• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1356985834' post='6144505']
[quote name='PMAC' timestamp='1356981075' post='6144135']
[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1356980285' post='6144087']
sorry to thread jack...

there are several styles of the spiked - which does have 10 spikes per foot/shoe! And there is a another version - that said, its not 'really' spikeless as it does have spikes, which are non-replaceable. I think this first run of Adizero is focused towards the 'spiked' version and the sole is damn sweet! And from the words, some very creative and exciting marketing to take place!

I for one, can not wait to get a pair!! And I have never really looked forward or cared about a 'new' shoe...
[/quote]

We will have to agree to disagree. 2 versions -yes. But both spiked.
[/quote]

PMAC sorry to quote you twice about the same thing but i received an email from the adidas rep about the new shoes with an online link to the ad and it shows both spiked and spikeless (i think they referred to it as sport) and we have both versions on order.

when did you get info that there will be no spikesless? because we sent in the order last week and have heard nothing different

EDIT: ok the sport version has spikes, now i remember
[/quote]

I do think it was weird to drop the spikeless versions. The sell huge in our shop. Ecco or Adidas.

[quote name='MEC13' timestamp='1356987018' post='6144593']
Taylormade is heading down the wrong path once again. I got over the white only because they performed so well but this may be a little too much. It's sad to see companies go in this direction but hey if it makes them money from someone other than myself, good for them.
[/quote]

Are you saying white was the wrong path? Because it sort of turned out to be a game changer.

I know the white and the graphics dont fit some peoples eyes but I don't think taylormade was to worried about it, they were looking for another game changer, so we will see.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1356987192' post='6144611']
Taylormade is heading down the wrong path once again. I got over the white only because they performed so well but this may be a little too much. It's sad to see companies go in this direction but hey if it makes them money from someone other than myself, good for them.
[/quote]

Are you saying white was the wrong path? Because it sort of turned out to be a game changer.

I know the white and the graphics dont fit some peoples eyes but I don't think taylormade was to worried about it, they were looking for another game changer, so we will see.
[/quote]I don't necessary feel it was the wrong path from a marketing perspective because I myself was curious to check out how it looked. I've had the R11 and currently own the RBZ Tour and have been successful with both. Just feel they are trying to push the limit here and it eventually with backfire.

I still like it, i mean if the driver out preforms my 2.0 v2, i really do not care what kinde of graphics are on it, but then i liked the 07 burner allot.

[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/size][/font][/i][/b]

[quote name='MEC13' timestamp='1356987949' post='6144695']
[/quote]

[/quote]I don't necessary feel it was the wrong path from a marketing perspective because I myself was curious to check out how it looked. I've had the R11 and currently own the RBZ Tour and have been successful with both. Just feel they are trying to push the limit here and it eventually with backfire.
[/quote]

I dont know if it is because I am a TMAG guy, or if its because i didnt see the graphics at all at address while hitting it, but the graphics dont bother be at all, i think it makes it looks "cool". And I'm the guy who isnt a fan of all the flair and bright colors other companies are coming out with.

I think thats what they were going for, the "cool" look to get the younger golfers who are drawn in by Puma to game TMAG instead, while still not conforming to the bright colored drivers.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

Not a huge fan of the look but a friend of mine who works in the business as an assitant pro said he got to see it first hand and thought it looked better then pictures he's seen. Personally want to see it before judging it.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

To me, the graphics don't strike me as those that are to grab the younger crowd like the day-glo colors Cobra and others chose. These remind me of the racing stripes on muscle cars or what I call mid-life crisis cars ( think the stripes on a dodge challenger/ford mustang). Either way I wouldn't care either way if the club works, it works. I fell into the " I won't play anything with a hideous name like rocketballz, yet I have a rescue in my bag now, and am looking at a fw wood now. Performance is all I care about

Zolex 0 CC "The Hammer" driver
Warrior 3h
Divnick Adjustable Iron
Spin Doctor Wedges
Top Spin Putter
Molitor & Pinnacle balls

[quote name='Rebel420' timestamp='1357136443' post='6152841']
To me, the graphics don't strike me as those that are to grab the younger crowd like the day-glo colors Cobra and others chose. These remind me of the racing stripes on muscle cars or what I call mid-life crisis cars ( think the stripes on a dodge challenger/ford mustang). Either way I wouldn't care either way if the club works, it works. I fell into the " I won't play anything with a hideous name like rocketballz, yet I have a rescue in my bag now, and am looking at a fw wood now. Performance is all I care about
[/quote]

It's funny you say that about the muscle cars. A buddy of mine is at Kapalua this week and emailed me last night to say that the R1 and the Rocketbladez Tour are getting a lot of chatter there. He said, "[size=3]You should see the new R1 driver from Taylormade. There was at least six in play today. It looks like the colour scheme of a 65 mustang."[/size]

I can only hope for TM that they look better in person than in the pics. Either way, they have people talking.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

43 pages, thousands of post, but still not one piece of evidence for what has been changed in this driver over the R11S to improve performance.
We've heard about gaining slightly more adjustability, we have seen the hillarious compass and awful paint, but still not a single word about performance.

