ET Q School Final

OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,258 ✭✭
Final scores after it concluded yesterday.



Scott Gregory earns his card, 5 months after his horror 92 in the US Open. Marc Warren regains his card, how on earth he was in that position is baffling.



http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/qualifying/season=2018/tournamentid=2018595/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard



Kurt Katiyama from US and Masahiro Kawamura from Japan continue the trend of more US and Japanese players looking to play the ET, Berry Henson from US missed out by 1 shot.



A few familiar names failed to regain their card:

Steve Webster, Richard Bland, Austin Connelly, Richard Green, Oliver Wilson, Felipe Auiglar, Callum Shinkwin, Simon Dyson...



2mfet5d.jpg
Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x
«1

Comments

  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,818 ✭✭


    Final scores after it concluded yesterday.



    Scott Gregory earns his card, 5 months after his horror 92 in the US Open. Marc Warren regains his card, how on earth he was in that position is baffling.



    http://www.europeant...ml#/leaderboard



    Kurt Katiyama from US and Masahiro Kawamura from Japan continue the trend of more US and Japanese players looking to play the ET, Berry Henson from US missed out by 1 shot.



    A few familiar names failed to regain their card:

    Steve Webster, Richard Bland, Austin Connelly, Richard Green, Oliver Wilson, Felipe Auiglar, Callum Shinkwin, Simon Dyson...



    2mfet5d.jpg




    Got to give props to guys like Steve Webster, Richard Bland and Oliver Wilson. Years of being just about good enough to keep their tour card must be a **** of a grind but there they are still going back and forth giving it a go and succeeding.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    edited Nov 16, 2018 #3
    A number of decent players missing out:



    - Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

    - Marcel Siem

    - Gregory Havret

    - Gregory Bourdy

    - Simon Dyson

    - Matteo Manassero

    - Steve Webster



    All multiple time winners of the ET.
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,147 ✭✭
    Good for canizares! 35 years old and being medalist. His dad was a heck of a player
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,258 ✭✭
    iBanesto wrote:


    A number of decent players missing out:



    - Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

    - Marcel Siem

    - Gregory Havret

    - Gregory Bourdy

    - Simon Dyson

    - Matteo Manassero

    - Steve Webster



    All multiple time winners of the ET.




    Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.



    Siem and Manassero shouldn't really be in that position.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,258 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:


    Got to give props to guys like Steve Webster, Richard Bland and Oliver Wilson. Years of being just about good enough to keep their tour card must be a **** of a grind but there they are still going back and forth giving it a go and succeeding.




    Interesting career paths - Webster has struggled for the last 5 years but he has accumulated over €7.7M in his time, Bland appeared to be improving with age trending towards a win but 2018 was very poor and Oliver Wilson has been struggled since 2010 but got a lifeline at the end of 2014 by winning the Dunhill as an invite.



    Both Webster and Bland are very nice swingers of the club.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • HankshankHankshank Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭
    edited Nov 17, 2018 #7
    The son of the pro of the golf course ajacent to to the university where I studied got his card. His father, a man that NOT did like students playing on the golf course, who gave you a stern eye everytime you went into his shop to register, got his card. The son has the same kind of stern look in his eyes. Scares me a little. But anyhow, always nice to se a fellow countryman make it to the tour, I wish him good luck.
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭

    iBanesto wrote:


    A number of decent players missing out:



    - Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

    - Marcel Siem

    - Gregory Havret

    - Gregory Bourdy

    - Simon Dyson

    - Matteo Manassero

    - Steve Webster



    All multiple time winners of the ET.




    Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.



    Siem and Manassero shouldn't really be in that position.




    Not sure about Anders Hansen but it kind of makes sense because he still has the game to be consistently in the top 60 in the Race to Dubai.



    I still remember Hansen beating Rose at Wentworth in 2002.



    rosehansenPA_468x331.jpg
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    Hankshank wrote:


    The son of the pro of the golf course ajacent to to the university where I studied got his card. His father, a man that NOT did like students playing on the golf course, who gave you a stern eye everytime you went into his shop to register, got his card. The son has the same kind of stern look in his eyes. Scares me a little. But anyhow, always nice to se a fellow countryman make it to the tour, I wish him good luck.




    Who is this golfer?
  • HankshankHankshank Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭
    edited Nov 17, 2018 #10
    Most x-generation golfers who studied at Linkeboda University in the Yuppie years will remember Bertil Lemke well. Nowadays he:s the pro in another town without a university and is reportedly cozy. People tend to be somewhat crazy during their university years. And that can be annoying for the bystanders. One of the local traditions was to have a carnival each year. And building the stuff for the carnival wagons was done in a week before the actual carnival. This was accompanied by playing the same boring old schlager over and over again all days long on high volume and at a venue within close distance to the pro shop. Just one example of what ordeal a pro at a golf club close to a university will have to endure.
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    Hankshank wrote:


    Most x-generation golfers who studied at Linkeboda University in the Yuppie years will remember Bertil Lemke well. Nowadays he:s the pro in another town without a university and is reportedly cozy. People tend to be somewhat crazy during their university years. And that can be annoying for the bystanders. One of the local traditions was to have a carnival each year. And building the stuff for the carnival wagons was done in a week before the actual carnival. This was accompanied by playing the same boring old schlager over and over again all days long on high volume and at a venue within close distance to the pro shop. Just one example of what ordeal a pro at a golf club close to a university will have to endure.




    Niklas Lemke?



    He is a good friend of Alex Noren.
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭

    iBanesto wrote:


    A number of decent players missing out:



    - Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

    - Marcel Siem

    - Gregory Havret

    - Gregory Bourdy

    - Simon Dyson

    - Matteo Manassero

    - Steve Webster



    All multiple time winners of the ET.




    Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.



    Siem and Manassero shouldn't really be in that position.




    Manny made more instagram stories than birdies this year so... but he is enjoying his life and who am I to judge image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> anyway, he said he has like 12 invites for next season but at a certain point he will run out of them as well...
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:


    iBanesto wrote:


    A number of decent players missing out:



    - Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

    - Marcel Siem

    - Gregory Havret

    - Gregory Bourdy

    - Simon Dyson

    - Matteo Manassero

    - Steve Webster



    All multiple time winners of the ET.




    Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.



    Siem and Manassero shouldn't really be in that position.




    Manny made more instagram stories than birdies this year so... but he is enjoying his life and who am I to judge image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> anyway, he said he has like 12 invites for next season but at a certain point he will run out of them as well...




    I really hope he will find his game again one day.



    So talented.



    cce0124848eab2f6b309c5a1916d68d9.jpg
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,818 ✭✭
    iBanesto wrote:

    imakaveli wrote:


    iBanesto wrote:


    A number of decent players missing out:



    - Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

    - Marcel Siem

    - Gregory Havret

    - Gregory Bourdy

    - Simon Dyson

    - Matteo Manassero

    - Steve Webster



    All multiple time winners of the ET.




    Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.



    Siem and Manassero shouldn't really be in that position.




    Manny made more instagram stories than birdies this year so... but he is enjoying his life and who am I to judge image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> anyway, he said he has like 12 invites for next season but at a certain point he will run out of them as well...




    I really hope he will find his game again one day.



    So talented.



    cce0124848eab2f6b309c5a1916d68d9.jpg




    It is mad just how far down he was slipped. Hasn't even looked like being the same since he went from Titliest to Callaway. I'm not saying that was or is the reason behind his demise but it seemed to be around the same time.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

    iBanesto wrote:

    imakaveli wrote:


    iBanesto wrote:


    A number of decent players missing out:



    - Anders Hansen (I think he is still semi-retired)

    - Marcel Siem

    - Gregory Havret

    - Gregory Bourdy

    - Simon Dyson

    - Matteo Manassero

    - Steve Webster



    All multiple time winners of the ET.




    Didn't Anders Hansen make a lot of money with some business venture? Anyway he turns 50 in less than 2 years so maybe he's looking to get back to competitive play with that in mind.



    Siem and Manassero shouldn't really be in that position.




    Manny made more instagram stories than birdies this year so... but he is enjoying his life and who am I to judge image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> anyway, he said he has like 12 invites for next season but at a certain point he will run out of them as well...




    I really hope he will find his game again one day.



    So talented.



    cce0124848eab2f6b309c5a1916d68d9.jpg




    It is mad just how far down he was slipped. Hasn't even looked like being the same since he went from Titliest to Callaway. I'm not saying that was or is the reason behind his demise but it seemed to be around the same time.




    Some people say Mannasero hits it too short.



