2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

THE RORS 006 THREAD: per @NikeGolf It's Time. #ReleaseThePutter 4.15.15

wldchld22

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1378155565' post='7786991']
[quote name='dlamb83' timestamp='1378149731' post='7786461']
:WTF: EPIC FAIL!!!!!! dissapointing to say the least. Guess I'll buy the Odyseey Pro Type 2 ball. All the hype for a fall flat on your face. Guys from The Oven did a great job hyping stuff up too. See why now. I would too if it was free. I understand Tai and them have custom putters,but why cannot us normal Joes get a nice looking putter. Nevermind I asked. Looks like we can for thousands of dollars,if we stick with 009's and other custom scottys.
[/quote]
First off, I took a full bag of Nike gear with me, so I try and hype their product even when I have to pay for it, so you can calm down the bashing. Not like Nike asked us to design the equipment they would release.

We can't help it if Nike really went beyond the norm and did some special stuff for us. I got fitted for a Method Core 11. I didn't ask for a milled version. They surprised us with the pimped out putters and wedges. I know MNNikeguy got fitted for the Midnight 006. He didn't ask for the Casey model. So yeah, when the stuff came in we wanted to show it off.
[/quote]

Ya I don't know why bringing you guys into this is logical? you guys had an awesome experience and NIke wanted to make it special for yall which they obviously did. haha I hope next year they bring putters that are more of what we want, but for real they still have very good gear. If I was in the market for new irons would I go for the new ones over the old ones? Yes, the polymer in the pocket cavity to make it feel better seems worth it. Plus they are more simple/better looking than previous model. I think most here are still just very jealous of your experience (I know I am haha) I really wanted a milled 11 but maybe next year.

Forever Changing at this point.......

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1378155421' post='7786979']
Yikes.. putter line looks really bad. Maybe next line will incorporate more feedback from the pro's and the feedback we gave them with the putters we got. This new line of putters is not doing our Oven experience any justice, just saying.
[/quote]

I was so excited about the putter line but this looks terrible IMHO. Hopefully Nike will listen and deliver in 2015...

[quote name='j.hayes65' timestamp='1378157446' post='7787165']
New blades will be released in the spring. They will have the same graphics as the pc's and will have a very similar shape to the current set of blades. Covert 2.0 will also be released at that time. As for the putters we have been seeing (rory and watney) those putters will be added like the method midnight was (later in the year with a satin finish). Those will not be released yet until feedback from the tour is complete.
[/quote]

I hope that this is accurate! If so, Nike still has a chance to compete my bag. When you say the Watney/Rory model will be released later in the year are you referring to 2013?

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1378154966' post='7786943']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1378154436' post='7786889']
I'm intrigued by the modern classics. Like many I am disappointed too, but lets think about this.

These putters and irons were probably in the works before our boys met with the Oven. Remember remember the 5th of november...oh wait. I mean lets think that in a few months and maybe in the spring some new stuff that came from their input might come to light.
[/quote]
I'm intrigued by the modern classics. Like many I am disappointed too, but lets think about this.

These putters and irons were probably in the works before our boys met with the Oven. Remember remember the 5th of november...oh wait. I mean lets think that in a few months and maybe in the spring some new stuff that came from their input might come to light.
[/quote]
Man we're getting flamed for this. While the PCs are the irons we saw and some got fitted for at the Oven, we had no insight into the putters. It's a little unfair to say we hyped putters we knew nothing about.

And to be fair, we didn't say the new PCs would be revolutionary. We said they were similar with some new tech to make them appeal to more people. The polymer in the pocket cavities supposedly make them less clicky and feel more like the rest of the set.
[/quote]

@MN, @Pure, @Shakey...

I'm not blaming you guys are calling you out at all. Like I said in my post...product cycles take some time. I'm sure these were in the works. I'm ecstatic at a the idea of a multi material iron set. Pro combos were good to begin with. Why mess with it? just add some tech.

Plus people need to remember method midnight was introduced in the spring. There is still hope for the ProtoTai!

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1378160996' post='7787469']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Man we're getting flamed for this. While the PCs are the irons we saw and some got fitted for at the Oven, we had no insight into the putters. It's a little unfair to say we hyped putters we knew nothing about.

And to be fair, we didn't say the new PCs would be revolutionary. We said they were similar with some new tech to make them appeal to more people. The polymer in the pocket cavities supposedly make them less clicky and feel more like the rest of the set.
[/quote]

@MN, @Pure, @Shakey...

I'm not blaming you guys are calling you out at all. Like I said in my post...product cycles take some time. I'm sure these were in the works. I'm ecstatic at a the idea of a multi material iron set. Pro combos were good to begin with. Why mess with it? just add some tech.

