Nike RZN stockpiling worth it?

Comments

• sticks44sticks44 Members Posts: 45

sticks44 wrote:

Ok I think I'm done stockpiling. I couldn't help myself. I just got a great deal on ebay , 8 dozen RZN TOUR PLATS with the " Practice" logo for $135 including shipping with $15 off using ebay code PGET15OFF. That comes out to $16.88 per dozen. Now I'm up to 46 dozen which should last me quite a while. I double checked with my club fitter about the "Practice" label and he said its the exact same ball as the regular ball. He confirmed that they (pro's) use it in their practice rounds as well as on the range at the PGA tournaments.

So you are the guy who bought them as I was about to check out... LOL
    Sorry man, it was just too good of a deal to pass up. I actually only wanted to get 4 dozen, but in order to get the $15 off I had to purchase a minimum of $75.
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,031 ✭✭
    Edwin watts has free shipping over 99 and 2 for $50 for the RZN tours
  • hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited Sep 28, 2018 #244
    My Edwin Watts has about 24 Dozen of the Tour Blacks left, each priced at $29.99. I never played the ball. Is it worth $30 a dozen?

I’d be willing to buy most or even all of them if I could cut a deal for around $20/doz

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver: M5
    FW: Ping Anser 4 wood
    Irons: Mizuno MP-18 Combo X-100
    Wedges: 50/54/58 Callaway Mack Daddy Forged
    Putter: Odyssey #7

Ball: Many
  • ChiboogiChiboogi Members Posts: 1
    im sooooo sad that i cant find any nike rzn plat in sweden/europe! need to find a replacement ball
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Chiboogi wrote:

im sooooo sad that i cant find any nike rzn plat in sweden/europe! need to find a replacement ball
    hwturner17 wrote:

My Edwin Watts has about 24 Dozen of the Tour Blacks left, each priced at $29.99. I never played the ball. Is it worth $30 a dozen?

I’d be willing to buy most or even all of them if I could cut a deal for around $20/doz

Buy all that you can because people will pay slightly more. YOu might be able to make some profit.

I, personally, would just buy them to play them.

A good replacement for Platinum could / would be the new Chromesoft. Black would be chromesoft X. Some say Bridgestone has resemblance but, I have the least amount of knowledge with them.
  • McgeenoMcgeeno Members Posts: 1,948 ✭✭
    I liked the Srixon XV but I found it different.

I still have 4 dozen tour black but I’m working on a solution for the long term.

Such a shame!
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,543 ✭✭
    Buy the heck of out of those! I just snagged 14 doz Tour plats. Still the best ball out there. And the Bridgestone B RS is a very good replacement
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• SkeoughSkeough Flip it! Flip it! Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Love them, would recommend stockpiling a few. Fingers crossed for Ping doing something in the ball industry since they acquired Nikes patents for golf balls amongst other things
    PGA of Canada Class A -> BC
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5* -> HZRDDUS Black Smoke 6.5 & Tour AD BB 7X
    Callaway Epic Flash 18* HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.5
    Callaway X Forged UT 18* -> DG TI X100
    Callaway Apex MB 6-PW/ X Forged 4/5 -> DG TI X100
    Callaway MD4 50S/56X/60C -> DG IT S400
    Toulon Design San Diago
    Chrome Soft X
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    I read recently that Bridgestone made the earlier Nike balls. Don't know how true, or when it ended, or if it ever did.

Would be great if one of the newer Bridgestone balls was secretly a newer Platinum.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • theedge27theedge27 Members Posts: 604 ✭✭
    Skeough wrote:

Love them, would recommend stockpiling a few. Fingers crossed for Ping doing something in the ball industry since they acquired Nikes patents for golf balls amongst other things

They didn't buy the ball patents.
    theedge27 wrote:

Skeough wrote:

Do you know who did or if they remain with Nike?

• theedge27theedge27 Members Posts: 604 ✭✭
    hwturner17 wrote:

theedge27 wrote:

Skeough wrote:

Do you know who did or if they remain with Nike?

Ping bought the patents to using the RZN material in woods. I'm not sure the legal issues if someone would make a ball similar to the RZN line.
    edited Oct 2, 2018 #254
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Always_roughAlways_rough Members Posts: 460 ✭✭
    hwturner17 wrote:

Just updated my block list. But honestly, what a find. I've been scouring the internet for more since I'm down to my last sleeve.

Absolute best ball I've ever played.
    Got 14 daggum golf clubs, but none of 'em hit the ball straight.

(1W) M3 440
    (3W) 917 F3
    (3i) MP-18 fli hi
    (4i-PW) JPX 900 Tour
    (52, 56, 60) SM6
    Oven B1-01
    I forgot I had a tour platinum in my shag bag when I played Sunday. Reached in for one after literally throwing my Kirkland in a pond because of how scuffed it was after so few shots on it. It probably still has nothing to do with the ball but I tied my all time best round on that course for that day.

The tour platinum and black is a milestone ball for me. First eagles. All time low rounds on a few courses.

I still have two dozen black and 9 dozen platinum. I just don’t wanna use them. Still the best ball I’ve ever played and that’s saying something.
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

I forgot I had a tour platinum in my shag bag when I played Sunday. Reached in for one after literally throwing my Kirkland in a pond because of how scuffed it was after so few shots on it. It probably still has nothing to do with the ball but I tied my all time best round on that course for that day.

The tour platinum and black is a milestone ball for me. First eagles. All time low rounds on a few courses.

I still have two dozen black and 9 dozen platinum. I just don’t wanna use them. Still the best ball I’ve ever played and that’s saying something.

I'm saving my last sleeve of Platinums for the apocalypse. Gonna kiss my wife and son and head out into the brimstone for one more round.

Probably lose all 3 before #5, but...
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
    If anyone wants to restock on the blacks shoot me a PM and we can cut a deal on a few dozen

I'll tell ya what, I played 3 Kirklands and lost all 3 in 7 holes yesterday. Took a Razn Platinum out of the shag bag (used for chipping practice a few weeks ago) and played that clear through the 17th. Unfortunately, I lost it some horrendous rough and couldn't find it. I tell ya what, it was losing a family member. The balls just perform.
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,543 ✭✭
    I have 14 dozen Tour Plats, 6 dozen Tour Blacks, and a dozen Tour Blacks with practice stamped on the side. I’m set for 5 years if I’m not careless.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• jmfawley84jmfawley84 Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    I've been going with the ammo boxes from Rock Bottom for my rzn whites. Still trying to find a new ball to play along side those though.
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,407 ✭✭
    It just wasnt worth it for me to stockpile the RZN. I finally got good at golf right when they discontinued them, so it was worth the move to a new ball.

New ball technologies will probably be out in the market by the time some of you go through your five-year stashes lol
    Long Live Nike
  • pallmallpallmall Members Posts: 10
    edited Oct 18, 2018 #263

It just wasnt worth it for me to stockpile the RZN. I finally got good at golf right when they discontinued them, so it was worth the move to a new ball.

New ball technologies will probably be out in the market by the time some of you go through your five-year stashes lol

Trying new balls is a good thing. There are sometimes new technologies in new balls.

Sometime new ball can just mean new package, new side stamp, and new color of ball or new color of material when you cut them open. Performance wise, they are very similar.
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    Roger Dunn in Santa Ana CA has about 15 dozen plats and 10 dozen black still available. $29.99

Not cheap enough for me to pull the trigger but will keep my eye on them.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
    Break81 wrote:
    Roger Dunn in Santa Ana CA has about 15 dozen plats and 10 dozen black still available. $29.99 Not cheap enough for me to pull the trigger but will keep my eye on them.

Ask the manager to strike a deal!

I lost 6 NIKE RZN TOUR BLACK (VOLT) today at the Crosby - Rancho Santa Fe. Please, do not hesitate to pour a little beer out tonight for our fallen balls. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • bodhi555bodhi555 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I've decided if I can't get any more Platinums I can probably cope, as the Tour B XS performs very similarly and is still available for when I need a high spin option, but I am really struggling to replace the Blacks. The AVX is close but not as stable in crosswinds and softer off the Putter, but still isn't a Tour Black.

If anyone sees any for sale in the UK, let me know.
    The Blue Thunder: Nike Vapor Fly - 9.5 degree - Speeder Evolution 757X
    The Stenson: Nike Vapor Fly 3W - Mitsubishi JvlnFX 74 X-Flex
    The Walking Stick: Titleist 818 H2 19 degree - Aldila Rogue Max 85X
    The Blades: Nike VR Pro 4i - PW - DG S400 TI Shaft
    The Rusties: Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Toe Sweep
    The Putter: Nike "The Oven" Method 003
    Balls: Nike RZN Tour Black/Platinum, Bridgestone Tour B XS, Titleist AVX
    Bag: Sun Mountain Four Five

Also in Rotation:

Driving Iron: Nike Vapor Fly 2 iron - KBS C-Taper 120S
    Wedge: Nike Engage 58 Dual Sole
    Putters: Yonex Super A.D.X Tour Forged / Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can / Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
  • IHFNIHFN Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    bodhi555 wrote:

I've decided if I can't get any more Platinums I can probably cope, as the Tour B XS performs very similarly and is still available for when I need a high spin option, but I am really struggling to replace the Blacks. The AVX is close but not as stable in crosswinds and softer off the Putter, but still isn't a Tour Black.

If anyone sees any for sale in the UK, let me know.

I thought the closest thing to the blacks were the TP5x. Both low spin off driver and irons. The blacks launched a little lower though.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85

TM P760 4-PW Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP stiff hard stepped once.

TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff

Odyssey EXO Indy S
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 1,988 ✭✭
    What are you guys who LOVE the Tour Plats going to when they run out or something new for 2019? I have no idea what I would goto and really I don't have to worry as I still have over 50 dozen of the Tour Platinums for play and another 5 cases of the Rory Masters versions.

Anyway, was just curious what you guys went to and how they felt.

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno ST190TS 15/ Fuji Speeder TR 757S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Mizuno JPX 919F 4-9/ Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX 919T PW/ Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B 31" CS/ Conti Golf Satin Black Shaft/ SS Slim 3.0 CC

• trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 921 ✭✭
    edited Mar 15, 2019 6:40pm #270
    evoviiiyou wrote:

What are you guys who LOVE the Tour Plats going to when they run out or something new for 2019? I have no idea what I would goto and really I don't have to worry as I still have over 50 dozen of the Tour Platinums for play and another 5 cases of the Rory Masters versions.

Anyway, was just curious what you guys went to and how they felt.

I am down to 5 dozen Tour Plats with Practice logo left. I should have bought more of them as they were $18 a dozen. Today I played a 2017 TP5. I hit some bombs with it. It is a little softer feeling/sounding than Tour Plat. I was using my new Cobra F9 driver and let me tell you, I hit a few that left my buddy completely speechless. It also was well behaved into and around the greens. For some reason I spin the Nike Tour Plat a ton around the greens so the TP5 did not match that for me but it was still darn good. It was really scuffed up after 18 though and that was the only disappointment all day with the TP5. I think the TP5 is a good alternative for me.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 1,988 ✭✭
    Thanks for that response and write up! Much appreciated.

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno ST190TS 15/ Fuji Speeder TR 757S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Mizuno JPX 919F 4-9/ Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX 919T PW/ Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B 31" CS/ Conti Golf Satin Black Shaft/ SS Slim 3.0 CC