Paige Spiranac - thoughts?

1235»

Comments

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,363 ✭✭
    markjay1 wrote:

Read the whole thread. Entertaining. One of the most interesting aspects was one poster touting the Danica Patrick goDaddy adds as a failure. But I think myself and the majority of other posters know exactly what ad campaign he's referring to years later.

An ad campaign can be memorable but if it doesn't compel you to buy the product then it's a failure. If GoDaddy's sales went up because of the ad then it was a success. Can't know unless we see the data.

A pretty simple concept that goes over a lot of heads.
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,090 ✭✭
    LansingMI wrote:

THREAD NEEDS MORE PICTURES !!

If you don't like that, you're sick in the head.
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
  • Chief IlliniwekChief Illiniwek Members Posts: 2,726 ✭✭
    buckeyefl wrote:

markjay1 wrote:

Read the whole thread. Entertaining. One of the most interesting aspects was one poster touting the Danica Patrick goDaddy adds as a failure. But I think myself and the majority of other posters know exactly what ad campaign he's referring to years later.

An ad campaign can be memorable but if it doesn't compel you to buy the product then it's a failure. If GoDaddy's sales went up because of the ad then it was a success. Can't know unless we see the data.

Is that really the case though? I'd argue that an ad campaign's job is to drive interest in the product. Bring eye balls in. At that point, it's the job of the rest of the company to have a good product at a good price to complete the sale.
    edited Nov 15, 2018 #125

buckeyefl wrote:

markjay1 wrote:

Is that really the case though? I'd argue that an ad campaign's job is to drive interest in the product. Bring eye balls in. At that point, it's the job of the rest of the company to have a good product at a good price to complete the sale.

That's what they would try to convince you is true, just like the old false adage the "any publicity is good publicity." It's simply not true.
  • ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,302 ✭✭

LansingMI wrote:

She looks good in the first one, trash in the second. Am I ill? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    Katie Kearney...you're welcome.
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,965 ClubWRX
    I've watched a few of her Youtube vids.... She seems like a cool chick to me, knows a little about the game and is beautiful. Whats not to like about her?
    Mizuno ST190G Atmos black TS 9*
    Mizuno ST180 Tensei blue 15*
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB X100
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • Newbs24Newbs24 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Golfholics just update Part 1 with her and Chelsea Pezzola... Great vid
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 5,982 ✭✭
    NSFW.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • zero_shotzero_shot Members Posts: 5
    She's good looking and using golf to catapult a media career. She can golf better than the average person, but her goal isn't winning trophies.
    Taylormade Aeroburner Irons 4-SW
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Driver/3W/5W
    Cleveland 60* Wedge
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #11 Putter
    zero_shot wrote:

She's good looking and using golf to catapult a media career. She can golf better than the average person, but her goal isn't winning trophies.

Wearing as little as possible while barely being able to speak in front of the camera is hard to describe as a "Media" career. Now if you meant social media then yes implants, an inabilty to speak in front of a camera and OK looks can get you somewhere as men are easy.
  • gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,175 ✭✭
    edited Dec 7, 2018 #133
  • rjp217rjp217 Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    She’s hot, seems to hit it well and is highly marketable. Good for her, seems to be killing it.
    In Bag:

TaylorMade M3 9.5* (Tensei Pro White 70TX)
    P790UDI 2 (Aldila RIP Alpha 105X)
    Mizuno MP18: MMC FH 3-4 / MMC 5-6 / SC 7-8 / MB 9-PW (KBS Tour 130X)
    Cleveland RTX4 Black 50* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    Cleveland RTX3 Raw 54* / 60* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    PXG Bat Attack P 375 (Black Steel)

On Rotation:

TaylorMade M3 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70X)
    Mizuno MP18 MMC FH 2 (KBS Tour 130X)
    '18 TM O-Works 7CH (Black Steel)
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,341 ✭✭
    I will say this, she gets paid by pxg to endorse equipment and do outings or whatever else good for her. Having a article in golf or golf digest giving her golf advice on how to play or practice is unreal, now i skip the article. I wont call and demand her being removed. My protest is skipping it.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Members Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm happy for her. I wish I could play a round with her but I would have a very hard time... Never mind. I'd probably shoot 150.
    Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV 65 Stiff
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood (16.0 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (21.5 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - Stock Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Odyssey White Ice Rossie (34")
  • LansingMILansingMI Best golfer in the capital city (no proof YET) Members Posts: 977 ✭✭
    L4V 10.5 or RBZ HL w/ A-flex 44"

COBRA Baffler XL 16* 18*
    COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
    COBRA FLY-Z XL 7-PW

DTG Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63* (custom grinds) torched plus 15-20g lead powder.

Heavy Putter B2m 34" Ust FF Bocceri Secret MID
    Rife Switchback XL 34" UST FF Bocceri Secret MID
  • JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever Members Posts: 250 ✭✭

The only thing that bothered me about Paige was the attention she got as a "professional golfer" related to her actual place in the pro golf world. It was a joke and really out of place. I mean she was struggling to break 75 yet getting endorsement deals with Callaway and covers of Golf Digest? Give me a break, show me the equivalent mens player...

golf-digest-2015-12-cover-stephen-curry.jpg
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,649 ✭✭

The only thing that bothered me about Paige was the attention she got as a "professional golfer" related to her actual place in the pro golf world. It was a joke and really out of place. I mean she was struggling to break 75 yet getting endorsement deals with Callaway and covers of Golf Digest? Give me a break, show me the equivalent mens player...

golf-digest-2015-12-cover-stephen-curry.jpg

giphy.gif
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members Posts: 10,796 ✭✭
    Ugh Steph is not a pro golfer correct. Congrats on figuring that out. However he is a worldwide superstar with about a million plus times the recognition than Paige not even close to the same situation.

If you can show me a low level Male mini tour player making the cover of golf digest then feel free to feel like you pwned me. That was the point I clearly made.

Now that she's not playing "pro golf" I don't really give a [email protected] what she does and definitely don't have a problem with her using her "talent" to make a pay check.
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • gigjam78gigjam78 Members Posts: 38
    Good for her plus she takes beautiful Romanesque selfies
  • Mr. HoganMr. Hogan Members Posts: 1,294 ✭✭
    edited Dec 21, 2018 #142
    I don't get the obsession of the too cool for school golfers who rip Paige. If how she earns her living offends you--you should just move on and do something more productive with your time.

I think she's a lovely young lady who loves golf.
    USGA - Unusually Stupid Governance Association
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,090 ✭✭
    Shilgy wrote:

LansingMI wrote:

She looks good in the first one, trash in the second. Am I ill? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    One man's trash...
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
  • LambLamb LondonMembers Posts: 308 ✭✭

Ugh Steph is not a pro golfer correct. Congrats on figuring that out. However he is a worldwide superstar with about a million plus times the recognition than Paige not even close to the same situation.

If you can show me a low level Male mini tour player making the cover of golf digest then feel free to feel like you pwned me. That was the point I clearly made.

Now that she's not playing "pro golf" I don't really give a [email protected] what she does and definitely don't have a problem with her using her "talent" to make a pay check.

World wide superstar? Lol - no he is not only in USA! Nobody knows him in the UK or Europe. First time I ever heard of him was last month and that was something to do with him and golf.

Yeah shocking to think people outside USA dont have a clue but I can I bet you wont have a clue about many famous sports men in the UK too.
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,187 ✭✭
    Lamb wrote:

World wide superstar? Lol - no he is not only in USA! Nobody knows him in the UK or Europe. First time I ever heard of him was last month and that was something to do with him and golf.

Yeah shocking to think people outside USA dont have a clue but I can I bet you wont have a clue about many famous sports men in the UK too.

There’s about 300,000,000 people in China that know who Steph is (that’s the basketball playing population there). Does that count as world wide?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,518 ✭✭
    edited Dec 28, 2018 #146
    Alert the Media: Hot girl with above average golf talent, gets more advertisement opportunity than frumpy male golfer. Also, Miss Lippy likes to drink soda.

Get yours however you can, who cares.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    Lamb wrote:

The last time I was in the UK and France the only non-football related athletic clothing you could find was NBA (largely the Warriors and whatever team Lebron was on at the time) and American Football teams.

I hate basketball and I know who Curry is, if you don’t it’s from willful ignorance or just trying to be pretentious anti-mainstream.

Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
1235»