Head-shaking - your strangest experience on course?

[quote name='jlt73' timestamp='1391120040' post='8567350']
[quote name='RickKimbrell' timestamp='1391105424' post='8565914']
A buddy of mine and I are playing one afternoon. We stop after 9 to grab a beer and some snacks then head over to #10. Course is crowded so we are waiting. He had opened his beer and left it in the holder in the cart. Look over and there is squirrel trying to get into the crackers we had bought. He throws a golf ball at the cart and hits it. The squirrel jumps out of the cart. A minute or so later, I look over and the squirrel is back in the cart. This time, he is perched up on the front of the cart directly over his beer (again which is opened). The squirrel takes a pi$$ directly onto the top of his open beer.
[/quote]

I just spit coffee on my phone! Great story
[/quote]

He is a Coors Light drinker. Everytime I am around him and he orders a Coors Light, I never fail to comment...Coors Light, tastes light squirrel pi$$.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='rsj1360' timestamp='1391099166' post='8565164']
[quote name='KLeC' timestamp='1391090919' post='8564326']
How about a guy handcuffed to a golf cart ...

This is more about a strange thing to see on a golf course. A few years ago we were playing a nice little muni outside of Nashville. As we approached the 17th tee box, we could see two foursomes in a nose to nose, highly animated discussion on the adjoining # 10 fairway. OK, I've seen a couple of groups mix it up before, but what made this encounter a little different was the two police cruisers on the fairway. Apparently the lead group reacted to the guys behind 'pulling the trigger' a little too quickly. As the fairway discussion escalated, one player pulled a pistol from his bag. A brave human being in the other group pulled out a cell phone. Now we are back to the beginning. As we walked off #18, there he was ... The sheepish gunslinger involuntarily hugging a golf cart. No idea what he shot that day.
[/quote]
This is why we don't want concealed carry....
[/quote]

There would be idiots bringing guns on the course even if concealed carry wasn't legal.

This is more about a strange thing to see on a golf course. A few years ago we were playing a nice little muni outside of Nashville. As we approached the 17th tee box, we could see two foursomes in a nose to nose, highly animated discussion on the adjoining # 10 fairway. OK, I've seen a couple of groups mix it up before, but what made this encounter a little different was the two police cruisers on the fairway. Apparently the lead group reacted to the guys behind 'pulling the trigger' a little too quickly. As the fairway discussion escalated, one player pulled a pistol from his bag. A brave human being in the other group pulled out a cell phone. Now we are back to the beginning. As we walked off #18, there he was ... The sheepish gunslinger involuntarily hugging a golf cart. No idea what he shot that day.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't understand who the "we" is. Care to expound?

[quote name='SPIF' timestamp='1391178842' post='8571014']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No - as per the rules.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm in the 'we'. Most of my local courses have signs up stateing no conceal carry allowed

Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1212980-stillboards-witb/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/[/url]

1.) Playing in a tournament on the final day, I was in the 2nd group so we all had chances to win still, all 4 of us hit our ball to a par 3(the hole was hidden because of mounds, bunkers and the angles. We get to the green and see 3 balls, 1 on the green 2 long. No sign of the 4th, so we start looking long because the one guy figured he sailed it.....after almost giving up the guy says, "I found it". So he plays from the wooded area up the fringe. We all proceed to chip onto the green. Another fella goes to pull out the flag and there was a ball in the cup. The guy had hit a hole in 1, but chose to cheat. He walked off the course!

2.) Got onto a Private course that was allowing a public day. Got paired up with a guy that brought his woman. He was wearing a collared shirt and dickies. After the first hole he took off his shirt and started playing in a wife beater. To make matters worse I would drive to the next tee and have to wait for the guy....so around the 6th hole I looked to see what was going on and he and the woman were getting stoned and participating in certain sexual activities. I just took off on my own after that.

3.) Not in my group, but guy pulled a gun out of his bag....to show his group I guess.

4.) Played with a guy that didn't care much about the golf, he had one of those mini fishing poles and would hit a ball then pick up and go fish until we were done with the hole.

I have so many good ones. I'll mention a few of them.
The nice shot story: My buddy and I check in with the starter. He tells us we are pairing up with another twosome and they are at the first tee waiting on us. We head on over to the first tee and meet this guy in his 50's and what we thought was his daughter. A tall women around 25 looking like a model. She was wearing a halter top barely covering her large chest and the shortest skirt possible. The three of us tee off and we go up to the women's tee so she can tee off. She bends over to tee up her ball and let me say like a man would bend over. I look at my buddy and say oh my. I mean she is showing it all. She swings and with her high follow through her top is up and well she is showing all of that too. I just can't believe it. We make it to the fourth hole. The women hasn't hit a decent shot yet and I could tell she was feeling uneasy playing with us. The three of us were on the green on four waiting for her to hit up. She finally hits a nice shot and her balls is a few feet from the pin. As she is marking her ball (remember she is showing it all bending over) I say "nice shot" Bad timing on my part.The guy says what did you just say? I said "nice shot" She just put one two feet on the pin "nice shot" The guy goes off on me.I know what you mean by "nice shot" he says. I'll kick your @ss. So I say if you have a problem with something maybe you shouldn't allow your daughter to try and play golf dressed that way. The guy says she is not my daughter she is my girl friend. The two of them get in their cart and drive off.

My buddy and I get paired up with two guys at our local golf course. These two guys had a cooler of beer with them. Everything was ok with them but by the time we hit the back nine they were really drunk and starting to act goofy. We are on 14 a dogleg right tight through the woods hole. We all tee off and the one guy is in the woods. My buddy and I head to our balls in the fairway. The guy driving the other cart has the ball in the woods.He yells over I am out of balls and off he goes into the woods in the cart with his buddy down an embankment into a creek yelling I need to find some balls, we'll be back.We hit, wait a few minutes then I look at my buddy and say lets go they are going to get struck for sure. We decide to finish the hole ditch them and move on. As we are heading over to 15 they somehow pop out of the woods over by the 15th tee. They have bushes and ,tree branches hanging from the undercarriage of their cart and a tray full of balls. 15 through 18 is out of the woods and wide open. There is one tree between 15 and 16.We play 15, tee off on 16, and head off to our balls. The one guy is back over on the 15 fairway..They are zooming down the fairway full speed, I yell watch out as they run head on into the only tree that is out there. If was like a small explosion. They hit the tree so hard the front end of their cart was V shaped and some of their clubs flew out of their bags. We stopped to make sure they were ok and they said they were. They said play on so we had no problem doing it. We finished 18 and saw the cart close to the parking lot. The manager was waiting for us and some of his employees were over at the cart. He wanted to know which one of us was going to pay for the cart. I just laughed and said it's not going to be one of us. We have no clue who those guys were. You were you were the one that paired us up with those guys.Then he asked us where they were. I said the last we saw of them they were wrapped around a tree on 16..LOL

Playing the course of the famous cart accident once again, my buddy and I paired up with a newbie golfer. We knew the course was going to be slow that day so playing with someone taking a lot of strokes wasn't going to be a problem. Slow ahead and no one behind us. The guy was super nice. The first hole is a par 5. I don't know how many strokes the guy had. I know it was over 10. While waiting on the second tee the guy asks us what we got on the first hole. I tell him I had a bogey 6. He says well I didn't do as bad as I thought I would I had a 7.A few more holes of him asking us what we had and him telling us a lot less than what we thought he had my buddy and I decided to keep his score. When it was over we had him for a 127. He comes over to us as we were ready to leave and of course wants to know what we shot. I told him I shot an 87 and my friends tells him a little over 100 . He says well I played better than my usual. I almost beat you. I had a 91 so second place isn't so bad for a beginner. We congratulated him and told him it was nice playing with him. I had my fun on the way home telling my friend he was beaten by a newbie.

[quote name='puttnforthe8' timestamp='1391200245' post='8573368']
"I found it". So he plays from the wooded area up the fringe. We all proceed to chip onto the green. Another fella goes to pull out the flag and there was a ball in the cup. The guy had hit a hole in 1, but chose to cheat. He walked off the course!
[/quote]
wow, this is so much win.
that guy will never ever forget his cheating.
im curious about all this cheating storys, never saw it by myself. but this story wins.

[quote name='Stillboard' timestamp='1391199180' post='8573244']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm in the 'we'. Most of my local courses have signs up stateing no conceal carry allowed
[/quote]

Back in the 70s, I belong to a private club in very rural Alabama. The course was known for having timber rattlesnakes in the woods. I carried a 357Magnum in my golf bag. First 2 rounds were loaded with rat shot, 3rd round on was hollow points.

We were playing in a member/guest tournament there one year and it was shotgun start. We were starting way out away from the clubhouse about as deep in the woods as you could get. As we were getting our stuff ready to tee off, the guest inthe group we were paired with must have asked his partner 3 or 4 times if they were going to shoot a gun to let us know when to start. The last time he asked, I pulled the 357 out and fired a shot and then looked at him and said "you can tee off now". It scared the crap out of him. 2 or 3 times he keep telling his partner "he's got a gun!!". :)

One time I was playing on a sunny spring afternoon at a local course with my dad. The course was pretty packed since it was one of the first nice days we had in a while (welcome to Washington), so the pace of play wasn't all the fast. Well eventually it got to the point where every tee box was stacked up with groups so one of the assistant pros at the course came out and my dad and I that we had to run to our ball. Both of us just kind of laughed because we were stuck in the middle of all of the groups and we couldn't really go anywhere.

This isn't necessarily the strangest thing ever, but I never would have thought that I would be told to run to my ball.

[quote name='RickKimbrell' timestamp='1391240392' post='8576750']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Back in the 70s, I belong to a private club in very rural Alabama. The course was known for having timber rattlesnakes in the woods. I carried a 357Magnum in my golf bag. First 2 rounds were loaded with rat shot, 3rd round on was hollow points.

We were playing in a member/guest tournament there one year and it was shotgun start. We were starting way out away from the clubhouse about as deep in the woods as you could get. As we were getting our stuff ready to tee off, the guest inthe group we were paired with must have asked his partner 3 or 4 times if they were going to shoot a gun to let us know when to start. The last time he asked, I pulled the 357 out and fired a shot and then looked at him and said "you can tee off now". It scared the crap out of him. 2 or 3 times he keep telling his partner "he's got a gun!!". :)
[/quote]

It's one thing to carry. That's our right. To go willy nilly firing a gun on a golf course for sh!ts and giggles is rude. Just my opinion. I would have found it disconcerting and you may have started the field prematurely.

[quote name='rsj1360' timestamp='1391259055' post='8577074']
[quote name='tinytim' timestamp='1391258589' post='8577056']
relly? guns on golfcurses? gives a final shootout a completly different meanings. crazy americans.
[/quote]
Seriously. Some things that go on in this country make you shake your head and sigh.
[/quote]

well. when i lived in vegas for a half year - i thought its the greatest country in world :-)

On the ninth tee, my friend pull-tops a worm burner. It hits one of a group of little birds who were on the ground about 40 yards from the tee. The victimized bird does about 10 convulsing flips. It was awful. It finally comes to rest. The other birds, who had scattered, return to check on it, but it's not moving any more. Very sad. Another friend, Jeff, in our group grew up on a farm (and is about the nicest, gentlest person you'll ever meet) says he's going to finish off the bird because it was probably still alive and in pain. The rest of us are taking a route as far away from this scene as possible. But we are still able to see Jeff take out his 3-iron and take a small swing at the bird. It flinches so he misses, but he immediately kills it with the next blow.

This is obviously the topic of conversation in our group for a little while. A few holes later, because the course is soaking wet with terrible drainage, another friend slips walking down a hill and lands with a splat--flat on his back. He pauses a moment in embarrassment on the ground. Quite obviously, his pants and shirt will be all wet and muddy when he stands up. Realizing this, Jeff says, "Aw man. You don't even want to get up. Don't even get up." The rest of us are like, "No Jeff!!!! Put the 3-iron down!! He's going to be ok--don't finish him off!!!"

http://youtu.be/uzeifCQLRj4

I was at this course on the day of this fight, but on the other 18 holes, (they have 36), so I did not see this first hand. But they have some BIG gators there. If the above link doesn't work, youtube gator fight at eagles golf club.

Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5* Fujikura Pro60 S
4W: Cobra BioCell+ 16* Project X 6.0
Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Baffler 19*, 22* Tour AD S
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 5i-PW, Shafts: XP105 R300
Wedges: Titleist SM5 50*,56*, 60*
Putter: Oddessey Tank Versa #7

My dad told me about this guy he had to play in a tournament with. He played all 18 with headphones on listening to rap music. My dad said it was turned up loud enough to hear. What made it worse was the fact that the guy would dance and sing along on every green. My dad said they would be putting and there he'd be dancing around. My dad and the other two guys asked him to please be respectful and be still, but he apparently just looked at them and kept on.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='Ruddy' timestamp='1391308613' post='8581318']
http://youtu.be/uzeifCQLRj4

I was at this course on the day of this fight, but on the other 18 holes, (they have 36), so I did not see this first hand. But they have some BIG gators there. If the above link doesn't work, youtube gator fight at eagles golf club.
[/quote]

That was crazy to see! Thanks for sharing. It would be hard to tee off after seeing something like that. I'd either hit it 300 yards or a 75 yard hook 3' off the ground from all of the adrenaline.

Me and a buddy were playing a round a couple of years ago and picked up a single, first hole, nothing unusual, but we tee of for the second hole and after hitting our tee shots, he quickly goes ahead of us to the green, putts out and heads in the direction of the third tee, we don't know what is going on until we finish the hole and start for the tee, he is over at a pond near the box and has pulled out a mini fishing rod out of his bag and is casting away. About the time we arrive, he hauls in a fish, takes it off the hook and releases it and then it is back to golf, the rest of the round was a normal as could be. I'd say that's pretty unusual.
KH

First tee at Saddle Rock in Aurora, CO. Setting up me and my friend see what I thought was smoke from a fire in the distance. He says 'that's totally a tornado' and I called bs. A few seconds later the clubhouse announces there's a small tornado on the 16th fairway and that it wouldn't affect our group.

10th tee at Meadow Hills, also Aurora. It was drizzling and a little cloudy but nothing to stop play. My group had tee'd off and we were carting towards our shots when a lighting bolt beams a tree maybe 60 yards from us dividing the 10th and 18th fairways. That was... loud... and bright.. We finished the round later and branches (bark chunks?) stuck in the ground around the tree which was eventually cut down. Pretty trippy.

I wish I had head-shaking caused by crazy golfers and not the weather.

I remember one time as a single being pair up with group of three older gentlemen at a local course. We reach the 17th hold and it runs behind the clubhouse which is two stories and the bottom level is where they have a workshop and store the carts. Anyways one of the older men hits a drive that ends up on the right side of the fairway closer to the clubhouse but still a clear shot to go for the green or fairway. Hit ends up hitting a horrible shank that is heading straight for the clubhouse. The door to the lower workshop was open and the ball goes screaming into the doorway and you can hear it banging and rattling around this room. Suddenly you see one of the workers diving out the door trying to get away from the ball. I still think of that shot every time I play that hole and can’t help but laugh at the sight of the guy diving out the door.

Another time my brother in law and I was on a golf weekend and we pull up to one tee and this fox comes trotting out of the bush walks across the fairway in front of the tee enters into the yard of a house beside the course. We both tee off and as we are starting to pull away the same fox comes trotting back from house’s yard carrying an article of clothing and disappears into the bushes from where he came originally. We were sitting wondering if we really just saw what we saw and the fox did not even seem to care we were around him.

Playing the local municipal as a single during the weekday mid morning after calling into work. The place is dead so I play two balls , Mr White and Mr Yellow, and am putting together two ok rounds and come upon a nice tucked away par 3 at the top of a wooded hill. Once you get to the top you can't see outside the wooded 'bowl' the hole sits in. You feel like you are completely secluded and are surrounded by the dense foliage all around.
Mr Yellow hits the green and Mr White duffs his shot to 80 yards in front of the tee box. As I walk to the white ball I'm lost in my surroundings and enjoying the day immensely. I set my bag, choose my club and after a pretty good shot that leaves me smiling I turn to put my club back in my bag and within 5' of me is a short guy dressed head to toe in khaki. He materialized out of NOWHERE! Khaki hat with the flap that hangs down, buttoned up khaki long sleeve shirt, dark glasses and his khaki pants bloused into his khaki boots.
I immediately jump back (there may have been a minuscule scream) and make an attempt to c0ck my pitching wedge back like a weapon because I'm so shocked and instead fumble it around and drop it. He simply turns and walk away and has a ginormous backpack full of golf balls on his back. He walks the 15-25' to the tree line, steps into the brush and vanishes. To this day I have no idea how he got that close to me, in a quite surrounding with me looking all around, without being detected. I consider myself pretty aware of my surroundings but this guy was a freaking ninja!
Freaked. Me. Out.

[quote name='RickKimbrell' timestamp='1391240392' post='8576750']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]LMAO, Bro, that's funny as [language pls], LMAO-

I can just picture poppin a .357 off and then i'd pay to see that guy hit his next ball, LMAO

Sorry, it's the meds (cool)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard
:miz:

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='sharkiesj' timestamp='1388509860' post='8374185']
1. Go out as a single and meet the threesome (early 40's guys) I'm joining on the 1rst tee. Intro's and handshakes all around. While waiting to tee off, "Hank" wanders off the side of the tee box and lays down on the ground on his back. He pulls his legs up and starts air cycling his legs really fast. He then puts his hands under his hips, elevates his torso even more and then starts cycling even faster. He changes to horizontal air splits with his legs then interchanges to vertical splits over his head. I'm observing him while chatting up the guys, I wanna laugh but none of his buddies are or saying anything so I keep a straight face. Hank then starts furiously thrusting his arms, air punching as fast as he can. I have to turn away now and am about to explode in sheer laughter however his buddies are all acting normal and not saying anything so I'd have to assume this is nothing new to them. Hank then gets up off the ground and joins us while we're getting ready to hit, grass all over his back. Never seen a grown man do air splits and air punching on the first tee before. Weird and awkward. Hank had an open seat in the cart but I decided to walk.
[/quote]

I literally tinkled a little bit laughing at this!!!!!!!

#ForTheShoe

I can remember one night a good many years ago, me and a buddy of mine were playing the front nine pretty late one evening. We pulled up to the fifth tee and came face to face with a skunk. It was just walking up the cart path. It stopped and started staring us down line it was an old West shoot-out. My buddy quickly told me that he had been spreader by a skunk once and it was horrible. We put the cart into reverse, backed up until the curb ended behind the tee box, and drove in the grass up to the tee. The skunk just stood there and watched us the whole time. We pulled our drivers and jogged up to tee off. The skunk then casually continued past us down the path. In other words, he owned us that night.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

We were at a rural course outside of the city and playing the 6th hole. Behind the 6th green was the border of the course property and it was adjacent to some rural land or a farm. As my group walked up to the green, we heard the following sounds within a 60 second period: A very loud sheep's BAA, a man's AHHHHH, and then a shotgun shot. As we walked off the green, I said to my playing partners, "I guess the farmer caught a guy doing inappropriate things with his sheep and he shot him!" We never did find out what really happened.