Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 388 ✭✭
I've seen a few proponents of the Old Navy Slim Go-Dry pants in other threads. How do these hold up through wearing/washing?

I have a few UA pants for when it's colder, but want a dark-grey pair. These are like $30 right now, compared to $80+ from Nike and UA. If they don't hold up, I'm willing to spend the extra.

Just wanted to get some opinions before I order a pair.
Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid

Comments

• jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭
    Was hoping they'd have a "skinny" version of these, but can't find them online.

For $30 though, if they fit nicely in the thigh, I might get them to cut off into shorts.
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 388 ✭✭
    I just ended up ordering 2 sizes online.. there is a retail store near me so I will take back if they fit horribly. For $30, if they are half as nice as Lulu ABC (or whatever they are called now), I will be pleased.
  • rk100rk100 Members Posts: 107
    I own two pairs and love them. For the price they are as good if not better than UA and Bobonos pants. The flex is amazing!
  • Chief275Chief275 Members Posts: 304 ✭✭
    What kind of material are they?
  • ancdmdancdmd Members Posts: 11
    I've got six pairs of these, every color, $22 on sale. By far most comfortable pants I've ever owned, slightly more comfortable than Lulu ABC. Might not hold up to abuse like the Lulu but for the money they're fantastic.
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Chief275 wrote:

What kind of material are they?

They are polyester - supposedly stretchy like the Lululemon, but don't cost nearly as much. I'm not expecting them to be of same quality, but I just hate spending $130 on pants that I mainly wear when weather is cold/wet/muddy..
  • drn92drn92 Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    I have 3 pair. They work great for me, durable enough for golf or general wear. They fit me better than the Lulu ABC’s and I purchased 3 pair for the price of one pair of ABC’s. For something I plan to use for golf (primarily) and then general weekend wear they are a bargain.

drn92
  • johnnyscarps007johnnyscarps007 Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Just ordered two pairs to give these a shot. Would the leg area be considered tapered at all?
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭
    Went to Old Navy after work to try them on.

The rise seems very small/short. I notice they rode up the crotch a pretty far way, and weren't too comfortable. Also, the thighs were abnormally snug, while the ankle opening was pretty loose. Definitely not my idea fit. I'd probably go a size up from normal, then cut them off into shorts. They were 30 or 40% off in store today.

Just ordered two pairs to give these a shot. Would the leg area be considered tapered at all?

I would consider the leg slightly tapered. Ymmv, but I find them every bit as nice as the ABC’s and similar pants from Prana.

drn92
  • saksittbsaksittb Members Posts: 118
    I must check this out
    2017 TaylorMade M2 10.5* Driver
    2017 TaylorMade M2 3 wood 15*
    2017 Taylor Made M1 4-PW
    Ping Zing Black Dot 3 Iron
    MCC 4 Plus Grey Standard Grips; 4 Wraps
    Titleist SM5 58/08
    Titleist SM5 54/10
    Odyssey 2 Ball Putter w/ Super Stroke Flatso 3.0
  • papichulostevepapichulosteve Members Posts: 1,710 ✭✭
    having worn both the Lululemon and these, i actually much prefer these. I ordered a size down, 30 instead of my normal 32 and got a pretty nice 'skinny' fit, but even my typical 32, they had a slim, but not too slim fit and honestly, both fit better than the lulu's. the only thing i didn't really love about them, the back pocket is more like a pair of slacks as opposed to the typical 5-pocket design which one would assume would go with the type of front pocket they have. super minor detail really.
  • jppatton2jppatton2 Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    I have 4 pair that I have bought in the last 12 months and for the price you can't beat them. Hold up well tonwear and washing also as I wear them to work as well.
    For those of you interested, Old Navy has a 40% off deal going on right now. Brings the pants down to $27 a pair.

drn92
  • WigglyCometWigglyComet Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I wear them all the time and would say that they are extremely comfortable. They are also my preferred pant to fly in. The Lulu ABCs are super comfy, but the price is absurd. My only gripe, and it's splitting hairs, is that I wish the bottom half was a bit more tapered, but at the price point I can't complain.
  • scotty2131scotty2131 Banned Posts: 159
    Old Navy has always had some solid tech golf polos, nice to see them coming into the pants category now too.
    '17 TM M1 10.5
    Titleist 915 F 16.5
    Titleist 910 H 19.5
    Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
    Futura X5R
  • rodgerodge Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    I’d suggest ordering 1” less than your usual waist size in these. I bought the 34”, my regular size in nearly all brands, and wish I would’ve gotten 33” or even 32” in these. Wasn’t able to try them on first unfortunately. They have plenty of stretch, but if they fit loose they sag with a belt.
  • AppAlumAppAlum Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    Don’t have the Old Navy version but I do have 2 pair of the Gap performance pant and they still look and wear great after 1 year.
  • C-radC-rad Members Posts: 2,599 ✭✭
    Just boyght one and they are really comfortable. However, i would describe as skinny
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • bellkenbellken Members Posts: 780 ✭✭
    AppAlum wrote:

Don't have the Old Navy version but I do have 2 pair of the Gap performance pant and they still look and wear great after 1 year.

