2014 Taylormade TP CB, MC & MB Pics (American release photos and spec sheets)

MorikawaTMAG

[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1384472376' post='8150150']
I think you need to get with TMAG to tell them what the slot is for because this is what they say on their website:

"[color=#666666][size=3]The Speed Pocket performs where golfers need it most. Our research indicates that 72% of shots by 5- to 25-handicappers are impacted below the center of the face, which typically results in low-launching shots of inconsistent distance."[/size][/color]

[color=#666666][size=3]Sure sounds like they want to even out distances. [/size][/color]

[color=#666666][size=3]As for injecting technology...this is a players iron. They already have a full line of GI clubs full of technology. I'm sure the SpeedBlade will get a SpeedBlade Max and SpeedBlade Tour line just like the original RBZ line did and the RocketBladez did after them. Differentiation would be not putting the slot into their Player's Line. [/size][/color]
[/quote]
So you suggest their line should consist of ONE super-forgiving SGI club (Speedblade) that caters to 90% of the golfing public and THREE all-forged unforgiving clubs for the remaining 10%? Why not use the technology if you have it and blend it through the lines?

If you don't need the forgiveness that the slot offers, get the MB. You must be a good enough stick.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1384474818' post='8150340']
So you suggest their line should consist of ONE super-forgiving SGI club (Speedblade) that caters to 90% of the golfing public and THREE all-forged unforgiving clubs for the remaining 10%? Why not use the technology if you have it and blend it through the lines?

If you don't need the forgiveness that the slot offers, get the MB. You must be a good enough stick.
[/quote]

If you read my post you'd realize I'm saying the exact opposite. TMAG had a chance to really create different lines of clubs for different players. By putting the slot everywhere they blur the lines and cloud the meaning of Tour Preferred.

[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1384475627' post='8150416']
[/quote]
If you read my post you'd realize I'm saying the exact opposite. TMAG had a chance to really create different lines of clubs for different players. By putting the slot everywhere they blur the lines and cloud the meaning of Tour Preferred.
[/quote]
Their lineup consists of:[list]
[*]Forged players MB. No slots.
[*]Forged players MC short irons, cast players MC long irons with slot.
[*]Cast players CB with slots in long irons.
[*]Cast GI CB with slots in the long irons.
[/list]
I think that is a pretty good progression. What would you change? Just take to the slot out of the MC?

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1384476705' post='8150524']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/list]
I think that is a pretty good progression. What would you change? Just take to the slot out of the MC?
[/quote]

Exactly! Why does the MC iron need the slot? I think someone else mentioned that the CB is the equivalent of the SpeedBlade Tour. If that's the case then just make it the SpeedBlade Tour and keep the TP line as the MB and MC. This would allow both TP offerings to be fully forged which is more beneficial to the better player than the slot would be. I think some folks think I'm a TMAG hater when in fact I'm a huge TMAG supporter. I've mentioned the number of TMAG clubs I have or currently own and the fact that my whole bag next year could be all TMAG.

[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1384478149' post='8150694']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1384476705' post='8150524']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/list]
[/quote]

Exactly! Why does the MC iron need the slot? I think someone else mentioned that the CB is the equivalent of the SpeedBlade Tour. If that's the case then just make it the SpeedBlade Tour and keep the TP line as the MB and MC. This would allow both TP offerings to be fully forged which is more beneficial to the better player than the slot would be. I think some folks think I'm a TMAG hater when in fact I'm a huge TMAG supporter. I've mentioned the number of TMAG clubs I have or currently own and the fact that my whole bag next year could be all TMAG.
[/quote]
I'm with you here. love TMaG equipment and softlines. I have to think that there is going to be some difference in head size, shape and lines with the MC. I was hoping for a fully forged MC line to replace the the previous model. Honestly, I don't care about the slot and what it does, I really wanted a forged muscle cavity iron from TaylorMade. That's all. But knowing TMaG, this will come out in March 2014

TaylorMade SLDR 9.5, 6.2 VC MotoSpeeder
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3W, 'ahina
Mizuno MP59 3-7, MP69 7-P, 5.5 PXI
Scratch 50, 56, 60 Driver/Slider
Scotty Cameron Del Mar
Callaway Chrome+

