GD TOUR AD IZ in driver

BeeezBeeez Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
Anyone playing this in their driver? I’m thinking of 60 Stiff just wondering about overall impressions as well as thoughts on dispersion and if the shaft can get soft or unwieldy. Any other thoughts welcome
«1

Comments

  • skisnutzskisnutz Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Absolutely love mine in G400 Max 9*. Long high bombs all day. The harder I swing the better it seems to perform, but yet it still loads easily with a smooth pass. Dispersion is ridiculous with this head shaft combo for me, it's almost not fair. Automatic. I never got along with the Ad-Di 6s as it was too loose and I found the Ad-Tp 6s was just too stout.
    Ping G400 Max 9.5* TPT Golf 16 MKP-MT-SW
    Ping G400 14.5* TPT Golf 15 LKP-MT-SW
    Ping G400 Hybrid 22* Kuro Kage Silver 80s
    Srixon U85 19* Graphite Design Tour AD-95x
    Srixon 585 5-P N.S. Pro Modus Tour 105s
    Cleveland RTX-4  50, 54, 58 N.S. Pro Modus Wedge 115
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Custom
    Srixon Z-Star XV 
  • justincredible04justincredible04 Justincase1004 Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    Played a DI 6S for a looooong time and nothing ever kicked it out. Played one round with the IZ and immediately switched. It’s like a better (but different) version of the IZ. I’m probably the slowest looking guy swinging 105 tho if that matters.
  • BeeezBeeez Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    Does it get loose in 6stiff or can it be overpowered easily?
  • mulliganman30mulliganman30 Members Posts: 1,065 ✭✭
    edited Jun 18, 2018 #5
    What kind of spin numbers and launch angle are you getting out of this in the G400 Max?
  • BeeezBeeez Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    I wonder how the IZ would do paired with a Rogue SZ 10.5...
  • skisnutzskisnutz Members Posts: 223 ✭✭


    What kind of spin numbers and launch angle are you getting out of this in the G400 Max?




    No idea, as I don't have a trackman. Not really chasing numbers now, just chasing fairways and greens this time of year. May get on trackman over the winter to see why its so good.
    Ping G400 Max 9.5* TPT Golf 16 MKP-MT-SW
    Ping G400 14.5* TPT Golf 15 LKP-MT-SW
    Ping G400 Hybrid 22* Kuro Kage Silver 80s
    Srixon U85 19* Graphite Design Tour AD-95x
    Srixon 585 5-P N.S. Pro Modus Tour 105s
    Cleveland RTX-4  50, 54, 58 N.S. Pro Modus Wedge 115
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Custom
    Srixon Z-Star XV 
  • BeeezBeeez Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    I played my first round with the AD IZ 60 stiff paired with a Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 head standard settings. I can’t teel you how good this combo was. All it wanted to do was go straight. I wouldn’t call the trajectory high but I’d say med-high. No matter how hard I tried to step on it it just produced the same results. No ballooning never felt floppy or loose. Such a great shaft.
  • MrShieldMrShield SwedenMembers Posts: 231 ✭✭
    skisnutz wrote:


    Absolutely love mine in G400 Max 9*. Long high bombs all day. The harder I swing the better it seems to perform, but yet it still loads easily with a smooth pass. Dispersion is ridiculous with this head shaft combo for me, it's almost not fair. Automatic. I never got along with the Ad-Di 6s as it was too loose and I found the Ad-Tp 6s was just too stout.




    What is your swing speed with the driver?
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Hzrdus Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Tour AD DI 105s
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron Tour AD Driving Iron 95s
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-P Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 52:08 F-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 58:10 V-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Odyssey 7 White Hot Pro 34" SuperStroke GTR Tour
    Titleist AVX
  • MrShieldMrShield SwedenMembers Posts: 231 ✭✭


    Played a DI 6S for a looooong time and nothing ever kicked it out. Played one round with the IZ and immediately switched. It’s like a better (but different) version of the IZ. I’m probably the slowest looking guy swinging 105 tho if that matters.