I have the Gap performance khaki's, too - great for golf (windproof and water repellant), but, very different from the Old Navy pants (nylon vs poly). The Gap performance khaki's are now, the GapFit Hybrid Khaki's, which, are available in a slim fit, and, straight fit. There is usually a promo code for both Gap and Old Navy, if ordering online, and, sometimes in store. Gap pants seem to be a bit generous in size, so, it is a good idea to try before buying.
  • towncryertowncryer Members Posts: 391 ✭✭
    Just ordered one pair. If nothing else, they'll be comfortable shop slacks.
    G400 10.5 w/ Tour 65x
    915 2h Diamana D+
    PING iBlade 3-PW DGS400
    SM7 52, 56, 60 in Tour Chrome, DG S200
    Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
    Vice Pro Plus LIME!!!!
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 612 ✭✭
    I am a GM for Old Navy and I like these pants but the legs are definitely on the slimmer side compared to our other khakis, almost between a slim fit and skinny. The material is nice but I prefer the performance khakis from Gap (I have 4 pairs of them.) They are a great value when we do 50% off all active product, which happens every month or so. I just wish they fit a little closer to the other slim khakis we sell which fit great.
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 1,988 ClubWRX
    just received 3 pair, for me and my 2 boys. we are all pretty slim - 32/34, 30/32, 29/32. they arent as light as say adidas, more like a nike/puma thickness. very comfortable, great stretch material. definitely a slim fit, which is what we were looking for. i paid $80 and up for adidas, nike, etc - i will get more of these. just a little heavy for florida heat - but perfect for anything else. great deal.
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron 009 Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag
  • dardenpdxdardenpdx Members Posts: 89
    I just ordered a few pairs of these in different sizes. 30% off today plus 2% thru ebates. Interested to see how these fit. Was going to check out the Lulu ABC pants but will see how these work first. My typical golf pants are bonobos which are awesome. Just wanted to mix things up a bit.
    G30LST - X2Hot Pro 15 - Srixon H45 19/22 - Srixon 745 5-PW - Vokey SM6 50F, SM5 54F/58K - Odyssey Protype #5
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,011 ✭✭
    Just placed an order. I have an Old Navy that I can stop by to return if I don't like the sizing. I've been hemming and hawing over buying more Nike pants... but for $30 I'm in to try these!
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • xjohnxxjohnx Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
    edited Mar 28, 2018 #27
    These are my favorite pants. I have 4 different colors that saw constant rotation last year. I don’t wear shorts so I wore them all year and they hold up perfectly fine and I have nothing bad to say about them. If I had to make a complaint, they’re a touch long and even the 30” length bunch up a little more than I’d like. Just ordered an extra black pair since with the 40% off + free shipping the other day since that’s the color that I seem to wear most. Love these pants
  • naj959naj959 Members Posts: 997 ✭✭
    I finally have a reason to use my employee discount!!!
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,579 ✭✭

just received 3 pair, for me and my 2 boys. we are all pretty slim - 32/34, 30/32, 29/32. they arent as light as say adidas, more like a nike/puma thickness. very comfortable, great stretch material. definitely a slim fit, which is what we were looking for. i paid $80 and up for adidas, nike, etc - i will get more of these. just a little heavy for florida heat - but perfect for anything else. great deal.

Looks like you're my size, I'm slightly smaller / shorter. Did you size down or get the same as your normal waist? I'm a 31 waist, with 31 inseam (usually have it adjusted). You think it would be smart to go down to a 30 since these are a little loose from what I read here?
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 1,988 ClubWRX
    MaitriMike wrote:

Looks like you're my size, I'm slightly smaller / shorter. Did you size down or get the same as your normal waist? I'm a 31 waist, with 31 inseam (usually have it adjusted). You think it would be smart to go down to a 30 since these are a little loose from what I read here?
    so I’m a 32 and got a 33 and they are definitely big. My kids are 30 and they are a hair big but I’d say they are very close to actual size. . I haven’t washed them yet but figured they may shrink up a bit since they are stretchy. I would just get your exact size you should be ok.
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron 009 Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited Mar 29, 2018 #31
    You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that you are digging these pants. I have given feedback for years that we needed to try to get into the golf/"performance causal" space. We have a few product guys in the men's division that have background with UA and Nike and I think it shows in the active product's evolution over the last few years. I have been with the company for 13 years and the product is the best we've ever had, in my opinion. I will be at a conference next month and the product teams are usually there...I will pass some of your feedback along in person if I get the chance.