2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2014 Taylormade TP CB, MC & MB Pics (American release photos and spec sheets)

MorikawaTMAG

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384783155' post='8166118']
That would be nice if they through us a zinger and added the TP badge at the last minute. I don't see that happening thought this close to the launch date. I'm very interested in hearing where TM will price these irons in the U.S.
[/quote]

I wonder if that badge wouldn't have to be sitting in a carved-out recess in order to not unstick from the club too easily. If so, then the production of the irons would have to change some. If any of that is true, I don't see it changing at the last minute. (Is that what I'm seeing on that pic of DJ's iron earlier in this thread? A recess where the badge used to be?)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KMeloney' timestamp='1384784215' post='8166190']
That would be nice if they through us a zinger and added the TP badge at the last minute. I don't see that happening thought this close to the launch date. I'm very interested in hearing where TM will price these irons in the U.S.
[/quote]

I wonder if that badge wouldn't have to be sitting in a carved-out recess in order to not unstick from the club too easily. If so, then the production of the irons would have to change some. If any of that is true, I don't see it changing at the last minute. (Is that what I'm seeing on that pic of DJ's iron earlier in this thread? A recess where the badge used to be?)
[/quote]

Yes, it's a carved out recessed area and then the badge just sticks in there. I know others had issued with their TP badges coming out but I never have.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384710753' post='8162266']
[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384705511' post='8161966']
When is the Official release date for these?
TM...cats out of the bag so lets have the details!
[/quote]

Also, from a practical perspective, Cally's BB thread is starting to overshadow this. TAKE BACK the spotlight tmag! You can't let Cally win, right? The best way to do this, obviously, is to announce on Monday that these irons will be out on December 1 WITH THE BADGE. Think about how happy it would make everyone.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't see it happening either, but I do think it would have one very positive effect that no one has mentioned: It would make it harder to predict TMAG's releases in the future and they could better keep secrecy. The way it is now, we have been told by a lot of reliable sources that there is not going to be a badge. I believe these people because they have contacts with TMAG and they have been right in the past. But what if TMAG all of a sudden pulled a move that even the insiders got wrong?

From then on, we would be kept on our toes and know that even TMAG's sources might not have all the info. It would really force us to pay closer attention to their official releases and give them more control in general over the process. The way it is now, we have pretty much all the info: KBS tour, release date either december or january (depending on who you ask), we know the cast/forged breakdown etc. If we knew TMAG could easily change their strategies and switch things up on a dime, we couldn't really be sure about any of this.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384801838' post='8167630']
[/quote]

Also, from a practical perspective, Cally's BB thread is starting to overshadow this. TAKE BACK the spotlight tmag! You can't let Cally win, right? The best way to do this, obviously, is to announce on Monday that these irons will be out on December 1 WITH THE BADGE. Think about how happy it would make everyone.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don't see it happening either, but I do think it would have one very positive effect that no one has mentioned: It would make it harder to predict TMAG's releases in the future and they could better keep secrecy. The way it is now, we have been told by a lot of reliable sources that there is not going to be a badge. I believe these people because they have contacts with TMAG and they have been right in the past. But what if TMAG all of a sudden pulled a move that even the insiders got wrong?

From then on, we would be kept on our toes and know that even TMAG's sources might not have all the info. It would really force us to pay closer attention to their official releases and give them more control in general over the process. The way it is now, we have pretty much all the info: KBS tour, release date either december or january (depending on who you ask), we know the cast/forged breakdown etc. If we knew TMAG could easily change their strategies and switch things up on a dime, we couldn't really be sure about any of this.
[/quote] TMG have kept these under wraps better than anything in the past. I wouldn't be surprised is there second release run is different, in much the same way the milled faces changed on the RB Tour Irons earlier this year. I notice though that all has gone quiet on the new wedges - anyone got any intel on those?

[/quote]

Even if this is just a reverse-psychology ploy by you, I like it. It just might work...

Any confirmation on where the MB's are being forged, and the material?

Personally I think TM may have been better coming out with a CB/MB set for retail - the market for player's clubs is pretty small (relatively speaking), and the market for those playing a full set of MB's is only a fraction of that now. I will be interested to see how many go with split sets from TM next season.