[quote name='lawsonman' timestamp='1384473897' post='8150264']
555 posts and unless I missed it,no major TM bashing! I'm buying a lottery ticket. I never thought I would see the day. :yes:
[/quote]

They suck.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384473988' post='8150268']
[quote name='deck' timestamp='1384472012' post='8150124']
So I'm curious to the difference to the CB and the Tours of last year. What's changed? Slot looks the same. Doesn't look like the difference that they injected into the new speed blades. Wider and the handle bars.
[/quote]

The slot in the CB and MC are the same as the Speedblade. So, the new CB TP iron becomes the "speedblade tour" that many have expected.
[/quote]

Size wise it almost looks like the CB is slightly larger than RBT the MC look more similar in size

Gonna maybe try out the Speedbladez.... not because these are terrible... they're just too much club for me. There. I said it.

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384462911' post='8149418']
[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1384274160' post='8137294']
second pic is mine, the rest are from fellow members who posted them in this thread (Just incase you didnt want to go through the entire thread).

[color=#ff0000][b]Note: Irons will not have TP badge on them, only on prototypes[/b][/color]

[u][b]Major questions and answers discussed in the thread:[/b][/u]

[b]Will all of the TP line be forged?[/b]

In the MB's (Muscle Backs) all irons will be forged and will not have a speed pocket.
In the MC's (Muscle Cavity) The 3-7 will be cast and will have a speed pocket, 8-P will be forged
In the CB's (Cavity Back) the 3-7 will be cast and will have a speed pocket,[b] 8-p will be forged[/b]
[/quote]

OP- Where are you getting this information that the CB 8-P will be forged? Word on the street is that the entire CB line will be cast and only the MC will be split cast/ forged.
[/quote]

I am sorry bout the confusion, I already corrected it.

Honolulu, Hi
WITB Link

[quote name='MorikawaTMAG' timestamp='1384484262' post='8151246']
I like how there are a couple people who say something about the TP badge in every single post they make, saying it multiple times wont make it happen so sadly you will just have to face the facts.
[/quote]

I actually agree with this, the badge probably a'int gonna happen. That does not mean we have to like the current "tour preferred" paintfill text though. Someone posted a photoshopped pic of the irons with nothing on the back and they looked so clean and nice. Obviously the paint can be removed, or it covered with lead tape, and those are both viable options, but, the general consensus on this thread has been decidedly anti "tour preferred" text. That's true whether we like the badge or not.

[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1384472784' post='8150194']
[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1384464184' post='8149512']
[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1384460410' post='8149228']
After reading most every page of this thread I'm a little lost as to what TMAG is trying to sell here. The slot just doesn't make sense in the TP range. It's like trying to sell SGI irons that are forged. Folks buying the TP line are already accomplished ball strikers that know their yardages. They're not the folks that hit their ball different distances with each swing and thus could use the slot to even out the yardages. Putting the slot in at the expense of forged irons is also a miss. TMAG's competition (Titleist 714 MB, CB, AP2, Nike Pro Combo and MB and Mizuno MP line) are all forged. Even Callaway's APEX Tour line is forged. Only TMAG is coming to this party without a complete line of Forged clubs in their Player's Irons series. I don't understand their positioning. Anyone who's read my posts knows that I love my TMAG stuff and play a bunch of their clubs currently but this release doesn't make sense to me. It seems like their trying too hard to push/justify the slot at the expense of their premier iron product line. As for the badge v. words. Leave them both off. The clubs look better without it. The 712 MB and MP4 lines prove that less is more.
[/quote]

If what you're saying is true, then how do you explain the new forged xtd irons from Adams?? Why does the slot = game improvement??? And even if it does, there are plenty of pros, let alone low HC golfers, who know their distances but also like some forgiveness...How popular are the AP2s???

