THE RORS 006 THREAD: per @NikeGolf It's Time. #ReleaseThePutter 4.15.15

wldchld22

How about the Covert 2.0 forged?? Any pic´s of them yet?? I´m not sure if I am getting 2.0 or PC´s. Got both the last PC and the VRs forged. Problem with PC´s is that they are not as forgiving as I want on bad days and the VRs forged is that I am hooking with them.

Callaway Rogue driver 10.5 Kuro Kage
Callaway Rogue 5 wood ADDI
Callaway Rogue 7 wood ADDI
Titleist 818 H1 21 Tensei CK
PXG 0311 5-W ACCRA 80i
Titleist 50 ACCRA 90i
Titleist 54 KBS Hi-Rev2
Nike Vr 58 KBS Hi-Rev
Scotty Cameron Futura 5X Circle-T

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='eppey' timestamp='1378133747' post='7785481']
Thanks for the uploads. [b]No blades on the combos?[/b]

As above, disappointed by the putter lines.

Guess I will wait and see how they feel in my hands before truly passing judgment but by looks alone my wallet is safe from the 2014 gear.
[/quote]

I know, it doesn't even say "CB" on the product. Like the latest version that released. They had a separate labeling, VR pro combo and VR pro combo CB

Wondering if they do have a new 2014 model with the PW-8 a blade, 7-5, split cavity 4-3, pocket cavity?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='cartwright' timestamp='1378131280' post='7785329']
Ok guys... Here are the pages of the 2014 Catalogue that I think you'd like to see. Unfortunately there are no pics of the new woods yet.[attachment=1860947:Putters 1.pdf][attachment=1860949:Putters 2.pdf][attachment=1860951:Irons.pdf]
[/quote]

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. I cant remeber a release i was anticipating this much, and to be let down this much.

NIKE I HOPE YOU ARE READING THE COMMENTS IN THIS BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I game a complete Nike bag except Putter (Piretti Matera proto) and 3 Hybrid (Adams XTD).

I wanted the putters to be so much better than they are. I cant imagine who is giving them feedback. They are so ugly I wont even demo one. I will stick with Piretti if these are the only new options

On the irons, there is nothing new there to get me to move from my pro-combos. I was hoping for someting that was half way between what they are showing in this release and the VRS forged, which i use for my 4 iron.

I will wait for the fairway release. I hope they come out with a covert tour without the red swoosh. My SQ2 4 wood has been solid for many years, but i would like to upgrade. I can handle the red, but not the red and the swoosh.

I for one am excited about the new PC irons. I wish I could get a whole set of the pocket cavities, especially now that they apparently have the polymer filling to help with the sound. I will hold off my judgement on the new putters. It is almost like Nike is trying too hard not to make a traditional putter like Rory's (and trying to avoid the Cameron/Ping copy cat label). I like that they are trying to make innovative designs, but they need to be coupled with the more traditional offerings.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1378148565' post='7786401']
I was unable to load the putter pics but I'm not liking what people are saying already...
[/quote]
Method Core hasn't changed much. Just a couple of new models. Method Modern Classics (I think is the correct name) is somewhat blah. I think they'll look better in person, but not what many were hoping for.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I could get behind that MOD 00, but I would probably have to do some paintfill to help. Im thinking the middle three lines white, then the rest black, or orange or something to contrast. I feel this would help alignment. Makes a type of frame out of it instead of a bunch of lines surrounding one white line

Forever Changing at this point.......

:WTF: EPIC FAIL!!!!!! dissapointing to say the least. Guess I'll buy the Odyseey Pro Type 2 ball. All the hype for a fall flat on your face. Guys from The Oven did a great job hyping stuff up too. See why now. I would too if it was free. I understand Tai and them have custom putters,but why cannot us normal Joes get a nice looking putter. Nevermind I asked. Looks like we can for thousands of dollars,if we stick with 009's and other custom scottys.

what the f*** nike, you had us all pumped and this is what you bring to the table, :nono:

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Ventus Blue TR 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/DG 120 X100

W/S Forged 50* w/DG TI S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG TI S400

Kia Ma Daytona TP
TP5X 24'

What an epic fail. This putters are hideous. They can release a putter that looks like a bullseye (MOD 90) but can't make anything actually classic looking? Who sits in a room and decides these are the best they can do?? And the irons are way too similar to last years. But hey that's what Titleist does with their CB/MB line. They can still make up for it with the new covert forged and ltd woods but this really makes me shake my head. Especially the putters.

