Jeans on the Golf Course - Yay or Nay?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better to be a wanna be than a never was which is what jeans say about you on the course

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1360860003' post='6427977']
I can see wearing them on colder months but not in the summer.
[/quote]

Jeans are actually awful cold-weather clothing. They don't stop wind and they make you cold when they get wet. Wool pants are way way better for cold weather.

How can you people say no?

Did the Nazi's win WW2 or something?

Although it's easier for me to play golf in shorts... who the f cares?!?!?

Srixon Z 785 9.5 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z F85 15 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z U85 18 Steelfiber i110 S
Srixon Z FORGED 3-9 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 46 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 Forged 50 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland RTX4 58 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11S

Bettinardi QB6 DASS High Polish
Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

I just think jeans don't look right on a golf course, but I know you can't stop it. That's why I joined a private club where jeans aren't allowed. Just today I was at the range when a guy came to the range in jeans. A few minutes later, a staff member came out and told him jeans weren't allowed. The guy went to his suv and changed into some slacks.

[quote name='KNGR5150' timestamp='1360951273' post='6434847']
Wow I see this is a never ending thread! I also do not see anything wrong with jeans on the course if they are nice and presentable. I personally hate wearing them when I play,but that is me. Different strokes for different folks!
[/quote]

I have a funny feeling several posters on here think that these are presentable:

[pic]http://asamatterofstyle.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/mom-jeans.jpg[/pic]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

In my opinion jeans feel uncomfortable to play in, and I like to "look like a golfer", so I don't wear them on the golf course. But I don't think it's a big deal what other people wear during a casual round of golf on a public golf course.

Titleist 910D2 9.5* Tour Issue
TEE XCG7 15*
Srixon Z545 4-PW
Vokey SM6 46* 50* 54* 58*
John Byron DaleHead 2

I'll go out in jeans (nice jeans) and my chuck taylors when I jump on the home course after hours. If I am playing a full scheduled round I always dress to the 9's. I don't care what anyone else is wearing and I don't care what someone else thinks about me.

PING G400 LST - Hzrdous Yellow X-Stiff
Titleist 910H (17, 21, 24)
Titleist 718 T-MBs (5 - PW)
Vokey SM7 Jet Blacks (50, 55, 60)
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
Titleist ProV1

I play most of my golf at River Oaks in Grandview, Missouri. We play in jeans. I've seen sweat pants. I've seen hoodies. We play in what is comfortable. If I play a course that has a dress code then I'll have to follow it, when in Rome... But I see nothing wrong with wearing jeans on the course.It is only wrong when the course says you cannot.

[quote name='Hateto3Putt' timestamp='1361015705' post='6438923']
[quote name='racingdc9' timestamp='1361000791' post='6438785']
That's why I joined a private club where jeans aren't allowed.
[/quote]

Really?
[/quote]+2 and exactly what I thought. I joined my club for easier access to tee-times, practice facility, and the social aspect/organized competitions. I really do not look at what people are wearing. Bottom line is, even public courses have the right to set a dress code, and it is our responsibility as golfers to follow said codes. IE -- I sometimes wear a ball-cap out to eat, but more formal places/even a chain likes Houston's, ask that gentleman remove their caps. So you remove your cap. Bottom line for golf if you want to be safe, call ahead and/or always wear a collared shirt tucked (I love untucked, but now tuck at the club), a belt, shorts that meet the knew not below and not well above, no jeans of any type, no cargos, and nothing sleeveless or mock (unless cold weather), and you will be fine.

[quote name='mikec3672' timestamp='1361828491' post='6501309']
[/quote]

Really?
[/quote]+2 and exactly what I thought. I joined my club for easier access to tee-times, practice facility, and the social aspect/organized competitions. I really do not look at what people are wearing. Bottom line is, even public courses have the right to set a dress code, and it is our responsibility as golfers to follow said codes. IE -- I sometimes wear a ball-cap out to eat, but more formal places/even a chain likes Houston's, ask that gentleman remove their caps. So you remove your cap. Bottom line for golf if you want to be safe, call ahead and/or always wear a collared shirt tucked (I love untucked, but now tuck at the club), a belt, shorts that meet the knew not below and not well above, no jeans of any type, no cargos, and nothing sleeveless or mock (unless cold weather), and you will be fine.
[/quote]Unless you own your own course, then you wear whatever the heck you want :-)!

