NE Ohio Players

GoIrish17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of just picking names out of a hat. I haven't met any of you before anyway so it doesn't really matter to me. I think it would be a good way to meet a few new people anyway. If there is only $10 worth of gambling, I don't think its going to make a whole lot of difference who partners with who and what handicaps are. I don't know how many of us will have our midseason A game then anyway. I'm just looking forward to getting out and getting the clubs dirty.

I'm fine with that. I'd say if anyone wants to bring someone though, the more the merrier.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

[quote name='GSXR330' timestamp='1393345056' post='8741800']
April 19, 12:00 PM @ Brookledge in Cuyahoga Falls.
Food to follow the round: TBD.

Updated list:

1. Brad Schultz
2. Brett J
3. Joe M.
4. Matt A
5. Bryan M.
6. Bob J.
7. Taylor G

Maybe:
- Devin
- Bob G

[/quote]

Just to keep this info on each page.

And either way works for me. Hopefully more people chime in but maybe we should plan on bringing someone. With the way the weather is though I don't know many people who would golf in sub-60 temps besides wrx'ers.

That's cool. I really didn't personally have anyone in mind, but if anyone had a buddy they wanted to bring extra golfers would just make it better. Wait, I was thinking about possibly asking my dad if he wanted to play. The weather will definitely play a role. We're just going to have to play that by ear, though.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

The weather seems to be getting near seasonal so hopefully this cold is going to move out for good. As for the weather, I figure we'll decide the week of and should we need to move it a month later that should give most of you an opportunity to have the day off. And I may be able to bring someone but their's only a handful of guys I know that play and most of them won't play if it's too cold (< 60°).

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1394047251' post='8804483']
I would be happy if I could just get to the range and hit some balls. Hitting in the net just isn't the same.
[/quote]

You don't have an outdoor heated range near you? Unless you meant hitting off of real grass. I just started going once a week just to work on my swing since I haven't swung a club in about 4 months. And even though hitting off mats isn't as nice as grass, it's better than nothing.

Do you know what the worst thing is? When the weather is even close to playing golf, I can guarantee I'm gonna be begging someone here to play with me!

It's always productive to head to the range! :) I go to the dome or heated tees throughout winter just to keep my back loose and my swing somewhat normal.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I hit the range yesterday at Downview- they're back to limiting you to a medium bucket because they're about to run out of balls from not being able to pick the range. Gonna hit the range at the Golf Improvement Center on lunch today. It's a little chilly out, but very nice weather. GSXR, still on for 3:45 tomorrow at Downview? Hopefully they can pick the range today, I NEED a jumbo bucket if the weather is gonna be nice. Wish it was drier, I'd pull out the old spikes and play. Unfortunately, the forecast doesn't look encouraging after Tuesday next week. Hope that changes.

I'm guessing they'll be able to operate normally with the weather shaping up for the near future, but I'll call ahead tomorrow. I'll still go if they're limiting to a medium bucket, I'll just be mad about it lol.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1394154061' post='8815293']
I might be up there around 4 tomorrow. Went there today and hit a medium bucket. I was actually going to try to play if any of the courses were open, but I'm not sure if any will be. First time hitting in 4 months... Pretty ugly
I also forgot to buy some pepperoni bread, so another reason I want to go back.
[/quote]

Hopefully by next week most of the snow will be melted. It'd be nice to be able to play somewhere tuesday but the chances are probably slim. If you're heading up tomorrow let us know.

For sure, post here if you'll be there. I am thinking here real soon some courses might try opening up, and you can bet I'll be trying to get out. If anyone hears of anywhere opening up, please post here!

I am off work Tuesday at 3:45, I could probably be in Kent by 4:30 and hit 9.

[quote name='domc36' timestamp='1394201895' post='8818687']
Bedford, in the Coitsville area, is always open. But you get what you pay for there.
[/quote]

I have played Bedford a couple times. I always thought it was a decent little course, for the money. Knoll Run right down the street is probably a notch above it (and just a slightly higher price point), but I thought Bedford provided some challenges and was well maintained. I think I played it via GolfNow and the My Loop card, never paid more than $15 for 18 and a cart at Bedford. I think Knoll Run through GolfNow and My Loop was around $18-$20 for 18 & cart? Dollar for dollar, Bedford is maintained much better and a better value than Kennsington, IMO.

Oak Knolls probably drains as well as anything in this area but I cannot imagine that place is gonna be playable by Tuesday. I would be shocked if they let carts go out but then again maybe I wouldn't. I drove by there yesterday and I just don't see it being playable by then. 18 teeing off at 4:30?

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1394208758' post='8819503']
I am off work Tuesday at 3:45, I could probably be in Kent by [b]4:30 and hit 9[/b].
[/quote]

Depending on how much of the predicted dusting of snow falls Saturday night, a few days in a row of windy & 50's could really do a course well on the drying front. I would walk if I was playing 9, so not concerned about carts. I'm sure if it's even an option, it will be soggy (to say the least), and junk balls/ winter rules will be the order of the day. Or maybe I'm letting a long winter get to me and playing this soon is just a pipe dream?