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

I guess that I'm annoyed...every time that I think Nike is going to do something right, they disappoint. Such a letdown and people wonder why Nike gets so much "hate" around here? Look to this thread for the easy answer from now on.

I don't care that people on here get trips/visits to manufacturers. But, when they pump up releases and share items that won't EVER be released to the general public, it gets a little obnoxious.

[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1378151435' post='7786607']
I guess that I'm annoyed...every time that I think Nike is going to do something right, they disappoint. Such a letdown and people wonder why Nike gets so much "hate" around here? Look to this thread for the easy answer from now on.

I don't care that people on here get trips/visits to manufacturers. But, when they pump up releases and share items that won't EVER be released to the general public, it gets a little obnoxious.
[/quote]

That's perfectly stated. I felt the same way

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

While it is not what I was picturing, I will not say they look bad until I see them in person. I did that with the Covert driver from a picture, and then loved the look when I saw it in hand.

Really hope the weights are interchangeable though. I was looking to get the 003 model with weights.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

I was unable to load the putter pics but I'm not liking what people are saying already...

Thanks to cartwright for the photos. Like most, I am disappointed. I knew we probably weren't going to get a Roy putter. But at least Nike could have done a better job.

And ill Pass on the VR pro combo, seeing as there is no combo. No blades.

mkb42w.png

dh9zte.png

2vj63ko.png

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

i am glad i bought my method this year... loving the 342g and the 35 inch length with a C taper - god knows the swing weight.... beats the new offerings!!!

Irons look nice to me... dont beat my SB-1s... having said that it was the SB-1s, Miura tournament blades or the Nike blades 2 years ago when i bought mine...

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

I'm intrigued by the modern classics. Like many I am disappointed too, but lets think about this.

These putters and irons were probably in the works before our boys met with the Oven. Remember remember the 5th of november...oh wait. I mean lets think that in a few months and maybe in the spring some new stuff that came from their input might come to light.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1378154436' post='7786889']
I'm intrigued by the modern classics. Like many I am disappointed too, but lets think about this.

These putters and irons were probably in the works before our boys met with the Oven. Remember remember the 5th of november...oh wait. I mean lets think that in a few months and maybe in the spring some new stuff that came from their input might come to light.
[/quote]
Man we're getting flamed for this. While the PCs are the irons we saw and some got fitted for at the Oven, we had no insight into the putters. It's a little unfair to say we hyped putters we knew nothing about.

And to be fair, we didn't say the new PCs would be revolutionary. We said they were similar with some new tech to make them appeal to more people. The polymer in the pocket cavities supposedly make them less clicky and feel more like the rest of the set.

Yikes.. putter line looks really bad. Maybe next line will incorporate more feedback from the pro's and the feedback we gave them with the putters we got. This new line of putters is not doing our Oven experience any justice, just saying.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='dlamb83' timestamp='1378149731' post='7786461']
:WTF: EPIC FAIL!!!!!! dissapointing to say the least. Guess I'll buy the Odyseey Pro Type 2 ball. All the hype for a fall flat on your face. Guys from The Oven did a great job hyping stuff up too. See why now. I would too if it was free. I understand Tai and them have custom putters,but why cannot us normal Joes get a nice looking putter. Nevermind I asked. Looks like we can for thousands of dollars,if we stick with 009's and other custom scottys.
[/quote]
First off, I took a full bag of Nike gear with me, so I try and hype their product even when I have to pay for it, so you can calm down the bashing. Not like Nike asked us to design the equipment they would release.

We can't help it if Nike really went beyond the norm and did some special stuff for us. I got fitted for a Method Core 11. I didn't ask for a milled version. They surprised us with the pimped out putters and wedges. I know MNNikeguy got fitted for the Midnight 006. He didn't ask for the Casey model. So yeah, when the stuff came in we wanted to show it off.

I find it amazing that people are somehow complaining about the fact that we all got early insight into what Nike brought out because they were kind enough to pay for people to come get professionally fitted for free golf clubs. Whether or not you personally like the lineup is irrelevant, the sense of entitlement on this forum blows me away some days. The guys who went hyped their experience and personal equipment.