    Ok that may be true, but he is good enough to at least keep his playing card in Europe. That is the sad part and the fact he is still young.
  • BodlesBodles AustraliaMembers Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Great too see Deyen Lawson from Australia get his card, he was the trainee pro at my club here in Geelong Vic, Australia, finished about 2 or so years ago, best of luck to him, we'll all be watching mate.
    Ping G400 LST - Project X Black 6.5 75gram
    Mizuno CLK #2 Hybrid at 14 degrees - Speeder Evolution 75 stiff
    Callaway Big Bertha 18 degree hybrid at 17 degrees - Recoil F4 Shaft
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 2Iron - Fujikura Atmos Blue Shaft
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal Irons 4-PW - Project X LZ 5.5 115 gram
    Mizuno MP-T5, 54, 60 degree Wedges
    Rife IBF Aussie Tour Edition putter
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,116 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #17
    iBanesto wrote:


    Some people say Mannasero hits it too short. Ok that may be true, but he is good enough to at least keep his playing card in Europe. That is the sad part and the fact he is still young.
    That's what is crazy. If feels like he has been around for 10-12 years as a touring pro. Turns out he is only a few months older than Jordan Spieth. I'd wager he gets his game back. Too talented not to.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Air23Air23 Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I wondered when Matteo got to. Remember seeing him a few years ago and the kid had talent. If memory serves me correctly he struggled a bit with distance.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,766 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

    iBanesto wrote:


    Some people say Mannasero hits it too short. Ok that may be true, but he is good enough to at least keep his playing card in Europe. That is the sad part and the fact he is still young.
    That's what is crazy. If feels like he has been around for 10-12 years as a touring pro. Turns out he is a few months younger than Jordan Spieth. I'd wager he gets his game back. Too talented not to.




    Three months older than Jordan. Next year is the tenth anniversary of him becoming the youngest ever British Amateur champion at age 16. He won the BMW PGA at age 20 and hasn't won since. It's crazy that he won't be on the European Tour next year after looking like he'd follow Rory into the European and global golf big time. Hopefully he can find his way back.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,116 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #20

    grm24 wrote:

    iBanesto wrote:


    Some people say Mannasero hits it too short. Ok that may be true, but he is good enough to at least keep his playing card in Europe. That is the sad part and the fact he is still young.
    That's what is crazy. If feels like he has been around for 10-12 years as a touring pro. Turns out he is a few months younger than Jordan Spieth. I'd wager he gets his game back. Too talented not to.


    Three months older than Jordan. Next year is the tenth anniversary of him becoming the youngest ever British Amateur champion at age 16. He won the BMW PGA at age 20 and hasn't won since. It's crazy that he won't be on the European Tour next year after looking like he'd follow Rory into the European and global golf big time. Hopefully he can find his way back.
    Thanks for the correction. I'll fix it. Though MM was younger. Still he is only 25. Would imagine he will get some sponsor invites. Does the ET have limited status for players like the PGA Tour does for players finishing 126-150 in the FEC? Could be tough to get his card back next season as he likely won't be in any of the big money Rolex events. Wish him luck.
  • BodlesBodles AustraliaMembers Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Air23 wrote:


    I wondered when Matteo got to. Remember seeing him a few years ago and the kid had talent. If memory serves me correctly he struggled a bit with distance.


    I saw a story about him on Golfing World last year, he was successful and had I think 5 wins in 5 years, so he decided to change his swing to hit a draw and get more distance, struggled big time ever since, shame.
    Ping G400 LST - Project X Black 6.5 75gram
    Mizuno CLK #2 Hybrid at 14 degrees - Speeder Evolution 75 stiff
    Callaway Big Bertha 18 degree hybrid at 17 degrees - Recoil F4 Shaft
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 2Iron - Fujikura Atmos Blue Shaft
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal Irons 4-PW - Project X LZ 5.5 115 gram
    Mizuno MP-T5, 54, 60 degree Wedges
    Rife IBF Aussie Tour Edition putter
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    Cool to see Kurt Kitayama get a card. Played with him before in a tournament, and he was really long despite his height.



    Cool guy too. I think he played fairly well on the Asian Tour this past year as well
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,521 ✭✭
    Looked for my name. Still looking.
  • beaneybeaney Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Bodles wrote:
    Air23 wrote:


    I wondered when Matteo got to. Remember seeing him a few years ago and the kid had talent. If memory serves me correctly he struggled a bit with distance.