I can understand people's frustration around not having a premium forged players CB type iron, but to state that the slot/cast combination somehow means that TM isn't "making sense" well, it doesn't make sense...
[/quote]

The reason the AP2s are so successful is because they are every bit as precise as a MB but with the forgiveness of a cavity. There's nothing magical about them. The fact that they are now forged makes them even more of a player's iron. TMAG on their own website claims that the slot is for golfers with inconsistent gaps. The SpeedPocket isn't about forgiveness. It's trying to cover up a lack of skill or swing issues. That's not an issue for better players. Here's the quote again:

[color=#666666][size=3]The Speed Pocket performs where golfers need it most. Our research indicates that 72% of shots by 5- to 25-handicappers are impacted below the center of the face, which typically results in low-launching shots of inconsistent distance.[/size][/color]

TMAG already caters to this crowd with the SpeedBlade irons. The TP line is supposed to cater to a different level of golfer. Putting the slot in mixes messages. That's why it doesn't make sense. Who is the CB iron for if it's cast and has a slot and is larger than the MB? Isn't that what the SpeedBlade is for? This isn't a new issue. Remember the TP CB and the R11 irons? They were the same club with different lofts. I should know...I owned them.
[/quote]

The TP CB will have a thinner topline and less offset than the speed blade...its geared towards the golfer who prefers the look of a players iron but still needs the forgiveness..

A little paint thinner and that TOUR PREFERRED would look pretty slick.

Taylormade TP5

The Speed Pocket tech. used by TM allows balls struck below CG on the face to be launched higher than if the club did not have the speedpocket. This applies regardless of whom is swinging the club.
It simply has more value to a hihger handi than a lower handi because the hihger has more strikes below thr CG.

Therefore, it is valuable to all players that use this head with the speedpocket. And is not in anyway a disadvantage.

The problem is we don't know if this is a speedblade speedpocket or not?
This could be simply a face flex style tech. which provides overall better consistency across the face, which is different than the speedpocket.
We will need to wait for design details from TM.

Note: the slot in the sole of the new Adams xtd is not a speedpocket, but is a face flex tech. So, the new TM TP irons may be doing something like that rathrd than using a tre speed pocket.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='is1ander' timestamp='1384490536' post='8151706']
MBs with a slot?? Interesting.
[/quote]

negative ghost rider. no slot

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384487395' post='8151498']
The Speed Pocket tech. used by TM allows balls struck below CG on the face to be launched higher than if the club did not have the speedpocket. This applies regardless of whom is swinging the club.
It simply has more value to a hihger handi than a lower handi because the hihger has more strikes below thr CG.

Therefore, it is valuable to all players that use this head with the speedpocket. And is not in anyway a disadvantage.

This could be simply a face flex style tech. which provides overall better consistency across the face, which is different than the speedpocket.

Note: the slot in the sole of the new Adams xtd is not a speedpocket, but is a face flex tech. So, the new TM TP irons may be doing something like that rathrd than using a tre speed pocket.
[/quote]

So can you please explain the difference between the TM speedslot and a flex face slot, for those of us who don't know the difference.

WITB Link

[quote name='peterra671' timestamp='1384519224' post='8152436']
[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384487395' post='8151498']

[/quote]

So can you please explain the difference between the TM speedslot and a flex face slot, for those of us who don't know the difference.
[/quote]

Read the bottom of the page about "Fast Face" and "Performance"
[url="http://taylormadegolf.com/taylormade/speedblade-irons/DW-SQ047.html"]http://taylormadegolf.com/taylormade/speedblade-irons/DW-SQ047.html[/url]

I suspect that the slot in the TP irons is in fact the "Speed Pocket".
1. It has the same sole characteristics as in the Speed Blade;
2. It only extends thru the 7 iron just like in the Speed Blade.

The Adams XTD irons have the slot in all irons which is reflective of it being for Fast Face tech...not speed pocket tech.

So, the remaining question revolves around what fast face tech is in the TP irons? Is it like the thin face tech in the Speed Blade?