    I got that comment today, “How can you be 105Mph with your driver when you swing in slow motion? “



    With your 105 Mph, did you go with 6s? Did you try 6x?
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Hzrdus Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Tour AD DI 105s
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron Tour AD Driving Iron 95s
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-P Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 52:08 F-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 58:10 V-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Odyssey 7 White Hot Pro 34" SuperStroke GTR Tour
    Titleist AVX
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭
    MrShield wrote:



    Played a DI 6S for a looooong time and nothing ever kicked it out. Played one round with the IZ and immediately switched. It’s like a better (but different) version of the IZ. I’m probably the slowest looking guy swinging 105 tho if that matters.




    I got that comment today, “How can you be 105Mph with your driver when you swing in slow motion? “



    With your 105 Mph, did you go with 6s? Did you try 6x?
    Thats me too! A smooth tempo never looks like you are swinging hard. I would love to try this shaft as well.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • MrShieldMrShield SwedenMembers Posts: 231 ✭✭
    Any experience with IZ compared to DI regarding swing speed/stability of the shaft?



    I’m 105Mph and I play DI 6s but my miss is left when giving it too much power. Easily fixed you say, just go with DI 6x, but I have tried it multiple times and it is just too much for me.



    Will IZ 6s hold up better than DI 6s or is it the opposite that I maybe can handle a IZ 6x if it plays softer than DI?
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Hzrdus Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Tour AD DI 105s
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron Tour AD Driving Iron 95s
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-P Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 52:08 F-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 58:10 V-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Odyssey 7 White Hot Pro 34" SuperStroke GTR Tour
    Titleist AVX
  • WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,400 ✭✭
    109 IZ6X in g400 max, simply best driver combo I have ever played period..... IZ much better dispersion than DI (played DI for 7 years) ...
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,693 ✭✭
    Have AD-IZ 6x in G400 head. Speed about 112-114. I like it, good results. But when I'm swinging hard I do wish it was a bit heavier/stiffer. It's not the stiffest x-stiff. I think this is the case with lots of GD shafts.

  • TroutflyTroutfly Members Posts: 236 ✭✭
    My experience- IZ6 has a stiffer tip, felt firmer end to end, def lower launching compared to the DI6. Im 95-100,and load quick in transition.
  • cubanstogiecubanstogie Members Posts: 504 ✭✭
    anyone compare IZ to the TP. Had the TP 6 in Rogue and loved it. Then tried a hzrdus 75gm and hit a couple of drives 5-10 yards farther and sold the TP. TP was much more consistent so now trying to find a TP 7 but am intrigued by the IZ as well. Getting tired of shaft swapping. Down to atmos ts 7black or IZ, TP.
  • Russ757Russ757 Members Posts: 7,654 ✭✭
    Excited to get my 6 and 7s in. Gonna throw them in some m1s
    WITB Link
    Bag 1
    TM 2017 M2 10.25 * Tour Ad DI 6
    TM 2017 3HL 16.5* Tour Ad Di 7
    TM M1 Rescue 19.5 Tour Ad Di 85
    Srixon U65 22* Tour Ad 95
    Srixon 565/765 5-9 110 Fibers
    Cleveland RTX 4 47*, 51*, 55*, 59* 125 Fibers
    Cameron Del Mar


    Bag 2
    Cobra F6+ 10.5 * Fubuki Alpha 70
    Cobra Baffler 16* Fubuki Ax 85
    Cobra F7 19.5* Fubuki Ax 465
    Cleveland 588 MT 4 95 Fiber
    Srixon ZTX-2 5-PW 110 Fiber
    Cleveland RTX2 51*, 55* 59* 125 Fiber
    Odyssey X Milled 9ht
  • woods991woods991 believelandClubWRX Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    skisnutz wrote:


    Absolutely love mine in G400 Max 9*. Long high bombs all day. The harder I swing the better it seems to perform, but yet it still loads easily with a smooth pass. Dispersion is ridiculous with this head shaft combo for me, it's almost not fair. Automatic. I never got along with the Ad-Di 6s as it was too loose and I found the Ad-Tp 6s was just too stout.




