2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

I'm such a bonehead...

FLGOLFJUNKIE

I NEVER, EVER said I played with them AFTER he paypaled me the money. Fact is, I didn't! I had taken pictures of the clubs to sell them and posted them around here a few weeks ago, and also, closed the ad because they never sold. The buyer contacted me about the J40's just wondering if they were available and they were!! I played with them after I closed the ad, and I hadn't played since. When he paypaled me the money, and I took them out of my bag, THEN I realized the 8 iron was missing. Wow, do you look like an @$$ right now. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

To the +1 crew....I had a picture of them on my camera already and I did take them out to the course since they were still the irons that I play with. Lol, I'm not being accused of anything, it's just ignorants being ignorant, looking for ways to spice up the thread...Gotta love 'em!!

I played with them after I closed the ad

I did take them out to the course since they were still the irons that I play with

sorry, the only FACTS I'm using, are the ones YOU have provided.

I certainly don't blame you for wanting to close this thread though.

In the end, it sounds like it worked out est for all involved. You get to keep a set of irons you still play, and the "DEAL or NO DEAL" section doesn't have a new "I didn't get what I was supposed to get" thread.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kylebray' timestamp='1365865204' post='6830319']
wtf just happened? guys tells his story about a mistake he made, which he made right as soon as possible. and the haters jump in and start assuming facts and talk BS. to the OP, good on you. s*** happens. and you did everything you could to make things right. to the haters, im amazed you dragged yourself away from the "tiger is the worst person to ever step onto a golf course" thread to give this guy a hard time... get a life
[/quote]

And a BIG +1 to that!

wtf just happened? guys tells his story about a mistake he made, which he made right as soon as possible. and the haters jump in and start assuming facts and talk BS. to the OP, good on you. s*** happens. and you did everything you could to make things right. to the haters, im amazed you dragged yourself away from the "tiger is the worst person to ever step onto a golf course" thread to give this guy a hard time... get a life
[/quote]

Wondering who you are directing this at? I don't think I'm a "hater" because I was curious about how the club got lost. Can you clarify?

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

[quote name='LBlack14' timestamp='1365865583' post='6830397']
[/quote]

And a BIG +1 to that!
[/quote]
:cheesy: That tough guy pic always leaves me laughing!!

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1365862052' post='6829529']
Never start a thread on GolfWRX unless you enjoy getting ripped apart.
[/quote]
Hahaha +1

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='Togatown22' timestamp='1365866840' post='6830613']
[/quote]

Wondering who you are directing this at? I don't think I'm a "hater" because I was curious about how the club got lost. Can you clarify?
[/quote]

[color=#222222]togatown you asked a question about why he had played the clubs, then made the assumption that he was "lazy" for not taking new pictures. now the OP had explained that the add was removed and this new buyer approached him, wanted the irons and was happy to buy without pictures. so for someone that is acting inquisitive.... then go straight to making assumptions is stupid. if you have a question, let the man answer. [/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[color=#222222]and albatrosser.... you seem like a straight up ball bag champ. just looking for an argument? if you want to troll, head to Facebook.[/color]

[quote name='kylebray' timestamp='1365872550' post='6831635']
[quote name='Togatown22' timestamp='1365866840' post='6830613']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[color=#222222]togatown you asked a question about why he had played the clubs, then made the assumption that he was "lazy" for not taking new pictures. now the OP had explained that the add was removed and this new buyer approached him, wanted the irons and was happy to buy without pictures. so for someone that is acting inquisitive.... then go straight to making assumptions is stupid. if you have a question, let the man answer. [/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[color=#222222]and albatrosser.... you seem like a straight up ball bag champ. just looking for an argument? if you want to troll, head to Facebook.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, I do think he was lazy for not taking new pics or at least verifying they were in the same condition as he had represented them previously. I think OP would even agree on that point. I certainly wasnt "hating", I actually think it was a good lesson learned- type post. Mistakes happen, and I don't think OP is a bad guy or a bad seller. I'd still like for you to show me where I assumed anything.