    I saw a story about him on Golfing World last year, he was successful and had I think 5 wins in 5 years, so he decided to change his swing to hit a draw and get more distance, struggled big time ever since, shame.




    It is sad that he’s not the first to chase distance and end up worse off. He was such a good player, despite being “short”.



    Donald and kaymer did the same. The former has had other injuries and thankfully the latter reverted back to his trusty fade quickly enough to win again, but I guess being a winner is not enough - these guys want to win everything and that cutting edge is what makes them special!
    Taylormade M2 2017
    Mizuno MX700 3W
    Titleist 909h 19*
    Srixon U65 23*
    Srixon Z765 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • BodlesBodles AustraliaMembers Posts: 139 ✭✭
    beaney wrote:

    Bodles wrote:
    Air23 wrote:


    I wondered when Matteo got to. Remember seeing him a few years ago and the kid had talent. If memory serves me correctly he struggled a bit with distance.


    I saw a story about him on Golfing World last year, he was successful and had I think 5 wins in 5 years, so he decided to change his swing to hit a draw and get more distance, struggled big time ever since, shame.




    It is sad that he’s not the first to chase distance and end up worse off. He was such a good player, despite being “short”.



    Donald and kaymer did the same. The former has had other injuries and thankfully the latter reverted back to his trusty fade quickly enough to win again, but I guess being a winner is not enough - these guys want to win everything and that cutting edge is what makes them special!


    Agreed, and look back at IBF, great swing, great putter, wins British Open, chases more distance, game dies, never comes back....
    Ping G400 LST - Project X Black 6.5 75gram
    Mizuno CLK #2 Hybrid at 14 degrees - Speeder Evolution 75 stiff
    Callaway Big Bertha 18 degree hybrid at 17 degrees - Recoil F4 Shaft
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 2Iron - Fujikura Atmos Blue Shaft
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal Irons 4-PW - Project X LZ 5.5 115 gram
    Mizuno MP-T5, 54, 60 degree Wedges
    Rife IBF Aussie Tour Edition putter
  • Chopper1986Chopper1986 Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Bodles wrote:

    beaney wrote:

    Bodles wrote:
    Air23 wrote:


    I wondered when Matteo got to. Remember seeing him a few years ago and the kid had talent. If memory serves me correctly he struggled a bit with distance.


    I saw a story about him on Golfing World last year, he was successful and had I think 5 wins in 5 years, so he decided to change his swing to hit a draw and get more distance, struggled big time ever since, shame.




    It is sad that he’s not the first to chase distance and end up worse off. He was such a good player, despite being “short”.



    Donald and kaymer did the same. The former has had other injuries and thankfully the latter reverted back to his trusty fade quickly enough to win again, but I guess being a winner is not enough - these guys want to win everything and that cutting edge is what makes them special!


    Agreed, and look back at IBF, great swing, great putter, wins British Open, chases more distance, game dies, never comes back....




    Possibly one of the saddest moments in golf was when he duck hooked that shot OB at St Andrews in 94/95. From where he had been a few years before to not been able to keep it on the huge fairway was such a rapid downfall. Really felt for the guy as seems a genuinely nice guy
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,258 ✭✭
    Kurt Katiyama is the 36-hole leader @ the Afrasia Bank Mauritius Open
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    S. Chikkarangappa is 2nd. I wonder what his full name is! image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,818 ✭✭
    iBanesto wrote:


    S. Chikkarangappa is 2nd. I wonder what his full name is! image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    Got to admit, one of the things that I like about watching Golf is learning how to pronounce a name like Chikkarangappa. Makes me look very sophisticated and learned!
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    MattyO1984 wrote:

    iBanesto wrote:


    S. Chikkarangappa is 2nd. I wonder what his full name is! image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    Got to admit, one of the things that I like about watching Golf is learning how to pronounce a name like Chikkarangappa. Makes me look very sophisticated and learned!




    Actually one of the easier names to learn.



    Some Thai names are "almost" impossible for non-Thai speakers.
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,207 ✭✭
    iBanesto wrote:


    S. Chikkarangappa is 2nd. I wonder what his full name is! image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    What's that? He's using a Chikara gap wedge?
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

    Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
Sign In or Register to comment.