Compression style long sleeve shirts for baselayer

As the weather turns fall-like in Mass, I like to wear long sleeve tees under a golf shirt as a base layer. I prefer compression style and Hbe used the Under Armor ones but they always have that annoying logo AND our expensive

Anyone have any good experience here at a relatively reasonable price point for a white long sleeve base layer?

Comments

• WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,816 ✭✭
    I’ve got a Nike one and multiple Under Armour compression mock shirts. I like the under armour better. Reebok makes them too, but I don’t think they’re all that much cheaper.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • jdmorris1980jdmorris1980 Members Posts: 1,505 ClubWRX
    Layer 8 are good and pretty cheap. Can be found at TJ Maxx for around $10. They offer different weights as well.
  • AugsterAugster Members Posts: 4,128 ✭✭
    I don’t like the compression for cold weather. I Buy the “fitted” stuff. As long as it’s warm, either way will work.

Anything works really. C9 from Target, Starter from Walmart, and as above plenty of stuff at TJMaxx, Marshall’s, Ross etc.
  • DavidvDavidv Posts: 690 ✭✭
    Under Armour is about the best I have found.
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    For cold weather UA Heat Gear.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • Findog88Findog88 Members Posts: 52
    Foot joy make nice ones. But have an ugly logo on the sleeve.
  • tom.lockharttom.lockhart Members Posts: 55 ✭✭

For cold weather UA Heat Gear.

It's actually the opposite, Cold Gear is for cold weather and heat gear is for warm weather.

To answer OP - The best is the UA Fitted Mock, tight enough to keep all the warmth, not too tight to compress or impact swing.

Perfect under a golf shirt, as a base layer with a pullover, or sometimes I just wear the mock with an insulated vest on days between 40-50
    Titleist 917 D2 10.5* (9.75*) Diamana D+
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana S+
    Titleist 917 F2 18* Diamana S+
    Titleist 816 H1 19* Atmos Blue
    Titleist 816 H1 23* Diamana S+
    Titleist 718 AP1 5-W i95 Steelfiber
    Titleist SM6 54.10S
    2016 Bettinardi BB1
    Snell MTB Black
  • TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited Oct 6, 2018 #9
    I love the UA base layer. I wear them all winter long. They work well for golf because they seem to move freely.

I bought a couple a few months ago because they were cheap. Summer shoppers don't need warmth
    Taylormade m5 9 ad gp 7x
    Epon af901 19 modus 120
    Nike vapor pro combo 3 iron
    Epon af 503 4-w modus 120s
    Epon tour 50 55 60 modus w
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,616 ClubWRX
    Augster wrote:

I don’t like the compression for cold weather. I Buy the “fitted” stuff. As long as it’s warm, either way will work.

Anything works really. C9 from Target, Starter from Walmart, and as above plenty of stuff at TJMaxx, Marshall’s, Ross etc.

Same for me. Fitted over compression. Unfortunately I don’t think UA makes the fitted any more.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members Posts: 3,936 ✭✭
    I like the thick compression stuff from Marshall's. Feels very tight and restricted but by the time you drive to the course, it loosens up and it's all good.
  • cxxcxx Members Posts: 3,059 ✭✭
    There are a ton of brands that make undergarments to keep you warm and are suitable for golf. Unless you are playing in snow, don't go crazy. Some of that stuff is way too effective for golf.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,747 ✭✭
    I hear your comments about Under Armour but for me, UA were the guys that pretty much got compression gear into golf, there is a reason why.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x