Taylormade R1 Graphics

igolfchip

I don't think the engineering and amount af components that go into a driver comes even close to an F1 car.

Plus your using the same car for 70 odd laps. 0.01 of a second per lap makes huge difference in an entire race.

If you used only the driver to play golf and the goal was to see who had accumulated the most distance in 72 strokes with that one club you might have a point.

But that's not how golf is played. And even if you get 2-3 yards more there is another club in the bag to make up for the loss.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1356790966' post='6133379']
If you used only the driver to play golf and the goal was to see who had accumulated the most distance in 72 strokes with that one club you might have a point.

But that's not how golf is played. And even if you get 2-3 yards more there is another club in the bag to make up for the loss.
[/quote]

And if your swing is off path you're in the woods or the water anyway, no matter how long or adjustable!

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

You're right. What's really sad is someone compares golf clubs to rocket science.

I don't think the engineering and amount af components that go into a driver comes even close to an F1 car.

Plus your using the same car for 70 odd laps. 0.01 of a second per lap makes huge difference in an entire race.

[/quote]

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

But then if you're not interested in the tech, why read a gear heads website?
A lot of materials/technology have indeed come from other fields. I would count F1 in particular as a materials innovator alike no other.

Or has this forum just become a place to put down others and complain about fancy paint jobs?

[quote name='chrisday83' timestamp='1356796204' post='6133707']
Or has this forum just become a place to put down others and complain about fancy paint jobs?
[/quote]
Man I hope not...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1356795634' post='6133671']
You're right. What's really sad is someone compares golf clubs to rocket science.

[/quote]
[/quote]Rocketballz

[quote name='chrisday83' timestamp='1356796204' post='6133707']
But then if you're not interested in the tech, why read a gear heads website?
A lot of materials/technology have indeed come from other fields. I would count F1 in particular as a materials innovator alike no other.

[/quote]

I think we're all interested in golf technology and I don't see anyone putting others down?

Most complaining arises when the tech is dramatically overstated, or unattractive....

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1356727266' post='6130519']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1356705778' post='6128607']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1356668390' post='6127373']
TMAG has got to be concerned about all the negative reactions in regards to the paint. I wonder how many if any discussions they are having behind closed doors about changing things?

I know others mentioned earlier that TMAG is not concerned. I think that has to be a front. Of course they are concerned with negative reactions that will affect their sales.
[/quote]

I'm telling you, TMAG loves it and won't change and they aren't concerned one bit. It will sell, and sell a lot.

One thing we have to realized is we represent what like 10% of the golfing community. Maybe I'm way off with that number but so far there's only a couple hundred people say ugh to the paint. You aren't taking in the thousands of golfers who don't use this website. They want what's new and "better."

At least that's my opinion.
[/quote]for a TM PR rep you would think you knew the numbers.
[/quote]

Well, I hope Callaway is paying you to be their PR hack. Another one trick pony.

[/quote]

When the Iron Curtain fell and a lot of the military contracts went away, a lot of aerospace engineers that used to work for defense contractors ended up in the golf industry. Their knowledge of composites/graphite and titanium are what revolutionized the industry in the 90s.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1356823490' post='6135577']
[/quote]

When the Iron Curtain fell and a lot of the military contracts went away, a lot of aerospace engineers that used to work for defense contractors ended up in the golf industry. Their knowledge of composites/graphite and titanium are what revolutionized the industry in the 90s.
[/quote]

Still golf is not rocket science. No thermo, gravity, high strain, extreme temperature fluctuations, payload, list goes on and on. American puts out just as good of engineers as other countries, that's why so many come to American universities.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1356824172' post='6135649']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Still golf is not rocket science. No thermo, gravity, high strain, extreme temperature fluctuations, payload, list goes on and on. American puts out just as good of engineers as other countries, that's why so many come to American universities.
[/quote]
Wait, you mean golf ISN'T rocket science? I've had it so wrong...I need an adult beverage.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1356825147' post='6135749']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1356824172' post='6135649']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wait, you mean golf ISN'T rocket science? I've had it so wrong...I need an adult beverage.
[/quote]

Lol, you and I both need an adult beverage then....

Ask the engineers and scientists in the OEM'S research and development and you might get told its harder!!

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1356825354' post='6135785']
Ask the engineers and scientists in the OEM'S research and development and you might get told its harder!!
[/quote]

B.S.
anyone who has done both would understand.

I like the shoes! :)

I'd like to see the driver in person.

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1356826099' post='6135867']
[/quote]

B.S.
[/quote]

Your intelligence is mind boggling. :man_in_love:

[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1356976207' post='6143765']
Adizero... 1.24.13

actually just finished updating some spring orders for these new shoes... and wow! They are SO sweet! Although a little disappointed that the spikeless version has a non-changeable spike :(
[/quote]

In our last booking we were told the spikeless will not be available.

sorry to thread jack...

there are several styles of the spiked - which does have 10 spikes per foot/shoe! And there is a another version - that said, its not 'really' spikeless as it does have spikes, which are non-replaceable. I think this first run of Adizero is focused towards the 'spiked' version and the sole is damn sweet! And from the words, some very creative and exciting marketing to take place!

I for one, can not wait to get a pair!! And I have never really looked forward or cared about a 'new' shoe...

[quote name='parallax' timestamp='1356976406' post='6143775']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1356826099' post='6135867']
[/quote]

B.S.
[/quote]

Your intelligence is mind boggling. :man_in_love:
[/quote]

When you can't make an intelligent argument , start the insults.

[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1356980285' post='6144087']
sorry to thread jack...

there are several styles of the spiked - which does have 10 spikes per foot/shoe! And there is a another version - that said, its not 'really' spikeless as it does have spikes, which are non-replaceable. I think this first run of Adizero is focused towards the 'spiked' version and the sole is damn sweet! And from the words, some very creative and exciting marketing to take place!

I for one, can not wait to get a pair!! And I have never really looked forward or cared about a 'new' shoe...
[/quote]

We will have to agree to disagree. 2 versions -yes. But both spiked.

[quote name='PMAC' timestamp='1356975150' post='6143655']
It's gotta be the shoes.......
[/quote] The most important part of that picture is, is the the R1 DOTV2TP or the Retail Version???????

Seeing how long the retail version looks, I doubt the tour pro's will be playing it.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

[quote name='smackygolf' timestamp='1356809692' post='6134661']
TMAG has got to be concerned about all the negative reactions in regards to the paint. I wonder how many if any discussions they are having behind closed doors about changing things?

I know others mentioned earlier that TMAG is not concerned. I think that has to be a front. Of course they are concerned with negative reactions that will affect their sales.
[/quote]

I'm telling you, TMAG loves it and won't change and they aren't concerned one bit. It will sell, and sell a lot.

One thing we have to realized is we represent what like 10% of the golfing community. Maybe I'm way off with that number but so far there's only a couple hundred people say ugh to the paint. You aren't taking in the thousands of golfers who don't use this website. They want what's new and "better."

[/quote]

Well, I hope Callaway is paying you to be their PR hack. Another one trick pony.
[/quote]where did I mention callaway in this thread?

Until now that is.

Hey I'm just poking some fun at cp. not promoting anyone.

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1356982998' post='6144277']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Until now that is.

[/quote]

im not a TM PR rep, and i didnt take offense to your post. but next time i wouldnt poke fun at someone who has been trying quite hard to answer everyones questions about the new TM lines.

its not necessary in my opinion

but as i stated before, i took no offense to it, and you werent as rude as others

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='PMAC' timestamp='1356976563' post='6143785']
[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1356976207' post='6143765']
Adizero... 1.24.13

actually just finished updating some spring orders for these new shoes... and wow! They are SO sweet! Although a little disappointed that the spikeless version has a non-changeable spike :(
[/quote]

In our last booking we were told the spikeless will not be available.
[/quote]

sport version will be available

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1356983847' post='6144351']
[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1356982998' post='6144277']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Until now that is.

[/quote]

im not a TM PR rep, and i didnt take offense to your post. but next time i wouldnt poke fun at someone who has been trying quite hard to answer everyones questions about the new TM lines.

its not necessary in my opinion

but as i stated before, i took no offense to it, and you werent as rude as others
[/quote]

CP most of us appreciate you insight! Happy New Years!

[quote name='PMAC' timestamp='1356981075' post='6144135']
[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1356980285' post='6144087']
sorry to thread jack...

[/quote]

We will have to agree to disagree. 2 versions -yes. But both spiked.
[/quote]

PMAC sorry to quote you twice about the same thing but i received an email from the adidas rep about the new shoes with an online link to the ad and it shows both spiked and spikeless (i think they referred to it as sport) and we have both versions on order.

when did you get info that there will be no spikesless? because we sent in the order last week and have heard nothing different

EDIT: ok the sport version has spikes, now i remember

Taylormade Spider Ghost