Toulon Chicago

You can call it making an assumption if you want. A lot of these posts were based on the OP's ORIGINAL post where he failed to tell the whole story. I think a lot of us sellers would agree that once you take pictures, post a for sale add or auction , the item for sale shouldn't be still in use. It has nothing to do with hate as it does with a certain way you should handle things when you are selling.The OP explained the situation better later on in the thread. Something if he had done to begin with would have avoided most of this thread.

Greenie gets it, as do most others as evidenced by all the +1, or "haters" as the OP would have us known. Don't do stupid things and you won't get called out on it. Pretty simple really.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

Albatrosser, I just really don't get what is stupid about losing a club and having it basically stolen (since it wasn't turned in) right before I sold the set. Yes, I played with the irons AFTER I closed the ad, as no one contacted me with serious offers WHILE the ad was open and I didn't expect to sell them for another 30 days or more. So, please, enlighten me and teach me as I really don't know where I went wrong here. (Don't waste your time though...really)

I'm not taking sides on this one at all, but if this thread was titled "guy backs out of sale because he lost an iron", and the buyer had posted it saying that the seller sold him a set of irons, and then backed out of the sale because he "realize he didn't have the 8 iron after all", I think the thread would be people calling for the seller's head.

The moral of the story? Before you send your paypal address to a potential buyer, make sure you have your ducks in a row. I don't think the OP did anything dishonest, but I can see why people are jumping on him as well.

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

[quote name='Graymulligan' timestamp='1365945915' post='6837907']
I'm not taking sides on this one at all, but if this thread was titled "guy backs out of sale because he lost an iron", and the buyer had posted it saying that the seller sold him a set of irons, and then backed out of the sale because he "realize he didn't have the 8 iron after all", I think the thread would be people calling for the seller's head.

The moral of the story? Before you send your paypal address to a potential buyer, make sure you have your ducks in a row. I don't think the OP did anything dishonest, but I can see why people are jumping on him as well.
[/quote]

+1. Mistakes happen. Best practice is once you list an item, you should keep them in the same condition as when the pics were taken. It looks like the seller refunded the money promptly and the buyer did not complain. There was really no need for this thread and susequent bickering.

TaylorMade R11 9* 

Callaway XHot TC 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Titleist AP1 5-PW

Titleist AP1 W/Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x

[quote name='FLGOLFJUNKIE' timestamp='1365904950' post='6835801']
Albatrosser, I just really don't get what is stupid about losing a club and having it basically stolen (since it wasn't turned in) right before I sold the set. Yes, I played with the irons AFTER I closed the ad, as no one contacted me with serious offers WHILE the ad was open and I didn't expect to sell them for another 30 days or more. So, please, enlighten me and teach me as I really don't know where I went wrong here. (Don't waste your time though...really)
[/quote]

His point is that he doesn't play with clubs once they are for sale. In your case its quite difference since you closed your ad and then played with them because they did not sell. I probably would have played with them too after if I needed them. I think he is maybe saying that you should have disclosed this to the new buyer and sent new pics since there is a chance they are now not in the exact same condition as when you first took the pics.

[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1365948962' post='6838203']

[/quote]

+1. Mistakes happen. Best practice is once you list an item, you should keep them in the same condition as when the pics were taken. It looks like the seller refunded the money promptly and the buyer did not complain. There was really no need for this thread and susequent bickering.
[/quote]

The seller started the thread.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

[quote name='Bad9' timestamp='1365952322' post='6838519']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes. What I meant was it seems like it was a done deal and the seller didn't need to start the thread.

TaylorMade R11 9* 

Callaway XHot TC 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Titleist AP1 5-PW

Titleist AP1 W/Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x

If I'm reading it correctly, seller opened an ad and closed it after they didn't sell. He proceeded to play with the clubs and lose the 8 iron. Then someone found the closed ad and made an offer. OP accepted, then realized when he went to ship that the 8 was not there.

If that is literally the case, I don't think he did anything wrong. At the point he closed the ad, the clubs weren't for sale any more. The offer out of left field is crazy weird though. I didn't think closed ads even show up in the search.

[quote name='hogan234' timestamp='1365952823' post='6838553']
[quote name='Bad9' timestamp='1365952322' post='6838519']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes. What I meant was it seems like it was a done deal and the seller didn't need to start the thread.
[/quote]

I agree.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Pfft...the seller just opened this thread to cover his butt in case the buyer, who was completely in the right, opened a thread complaining about him backing out of the deal after the paypal funding had been transferred and the buyer owned the clubs! Blasphemy! Heresey! Boloney! Sushi! Rabble Rabble!