Plus people need to remember method midnight was introduced in the spring. There is still hope for the ProtoTai!
[/quote]
Wldchld22....I wasn't quoting you in a negative way. Sorry it seems that way. I picked your quote because of the logical way you responded to the other negative comments.

I think the putters will look better in person. I'm still looking to add either the 00 or the 30 to my ever growing Method collection. I think I'll pick up the PCs as well to give me another option to my VRS forged.
We didn't see anything about Covert 2.0 stuff, so I hope they really surprise us with those. .

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='dlamb83' timestamp='1378158171' post='7787245']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1378157218' post='7787135']
[quote name='dlamb83' timestamp='1378149731' post='7786461']
:WTF: EPIC FAIL!!!!!! dissapointing to say the least. Guess I'll buy the Odyseey Pro Type 2 ball. All the hype for a fall flat on your face. Guys from The Oven did a great job hyping stuff up too. See why now. I would too if it was free. I understand Tai and them have custom putters,but why cannot us normal Joes get a nice looking putter. Nevermind I asked. Looks like we can for thousands of dollars,if we stick with 009's and other custom scottys.
[/quote]

dlamb83 - Trust me, I am as disappointed as you are with the pics of the new putter line. I feel fortunate to have the putter that I have from Nike, but I feel that the line pictured does ZERO justice to the experience we had at the Oven, and also the capabilities Nike and the Oven have. I hope that my reviews were not viewed as "hyping" as I did my best to try to keep it as neutral and fact based as possible (just as I do anything I review on here). I honestly was giving them the props I felt they deserved as the grassroots nature of the Oven really changed my perception of what I typically viewed them as (similar to the pics we have seen in the putter release). I'm sure this line was in progress long before our trip to the Oven was even a blip on their radar, so I still feel optimistic they will consider our input on WRX for their next line.

I played zero Nike clubs going into the Oven trip, and there is a really good chance that I play zero Nike clubs after the Oven trip, but that doesn't change my opinion about my experience or the people behind Nike Golf. I just play what is best for my game, and I am confident that one day my bag will have a few Nike clubs in it that are just flat out better than anything else I have tried.
[/quote]

Completly agree. Maybe I was quick to jump the hype gun. I do apoligize as it was about the experience rather than what clubs were,or were not offred. Not fair to bash the oven guys,as you guys just were given red carpet,just like any other oem would do.
[/quote]

I was surprised at how little of the new lines we actually got to see.. pretty much none of it, seriously. The only thing we saw or got any hints at was the Pro Combo iron, and I think arms were twisted just to allow us a peek at that iron! I'm glad they didn't show us the putters, I'm not sure I would have been able to hide my initial reaction to those putters when compared to the insane prototypes we saw there (or the 009 that was in my bag) :) I have faith in Nike to get it right, better than right actually, and make some really great clubs.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I love my VRS forged although I do think they could look cleaner simpler. I really hope they don't model them after the covert irons currently out. If they do though no worries because I'll have no problem saving my money and keeping my current vrs forged. I just really hope the Covert limited glued 3 wood comes out and wouldnt mind a more pear shaped covert like the version 3 (i believe) or version 5. Don't mind if the driver is still adjustable just please make a glued covert fairway that has the same profile as my VR Pro LE 3 wood because so far nothing I've hit beats that.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1378161791' post='7787519']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1378160996' post='7787469']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

@MN, @Pure, @Shakey...

[/quote]
Wldchld22....I wasn't quoting you in a negative way. Sorry it seems that way. I picked your quote because of the logical way you responded to the other negative comments.

I think the putters will look better in person. I'm still looking to add either the 00 or the 30 to my ever growing Method collection. I think I'll pick up the PCs as well to give me another option to my VRS forged.
We didn't see anything about Covert 2.0 stuff, so I hope they really surprise us with those. .
[/quote]

Ya I really could see getting a 00 the sight lines are a little busy but not at all terrible. I could also see myself getting a 90 just because it is like a new style bullseye. Pretty cool in my opinion

Forever Changing at this point.......

New blades will be released in the spring. They will have the same graphics as the pc's and will have a very similar shape to the current set of blades. Covert 2.0 will also be released at that time. As for the putters we have been seeing (rory and watney) those putters will be added like the method midnight was (later in the year with a satin finish). Those will not be released yet until feedback from the tour is complete.
[/quote]any word on new woods?

[/quote]

I wonder what they will call this new putter line when they come out since it will be a satin finish and not the midnight finish???