Anxious to see how these (MC and CB) play compared to the Bladez Tour and if the C Taper Lites will be offered.

Ping i25 9.5 PWR 75 Stiff/ Rapture 13 3W
Ping i25 15 3W PWR 75 Stiff
Ping i25 19h PWR 80 Stiff
Callaway Apex 5 - AW KBS Tour-V Stiff
Ping Tour Gorge 54WS and Nike VR 60TS
Ping Scottsdale TR Senita B

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1384546799' post='8154600']
[quote name='drugazi' timestamp='1384529454' post='8153172']
the big mess up here is the fact that the MC set is half forged and half cast??? wtf is that about? they look beautiful and i was stoked thinking about doing a combo set with the MB's but those would be way too different of clubs.
[/quote]
There were quite a few tour players using the cast RBZ Tours long (and some mids) mixed with forged short irons on tour this year. They actually increased in numbers as the season went on and it has continued into the current the beginning of 2014. So If it works for them I would n't worry about it. The slot has helped me find tighter dispersion with the mid and long irons and I am a +1.6 hdcp currently.
I am very interested in the new MCs but I must say I didn't care for the last MCs as I thought I might. They just didn't improve me from the R9TP Bs. But the RBZ Tours did.
[/quote]

well, i'm still worried about it

Taylormade M4 10°, Oban Revenge

Yonex eZone St 15º, Oban Revenge

Tour Edge CB4 19°, Tour AD
Mizuno MP-20 MMC, 4-PW, $ Taper
Callaway Jaws, 50º, 55º, & 60º, KBS Tour
Taylormade Spider

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do we know what the set make-ups will be for each? 3-PW? AW offerings? RH vs LH?

[quote name='jmygolf' timestamp='1384810854' post='8168452']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do we know what the set make-ups will be for each? 3-PW? AW offerings? RH vs LH?
[/quote]

i know there is an AW in the MC irons, so assuming CB has one as well

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

There is only one reason for TM to release the MC half forged and half cast...manufacturing cost.

TM can produce a cast club for less than half the cost of a forged club. They figure the average MC consumer will not know any better.

But the average MC consumer is very different than the average burner consumer...they are better players who are far more educated about what they are buying. And a better player will feel the difference between a forged and cast club.

Right now TM is on the same place Callaway was during their heyday. Just like Callaway, TM is more concerned about answering to their shareholders than they are about their loyal customer base.

It is very hard to get to number one in any industry. It is even harder to stay there.

For those upset about the lack of a badge. A cost cutting mixed set of irons is not worthy of the TP badge.

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1384836267' post='8170780']
There is only one reason for TM to release the MC half forged and half cast...manufacturing cost.

TM can produce a cast club for less than half the cost of a forged club. They figure the average MC consumer will not know any better.

But the average MC consumer is very different than the average burner consumer...they are better players who are far more educated about what they are buying. And a better player will feel the difference between a forged and cast club.

Right now TM is on the same place Callaway was during their heyday. Just like Callaway, TM is more concerned about answering to their shareholders than they are about their loyal customer base.

It is very hard to get to number one in any industry. It is even harder to stay there.

For those upset about the lack of a badge. A cost cutting mixed set of irons is not worthy of the TP badge.
[/quote]

if it costs them more to make, it will cost you more to buy. they wanted to keep the price down and not have a $1299 set, for which I am happy

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1384836738' post='8170806']

[/quote]

if it costs them more to make, it will cost you more to buy. they wanted to keep the price down and not have a $1299 set, for which I am happy
[/quote]

True. Every quality forged set is 1299.

Oh, sorry. Mizuno (highly respected forging ) and Nike (Endo Forged) is $999 MAP

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since when does The Caesar Palache pay for TMAG gear? That would be like charging Kobayashi for a hot dog.

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1384836919' post='8170822']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, sorry. Mizuno (highly respected forging ) and Nike (Endo Forged) is $999 MAP
[/quote]

So true. If you can get the MP4 or MP64 for 999, then tmag has NO excuse not to be able to release a quality forging for that price.

If they did the slot technology in a forging, it would've cost considerably more. That is what he is trying to say. They already are releasing a quality forging, the MB.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1384837720' post='8170864']
If they did the slot technology in a forging, it would've cost considerably more. That is what he is trying to say. They already are releasing a quality forging, the MB.
[/quote]

You mean like the Adams forging with slot tech? Their sister company? Are those $1999 MAP?

Cost has absolutely nothing to do with the retail or MAP price. In the end, each and every company wants to maximize gross margin while achieving economy of scale.

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1384837942' post='8170882']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1384837720' post='8170864']
[/quote]

You mean like the Adams forging with slot tech? Their sister company? Are those $1999 MAP?

Cost has absolutely nothing to do with the retail or MAP price. In the end, each and every company wants to maximize gross margin while achieving economy of scale.
[/quote]
That Adams iron is four separate pieces of metal put together. I'm sure no one would have b*tched about that either.

The Adams are retailing for $1099. I would guess it would have been more complex/expensive to make one-piece forged with slot tech.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384837523' post='8170856']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So true. If you can get the MP4 or MP64 for 999, then tmag has NO excuse not to be able to release a quality forging for that price.
[/quote]

correct, but they dont have a slot. everyone keeps saying they are cutting costs by not forging the slotted irons so i assume slotting a forged iron costs more then forging a regular iron. so i assume it would cost more then the mizuno irons. no where did i say every forged set is $1299, just picked a price thats more then what these are selling for.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384837325' post='8170844']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Since when does The Caesar Palache pay for TMAG gear? That would be like charging Kobayashi for a hot dog.
[/quote]

i am a golf pro and theres a reason i dont sell 10 sets of Ping Anser irons a year. so im thankful i dont have to add another expensive iron set to that list

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1384874048' post='8171904']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]correct, but they dont have a slot. everyone keeps saying they are cutting costs by not forging the slotted irons so i assume slotting a forged iron costs more then forging a regular iron[/b]. so i assume it would cost more then the mizuno irons. no where did i say every forged set is $1299, just picked a price thats more then what these are selling for.
[/quote]

This is all well and good, but then when you have customers that affirmatively didn't want the slot and wanted a no nonsense forged mc, are you saying those people should be thanking TMAG for only slotting some (and not others), even though they never wanted a slot in the first place? Bottom line, if they could have made a forged MC no slot model for $999, they should have. Put the slot/tech in the CB and leave the MB/MC alone.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1384875014' post='8171996']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1384874048' post='8171904']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]correct, but they dont have a slot. everyone keeps saying they are cutting costs by not forging the slotted irons so i assume slotting a forged iron costs more then forging a regular iron[/b]. so i assume it would cost more then the mizuno irons. no where did i say every forged set is $1299, just picked a price thats more then what these are selling for.
[/quote]

This is all well and good, but then when you have customers that affirmatively didn't want the slot and wanted a no nonsense forged mc, are you saying those people should be thanking TMAG for only slotting some (and not others), even though they never wanted a slot in the first place? Bottom line, if they could have made a forged MC no slot model for $999, they should have. Put the slot/tech in the CB and leave the MB/MC alone.
[/quote]

huh? im not debating here i just said im thankful they arent $1299. ill try them forged or not forged. if they dont perform like i feel they should, i stick with my fully forged 2011 MC/MB combo (ive had to retire the Rocketbladez Tours because i've worn the faces out and dont feel like ruining them anymore, and i missed forged)

i would have preferred slotless forged (with the TP logo) but o well. maybe ill just have to play mizuno

Taylormade Spider Ghost

Not trying to start a debate here, just my opinion from reading through these pages as the new irons photos were leaked.

It should be taken into consideration that the people on this site, let alone the # of people commenting in this thread account for about .001% of Taylormade sales (probably less). I would be highly surprised if anything complained about in this thread truly mattered to Taylormade and I also highly doubt anything complained about in this thread will change the way TM is going to make their clubs; badge, fully forged, etc. 99.999% of TM fans and weekend warriors will still hit these, if they like them, they will buy them.

I played the forged MC's for 3 years, my favorite set of irons I have played yet, but there is really no reason to bash the new MC's until you hit them. Then, if they are the worst thing you have ever hit, the slot is the devil, and no TP badge is a deal breaker for you, then please go ahead and give your keyboard a good workout and bash away. Until then, can the monotonous pages of "OMG they aren't entirely forged, or I won't buy them cause they don't have a badge, or why can't they just be like everyone else" stop...?