    I just switched to this combo and oh my is it good. I initially had a tp6 and that was good than switched to di6 and that was good but this is perfect
    Signature of Solon CC
    Titleist TS3 10.5 w/Tour AD VR 6s 44.75
    Ping G410 14.5 w/Tensei Pro Blue
    Titleist 917 f2 Diamana Thump 18 degree
    Titleist 718 Ap2 5~PW Steelfiber i80s
    Taylormade m4 4 iron Steelfiber i80s
    Taylormade 50*, 55*, 60* Milled Grind Wedge Tour Only Nippon NS Pro WV 125S
    Evnroll er9 Superstroke ultra slim 1.0p 33”
  • woods991woods991 believelandClubWRX Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    MrShield wrote:


    Any experience with IZ compared to DI regarding swing speed/stability of the shaft?



    I’m 105Mph and I play DI 6s but my miss is left when giving it too much power. Easily fixed you say, just go with DI 6x, but I have tried it multiple times and it is just too much for me.



    Will IZ 6s hold up better than DI 6s or is it the opposite that I maybe can handle a IZ 6x if it plays softer than DI?




    Definitely can swing hard and not worry about the lefties with this shaft I tipped my di6 to help take away the left side
    Signature of Solon CC
    Titleist TS3 10.5 w/Tour AD VR 6s 44.75
    Ping G410 14.5 w/Tensei Pro Blue
    Titleist 917 f2 Diamana Thump 18 degree
    Titleist 718 Ap2 5~PW Steelfiber i80s
    Taylormade m4 4 iron Steelfiber i80s
    Taylormade 50*, 55*, 60* Milled Grind Wedge Tour Only Nippon NS Pro WV 125S
    Evnroll er9 Superstroke ultra slim 1.0p 33”
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,771 ✭✭


    anyone compare IZ to the TP. Had the TP 6 in Rogue and loved it. Then tried a hzrdus 75gm and hit a couple of drives 5-10 yards farther and sold the TP. TP was much more consistent so now trying to find a TP 7 but am intrigued by the IZ as well. Getting tired of shaft swapping. Down to atmos ts 7black or IZ, TP.




    I love the TP6 in my Rogue, but I've been thinking about an IZ. Not sure why, as I just finished up my best season of driving the ball ever, but what's this game without a little tinkering....
    Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S
    Rogue 15  fairway stock PX Even Flow Blue S
    Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • doglover72doglover72 Members Posts: 1,062 ✭✭
  • scottleoscottleo Members Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    I have the IZ 6s in my driver and the 7s in my 4 wood. Love this shaft. I demoed it on the course with the TP and DI through shaftshack. Launch from Highest to lowest for me IZ, DI, TP. Dispersion from best to worst IZ, TP, DI. Feel/feedback from best to worst IZ, DI, TP. IZ was the winner for me, I was looking for higher launch and lower spin, great combo for me with the Callaway Rogue driver. The 7s in the Rogue 4 wood is great too. Easy to launch off the tee and fairway.
    Rogue 10.5* GD IZ 6s
    Rogue 17* GD IZ 7s
    Titleist H1 21* & 25* GDHY 85s
    Srixon 565/765 5-AW N.S. Pro Modus 105s
    Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M N.S.Pro Modus Wedge 115
    Bettinardi Queen B6/B8
    Taylormade TP5X
  • cubanstogiecubanstogie Members Posts: 504 ✭✭
    Togatown22 wrote:



    anyone compare IZ to the TP. Had the TP 6 in Rogue and loved it. Then tried a hzrdus 75gm and hit a couple of drives 5-10 yards farther and sold the TP. TP was much more consistent so now trying to find a TP 7 but am intrigued by the IZ as well. Getting tired of shaft swapping. Down to atmos ts 7black or IZ, TP.




    I love the TP6 in my Rogue, but I've been thinking about an IZ. Not sure why, as I just finished up my best season of driving the ball ever, but what's this game without a little tinkering....
    yep, I did too but thought I could do better. Just got the Atmos yesterday and going to range later. If I don't love it, Im going back to TP 70gm or try and find an IZ. I would love to say Im done tinkering but Im no quitter.
  • MrShieldMrShield SwedenMembers Posts: 231 ✭✭
    scottleo wrote:


    I have the IZ 6s in my driver and the 7s in my 4 wood. Love this shaft. I demoed it on the course with the TP and DI through shaftshack. Launch from Highest to lowest for me IZ, DI, TP. Dispersion from best to worst IZ, TP, DI. Feel/feedback from best to worst IZ, DI, TP. IZ was the winner for me, I was looking for higher launch and lower spin, great combo for me with the Callaway Rogue driver. The 7s in the Rogue 4 wood is great too. Easy to launch off the tee and fairway.




    Swing speed? Aggressive or smooth?
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Hzrdus Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Tour AD DI 105s
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron Tour AD Driving Iron 95s
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-P Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 52:08 F-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 58:10 V-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Odyssey 7 White Hot Pro 34" SuperStroke GTR Tour
    Titleist AVX
  • HackATKHackATK Members Posts: 422 ✭✭
    I play the Tour AD-IZ 7s with a 16' M2 head and it has been the best combo I have ever played. The Shaft is by far the smoothest I have found in a combo for me. Its suppose to be higher launch with low spin and find it to be jut that but that is strike dependent of course. I was not fitted for this combo and only bought cause I love different gear all the time but this combo is staying in the bag for awhile and I cant seem to find anything that beats it out. Dispersion is incredible which brings more confidence and better swings only get better. Average SS is 107-113 with good amount of loading.
  • scottleoscottleo Members Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    MrShield wrote:

    scottleo wrote:


    I have the IZ 6s in my driver and the 7s in my 4 wood. Love this shaft. I demoed it on the course with the TP and DI through shaftshack. Launch from Highest to lowest for me IZ, DI, TP. Dispersion from best to worst IZ, TP, DI. Feel/feedback from best to worst IZ, DI, TP. IZ was the winner for me, I was looking for higher launch and lower spin, great combo for me with the Callaway Rogue driver. The 7s in the Rogue 4 wood is great too. Easy to launch off the tee and fairway.




    Swing speed? Aggressive or smooth?


    98-100mph, aggressive
    Rogue 10.5* GD IZ 6s
    Rogue 17* GD IZ 7s
    Titleist H1 21* & 25* GDHY 85s
    Srixon 565/765 5-AW N.S. Pro Modus 105s
    Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M N.S.Pro Modus Wedge 115
    Bettinardi Queen B6/B8
    Taylormade TP5X
  • Russ757Russ757 Members Posts: 7,654 ✭✭
    scottleo wrote:

    MrShield wrote:

    scottleo wrote:


    I have the IZ 6s in my driver and the 7s in my 4 wood. Love this shaft. I demoed it on the course with the TP and DI through shaftshack. Launch from Highest to lowest for me IZ, DI, TP. Dispersion from best to worst IZ, TP, DI. Feel/feedback from best to worst IZ, DI, TP. IZ was the winner for me, I was looking for higher launch and lower spin, great combo for me with the Callaway Rogue driver. The 7s in the Rogue 4 wood is great too. Easy to launch off the tee and fairway.




    Swing speed? Aggressive or smooth?


    98-100mph, aggressive




    I can get up to abt 105 but this is more my average. Was wondering if I should have went 7 and 8 vice 6 and 7.. I'll probably try the 7s in the 440 as it's longer and I play 44' anyways
    WITB Link
    Bag 1
    TM 2017 M2 10.25 * Tour Ad DI 6
    TM 2017 3HL 16.5* Tour Ad Di 7
    TM M1 Rescue 19.5 Tour Ad Di 85
    Srixon U65 22* Tour Ad 95
    Srixon 565/765 5-9 110 Fibers
    Cleveland RTX 4 47*, 51*, 55*, 59* 125 Fibers
    Cameron Del Mar


    Bag 2
    Cobra F6+ 10.5 * Fubuki Alpha 70
    Cobra Baffler 16* Fubuki Ax 85
    Cobra F7 19.5* Fubuki Ax 465
    Cleveland 588 MT 4 95 Fiber
    Srixon ZTX-2 5-PW 110 Fiber
    Cleveland RTX2 51*, 55* 59* 125 Fiber
    Odyssey X Milled 9ht
  • MrShieldMrShield SwedenMembers Posts: 231 ✭✭
    Russ757 wrote:

    scottleo wrote:

    MrShield wrote:

    scottleo wrote:


    I have the IZ 6s in my driver and the 7s in my 4 wood. Love this shaft. I demoed it on the course with the TP and DI through shaftshack. Launch from Highest to lowest for me IZ, DI, TP. Dispersion from best to worst IZ, TP, DI. Feel/feedback from best to worst IZ, DI, TP. IZ was the winner for me, I was looking for higher launch and lower spin, great combo for me with the Callaway Rogue driver. The 7s in the Rogue 4 wood is great too. Easy to launch off the tee and fairway.




