Tiger wont beat Jacks 18

AcesAZ

Well, not today anyways...that whole math thing...ya know...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Lets not get crazy. He got beat today. I'm more inclined to think Tiger winning the grand slam next year has become a mission.

SIM 2 Max - Tensei AV Raw Blue 60 Stiff
3W - SIM 15 - Ventus Red Stiff
Srixon ZX 3 19 - Evenflow Riptide 80 Stiff
4-6 Srixon ZX5 Nippon 105 S

7-PW Srixon ZX7  Nippon T120 S
50, 55, 60 Vokey SM8 Nippon 105 S
Scotty Cameron 2.7

[quote name='AcesAZ' post='1891958' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:09 PM']Maybe Tiger wont beat Jacks record after all. Everyone assumes it will happen yet Tiger got shut out this year. He even struggled down the stretch. No longer perfect when leading after 36 and 54 holes. Hes no longer invincible.[/quote]

Relax, like others have said he's 33 plenty of time everyone expects him to win every time he tee's it up. Remember he's a threat when ever he's on Top of a leader board.

[quote name='fua1' post='1892015' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:17 PM']I like Tiger, but it is no longer a lock. Winning Majors is hard. 3 majors is a great career. Tiger has looked human this year. Multiple regular wins and close calls in the majors and this one was a choke job. [u][b]He is becoming Greg Norman.
[/b][/u][/quote]

Oh no you didn't!
How is that even a close comparison?!!

I will now boo you......... BOOOOOOO!

[quote name='littlepingman' post='1891994' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:15 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='1891982' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:13 PM']dude he's what.. 33

I am not even a fan, but it's a lock barring a serious injury[/quote]

Exactly. Another 15 years worth of quality golf left for Tiger. I can't imagine he won't win 4-5 majors in that amount of time.
[/quote]

I still think he will beat Jack's record and will probably pass Jack's victories before he wins his 15 major.. But there is no way he has 15 years of Tiger quality golf left. He has had 4 knee surgeries on the same knee (3 of them major).. He is a physical speciman but does not have the ability to grow a new joint. He will be lucky if he doesn't have replacement knee surgery by the time he is 48.. They might be able to help him extend this knee with synvisc injections but that only lasts 6 months at a time and has some side effedts..

[quote name='fua1' post='1892015' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:17 PM']I like Tiger, but it is no longer a lock. Winning Majors is hard. 3 majors is a great career. Tiger has looked human this year. Multiple regular wins and close calls in the majors and this one was a choke job. He is becoming Greg Norman.[/quote]

A choke job? You can't be serious. It was a tough day out there today. No one broke 70. Yang tied the best score of the day. Tiger got outplayed, plain and simple.

[quote name='sandy' post='1892037' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:23 PM'][quote name='littlepingman' post='1891994' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:15 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='1891982' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:13 PM']dude he's what.. 33

I am not even a fan, but it's a lock barring a serious injury[/quote]

Exactly. Another 15 years worth of quality golf left for Tiger. I can't imagine he won't win 4-5 majors in that amount of time.
[/quote]

I still think he will beat Jack's record and will probably pass Jack's victories before he wins his 15 major.. But there is no way he has 15 years of Tiger quality golf left. He has had 4 knee surgeries on the same knee (3 of them major).. He is a physical speciman but does not have the ability to grow a new joint. He will be lucky if he doesn't have replacement knee surgery by the time he is 48.. They might be able to help him extend this knee with synvisc injections but that only lasts 6 months at a time and has some side effedts..
[/quote]

You're probably right. But even if you concede 10 more years baring further injury its hard to imagine he won't win 4-5 majors in that amount of time.

[quote name='MCCA' post='1892030' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:21 PM'][quote name='AcesAZ' post='1891958' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:09 PM']Maybe Tiger wont beat Jacks record after all. Everyone assumes it will happen yet Tiger got shut out this year. He even struggled down the stretch. No longer perfect when leading after 36 and 54 holes. Hes no longer invincible.[/quote]

Relax, like others have said he's 33 plenty of time everyone expects him to win every time he tee's it up.
[/quote]

EXACTLY.

Even tho, he is the best in the world. Over 70% of the time he plays, he loses. This year he has won 41% of the tournaments he's played. I'd say he will most likely end up beating jack's record.

I would not call his year a complete wash because there was no major win. After coming back from the injury, I'd say he played solid.

ALSO, to all the people saying he should changes coaches.. His swing was good today, however his putter failed him. Something that does not happen often. And he was a little off with distance control on the irons. Probably due to not judging the wind right. Lets make this clear, TIGER GOT BEAT TODAY. He didn't didn't do the things he had to do. Yang had a great day and took it home. Good for him.. Its not like tiger handed him the trophy like P.H did last week.

Just my .02

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='midasmulligan2000' post='1892066' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:27 PM']Wow. Just wow. I had not realized the hatred went this deep.

Tiger played his B- game today. Couldn't sink a putt to save his life. Iron yardages completely off. And still came in second. During any given major, any one of 50 players can get hot for a week. When someone (other than Tiger) can be close to the top, or at the top, week after week, month after month, year after year, then maybe talk about an equal.[/quote]

Now he is only 14 to 15 second place finishes in majors behind Jack.. Jack did the same thing when he had his B- game came in second 19 times.

[quote name='sandy' post='1892088' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:35 PM'][quote name='midasmulligan2000' post='1892066' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:27 PM']Wow. Just wow. I had not realized the hatred went this deep.

Tiger played his B- game today. Couldn't sink a putt to save his life. Iron yardages completely off. And still came in second. During any given major, any one of 50 players can get hot for a week. When someone (other than Tiger) can be close to the top, or at the top, week after week, month after month, year after year, then maybe talk about an equal.[/quote]

Now he is only 14 to 15 second place finishes in majors behind Jack.. Jack did the same thing when he had his B- game came in second 19 times.
[/quote]

Great point. People overlook how many times jack came in second.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

Damn I could have been a rich man right now. I was just saying friday what kind of prop bet I could get in Vegas for tiger to blow it.

But no doubt he will get 18 plus and probably pick up an extra 10 mil. at the end of the year. You take anybody else and put them through the knee operation that Tiger had and they don't sniff a win for at least a year if not more. Els ring a bell.

[quote name='littlepingman' post='1892042' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:24 PM'][quote name='fua1' post='1892015' date='Aug 16 2009, 07:17 PM']I like Tiger, but it is no longer a lock. Winning Majors is hard. 3 majors is a great career. Tiger has looked human this year. Multiple regular wins and close calls in the majors and this one was a choke job. He is becoming Greg Norman.[/quote]

A choke job? You can't be serious. It was a tough day out there today. No one broke 70. Yang tied the best score of the day. Tiger got outplayed, plain and simple.
[/quote]
And Tiger could not break 75. Everyone acts like 4-5 majors over the next ten years will be the low end of what Tiger will do.Can he do it? Of course. But it is no longer a lock. He is looking human in the majors. Golf can get in your head. Tiger now has some negative mojo. It will make next year very interesting. He could come out on fire and make me look like a fool. Or maybe he has peaked in the majors?

This is the problem with teh Internetz. When something happens, people crawl out of the woodwork to take stances to an absolutely absurd conclusion.

I'm no Tiger fan by any measure, but he's gonna win 22-25 majors in all likelihood, unless his knee is totally ruined in a freak injury or rapid arthritic deterioration.

• Sad 1

I just said maybe its not a lock? Point is he maybe wont win another major next year or the year after, maybe he is feeling the pressure too much in the majors being so darn close. Not saying it will happen but there is a chance!!!

Not only that people now know they can beat him from behind. Hes not any longer invincible.