Jeans on the Golf Course - Yay or Nay?

[quote name='atburbach' timestamp='1362874044' post='6580073']
Most of the time I wear nicer dress pants. Mostly because I have them, and I like to look sharp on the course. There are weekdays where I'll join some friends at a cheaper course for 9 holes where I may wear jeans, with a collar shirt. These are courses where I'll mostly see jeans tee-ing it up. Also if its spring and I know the course is going to be sloppy and wet I will wear jeans. Why ruin a nice pair of pants for 9 holes on a tuesday? On the weekend where I have time and golf nicer courses I always wear dress pants, and look as sharp as possible.
P.S. I'd rather be caught wearing jeans on the tour, then cargo pants anywhere in public!!
[/quote]

Maybe someone can explain this to me...

A lot of people talk about wearing jeans when the conditions are bad, but denim is the WORST possible material when the conditions are wet and/or sloppy. Denim is the worst moisture wicking material out there and when they get wet they stay wet. When they get wet, they get heavy. Because they stay wet, they get cold. They don't promote athletic movements because denim is tough and doesn't stretch. Why not go buy a $20 pair of performance golf pants at TJ Maxx that stay dry, are warm, and are elastic?

I play at a place that doesn't allow jeans on the grounds, yet I have zero issue with people wearing jeans on courses that allow them. Please, wear whatever you want if it's allowed...but jeans are HORRIBLE when it's sloppy out.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='cdnrockies' timestamp='1362884232' post='6581043']
I'm frankly stunned that there are 65 pages on this discussion. It clearly isn't the norm, as evidenced by the poll. The vast majority of the courses that I have ever played, anywhere...do not even allow jeans on the course.
[/quote]

It's regional, which as an Albertan you already know.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

[quote name='supergolfdude' timestamp='1362972651' post='6587147']
The best news for this topic is that somebody started one called "What Hair Products Do You Use?", so this one is no longer the gayest topic in history.
[/quote]
Check out --- Do Men Still Wear Cologne---.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='ABgolfer2' timestamp='1362877918' post='6580439']
[quote name='devan' timestamp='1362838008' post='6576759']
I have looked in the mirror and I do not look like these people.
[/quote]

Me either. For one, I have a lot less cameltoe, which is probably what that guy was googling in the first place.
[/quote]

We don't have pron in Singapore, it's about all I can find to jerk off over...

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

Usually, the rare guys I see at the course wearing jeans, are the same ones that show up at a swanky lounge or restaurant in jeans, ball cap on backwards, sneakers, t-shirt. Some men are so lazy in the way they dress. Grow up, have a little fun with your wardrobe. Set your own style.

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

[quote name='Double Mocha Man' timestamp='1363201942' post='6605561']
Usually, the rare guys I see at the course wearing jeans, are the same ones that show up at a swanky lounge or restaurant in jeans, ball cap on backwards, sneakers, t-shirt. Some men are so lazy in the way they dress. Grow up, have a little fun with your wardrobe. Set your own style.
[/quote]

Or simply comfortable and wearing what may be perfectly acceptable at the nice course they happen to play. Try one mocha.

[quote name='devan' timestamp='1363265846' post='6609693']
Do you guys who don' think jeans should be allowed on the golf course wear them to church. At my church only 2 people wear a suit. Most wear jeans. A lot of churches are losing members, but mine is not. They cater to younger people, and they like jeans. By the way I live in the midwest.
[/quote]

Golf isn't losing and/or not gaining people because of this stupid jeans conversation. I've been golfing for 25 years and I have never, ever, ever once heard someone say "man, screw golf...the courses here won't let me wear jeans!".

I live in the midwest (ohio) as well. The nicer public courses do not allow people to wear jeans. Period. Those courses are TWICE as populated as the municipal courses where they allow jeans.

The whole young-people-don't-play-golf-because-you-can't-wear-jeans argument is completely irrelevant.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='devan' timestamp='1363265846' post='6609693']
Do you guys who don' think jeans should be allowed on the golf course wear them to church. At my church only 2 people wear a suit. Most wear jeans. A lot of churches are losing members, but mine is not. They cater to younger people, and they like jeans. By the way I live in the midwest.
[/quote]
My church IS the golf course....

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Don't remember what I said in this silly post that won't die. I have no issues with wearing jeans on a golf course and have many times. Mostly courses that are glorified cow pastures type courses though. I have no problem wearing slacks when at a nicer course either. Shorts at either course too for that matter. If I'm not breaking any rules, then I'll wear whatever I want! It's my money! BTW....Jeans that are torn or ripped I draw the line at....never!

Cleveland Classic 270
R11 3 Wood/Tee XCG-V 5 wood
Ping i20's 3-PW
Vokey 50,54
Tour Issue Ghost Corza
Srixon XV / Volvik /TP-X

• 1 month later...

Joining a Country Club soon, and sooo cannot wait to not have to see people wearing jeans on the course. It looks sloppy. If I ever manage a course I would ask the player to either change or leave the course immediatly. Just plain trashy IMHO. I wear Golf Pants every time I play, have not worn shorts in over two years. I would refuse to play with someone who wears jeans, and anytime I have been forced to in the past, their talent matched the wardrobe.

Just being honest.

**WITB**

PING LST G430 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana PD 60 TX w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black, +1.0*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 - Graphite Design Tour AD 95 Utility w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* - Mitsubishi Diamana TB 70S w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

PING i210 4-PW, UW - Project X LZ 6.0, +3/4 w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

Vokey SM9 Raw 54*/60* - Project X LZ 6.0, +3/4 w/GP NDMC Mid White/Black

Bettinardi DASS Hive Custom SS3 - 37", 68* w/1.5* Loft. Garsen Ultimate

[quote name='jwclubbie' timestamp='1367123820' post='6930559']
Joining a Country Club soon, and sooo cannot wait to not have to see people wearing jeans on the course. It looks sloppy. If I ever manage a course I would ask the player to either change or leave the course immediatly. Just plain trashy IMHO. I wear Golf Pants every time I play, have not worn shorts in over two years. I would refuse to play with someone who wears jeans, and anytime I have been forced to in the past, their talent matched the wardrobe.

Just being honest.
[/quote] I don't mind shorts and on those really hot days it makes sense. However, I don't care how cold it gets or how far out in the country a coarse is.... playing in jeans is just wrong and ignorant.

Titleist 910D2
Titleist 906F4, 910h
Titleist 690 MB 3-PW
Vokey 54, 60
Newport Classic

My father never wore jeans. His pants of choice were his WW2 khakis, and khakis that resembled them. I followed the tradition by almost exclusively wearing khakis since I came out of the service in 1972. The club which I belong allows jeans and many of the younger guys wear them. It's surprising how many women, young and old wear jeans. I only had one pair of jeans in my life, a pair of designers in the 1980's. Horrible, uncomfortable pants.

I can not believe the nasty things you people say about players who wear jeans. First of all there is a difference between jeans with holes paired with wife beater t shirts. The guys I play with wear nice jeans with very nice golf shirts. I have posted several times on this topic,mostly in jest. I belong to a small private course. I play mostly with a group of seniors. On cold days most of these guys wear jeans. This group includes and has included bankers, attorneys, school adminstrators, business men and retired military men. These men served there country with honor. They are not red necks, trailer park trash or any of the terrible things you people have said about them. Most are involved in serving on boards and doing charitable things. If you do not like jeans I get it, but a lot of people do. By the way they do respect the game of golf.