[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1378165854' post='7787839']
I actually think it's smart to just have the ProCombo be pocket cavity and split cavity. That is what I would buy anyway, and probably the majority of potential buyers.

If you want blades, they make a full set of blades.
[/quote]or just order a split set?

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1378165498' post='7787815']
[/quote]

I wonder what they will call this new putter line when they come out since it will be a satin finish and not the midnight finish???
[/quote]
Nike could call it Method "T". It could stand for Tour or Tai..whichever you like (assuming they release the Rory model)!

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1378166460' post='7787895']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1378165498' post='7787815']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nike could call it Method "T". It could stand for Tour or Tai..whichever you like (assuming they release the Rory model)!
[/quote]

That would be fine with me since my first name starts with a T too!

[quote name='RjBern10' timestamp='1378171086' post='7788347']
Seriously, no LH option in the PC? Is that for the November release or not an option at all? First no LH option in the CBs, then in the VRS, now the '14 PCs? Wow!
[/quote]
I think it's funny that you're upset about no LH options, yet you have right handed clubs in your avatar... Just an observation

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1378171964' post='7788409']
[quote name='RjBern10' timestamp='1378171086' post='7788347']
Seriously, no LH option in the PC? Is that for the November release or not an option at all? First no LH option in the CBs, then in the VRS, now the '14 PCs? Wow!
[/quote]
I think it's funny that you're upset about no LH options, yet you have right handed clubs in your avatar... Just an observation
[/quote]

Sorry let me go take some photos of the LH options to clarify.

Anyone know if the groove pattern on the CB is like the original Vr SC's or is it like the Vr ll Blades (most recent model)? I can't stand looking at a large amount of small grooves!

Nike Vr Tour 9.5. GD AD-DI 6S
Nike Dymo 15. BB 63S. Nike SQ2 19.UST V2
Nike Vr Forged SC 5-P. KBS Tour
Nike Vr Pro 50, 54. DG S400
Scratch Forged 58 GR8 grind. KBS Tour
Nike Method MCi3. Iomic White Midsize

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1378159545' post='7787351']
Yikes.. putter line looks really bad. Maybe next line will incorporate more feedback from the pro's and the feedback we gave them with the putters we got. This new line of putters is not doing our Oven experience any justice, just saying.
[/quote]

I was so excited about the putter line but this looks terrible IMHO. Hopefully Nike will listen and deliver in 2015...
[/quote]
I have never and would never own a Nike club but the putters don't look that bad..... What am I missing?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='Zach Heusser' timestamp='1378174797' post='7788663']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1378159545' post='7787351']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I have never and would never own a Nike club but the putters don't look that bad..... What am I missing?
[/quote]

I'm just not a fan of any of those designs. I was hoping when I heard the name "Method Classic" that we may get a design like the RM006. These designs do nothing for me even though they could be great. I'll just keep my 001 and MM006 and call it a day.

[quote name='nick.woods76' timestamp='1378175900' post='7788741']
There is a new leader in the clubhouse for irons in 2014!!

Love the Pro Combo - love Nikes Forged wedges as well!

Going to hit the MP54s, AP2s and Pro Combos when they come out and walk out of the store with one of them....

When do these come out?
[/quote][quote name='nick.woods76' timestamp='1378175900' post='7788741']

Going to hit the MP54s, AP2s and Pro Combos when they come out and walk out of the store with one of them....

When do these come out?
[/quote]

November.

[quote name='csiachos' timestamp='1378176256' post='7788759']
I would like to know about the grooves as well. The Vr forged wedges have less grooves than the Vr Pro wedges. I'm assuming the irons will be the same as the Vr forged, but the pic of the new iron's face makes it look like they're a ton if grooves there.
[/quote]
I know we talked about this when they showed us the irons. I just can't remember.

[quote name='nick.woods76' timestamp='1378175900' post='7788741']

When do these come out?
[/quote]
I'm with you. I thought these looked great when we saw them at the Oven and I still do. People wanted a classic look that wasn't very flashy. Check. People wanted them to be satin. Check.

Like it was said earlier, if its working good, just tweak it. Titleist barely changed the 710 MBs to the 712s to the 714s. Just minor changes and people say they look great. Nike makes a few tweaks to an already solid iron and everyone's disappointed. I don't get it.

[quote name='BdaGolfer' timestamp='1378177102' post='7788821']
For the guys who were at the Oven and opted for the new PCs, did you know what the set makeup would be? Was there a blade option (in the same finish?).
[/quote]
I went all CB's or split what you want to call them. Pure I think went blades not sure.

I thought they said you'd be able to order them in any combo.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]