TM is a billion $$$ company, they will never be able to meet every single person's expectations. Just because they don't fit yours, why is there a need to comment on how terrible they are or how disappointed you are?

Would I prefer a badge like my 09 TPs? Of course. Do I care if half the set is forged while the other half isn't? Not really, when you hit in the sweet spot, it feels nice no matter what your hitting. Am I going to waste my time complaining that these weren't Taylor fit to my liking? No. Will I be buying these? I will actually know this after I hit them.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Caesar,
Have you verified if the "Slot" is the Speed Pocket or "Fast Face" flex tech?
I see the "Slot" as a win-win for irons. High Handicaps will benefit; low handicaps will benefit.
It is nice to see TM taking a progressive approach and putting this tech. in their premium line of irons.
No one else has IT.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384877645' post='8172218']
Caesar,
Have you verified if the "Slot" is the Speed Pocket or "Fast Face" flex tech?
I see the "Slot" as a win-win for irons. High Handicaps will benefit; low handicaps will benefit.
It is nice to see TM taking a progressive approach and putting this tech. in their premium line of irons.
No one else has IT.
[/quote]

speed pocket

edit* let me add a disclaimer, theres been a lot of miscommunication and a lot of different answers. i was told mc shipping in december, i hear on here january, i go on my .biz account and is says january. so until they release the info....take it with a grain of salt

Taylormade Spider Ghost

Great...that's what I thought. That explains why it is only thru the 7 iron.

Does it also have "fast face" or flexible face tech like the speedblade, rocketbladez, burner 2.0, etc.???

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='jmygolf' timestamp='1384810854' post='8168452']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

only the CB's will have a AW

Honolulu, Hi
WITB Link

[quote name='dannythomas15' timestamp='1384877492' post='8172204']
Not trying to start a debate here, just my opinion from reading through these pages as the new irons photos were leaked.

It should be taken into consideration that the people on this site, let alone the # of people commenting in this thread account for about .0000001% of Taylormade sales (probably less). I would be highly surprised if anything complained about in this thread truly mattered to Taylormade and I also highly doubt anything complained about in this thread will change the way TM is going to make their clubs; badge, fully forged, etc. 99.999999% of TM fans and weekend warriors will still hit these, if they like them, they will buy them.

I played the forged MC's for 3 years, my favorite set of irons I have played yet, but there is really no reason to bash the new MC's until you hit them. Then, if they are the worst thing you have ever hit, the slot is the devil, and no TP badge is a deal breaker for you, then please go ahead and give your keyboard a good workout and bash away. Until then, can the monotonous pages of "OMG they aren't entirely forged, or I won't buy them cause they don't have a badge, or why can't they just be like everyone else" stop...?

TM is a billion $$$ company, they will never be able to meet every single person's expectations. Just because they don't fit yours, why is there a need to comment on how terrible they are or how disappointed you are?

Would I prefer a badge like my 09 TPs? Of course. Do I care if half the set is forged while the other half isn't? Not really, when you hit in the sweet spot, it feels nice no matter what your hitting. Am I going to waste my time complaining that these weren't Taylor fit to my liking? No. Will I be buying these? I will actually know this after hit them.
[/quote]
Well written. Exactly my thoughts

TM M2 9.5*- Matrix Studio tipped 0.5' X
TM RBZ 2 12.5* - Kuro Kage X
TM TP MC 2 iron bent to 16* - KBS Tour X
TM TP MB 3-PW - KBS Tour X
TM TP 54, 58 - KBS Tour
SC California Monterey
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/918863-mrcools-first-witb/page__p__7979983#entry7979983"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1384878566' post='8172324']
Great...that's what I thought. That explains why it is only thru the 7 iron.

Does it also have "fast face" or flexible face tech like the speedblade, rocketbladez, burner 2.0, etc.???
[/quote]

And last question, since you have hit both the SpeedBlade and the new TP MC, how is the MC different? (assuming it has both the fast face and speed pocket of the SpeedBlade). What makes the MC a premium TP iron while the SpeedBlade is well just a high tech GI iron.

If this is Top Secret then I will await TM official media release and then ask again the questions above.

BB