(what...this thread is getting boring...let's stir the pot! Controversy sells, baby!)

(In related news, I don't think the seller did anything wrong, and this is a good learning example, and worth posting just for that reason alone. But hey, that kind of post is boring...off with his headcover!)

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

[quote name='FLGOLFJUNKIE' timestamp='1365959056' post='6839195']
It's a done deal, and I truly regret starting this thread....

I award myself no points, and may God have mercy on my soul...
[/quote]

Just remember...we all live in glass houses and no one here is without sin. No harm, no foul...you explained and it's done. Glad you stepped up to refund the guy and felt bad enough about it to post.

[quote name='highergr0und' timestamp='1365953864' post='6838645']
If I'm reading it correctly, seller opened an ad and closed it after they didn't sell. He proceeded to play with the clubs and lose the 8 iron. Then someone found the closed ad and made an offer. OP accepted, then realized when he went to ship that the 8 was not there.

If that is literally the case, I don't think he did anything wrong. At the point he closed the ad, the clubs weren't for sale any more. The offer out of left field is crazy weird though. I didn't think closed ads even show up in the search.
[/quote]

This is the situation. Seller clarified the situation and provided additional information that shows he didn't intentionally play the clubs while the FS thread was active. Offer out of left field was random and the likeliness that the clubs conditions were altered during 1 round of play is very, very low. Glad the community had the opportunity to question the potentially confusing situation, but the seller explained and all is good! Perhaps a little less accusation from the peanut gallery and less "reactive" comments from the OP would have help keep this a more civil discussion.

Now we can all go on with our lives.

Let me clarify what a horrible guy the OP is.

OP works for a "Mickey Mouse" company, and gets a huge employee discount. So he reads a thread about guys coming down to the PGA show and offers to set up numerous strangers on GolfWRX with his discount (which saved our members $100 per round).

All he was looking for was a by of empathy.

OP, I'd love to buy the replacement 8 iron to complete your set. Let me know what your specs are and I'll find the replacement.

You are the best of what GolfWRX was meant to be. You probably still have my number, but if not PM me.

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1366253112' post='6869045']

OP works for a "Mickey Mouse" company, and gets a huge employee discount. So he reads a thread about guys coming down to the PGA show and offers to set up numerous strangers on GolfWRX with his discount (which saved our members $100 per round).

OP, I'd love to buy the replacement 8 iron to complete your set. Let me know what your specs are and I'll find the replacement.

You are the best of what GolfWRX was meant to be. You probably still have my number, but if not PM me.
[/quote]

That's awesome!

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1366253112' post='6869045']

[/quote]

Who said he was a horrible guy? Very nice thing for you to do for the OP, and by all accounts, he's a good guy. Heck, I'd do business with him anytime.
I think most all of us who posted from the start were pretty clear that at worst, he was a victim of bad luck and a touch of laziness...certainly something no one is unfamiliar with. I think some of these follow-up posters are getting a bit sensitive about asking questions vs. accusing of wrongdoing. Anyway, I still think this is a really good informational / lesson learned type thread that we can all learn from.

Toulon Chicago

[quote name='MiniJ83' timestamp='1365796954' post='6822255']
Wow, he made a mistake, and promptly refunded the buyer. Why is ANYONE here accusing him of ANYTHING?
[/quote] thats what im sayin, he refunded the guy, whats the big deal?

Titleist TSI3 Tour AD MT 7S
Taylormade SIM 14* Tour AD IZ 7S
Mizuno Fli Hi 2 & 3 iron
Miura CB 1008 4-PW Nippon Super Peening Orange
NCW 52 - 57
Scotty Cameron Bullseye

Gotta love a golf wrx controversy...

Callaway Fusion 9* KK XT
Callaway Fusion 15* VTS Black
Callaway Steelhead XR Heavenwood 20.5* Tensei CK Blue
Mizuno JPX EZ 4 Aldila RIP SLT 115
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 5-P Adila RIP SLT 115