High School Golf Bags

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if any of you guys that played high school golf had team bags.... And if so howd you do it

You don't do anything.

The school should provide the bags for you. The athletic director or coach should have ordered bags.

BUT, if your AD and coach are morons like mine, then you won't get bags.

I was wondering if any of you guys that played high school golf had team bags.... And if so howd you do it

You don't do anything.

The school should provide the bags for you. The athletic director or coach should have ordered bags.

i've got the same problem. at least u have a "coach." my coach is basically a babysitter who just stalls and annoys the crap outta ppl and practically makes us worse by not giving us time to work on our swings or games but instead just quickly warm up and play a quick 9 everyday, not the way to go about winning imo.

You don't do anything.

i've got the same problem. at least u have a "coach." my coach is basically a babysitter who just stalls and annoys the crap outta ppl and practically makes us worse by not giving us time to work on our swings or games but instead just quickly warm up and play a quick 9 everyday, not the way to go about winning imo.

Our coach is the same way, he is only a coach so he can play free golf

You don't do anything.

that sucks, but at least ur coach plays golf!

Well My Coach is the Coach just to play golf NOWS NOTHING and pretty much encourages us to cheat one time he told me that if your hitting the same exact ball number brand and no marking hit them in the same place as a competitior that it would be smart to tell him to go ahead and just "pick" which one is his he gave us some of the dumbest "ADVICE" ever we also had to pay for our shirts and everything else we may be getting new bags this year

We got Hoofers this year actually. Our school colors, purple and gold, along with our names on them. Great part about these bags...didn't pay a dime for them, and we get to keep them. Sweet color scheme is an attention getter on the course. I'll post a pic here after I get my scotty and revamp my WITB, I wanna save the pics of the bag until then.

well the school should provide one for you...but then again that depends on the school itself with funds and such. our team has bags that we lend out each year. their all ping progressively getting better as the years went by. but you can order them from ping with school name and your name and all. i did and it owns. here's my Hoofer Xtreme :kewlpics: :D

TM R9 SuperTri TP 8.5° FujiMotoreF1-S
Ping Isi 3W 15°
Adams Super 17° Voodooo S
Ping i20 4-PW CFS-X
TM TP-Y 52°, Nike Vr 56° 60°
Yes! Madison 34" SS Flatso

I coach a high school team and we just got the brand new Ping Vantage team bags. They have only been out for one month. We had the old Ping hoofer 2 and they were six years old. It was time for new ones. As stated above, your coach or AD should contact your local club that has a Ping account and they can order the bags for you.

You don't do anything.

At least your coach doesn't play golf...if you know what I mean.

You don't do anything.

At least your coach doesn't play golf...if you know what I mean.

My "coach" (or would be coach if I made the team last year) doesn't really play either. She is such a hacker on the course- she played with me and my friend in our group and she slowed everyone down, then she was surprised that it took 3 hours for us to play 9. That day I was so mad at playing so slowly I shot 45, my friend shot 56 (ouch) and she shot (drumroll please) 77! My gym teacher is like a 1 or 2 handicap, but he's busy with track at the the same time. My school doesn't have team bags, team shirts, or balls with the team logo, or hats or anything. We even have to pay for all our rounds.

You don't do anything.

Well my golf coach is basically just a supervisor to watch over us and drive us to matches. He does jack. School does give us ONE Pro V per match what a joke and team shirts....we didnt get shirts until playoffs last year. My coach has been lucky enough to have great players for the last 8 years or so...gong undefeated 6 or 7 of those eight years. With kids playing for campbell and East Tenn State. We take it upon ourselves for good looking uniforms. We go to the POLO store and pick out polo hats and shirts usually a red and a navy shirt.. then we get the hats embroidered wth our names on them and shirts with Neshaminy golf...this past fall after golf season had i ended i decided that i was going to create Ping Extremes for our team for next year so i went to my head pro and designed them then showed it to the PING rep when he came in and we put the order in. had the batgs 8 weeks later. there should stil be a pick of the team bag i created in my WITB otherwise i will be updating my pics soon...sorry ive been a delinquent.

JUST TAKE ACTIONS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!!!!!