We as a forum are not a significant market presence. We may be a well informed one, but in no way do we represent what the market as a whole wants in equipment. Joe schmoe the average golfer doesn't care if it's the exact putter Rory has if it puts the ball in the hole.

Cobra Bio Cell Plus
913 Fd Fubuki K 70S
913 HD 21*
5-PW Tourstage GR X-Blade Forged
Mizuno MP T4 52,56,60
White Hot Versa #9

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; I think the pro combos and line of putters look great....but hey, I like blondes, not red heads. The mod series offers excellent tech, meaning: that putters are designed to fit a stroke. This line of FB, 30*, 60* and 90* toe down offers something for every stroke....assuming you like the look. Awesome job Nike..Me like!

As for the irons: well what did Titleist staffers say...."don't screw 'em up". Nike followed the same approach. The PCs are a great forging. They made some minor adjustments and improved them. If you want blades as part of the set, then order the blades you want and the PCs you want....problem solved!

I don't give 2 craps about the hyping or who got what in their trip.

Custom stuff should be rare enough so it carries value.

I do think Nike should have a custom option to catch up with everyone else. They def have the money to do it.

I think the putters don't look that great but to have a set that is a combo set yet offers no blade option is stupid.

[/quote]

dlamb83 - Trust me, I am as disappointed as you are with the pics of the new putter line. I feel fortunate to have the putter that I have from Nike, but I feel that the line pictured does ZERO justice to the experience we had at the Oven, and also the capabilities Nike and the Oven have. I hope that my reviews were not viewed as "hyping" as I did my best to try to keep it as neutral and fact based as possible (just as I do anything I review on here). I honestly was giving them the props I felt they deserved as the grassroots nature of the Oven really changed my perception of what I typically viewed them as (similar to the pics we have seen in the putter release). I'm sure this line was in progress long before our trip to the Oven was even a blip on their radar, so I still feel optimistic they will consider our input on WRX for their next line.

I played zero Nike clubs going into the Oven trip, and there is a really good chance that I play zero Nike clubs after the Oven trip, but that doesn't change my opinion about my experience or the people behind Nike Golf. I just play what is best for my game, and I am confident that one day my bag will have a few Nike clubs in it that are just flat out better than anything else I have tried.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Grim' timestamp='1378157037' post='7787107']
I don't give 2 craps about the hyping or who got what in their trip.

Custom stuff should be rare enough so it carries value.

I do think Nike should have a custom option to catch up with everyone else. They def have the money to do it.

I think the putters don't look that great but to have a set that is a combo set yet offers no blade option is stupid.
[/quote]

I'm interested to see the blade option, I got fitted for the blades and opted to wait for the "new" models, and have not seen or heard anything about the new blades yet.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

New blades will be released in the spring. They will have the same graphics as the pc's and will have a very similar shape to the current set of blades. Covert 2.0 will also be released at that time. As for the putters we have been seeing (rory and watney) those putters will be added like the method midnight was (later in the year with a satin finish). Those will not be released yet until feedback from the tour is complete.

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1378157218' post='7787135']
[/quote]

dlamb83 - Trust me, I am as disappointed as you are with the pics of the new putter line. I feel fortunate to have the putter that I have from Nike, but I feel that the line pictured does ZERO justice to the experience we had at the Oven, and also the capabilities Nike and the Oven have. I hope that my reviews were not viewed as "hyping" as I did my best to try to keep it as neutral and fact based as possible (just as I do anything I review on here). I honestly was giving them the props I felt they deserved as the grassroots nature of the Oven really changed my perception of what I typically viewed them as (similar to the pics we have seen in the putter release). I'm sure this line was in progress long before our trip to the Oven was even a blip on their radar, so I still feel optimistic they will consider our input on WRX for their next line.

I played zero Nike clubs going into the Oven trip, and there is a really good chance that I play zero Nike clubs after the Oven trip, but that doesn't change my opinion about my experience or the people behind Nike Golf. I just play what is best for my game, and I am confident that one day my bag will have a few Nike clubs in it that are just flat out better than anything else I have tried.
[/quote]

Completly agree. Maybe I was quick to jump the hype gun. I do apoligize as it was about the experience rather than what clubs were,or were not offred. Not fair to bash the oven guys,as you guys just were given red carpet,just like any other oem would do.