Are we at the point where we finally admit there is NO performance advantage

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1357140442' post='6153107']
43 pages, thousands of post, but still not one piece of evidence for what has been changed in this driver over the R11S to improve performance.
We've heard about gaining slightly more adjustability, we have seen the hillarious compass and awful paint, but still not a single word about performance.

[/quote]
We were told the center of gravity has been changed.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1356988830' post='6144791']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont know if it is because I am a TMAG guy, or if its because [b]i didnt see the graphics at all at address while hitting[/b] it, but the graphics dont bother be at all, i think it makes it looks "cool". And I'm the guy who isnt a fan of all the flair and bright colors other companies are coming out with.

I think thats what they were going for, the "cool" look to get the younger golfers who are drawn in by Puma to game TMAG instead, while still not conforming to the bright colored drivers.
[/quote]

in hand at address you do see the graphics. does it blend and "disappear"...? for the most part. but you do see the graphics.

[quote name='mmack067' timestamp='1357136797' post='6152863']
[/quote]

It's funny you say that about the muscle cars. A buddy of mine is at Kapalua this week and emailed me last night to say that the R1 and the Rocketbladez Tour are getting a lot of chatter there. He said, "[size=3]You should see the new R1 driver from Taylormade. There was at least six in play today. It looks like the colour scheme of a 65 mustang."[/size]

I can only hope for TM that they look better in person than in the pics. Either way, they have people talking.
[/quote]Maybe Chip Foose did the design?

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='mmack067' timestamp='1357136797' post='6152863']
[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe Chip Foose did the design?

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1357145989' post='6153645']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont know if it is because I am a TMAG guy, or if its because [b]i didnt see the graphics at all at address while hitting[/b] it, but the graphics dont bother be at all, i think it makes it looks "cool". And I'm the guy who isnt a fan of all the flair and bright colors other companies are coming out with.

[/quote]

in hand at address you do see the graphics. does it blend and "disappear"...? for the most part. but you do see the graphics.
[/quote]

i just don't focus on the back of the crown of the club at address, thats all. i focus on the ball and the face angle. thats my normal pre shot routine, so the the graphics didnt draw me away from it. I didnt even realize...that i didnt realize the graphics were there. Until 5 minutes after i hit it i said to Sean wait i didnt even realize the graphics were there.

Thats just me, it could be different for anyone. But I didnt mind the graphics, because i did see the graphics, because i didnt break my pre shot routine.

yes seeing someone else hold it its like a giant billboard and you know what they are playing, but thats because you arent in your pre shot focused routine, your just staring at someone elses club

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1357151662' post='6154103']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i just don't focus on the back of the crown of the club at address, thats all. i focus on the ball and the face angle. thats my normal pre shot routine, so the the graphics didnt draw me away from it. I didnt even realize...that i didnt realize the graphics were there. Until 5 minutes after i hit it i said to Sean wait i didnt even realize the graphics were there.

Thats just me, it could be different for anyone. But I didnt mind the graphics, because i did see the graphics, because i didnt break my pre shot routine.

yes seeing someone else hold it its like a giant billboard and you know what they are playing, but thats because you arent in your pre shot focused routine, your just staring at someone elses club
[/quote]

very difficult communicating sometimes online... some of the info you are writing is misleading. you do see the graphics from address - there is no way not too - literally. whether you focus on the front or back of the crown - the graphics are still there, they haven't gone anywhere. if it was ghosted to where it popped in light i would agree with you - but these are straight up red/gray graphics.

ohcanada17 has one - and i guarantee he agrees with me to the fact the graphics are noticeable. distracting... perhaps no, but it's not like you are looking for WALDO, and all of a sudden you see it after an extended period of time.

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1357154543' post='6154449']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

very difficult communicating sometimes online... some of the info you are writing is misleading. you do see the graphics from address - there is no way not too - literally. whether you focus on the front or back of the crown - the graphics are still there, they haven't gone anywhere. if it was ghosted to where it popped in light i would agree with you - but these are straight up red/gray graphics.

ohcanada17 has one - and i guarantee he agrees with me to the fact the graphics are noticeable. distracting... perhaps no, but it's not like you are looking for WALDO, and all of a sudden you see it after an extended period of time.
[/quote]

im sorry i dont mean to argue but i didnt notice the graphics, i dont want to keep repeating my self and annoying people but i dont know how else to put it except i didn't see them. i knew they were there before i even addressed the ball because thats the new look that has been talked about. im just as surprised as you are. they never caught my attention. like i said maybe its cause im a TMAG fan and i subconsciously blocked them out.

they most likely will catch my attention now since its all anyone is talking about. next time i hit them i will make a conscious effort to look at the crown and the graphics and get back to you if you wold like. unless you have more questions (which im glad to answer) i dont really want to keep repeating myself because im just waiting for that one member to come yell at me for not shutting up

edit: ok i guess a good way to put it is yes you obviously will see them, just as you will see the wall behind the TV when watching TV, you just dont realize that you do (yeah yeah the wall behind the TV isnt orange but do you get what im saying). does that make sense? thats how it was for me. yes they were there, but they didnt draw my attention. that and i waggle a lot

Taylormade Spider Ghost

I'd certainly be willing to give the R1 a shot. It's too bad they ensured my PX-8A4 will not fit because they were stupid and changed the number of splines on the adaptor.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

When it comes to 'growing on you' I can say the R1 is not that bad... with the graphics at the back, it looks good - I really like it. Now that said, when I first saw pics of the RBZ2 I preferred it over the R1, but now having both in hands, I can say the RBZ2 is not as appealing (for me) since the graphics are at the front.

The RBZ2 hybrids, being smaller I dont mind as much... and to be honest I really like the new shape of the RBZ2 fw's... but again, going to need some good performance to over take the graphics... Funny, since the R1 is more bold (color graphics) than RBZ2...

And also, just to clarify...

R1 tips will work in RBZ2 and vice versa... both have 7 points of adjustability... and if the settings are exactly the same when switched, not sure on that yet... and everyone I think knows that the old tips will not work in either of the new drivers.

The R1 is a winner! And I personally think there will be alot more golfers switching to the R1 (after not liking the graphics) then there were switching to R11 (first white driver) - and that's saying alot!

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1357154543' post='6154449']
[/quote]I believe you that you don't really focus on the graphics during the shot because you're focused and in a "zone." I think you guys are onto something here with the "Where's Waldo" idea though. That'll be there WW line next year.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1357155997' post='6154611']
I'd certainly be willing to give the R1 a shot. It's too bad they ensured my PX-8A4 will not fit because they were stupid and changed the number of splines on the adaptor.
[/quote]

with everything that a competitor has been doing PR wise on the board - perhaps TMAG will read your post and step up to the plate with a r1 adapter? right now i have two shafts that are worthless without the new tip. i understand why they did it - but frustrating having $800 in shafts with the wrong adapter.

[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1357159281' post='6154963']
When it comes to 'growing on you' I can say the R1 is not that bad... with the graphics at the back, it looks good - I really like it. Now that said, when I first saw pics of the RBZ2 I preferred it over the R1, but now having both in hands, I can say the RBZ2 is not as appealing (for me) since the graphics are at the front.

The RBZ2 hybrids, being smaller I dont mind as much... and to be honest I really like the new shape of the RBZ2 fw's... but again, going to need some good performance to over take the graphics... Funny, since the R1 is more bold (color graphics) than RBZ2...

And also, just to clarify...

R1 tips will work in RBZ2 and vice versa... both have 7 points of adjustability... and if the settings are exactly the same when switched, not sure on that yet... and everyone I think knows that the old tips will not work in either of the new drivers.

The R1 is a winner! And I personally think there will be alot more golfers switching to the R1 (after not liking the graphics) then there were switching to R11 (first white driver) - and that's saying alot!
[/quote]

I was wondering if you work for TMAG. Our company, which is the world's largest account for TMAG, has not received any R1 product to date, according to my local management team.

Thanks.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

tomorrow - 1.3.13 - alot more people will come forward with data, info, etc... I never said I have product for sale... maybe thats why your 'account' hasnt received anything... What I have is for my eyes only...

On an interesting note... the TP version of RBZ2... a diff head (like last year) but only with TP shaft - SO RBZ2 TP will be same price as R1...

OOOOHHH... when does the 2013 start?

[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1357173448' post='6156271']
tomorrow - 1.3.13 - alot more people will come forward with data, info, etc... I never said I have product for sale... maybe thats why your 'account' hasnt received anything... What I have is for my eyes only...

On an interesting note... the TP version of RBZ2... a diff head (like last year) but only with TP shaft - SO RBZ2 TP will be same price as R1...

OOOOHHH... when does the 2013 start?
[/quote]

Thanks and BTW if you reread carefully, I never implied you had anything for sale.

Ciao.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[/quote]Yes

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1357179290' post='6156887']

[/quote]Yes
[/quote]

After seeing all of the "new" information on it.. I am still agreeing with you there :) I think I owe it to myself to at least try out the new product from the companies who invested $$ into R&D into different performance enhancing technologies rather than doctors to give reasons why the graphics on the crown help with alignment. :rolleyes:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745