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='Pritam' timestamp='1384472784' post='8150194']
[color=#666666][size=3]The Speed Pocket performs where golfers need it most. Our research indicates that 72% of shots by 5- to 25-handicappers are impacted below the center of the face, which typically results in low-launching shots of inconsistent distance.[/size][/color]

TMAG already caters to this crowd with the SpeedBlade irons. The TP line is supposed to cater to a different level of golfer. Putting the slot in mixes messages. That's why it doesn't make sense. Who is the CB iron for if it's cast and has a slot and is larger than the MB? Isn't that what the SpeedBlade is for? This isn't a new issue. Remember the TP CB and the R11 irons? They were the same club with different lofts. I should know...I owned them.
[/quote]

I think I'm in the camp that believes that TMAG might be doing the right thing taking the slot into the TP line, but I'm open to more thoughts on it. What has me thinking that it makes sense is because of the different TMAG (and maybe some non-TMAG?) pros who have the long iron Rocketbladez (Tours, at least) in the bag. Some, like Justin Rose, use(d) forged irons in the scoring clubs, but opt for the cast RBTs in the long irons. We all know that those long irons have the slot, and are cast, and that Justin Rose, being a pro, is a pretty good player. If someone like him chooses to split a set like he does, then I've got to believe that, at least for some of the best players in the world, the fact that a club is cast and has a slot doesn't make it a lesser club for a lesser player.

Now, that doesn't prove that someone like him wouldn't prefer those same exact clubs to be forged and/or without a slot. I don't know that. But then again, if they were forged, and had no slot, then wouldn't they be just like the MCs that he used in the scoring clubs? I just believe that the lines have already been blurred, and that the slot and casting might not be a bad thing, especially given that TMAG is going to be blending a set now.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384441471' post='8147874']
[quote name='Anser' timestamp='1384439167' post='8147736']
As someone who likes TMAG, WANTED to play MC'S but every time I looked at them I saw the back screw and thought "They didn't finish building these" I have to say the MC's look really good.

I'm not sure I care about badge/wording since I only see the back of the club on really bad swings.
[/quote]

You must use iron headcovers I take it? I also never see the back of the iron during a swing, but every time I look at my bag I see the backs of my irons. If you used iron headcovers, obviously, this would not be the case.
[/quote]

Nope... if I did I'd lose one a day I'm sure :)

I was actually trying to be funny considering how many people care about a badge vs a few words but I obviously missed the mark

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1384528054' post='8153040']
irons will ship mid december
[/quote]

We should be seeing some more details soon! :)

the big mess up here is the fact that the MC set is half forged and half cast??? wtf is that about? they look beautiful and i was stoked thinking about doing a combo set with the MB's but those would be way too different of clubs.

Taylormade M4 10°, Oban Revenge

Yonex eZone St 15º, Oban Revenge

Tour Edge CB4 19°, Tour AD
Mizuno MP-20 MMC, 4-PW, $ Taper
Callaway Jaws, 50º, 55º, & 60º, KBS Tour
Taylormade Spider

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384528497' post='8153082']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1384528054' post='8153040']
irons will ship mid december
[/quote]

Including MB? Weren't people saying before it would be later? I'd love to try it this year if it were coming out.
[/quote]

Staggered release through December I believe

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

I'm going to wait to hit them before I make any more comments. I think I understand what TMaG is trying to do. And in a way, I get it. They're a smart company that is catering to the masses where a majority of their sales will be. Those of us who play forged irons are very much in the minority. Just going to the range yesterday I saw 15 other people there, 13 of them were hitting cast irons. I'm the only one in my Saturday 4-some that plays forged as well. And the reason I play forged isn't because I need to display how big my johnson is. I enjoy the instant feedback you get when you don't strike the ball purely. Toe, heel, too low on the face and too high are all easy to recognize. When I had the RBZ Tours, I had to REAAAAALLLLY mishit the ball to feel anything. And, as much as I hate to admit it, the market for forged isn't as big as the market for cast irons. Cost being one of the biggest factor. And cast irons aren't horrible at all. The Mizuno 825s Pro's feel FANTASTIC for a cast iron. The size on them is really nice as well. So, it is possible to have a soft feeling cast club.

TaylorMade SLDR 9.5, 6.2 VC MotoSpeeder
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3W, 'ahina
Mizuno MP59 3-7, MP69 7-P, 5.5 PXI
Scratch 50, 56, 60 Driver/Slider
Scotty Cameron Del Mar
Callaway Chrome+

The MC & CB may have only a forged face, (within a cast clubhead), just as the original 2011 Tour Preferred CB iirons had.

It appears to me that the MB is the only true forged clubhead from TM for 2014. Apparently TM is unable to produce a workable speed slot in a fully forged clubhead...at least not at the price point they need to hit for these irons.

:golfer:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft