Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow reviews ***WRX TEST GROUP REVIEWS***

167891012»

Comments

• MWBMWB Members Posts: 206
    Thanks for your help. I picked up the Handcrafted Version? I have hit a friends hzrdus black 75 - 6.5 flex and had a really nice flight, just a little stiff for me. Was thinking the Hzrdus black - 6.0 untipped would have been ideal for me after I warmed up and played about 6 holes.

Wanting the Even Flow to flight/spin similar to the Hzrdus Black 6.0 straight in(untipped), or as close as possible, that's why I'm thinking EFB either straight in or tip 1/2" only. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • mister2coolmister2cool Members Posts: 3,713 ✭✭
    MWB wrote:

Thanks for your help. I picked up the Handcrafted Version? I have hit a friends hzrdus black 75 - 6.5 flex and had a really nice flight, just a little stiff for me. Was thinking the Hzrdus black - 6.0 untipped would have been ideal for me after I warmed up and played about 6 holes.

Wanting the Even Flow to flight/spin similar to the Hzrdus Black 6.0 straight in(untipped), or as close as possible, that's why I'm thinking EFB either straight in or tip 1/2" only. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I had HZRDUS Black 65g 6.0 untipped earlier last year for testing as well. I did love the flight and had pretty good success but was having a hard time with it's harsh\stiff impact feel. That's why many referred to that as "Rebar". EF Black plays very similar to that but has vastly improved feel throughout the swing.

Honestly EF is so smooth that if you played 6.5, you probably wouldn't even feel that it's too stiff. You'd have to look at ball flight numbers to really figure out if you need to step down on flex. Some of us went half a flex down last year with our HZRDUS T1100 shaft with a small tipping to give ourselves some room to allow some tired swings later in a round. I think you can safely tip 1/2" just to be sure you don't overpower it on your faster swings.
    2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?
  • MWBMWB Members Posts: 206
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate all of your experience. It sounds like the untipped 6.0 efb should fit me perfectly and bring my M3 to life!

I prefer a low launch shaft around 70grams, with the smoother feel, and it sounds like the EF Black (67g) fits that feel, without feeling whippy. Also if playing it strait in would probably help later in the round when I begin to lose energy from the summer heat, I still like to walk (using push cart) for exercise, and typically feel drained after the 15th hole.

I was fitted for the 17' M1 when they came out at GG, they put me into the stock Hzrdus yellow 6.0 (non-handcrafted tipped 1" -TM standard), I got good results when I was warmed up but always felt the shaft would have played better for me with a little less tipping and slightly heavier weight or less counterbalance.
  • chadjordan7chadjordan7 Members Posts: 1
    So I have been using a 917 3 Wood with a Diamana Blueboard 70 Stiff from the fitting cart at the club I work at for about a season and a half now. We had an evenflow demo that i tried, and didn't like as it was too high launching and spinny to suit my needs. It was a 65g 6.0. Can anyone compare the 75 6.5 Even Flow Blue to the Stiff 70g Blueboard? Based on the launch/spin of the 6.0. I'm thinking about getting the EF Blue 75 6.5 which should be a pretty good fit, but I'm concerned that I might need to get it tipped a bit to achieve my desired launch/spin. Anyone have 2 cents on this?
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,200 ClubWRX
    Did not have the 6.5 but I think you are likely on the right track.

I had the Evenflow Blue 75g 6.0 in a Rogue driver. It was OK. Did not wow me but was solid. It was stock shaft off the rack. I previously had a 70g Diamana Blue stiff in a Nike head and loved it. Put a heavier one in my 3 wood and loved it too. I do think minor tipping could be needed to get the Evenflow to perform and perhaps feel similar to the Diamana. Hard to say for sure without numbers. I very much like the Mitsubishi blue lines so I have gone back to those, whether it be Diamana, Tensei, etc. It is a good fit for me. Felt like my swing was more tight and connected with it. I have the Diamana blue in my Titleist hybrid and it is super. Way better accuracy with the hybrid.

Evenflows are a nice profile and I was not fitted for either, though a subsequent unrelated fitting confirmed the Diamana in that 70-gram range fit me well. If I did it again with the Evenflow I would either go stiffer with the 6.5 or tip the stiff. As for tipping the 6.5, really depends on you. I swing it at 104-105 and have a fairly quick tempo and probably would not need that.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • mister2coolmister2cool Members Posts: 3,713 ✭✭

So I have been using a 917 3 Wood with a Diamana Blueboard 70 Stiff from the fitting cart at the club I work at for about a season and a half now. We had an evenflow demo that i tried, and didn't like as it was too high launching and spinny to suit my needs. It was a 65g 6.0. Can anyone compare the 75 6.5 Even Flow Blue to the Stiff 70g Blueboard? Based on the launch/spin of the 6.0. I'm thinking about getting the EF Blue 75 6.5 which should be a pretty good fit, but I'm concerned that I might need to get it tipped a bit to achieve my desired launch/spin. Anyone have 2 cents on this?

I had BB 73S in my 3W some time ago and loved it. EF Blue is very similar to BB in term of feel and launch. I have 75g 6.0 EF Blue in my 3W, only 1/2" tipping and it has been a monster for me. Off the tee the 3w is longer than most of my driver (Yikes!). It certainly isn't too high launch or spinny for me. Off the deck now 260 is in the range for me, and that hasn't happened in a very long time. Today I cranked one out 269 to reach a par 5 on a soggy course.
    2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?
  • Ben MartinezBen Martinez Bird is the word Members Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Johnny T wrote:

"push block power fade".... wow

It takes a lot of talent (or lack of) to hit that shot.
    In the same boat here image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' /> image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />
  • Kale_mKale_m Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    I have the EvenFlow Black HC 6.5x 65g in my G400lst and swinging it at 120mph.

Best combo I have ever had.

So Straight and so long!
    Taylormade M6 9.0 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Taylormade M5 rocket 14* Tensei Pro orange 80tx 
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment