target on a weekend. Have some self-respect.

It has nothing to do with tolerance. It has everything to do with the OWNERS of golf courses wanting the place to look nice and everyone to be presentable while on property. If they decide no denim is allowed then those are the damn rules. If you want to play on the course you follow the dress code. If you don't want to get a speeding ticket then don't speed. If you want to play Augusta don't have a v a g i n a...
[/quote]

I read this post and I thought "wow", really. Then I looked at who posted it and I literally laughed out loud.

Seriously man, this post is coming from the same guy who got his Victoria's Secret panties bunched up because Golfsmith didn't coddle him like a baby while he was using their demo bay for a free 30 minute range session?

[/b]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/465140-golfsmith-customer-service/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...stomer-service/[/url]

Get real dude.
[/quote]

Nice memory. Shouldn't you be coddling your own testicles at a football game and worshiping a collie?

Or the latest thing in College station is the world's largest spooning party. I'm sure you've already reserved space since it's the latest "tradition" for you

Also...Sorry, I'm not glued to the internet like you obviously are and have memorized what every person has said in the jeans thread. Sounds like you need to get a life LOL

[quote name='jswaykos' timestamp='1303425142' post='3174856']
I am by no means a 'traditionalist'. I love seeing the crazy colors of the young guys on tour, like Ricky Fowler. I think it brings a much needed dash of 'excitement' to the game. But jeans are a no-no, as are non-collared shirts (excluding mocks, and possibly t-shirts under a windbreaker - because who'd even know?). It drives me freakin' insane when I'll make a tee time for myself and my father-in-law, and he'll ask if I know if the course requires a collared shirt. Seriously now, just wear a polo. It's not like he doesn't have any,[b] but what if it wasn't 'required'? Would he just wear the tee that he wore to bed? Have a LITTLE class.

[/b]I'm a young guy (28), but even I can appreciate dressing appropriately. Nobody said you have to dress in expensive clothes, just dress nicely.

It's the same as t-shirt, sweatshorts, and socks/sandals guy at Target on a weekend. Have some self-respect.
[/quote]

And would you think less of him if he did show dressed in a way you deem classless. Does it make that much difference to you what your father in law is wearing? I've seen my FIL play (albeit 25 years ago)without a shirt on. Would I do it, no. But you know what, I know how much he's done for my family and I realize that that is really a small thing to worry about.

And I go to Target...oops, I'm a Wal-Marter, I almost forgot in sandals, shorts and a t-shirt. I've found out that I respect myself equally wether I'm wearing that or a three piece suit. It's the same guy inside.

[quote name='SOONERMAGIC' timestamp='1303423315' post='3174773']
[/quote]

[/b]

Get real dude.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look between your legs and you'll see

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1303424226' post='3174820']
[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1303422464' post='3174746']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes, he held up the group? I didn't include that in the original post as it did not relate to anything dress related. Yes, the other two people in the group and I left him behind at the turn. He went in to get food/drink/whatever and told us to go ahead without him and we GLADLY did. He STUNK! And he walked really slow, but that doesn't have much to do with his clothing. It is rude, in my opinion, to show up stinking AND walk so slowly you slow the pace of play for the entire group. Please, again, make some compelling arguments against that.

Your reading comprehension is off, as in the post you are berating me over, I have explained I took up the minority position (jeans wearers.) I am a jeans wearer, so chastise me all you want. And perhaps the details of the situation are so detailed because it DID happen and they are easy to recall and I have a grasp of the English language? Sheesh. Yeah, dirty old man golf conspiracy theories. Give me a break. It's called playing the muni. I've seen a lot of things at the muni. That would be a good thread all its own. And I don't give a rats what YOU or anyone else wears. If you are clean and friendly, good enough for me. "Defenseless old man." Wha??? He's out playing GOLF walking the course. I didn't beat him or steal his clubs?? I was perfectly cordial to him until we parted ways. You weren't there, yet you were. I've played golf with members here and I'm sure they'd tell you I'm anything less than a monster. LOL!
[/quote]

He went in to get food/drink/whatever and TOLD US TO GO AHEAD....So, he ditched YOU, not the other way around as you describe with the "panache" of someone atop something much higher than a "soapbox".

Was he not in the clubhouse when he paid for his greenfee? Was he standing downwind there too? And, he went back in after the first nine...Maybe they had all the windows open by then :cheesy:

Next, you're going to tell me that you spoke to other members after your round and they told you that they had to evict him because of the stench :diablo: . Yet, he seems to know his way around. Go figure!

See where I'm going with this? You're making this up as you go along. Hard for me to believe any of it....Pants standing up on their own? Give me a break!

You were "pefectly cordial" on the course, you should have extended that courtesy to the forum instead of bashing on someone who isn't here to defend himself although, I seriously doubt that he would waste his time left on this earth to even care about you.

My position remains: "We can agree to disagree" without pointing the finger at ANYONE" to gain make believe leverage.

AVAGINA is a type of "muffin top" jeans worn on the course by Anorexia wannabe's! :cheesy:

[size=2]What we’ve got here is pretty much the same folks making the same arguments on both sides. It doesn’t appear that anybody has, or will change their mind. Basically three camps on this:[/size]

[size=2] 1. The “I don’t wear jeans and you shouldn’t be allowed to wear them either. Even if they are allowed by the course” group. I admire the passion for the issue in this group but not the insults and condescension from a few. Comments like low rent, people of WalMart, insulting to others, hillbilly, rude, and classless. Defending your position through these insults does nothing but enhance the perception that golfers are elitist snobs. This group wants to dictate the rules of dress, regardless of the actual rules. The arguments on this side center around tradition and respect for the game. What really is “traditional” at this point? Virtually everything worn by the professional golfer nowadays would be considered non-traditional at some point. In my opinion, respect for the game speaks to how you play the game, and treat the course and your fellow competitors. I can understand how some folks strongly view how you dress as part of respect for the game and how important it is. In my opinion it’s a weak argument. It is not supported by [b]rules and guidelines,[/b] but personal biases and expectations (as stated by mr_divots in a previous post).[/size]

[size=2]2. The “I don’t wear jeans but if they are allowed I don’t have a problem with it” group. These folks make valid points about comfort and personal preferences but take a “live and let live” approach, and the[/size]

[size=2][/size] [size=2]3. “I occasionally wear jeans because there are times when I believe them to be acceptable” group. This group throws out the occasional insulting comment of uppity and snobbish, usually in response to a post with one of the above comments. The argument on this side is if the rules of golf and the course have not deemed jeans to be inappropriate then they should be acceptable. Neither of these two groups is advocating that they should be allowed to wear jeans if the course prohibits them.[/size] [size=2]I respect well reasoned arguments on both sides. I don’t respect name calling on either side. Personally, as always, I will follow the rules of golf and of the course establishment and comport myself with respect for the game, the course and my fellow golfers. Nothing more or nothing less should be expected. If what I wear is deemed appropriate by the course establishment and the rules of golf, and that should be good enough. You may not like it but that’s the way it is. If we want it to be something different we should change the rules. I think I’m done now.[/size]

[quote name='mdgboxx' timestamp='1303429811' post='3175063']

[/quote]
1. No, I think he could tell he was holding us up.
2. No, I didn't see him pay his green fee. I played as a single that day, got paired with the twosome, and this guy walked up afterward.
3. He didn't stink so badly at first, but as the heat of the early spring day increased, so too did his personal "aroma."
4. No, the twosome and I didn't have any conspirital pow-wows in the fairway. When the guy said go ahead, the words "good" and "he was really slow" did exit their mouths, however, and we collectively agreed we were glad to dump the dead weight at the turn. And we all agreed he was getting more ripe as it was getting warmer out.
5. Ironic someone is telling me I have no respect, yada yada, [i]as you call me a bald-faced liar.[/i]

The point was not to "belittle" anyone. (And had I made no mention of his age, it wouldn't be the issue you are now making it into with the "poor old man" nonsense.)
[b]It was to show a scenario in which someone fully complied with what everyone is describing as "proper golf attire," and how disparate that reality can be even when someone, by all rules and definitions here, is in compliance.[/b]

Now, either I have the most over-active imagination ever, or I am relaying an actual event. You are obviously having more fun with your fantasy scenario of me being a HORRIBLE person, so have fun with your erroneous assumptions and wild fantasies. Or go play a muni, like I do all the time, and see for yourself the kinds of interesting things you run across.

When I was a kid or H.S., if there was a classroom bully picking on someone, I went to their defense. That has never left me, and I liken some of the jeans comments exhibited here as elitist and it sets something off in me that puts me into defense mode. I don't like elitism. Anyone that knows me knows that. Would I be at the muni willingly playing with anyone (within reason, this was an exception) if I were an elitist? No.

[quote name='nickdanger' timestamp='1303431278' post='3175129']
[size=2]What we’ve got here is pretty much the same folks making the same arguments on both sides. It doesn’t appear that anybody has, or will change their mind. Basically three camps on this:[/size]

[size=2] 1. The “I don’t wear jeans and you shouldn’t be allowed to wear them either. Even if they are allowed by the course” group. I admire the passion for the issue in this group but not the insults and condescension from a few. Comments like low rent, people of WalMart, insulting to others, hillbilly, rude, and classless. Defending your position through these insults does nothing but enhance the perception that golfers are elitist snobs. This group wants to dictate the rules of dress, regardless of the actual rules. The arguments on this side center around tradition and respect for the game. What really is “traditional” at this point? Virtually everything worn by the professional golfer nowadays would be considered non-traditional at some point. In my opinion, respect for the game speaks to how you play the game, and treat the course and your fellow competitors. I can understand how some folks strongly view how you dress as part of respect for the game and how important it is. In my opinion it’s a weak argument. It is not supported by [b]rules and guidelines,[/b] but personal biases and expectations (as stated by mr_divots in a previous post).[/size]

[size=2]2. The “I don’t wear jeans but if they are allowed I don’t have a problem with it” group. These folks make valid points about comfort and personal preferences but take a “live and let live” approach, and the[/size]

[size=2][/size] [size=2]3. “I occasionally wear jeans because there are times when I believe them to be acceptable” group. This group throws out the occasional insulting comment of uppity and snobbish, usually in response to a post with one of the above comments. The argument on this side is if the rules of golf and the course have not deemed jeans to be inappropriate then they should be acceptable. Neither of these two groups is advocating that they should be allowed to wear jeans if the course prohibits them.[/size] [size=2]I respect well reasoned arguments on both sides. I don’t respect name calling on either side. Personally, as always, I will follow the rules of golf and of the course establishment and comport myself with respect for the game, the course and my fellow golfers. Nothing more or nothing less should be expected. If what I wear is deemed appropriate by the course establishment and the rules of golf, and that should be good enough. You may not like it but that’s the way it is. If we want it to be something different we should change the rules. I think I’m done now.[/size]
[/quote]
Succinctly and eloquently stated. Thank you.

Jean Teamers = dog track

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Still I have a difficult time understanding how a pair of $9.99 K-Mart slacks look better than some $300 Citizen of Humanity of Gucci Genius $3100 jeans (yes, that's the number)... Money says nothing about how something would look on you but, come on... $9.99 K-mart Khakis looking better? seriously?

...oh! and for the guy thinking about using a "sombrero" for the course, it is just to heavy to carry hahahahaha

This is the hat I wear for golf, the exact same hat with the difference mine has funny straw things hangingromt he wing's end, and yes, it is accepted in the Royal NSW Golf Course, one of the most prestigious and "traditional" courses in Australia. Would you consider then the stupid people down under have no idea what having class means and we are just a bunch of "southern red-necks" who surely will present themselves to a job interview with a sleeveless shirt, jean shorts and cowboy boots?

9202471BYELC-BILLABONG-1.JPG

[quote name='xamilo' timestamp='1303449732' post='3175930']
This is the hat I wear for golf, the exact same hat with the difference mine has funny straw things hangingromt he wing's end, and yes, it is accepted in the Royal NSW Golf Course, one of the most prestigious and "traditional" courses in Australia. Would you consider then the stupid people down under have no idea what having class means and we are just a bunch of "southern red-necks" who surely will present themselves to a job interview with a sleeveless shirt, jean shorts and cowboy boots?

[/quote]

Kindly point me to my post where I have said people are, as you so eloquently put it, ""southern red-necks" who surely will present themselves to a job interview with a sleeveless shirt, jean shorts and cowboy boots". Kthanxbai

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I don't know, jeans and golf just never go together in my mind, unless it's the driving range. It's not the hard to just wear khakis, or a pair of corduroys.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='GooseHook' timestamp='1303480461' post='3176224']
I don't know, jeans and golf just never go together in my mind, unless it's the driving range. It's not the hard to just wear khakis, or a pair of corduroys.

[/quote]

It's not that hard to just allow other people to wear what makes [i]them [/i]comfortable either...

[quote name='madbrad' timestamp='1303426782' post='3174932']
[quote name='SOONERMAGIC' timestamp='1303423315' post='3174773']
[/quote]

[/b]

Get real dude.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look between your legs and you'll see
[/quote]

Calling it now....

Madbrad will be the source of tons of forum entertainment in the next year....

If there is a watch feature, make sure you watch Madbrad... he's makin moved folks....

Boomer

[quote name='Go_Blue!' timestamp='1303497959' post='3176997']
Jeans=trailer park feel for golf.....don't do it.
[/quote]

Watch what you say Blue. People on these boards don't take kindly to us 'elitists' saying anything bad about people wearing jeans on the course. Apparently everyone wears $300+ designer jeans when they go golfing. Nope. No ripped, torn or tattered jeans in these parts.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

[quote name='Shipwreck' timestamp='1303523112' post='3178069']
[quote name='Go_Blue!' timestamp='1303497959' post='3176997']
[b][size="4"]Jeans=trailer park feel for golf[/size][/b].....don't do it.
[/quote]

Watch what you say Blue. People on these boards don't take kindly to us 'elitists' saying anything bad about people wearing jeans on the course. Apparently everyone wears $300+ designer jeans when they go golfing. Nope. No ripped, torn or tattered jeans in these parts.
[/quote]

Shipwreck, don't you see the issue here, it's gotten to be the crux of this entire argument. Statements like that DO make your side sound like eliteist snobs. You've come on here and at least posted well thought out opinions about this topic without the belittling remarks. But then another one of these posts come up. Lets see, we've been called hillbillies, rednecks, trailer-trash, filth (my particular favorite) and "people of Wal-Mart". For such a serious transgression, wearing jeans to play golf.

I do love this thread, but it's even getting to be bit much for me. Someone up above really hit the nail on the head with the three different "camps". Obviously, no one is going to change anyone else's mind, but I sure hope that some of the people that have posted here are not really as narrow minded as their posts lead to believe.

I haven't read the first 30+ pages worth of posts but my opinion is this....

Golf is expensive enough as it is. Requiring newcomers to the game to purchase khaki's and polos in order to go out and pay another 40+ dollars to play a round of golf seems kind of crazy to me. Granted, most people, i would assume, have some decent pants or shorts and a polo already that they could throw on but if they don't, and they want to go play a round of golf with jeans and a t-shirt, more power to 'em. Frankly, I've seen some guys out on the course with khaki's and one of those shirts I would classify as a "Fathers Day Shirt" that they feel obligated to wear because their kid got it for them and they just look ridiculous. But they had that polo and raggedy khaki's on. Is that any better than someone that is wearing jeans and/or a t-shirt? Who cares.

I personnaly don't wear jeans when I play just for comfort reasons. There's a lot more "SWASS" generated when wearing jeans so I'm typically in cargo shorts or pants. Yeah, I wear cargo pants and I don't care if their out of style....I make them look good!!!! Ha.

I was dressed pretty nicely for my round today. Very cool at 48 degrees and a wind out of the NW at about 10 MPH. I had dress style pants with UA Heat/Cool? gear under. The 2 guys I played with had jeans and hoodies on. We had a good time despite the very coolish temps, (and their outfits, the horror!!) As I scanned the course, I saw about 80% of folks wearing jeans. I think this is highly regional. No one seems to think a thing of it up here as its just seen as a way to dress for the conditions, and we just want to wear shorts at some point this year anyway! ha ha! This course happens to allow it. The owners of the course usually wear jeans as well. It's just relaxed. People seem to like that, and I haven't seen anything garish despite the relaxed atmosphere.
The guys had perfect etiquette and were nice people, and we played in about 3h and 45 minutes. A good day.