    Swing speed? Aggressive or smooth?


    98-100mph, aggressive




    I can get up to abt 105 but this is more my average. Was wondering if I should have went 7 and 8 vice 6 and 7.. I'll probably try the 7s in the 440 as it's longer and I play 44' anyways




    I’m a 105 and think DI 6s is little loose and 6x too stiff.



    I’m very tempting to go 7s in IZ driver and 8s in spoon. In general I like heavy shafts, for example I’ve tried lighter irons shafts but always ends up with 132g feeling the best :-)
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Hzrdus Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5* Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Tour AD DI 105s
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron Tour AD Driving Iron 95s
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-P Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 52:08 F-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Titleist SM6 58:10 V-grind Dynamic Gold AMT White Tour s400
    Odyssey 7 White Hot Pro 34" SuperStroke GTR Tour
    Titleist AVX
  • Ray JacksonRay Jackson Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭
    HackATK wrote:


    I play the Tour AD-IZ 7s with a 16' M2 head and it has been the best combo I have ever played. The Shaft is by far the smoothest I have found in a combo for me. Its suppose to be higher launch with low spin and find it to be jut that but that is strike dependent of course. I was not fitted for this combo and only bought cause I love different gear all the time but this combo is staying in the bag for awhile and I cant seem to find anything that beats it out. Dispersion is incredible which brings more confidence and better swings only get better. Average SS is 107-113 with good amount of loading.




    What he said...….slightly slower swing speed at 105-112 but otherwise exactly the same setup and loving it.
  • uscgolfguyuscgolfguy Members Posts: 176
    Troutfly wrote:


    My experience- IZ6 has a stiffer tip, felt firmer end to end, def lower launching compared to the DI6. Im 95-100,and load quick in transition.




    GD fitting guide indicates that the:



    IZ has a FIRM+ (tip section), MEDIUM (mid section) and FIRM (butt section)



    DI has a STIFF (tip section), MEDIUM (mid section) and MEDIUM (butt section)





    Shouldn't the IZ feel "softer" in the tip with a slightly increased launch compared to the DI?
  • Russ757Russ757 Members Posts: 7,654 ✭✭
    woods991 wrote:

    MrShield wrote:


    Any experience with IZ compared to DI regarding swing speed/stability of the shaft?



    I’m 105Mph and I play DI 6s but my miss is left when giving it too much power. Easily fixed you say, just go with DI 6x, but I have tried it multiple times and it is just too much for me.



    Will IZ 6s hold up better than DI 6s or is it the opposite that I maybe can handle a IZ 6x if it plays softer than DI?




    Definitely can swing hard and not worry about the lefties with this shaft I tipped my di6 to help take away the left side




    so no tipping on the iz?
    WITB Link
    Bag 1
    TM 2017 M2 10.25 * Tour Ad DI 6
    TM 2017 3HL 16.5* Tour Ad Di 7
    TM M1 Rescue 19.5 Tour Ad Di 85
    Srixon U65 22* Tour Ad 95
    Srixon 565/765 5-9 110 Fibers
    Cleveland RTX 4 47*, 51*, 55*, 59* 125 Fibers
    Cameron Del Mar


    Bag 2
    Cobra F6+ 10.5 * Fubuki Alpha 70
    Cobra Baffler 16* Fubuki Ax 85
    Cobra F7 19.5* Fubuki Ax 465
    Cleveland 588 MT 4 95 Fiber
    Srixon ZTX-2 5-PW 110 Fiber
    Cleveland RTX2 51*, 55* 59* 125 Fiber
    Odyssey X Milled 9ht
Sign In or Register to comment.