Kansas City Area Golfers

bhj83

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I subscribed to this thread originally...but I didn't get any notifications of a new outing being planned. I'm in! Should be able to make the May 16 date at Falcon Lakes barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Alright, I received an email from management at Falcon Lakes today confirming our outing. At this time, I'm predicting a turnout of 15 or so, so I have reserved 3-4 tee times beginning at [b]1:00 on Saturday May 16, 2015[/b]. We can always alter the reservation as we get closer. I will need confirmation from all players no less than seven days prior to the outing. I will be holding the reservation with my credit card. If I do not hear from you before Saturday May 9, 2015, I will cancel your individual reservation.

The rates that were quoted initially were based off of off-season rates. I was told the regular rate will be $43 for this time, but they have offered our group a rate of [b]$40 including carts[/b]. Having played this course 4-5 times, I think this is a very reasonable rate, if not a steal.

As soon as I have time, I will create a separate thread and include a link to it in this thread.

CLEAR YOUR CALENDARS!

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Awesome, thanks for taking care of the details! It's on my calendar.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

[quote name='cenn' timestamp='1399670647' post='9265331']
I'm down to play whenever. I bought a pass to Adams Pointe this year so that is where I play mostly but I will go anywhere. STAY AWAY from Stone Canyon!! I had three buddies come down from Chicago about a month ago and we played it and I COULDN'T BELIEVE how bad it was. I mean really bad shape. So far I've played Winterstone, Drumm Farm, Stone Canyon, Adams Pointe and Creekmoor. Actually just played Creekmoor yesterday in an outing, was in good shape. We shot -14 and won $125 in cash so that's always good!!! Any of you guys in this thread message me and we can hook up. The group I play with at Adams Pointe are some really laid back good golfers if anyone ever wanted to join us??
[/quote] hey I'll play adams !! I've played their a million times ! Love that track message me and I'll play anytime

[quote name='kcguy2674' timestamp='1424308696' post='10981803']
[quote name='KC4441' timestamp='1421716892' post='10779805']
If anyone is every looking for a round in the North area let me know. I just re-upped at Shoal Creek for the year and am always looking for people interested in playing.
[/quote] hey kc I'm down with shoal creek! I've actually never played! So iam in!
[/quote]

When the weather warms up I'll hit you up. I am hoping by the second week of March at the latest we can get back out on Shoal!

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

[quote name='KC4441' timestamp='1424535461' post='10998007']
[quote name='kcguy2674' timestamp='1424308696' post='10981803']
[quote name='KC4441' timestamp='1421716892' post='10779805']
If anyone is every looking for a round in the North area let me know. I just re-upped at Shoal Creek for the year and am always looking for people interested in playing.
[/quote] hey kc I'm down with shoal creek! I've actually never played! So iam in!
[/quote]

When the weather warms up I'll hit you up. I am hoping by the second week of March at the latest we can get back out on Shoal!
[/quote] ok sounds great!! That's about the only course I haven't played! Lol and it's one of the ones I should have played the most! But looking forward to it!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1138913-inaugural-kansas-city-wrx-outing-may-16-2015/"][u][size=5][b]Inaugural Kansas City WRX Outing[/b][/size][/u][/url]

Taylormade TP5

Anyone else on here typically play weekday rounds? I have every other Monday off from work so I usually play 36 holes on those days but it's hard to find regular playing partners on Mondays. I usually get in a couple of weekend rounds a month as well. Currently a Tiffany Greens member thru March 15th but thinking I will go back to playing all over the city this year. I'm always looking for fellow obsessed golfers like myself... Seems like we are free and far between.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

[quote name='bhj83' timestamp='1424560163' post='11000153']
Anyone else on here typically play weekday rounds? I have every other Monday off from work so I usually play 36 holes on those days but it's hard to find regular playing partners on Mondays. I usually get in a couple of weekend rounds a month as well. Currently a Tiffany Greens member thru March 15th but thinking I will go back to playing all over the city this year. I'm always looking for fellow obsessed golfers like myself... Seems like we are free and far between.
[/quote]

On occasion I am able to play during the week. Usually it has to be first thing in the morning at Shoal in order to get to work afterward. I would be up for something like that..

SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

[quote name='KC4441' timestamp='1424611370' post='11002855']
[/quote]

On occasion I am able to play during the week. Usually it has to be first thing in the morning at Shoal in order to get to work afterward. I would be up for something like that..
[/quote]

I can definitely swing that sometime. Now if only winter would come to an end!

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

Might be in for some mornings. I work in my home office Friday's and that's my weekly outing. Usually around 1pm tee time.

Happy to get out there with some of you on Fridays at 1...

Driver - Titleist TSi2 8* - HZRDUS Blue 6.0 60g

3W Cobra LTDx 15* - Aldila Ascent 6.0 60g

DI - NLU 18* - MMT 105g Stiff

5-GW PXG Gen4 XP - MMT 105g stiff

50* Cleveland Zipcore full face - TI S400

56* Tmag Big Foot - TI S400

Taylormade Tour Spider Silver  

[quote name='artica' timestamp='1424619256' post='11003349']
Might be in for some mornings. I work in my home office Friday's and that's my weekly outing. Usually around 1pm tee time.

[/quote]

I take the occasional weekday afternoon off work to squeeze in some rounds as well. Where do you typically play?

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

[quote name='bhj83' timestamp='1424622132' post='11003599'][quote name='artica' timestamp='1424619256' post='11003349']

[/quote]

I take the occasional weekday afternoon off work to squeeze in some rounds as well. Where do you typically play?[/quote]

I'm open really...

But normally my first choices are:
Deer Creek
Overland Park
Heritage Park

I live south of deer creek so those are convenient. But happy to meet half way or whatever. Love playing new courses

[quote name='artica' timestamp='1424624317' post='11003777']
[quote name='bhj83' timestamp='1424622132' post='11003599'][quote name='artica' timestamp='1424619256' post='11003349']

[/quote]

I take the occasional weekday afternoon off work to squeeze in some rounds as well. Where do you typically play?[/quote]

I'm open really...

But normally my first choices are:
Deer Creek
Overland Park
Heritage Park

I live south of deer creek so those are convenient. But happy to meet half way or whatever. Love playing new courses
[/quote]

Sounds good. I live up north of the river but I make it down that way to play. I got a couple prepaid rounds at Canyon Farms (formerly Golf Club of Kansas) at the golf show so I'll definitely be playing a couple rounds there.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

I am a member at Canyon Farms, so let me know when you guys are getting together.

Taylormade TP5

Absolutely.

Let's get pm's with phone #'s here in the next few weeks. Looking forward to it.

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1424625274' post='11003871']
I am a member at Canyon Farms, so let me know when you guys are getting together.
[/quote]

Will do!

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

iam in if anyone has a spot hit me up iam always wanting to play , I try to play weekly with tigerwoods33 and a friend of ours were always looking for a 4th in anyone is interested I Iive in independence and they are from olathe .winterstone is a great course they really keep it in great shape I'am there daily weather permitting.
Myself and a few friends are going to try to start a monthly skins game this yr if anyone is interested were all pretty close to same hdcp so its just straight up skins no carry over and we also have greenies usually we will throw in$30 each and try to play a course where we can use the clubmember card. we also have thought about having match play event as long as everyone has a handicap to make it fair and just to play for fun

Titleist 915 d3 /Callaway 815 dbd
Titleist 915 fd rouge msi 125 x
Titleist 915 HD 20.5 rouge x
Titleist 712 ap2/Callaway xr pro
Titleist sm4 50,56,60
odyssey black series 1w

[quote name='tlyrpr7' timestamp='1424665115' post='11008475']
iam in if anyone has a spot hit me up iam always wanting to play , I try to play weekly with tigerwoods33 and a friend of ours were always looking for a 4th in anyone is interested I Iive in independence and they are from olathe .winterstone is a great course they really keep it in great shape I'am there daily weather permitting.
Myself and a few friends are going to try to start a monthly skins game this yr if anyone is interested were all pretty close to same hdcp so its just straight up skins no carry over and we also have greenies usually we will throw in$30 each and try to play a course where we can use the clubmember card. we also have thought about having match play event as long as everyone has a handicap to make it fair and just to play for fun
[/quote]

I may be in touch. I've been considering getting The Club Member card again this year. Had it for two years before joining TG last year.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

[quote name='bhj83' timestamp='1424614531' post='11003031']
[quote name='KC4441' timestamp='1424611370' post='11002855']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can definitely swing that sometime. Now if only winter would come to an end!
[/quote]

So true, I keep looking at the extended forecast with no good news in sight.....

SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

[/quote] yeah I like to play weekday rounds! Tiffany is cool! Have you played staley farms? It's a beast!!!!!

[quote name='kcguy2674' timestamp='1425040171' post='11038789'][quote name='bhj83' timestamp='1424560163' post='11000153']
[/quote] yeah I like to play weekday rounds! Tiffany is cool! Have you played staley farms? It's a beast!!!!![/quote]

I definitely like to play Staley Farms every so often when they have the "member preview" rounds. Great track except the greens can be pretty gimmicky and borderline unplayable some days.

SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

[quote name='kcguy2674' timestamp='1425040171' post='11038789']
[/quote] yeah I like to play weekday rounds! Tiffany is cool! Have you played staley farms? It's a beast!!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, I did their fitness membership with free golf on Mondays the year before last. Not a bad course, but the greens are off putting at times with where they like to place the pins. Are you a member there?

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

[quote name='KC4441' timestamp='1425043998' post='11039097']
[quote name='kcguy2674' timestamp='1425040171' post='11038789'][quote name='bhj83' timestamp='1424560163' post='11000153']
[/quote] yeah I like to play weekday rounds! Tiffany is cool! Have you played staley farms? It's a beast!!!!![/quote]

I definitely like to play Staley Farms every so often when they have the "member preview" rounds. Great track except the greens can be pretty gimmicky and borderline unplayable some days.
[/quote]

Agreed. Two holes pop into my mind immediately that had greens I hated...#2 and #12. Just ridiculous at times.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X