GoOsE......

if anyone has any questions about how to order bags feel free to PM me.

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

• 1 month later...

Our team just got bags this year and they are sweeeet. Ping Hoofer X-tremes. I'm thinking about getting one for my own off season use. Everyone is pumped about them because our team looks goood.

Last year we got the hoofer xtreme and they are cool, but the legs kjust plain suck! The new 06 one is way better, I wish the school would send ours back

Our team just got bags this year and they are sweeeet. Ping Hoofer X-tremes. I'm thinking about getting one for my own off season use. Everyone is pumped about them because our team looks goood.

Last year we got the hoofer xtreme and they are cool, but the legs kjust plain suck! The new 06 one is way better, I wish the school would send ours back

ya the legs suck my bag falls so much im really considering iron head covers when i get new irons it falls at least 3 times a round and in the wind i just lay it down because it doesnt stand a chance

My School gets Hoofer Xtremes and we have to pay for everything but we keep everything.

Team Hoofer-100

Shirt-30

Hat-15

sleeve of Pro V's a round with Team Name- Priceless

My Coach is an actual coach, he can fix your swing and analyze it. He could of gone pro. He should have, he is really good shootin in low 70's high 60's consistantly. I guess thats why my school has built a dynasty FOR LACROSSE LOL

The unfortunate state of many school systems, especially public school systems, these days is that they have budgets with little room for any extras. Often entire sports get cut from budgets or moved to 'club status' around here (club status means that the sport is in no way sponsored by the school, except that you can use the school's name, basically, you foot the bill for coach, equipment, etc.).

My son's cross country team has car washes and such to raise money for uniforms every few years (new uniforms for 40 CC kids every 3 or so years probably approaches the cost of 10 golf bags for your team)...maybe you can try some type of fundraiser for golf bags and such. Don't just sit there and complain about the lack of bags, try to do something proactive (you are not 'entitled to' or 'due' anything as far as receiving golf bags or such in high school, you are lucky to be entitiled to be playing golf for your school), plus, maybe if you have these fundraisers, you can keep your own bags at the end of your senior year...once you raise the initial funds for bags for your whole team, you should only have to raise funds for the freshmen or new players' bags each year. You get what you work for...the bags will mean more to you if you fundraise for them, plus you will learn team unity.

Shoes are probably going to be you cost, and I don't know about clubs, maybe you can raise funds for those, but that would have to be a pretty good sized fundraiser. I suspect that balls and a bag might be a good start for fundraisers, with players providing their own clubs and shoes, much like hockey around here, where the school provides uniforms and a helmet, but the player provides their own stick, pads and skates...talk about expensive.

As for the coach, well, I had good an bad coaches in the sports I played in through the years. Unfortunately there is probably little that you can do to change that. Good luck on the coach front, maybe your 'hacker coaches' were the only ones to step forward and volunteer.

College golf is simply amazing. Although are coach is a slacker clown who doesnt do s***, we can still get any club, shirt, shoe, ball or glove we want for little to nothing in price. Last year I got a Comp 460 w/ a Fuji tour Spec for $115. Just thought i'd give those of you who don't get s*** because your school frowns upon golf a chance, it doesnt matter what bags or clothes you have, while having these things is nice a college coach doesnt give a s*** what your bag looks like, or wheter you are wearing jeans on the course, if you shoot 65.

My School gets Hoofer Xtremes and we have to pay for everything but we keep everything.

Team Hoofer-100

Shirt-30

Hat-15

sleeve of Pro V's a round with Team Name- Priceless

My Coach is an actual coach, he can fix your swing and analyze it. He could of gone pro. He should have, he is really good shootin in low 70's high 60's consistantly. I guess thats why my school has built a dynasty FOR LACROSSE LOL

Viking_head_GIF.gif

Umm, and your mascot is a roasted turkey diving into the middle of the Thanksgiving centerpiece?!?!?!?!?

(I'll take one of those drumsticks please. Yum.)

The high school i went to now supplies members of the golf team with school bags, but it did not when I played. :(

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
Irons: Titleist 716 CB 4-7; 716 MB 8-P
Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style