Titleist 913 Drivers! D2 & D3 Models w/ headcovers- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW & PICS!

GolfWRX

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to hearing player feedback, I wonder how the new sole and face design effects sound, I LOVE the feel/sound of my trusty 910D3. Without question the best feeling adjustable driver by miles...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='tdk8180' timestamp='1340682624' post='5168208']
Longer? I hope its straighter. Since 1996, the oems have been making distance increase claims, so how come I hit my Greatest Big Bertha 283 yards, and my 975 D 290 when I pure it. If it doesn't go longer than that, do I get my money back?
[/quote]

One of these days, someone is going to have the stones to follow up with Reps claims that it's longer by asking something to the effect of "How the hell is it longer when the USGA maxed out COR/CT over 10 years ago?" EVERY manufacturer uses some variation of variable face thickness so we know that off center performance has improved, but longer? Seriously? Trampoline effect, CC's, MOI - they've all been maxed for years. You don't have to tell me it's longer to catch my attention. A little honesty would be nice (How naive am I?). Would love it if he said something to the effect of "We've updated the look and the graphics and tweeked the weighting internally to optimize launch conditions." What's so bad about that?

Most everyone here is aware of the Justin Rose commercial where he's announcing that he plays a driver (R11s) longer than R11 when in fact that little poser actually wasn't. He won at Doral this year using his older " outdated, technologically inferior, piece of junk" R11. So lame.

The markings on the face, the colors on the sole?

WRX has turned into mega-metrosexuals...

:-)

It's confidence that counts, the head at address, the shaft, the balance, how it feels in your hands, the sound... etc.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I'll upload a video in a bit of Gary Woodland playing the 913 today in the At&t Pro am. First thoughts are it sounds identical to the 910 and the headcover is awesome!
Most of the Titleist staffers were putting it in play today including Nick Watney. Woodland's caddie said it would probably make the bag for the tournament since it's almost identical to the 910. "New paint job" were his exact words. He did note that the center of gravity was a little lower leading to a lower trajectory, but overall pretty similar.
It seems as though the 913 is a "refresh" which isn't such a bad thing considering how great the 910 is.

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

[quote name='joeclothing' timestamp='1340848492' post='5181068']
I'll upload a video in a bit of Gary Woodland playing the 913 today in the At&t Pro am. First thoughts are it sounds identical to the 910 and the headcover is awesome!
Most of the Titleist staffers were putting it in play today including Nick Watney. Woodland's caddie said it would probably make the bag for the tournament since it's almost identical to the 910. "New paint job" were his exact words. He did note that the center of gravity was a little lower leading to a lower trajectory, but overall pretty similar.
It seems as though the 913 is a "refresh" which isn't such a bad thing considering how great the 910 is.
[/quote]

I was about to ask, who all is putting it in the bag immediately?

Tsr2 8 or Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff Rombax 7z08
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw or Mizuno 919 Tour 4-pw or....
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201 about 20 other putters

[/quote]

how does a lower cg produce a lower flight?

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1340852172' post='5181510']
[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

[quote name='gunmetal' timestamp='1340818460' post='5178342']
Longer? I hope its straighter. Since 1996, the oems have been making distance increase claims, so how come I hit my Greatest Big Bertha 283 yards, and my 975 D 290 when I pure it. If it doesn't go longer than that, do I get my money back?
[/quote]

One of these days, someone is going to have the stones to follow up with Reps claims that it's longer by asking something to the effect of "How the hell is it longer when the USGA maxed out COR/CT over 10 years ago?" EVERY manufacturer uses some variation of variable face thickness so we know that off center performance has improved, but longer? Seriously? Trampoline effect, CC's, MOI - they've all been maxed for years. You don't have to tell me it's longer to catch my attention. A little honesty would be nice (How naive am I?). Would love it if he said something to the effect of "We've updated the look and the graphics and tweeked the weighting internally to optimize launch conditions." What's so bad about that?

Most everyone here is aware of the Justin Rose commercial where he's announcing that he plays a driver (R11s) longer than R11 when in fact that little poser actually wasn't. He won at Doral this year using his older " outdated, technologically inferior, piece of junk" R11. So lame.
[/quote]

So true...but I'm a HO and will be putting this in the bag in November.

[u][b]Bag:[/b][/u]

[i]Taylormade M1 440 9.5* Rogue Silver 125MSI TX[/i]
[i]Taylormade M1 HL Rogue Silver 80X[/i]
[i]Titleist 818 H2 21* Tour Green 85TX[/i]
[i]Titleist 716 TMB 4-W DG TI X100[/i]
[i]Vokey TVD K 54*, 60* DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35''[/i]

Those are pretty sick. I like the black faces like the 910. The three guys I play the most with all have 910s and I have been eyeing one for a while. May have to wait on the 913 now.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is simply what GW's caddy stated that Gary noticed. The weighting is a little lower and he's getting a little bit lower ball flight.

On a side note I watched him ace the 233 yard par 3 2nd with his 503i 2 iron!

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

[quote name='joeclothing' timestamp='1340854953' post='5181742']
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is simply what GW's caddy stated that Gary noticed. The weighting is a little lower and he's getting a little bit lower ball flight.

On a side note I watched him ace the 233 yard par 3 2nd with his 503i 2 iron!
[/quote]

lower cg means higher flight. so the caddy is a moron.

I was fit for my 910, and I love it. The spin rates are good, launch is good, ball speed is good. I want to know how they brought the spin down even more on 913, and how the made the face hotter over a larger area. I'm very glad they kept the SureFit system such that it would be compatible with 910 sleeves. That way, if I switch drivers, it's as easy as pulling the shaft from mine and clicking into the same hosel setting on the 913 head.

This may change, but as of now, I'm not a huge fan of the graphics on the face, but I like the sole graphics.

[quote name='vix02' timestamp='1340852499' post='5181546']
[quote name='gunmetal' timestamp='1340818460' post='5178342']
[/quote]

[/quote]

So true...but I'm a HO and will be putting this in the bag in November.
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with that, brother. I'll probably end up putting it up against my F12 LS, lol!

[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1340888395' post='5182770']
[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1340856556' post='5181872']
[/quote]

You don't know if the 913 head he was hitting had less loft or what the SureFIt setting was. We don't have enough information to call the caddy an idiot.
[/quote]

Posters exact words: "He did note that the center of gravity was a little lower leading to a lower trajectory, but overall pretty similar." Lower cg will make the ball go higher. period. end of story. Forgot the other stuff, I am saying that it is a FACT that lower cg makes the ball go higher.

Woodland already used a 7.5 d3 set to 6.75. Doubt titleist made a 6.5 or 5.5 degree driver for him to be hitting it lower. Must have changed his swing, again.

And yes we do have enough info to call him an idiot, because he is!!

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1340889264' post='5182822']
[quote name='Thaddy' timestamp='1340888395' post='5182770']
[/quote]

You don't know if the 913 head he was hitting had less loft or what the SureFIt setting was. We don't have enough information to call the caddy an idiot.
[/quote]

Posters exact words: "He did note that the center of gravity was a little lower leading to a lower trajectory, but overall pretty similar." Lower cg will make the ball go higher. period. end of story. Forgot the other stuff, I am saying that it is a FACT that lower cg makes the ball go higher.
[/quote]

I'm not debating the fact that a lower CG will make the ball go higher. I was simply offering up the suggestion that maybe Woodland was hitting a lower lofted 913 leading the caddy to believe the lower CG was also lowering is ball flight. He also might have mis-spoke, been taken out of context, or someone misheard what he actually said.

[/quote]

Jeez , you've never mis-spoke ever, in your entire life.? He wasn't giving 913 clinic, sound like he was nice enough to answer something asked out to him at a pro am, guy was working I'm sure he meant "higher" or "more forward" or something. No need to call the guy a moron

Does it look like the 910 has more toe side bulge? The 910 looks more pear shaped IMO. It also looks to have more mass lower left when looking at the face.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1340744863' post='5172720']
one more pic with a lighter watermark.

[attachment=1230012:titleist 913 driver.jpg]
[/quote]

Is there any way the watermark could be located in the corner of the picture like they do on TV? It seriously detracts from many of the pictures by obscuring relevant details. Just asking.