[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1362400771' post='6543455']
Is the obligatory "wife beater" shirt OK to wear with the jeans?
[/quote]

Only if it has the matching beer stains on it.

I love wearing jeans and I wear jeans to the driving range.

On the golf course I always wear slacks and a collared shirt. I think it really depends on what course you are playing.

If I'm playing a public course that I paid <$30 to play then I expect to see jeans on the course. If I'm playing at a higher end course I expect everyone to dress nicely. At the same time I don't really care and would never act differently to someone wearing jeans.

[quote name='mikec3672' timestamp='1361828491' post='6501309']
[/quote]

Really?
[/quote]
Wow, thanks for the lessons on how to dress. You left out how to dress while you mow a yard. Yeah, I know, you have a lawn service, so do I but only because I don't know how to dress for the occasion.

I'll bet you could be a wedding planner if you wanted. One thing I'm wondering about,
is it in fashion when at the "club" to wear a cute little sweater draped across your back like Arnie? Would it still be appropriate at Houstons? Seriously,all you arrogant, pompous and metrosexual (at best) people need to lighten up. You're on a golf course not meeting with a CEO. True, private courses can do whatever they want but public courses not so much. It's no wonder the game is losing players.
I love the people that say "at least I want to look like a golfer"! Guess what, I wear slacks at times and jeans at time and I can't tell the difference in my game. Bottom line, don't judge who's a good golfer versus a bad golfer or their social standing by what they wear.

wow, i cant believe this thread got 64 pages long. i agree the way you dress has no effect on the way you golf. private clubs can do as they wish but i sometimes where jeans and a t shirt to the public muni courses. if its an upscale public course i do wear proper clothing otherwise you will get turned away and i would hate to get turned away and all but i dont see what difference it makes when all some people wanna do is enjoy a round of golf. i understand courses dont want guys running around shirtless and all and that is fine and much appreciated but jeans and a t shirt doesnt hurt anything or anyone on the course.

G25 10.5 kiyoshi purple 75
G25 3w kiyoshi purple 85
G25 5w kiyoshi purple 85
S55 3-p kbs tour
52/58 anser kbs tour
Golo 7 cb

Since I'm new I might as well keep the thread going. I practice at a decidedly downscale natural grass range where, when it's cold enough, 75% of the people will be wearing jeans (this is Texas, after all). When playing, though, I dress for the course that I'm playing. I don't usually wear jeans on the course, though, preferring shorts 8-9 months of the year or khakis when it's a little colder. If it's cold enough, though, I'm not averse to wearing jeans if I'm at the right public course, since I wear jeans in my spare time.

Wow I see this is a never ending thread! I also do not see anything wrong with jeans on the course if they are nice and presentable. I personally hate wearing them when I play,but that is me. Different strokes for different folks!

I have a funny feeling several posters on here think that these are presentable:

mom-jeans.jpg

2 things from me.

i am against the golfers wearing jeans on the course but i guess people can wear whatever they want as long as it's not against the club rules.

i rarely see golfers wearing jeans around here whether it's private or public (north new jersey).

and i had to quote bingo1976's post because most golfers in jeans look like the ones in the pictures.

if one doesnt think he (or she) absolutely does not look like those in the above pictures, he may want to put on the jeans and check himself in the mirror.

when I was younger I use to wear jeans, but now I were POLO Chinos and they feel great. I would never were jeans on course ever again. It just doesn't seem right.

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Most of the time I wear nicer dress pants. Mostly because I have them, and I like to look sharp on the course. There are weekdays where I'll join some friends at a cheaper course for 9 holes where I may wear jeans, with a collar shirt. These are courses where I'll mostly see jeans tee-ing it up. Also if its spring and I know the course is going to be sloppy and wet I will wear jeans. Why ruin a nice pair of pants for 9 holes on a tuesday? On the weekend where I have time and golf nicer courses I always wear dress pants, and look as sharp as possible.
P.S. I'd rather be caught wearing jeans on the tour, then cargo pants anywhere in public!!

[quote name='devan' timestamp='1362838008' post='6576759']
I have looked in the mirror and I do not look like these people.
[/quote]

Me either. For one, I have a lot less cameltoe, which is probably what that guy was googling in the first place.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2