Has anyone in the history of the universe ever cured casting (with video evidence of before and afte

I am doubtful.

Comments

• clp34vmpclp34vmp Cancel that mead Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Great question - I think about that as well, because I know I haven't been able to do it, at least not fully.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,913 ClubWRX
    Of course. Seen plenty of before and afters in a variety of places including Monte's Instagram and other spots. "Cure" is a matter of opinion, but small changes can yield some pretty obvious results.

What is the purpose for asking?
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,666 ✭✭
    I've seen plenty of changes as well. I don't have video evidence because I am not an instructor and I don't keep that on hand. Normally it's a backswing pivot and open club face issue.

RH
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,808 ✭✭
    Daily. Plenty of before and after a available
  • MPStratMPStrat Members Posts: 971 ✭✭

I am doubtful.

Absolutely yes.

Went from a to b in a couple weeks. Both pics are from 2013 when I was pretty new to the game and had very limited knowledge of the swing. I had an out of control, wide open clubface caused by an overly weak right hand grip. Toe was pointing straight down at the top of the swing. Very weak position and forced me to cast on every swing. Monte suggested I strengthen my grip and almost immediately I gained about 3 clubs in distance. Although I've made other important changes since then, to this day I say that this was the single most important. You can see from the pics that it looks like a changed a whole bunch of other things, but it was only the grip that took me from the first pic to the second.
    001.PNG 248.5K
    002.jpg 19.8K
  • MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Sponsors Posts: 18,286 ✭✭
    edited Jan 9, 2019 3:08pm #7
    Every day. The issue is this. The casting is not the issue. You’re supposed to make that move. It’s either too early or appearing too pronounced as a result of a poor body position or movement. You can’t and shoulder cure true cast. You cure why it’s not right. I make the analogy to a cough in this video.

• ObeeObee ClubWRX Posts: 3,731 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 9, 2019 10:15pm #8

Every day. The issue is this. The casting is not the issue. You're supposed to make that move. It's either too early or appearing too pronounced as a result of a poor body position or movement. You can't and shoulder cure true cast. You cure why it's not right. I make the analogy to a cough in this video.

GREAT video, Monte.
    PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
    Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
    Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
    Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
    Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)
  • Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. Members Posts: 543
    I am doubtful.

Of course, many people have fixed it. It’s the main differentiator between a decent golfer and a crappy one. �
  • martynbirchmartynbirch Members Posts: 519 ✭✭
    This is like the holy grail for me and has been a 6 year quest all to no avail. Had a fair few lessons from great pros and practice loads but I think it’s maybe that I don’t have the range of motion I need in certain areas to stop throwing away the angles.

This is like the holy grail for me and has been a 6 year quest all to no avail. Had a fair few lessons from great pros and practice loads but I think it’s maybe that I don’t have the range of motion I need in certain areas to stop throwing away the angles.

Range of motion isn’t the problem.
  • Santiago GolfSantiago Golf I Strive to make you Better Members Posts: 5,003 ✭✭
    Yeah its called making a better backswing. Casting is an effect of bad movement in the backswing, that being it can be cause by a misunderstanding of how to move the club in transition. Though most of the time golfers end up casting because if they didnt they would hit an awful shot
    Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
    Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)

LOOKING FOR A 7 Wood (probably gunna be 230-235 club)
    Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
    4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 210) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (195, 180, 165) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (150, 130, 110)

S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (85): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
    L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)

Ball: Vice Pro
    Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)
  • Corona KingCorona King Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited Jan 10, 2019 10:31pm #13

Every day. The issue is this. The casting is not the issue. You’re supposed to make that move. It’s either too early or appearing too pronounced as a result of a poor body position or movement. You can’t and shoulder cure true cast. You cure why it’s not right. I make the analogy to a cough in this video.

[media=]

Monte, thanks for replying. I actually watched your No Turn Cast drill video and some interesting things happened. Both good and "bad":

The good: I think I stopped casting. I heard a "whoosh" on my swing like never before. The ball flight was beautiful and piercing. The swing felt effortless. Wow. My elbows hurt less (have tendinitis). Also, swing thoughts are minimal except for "cast the right wrist" which is super easy. I finally let my wrists be as free and loose as they want to be instead of "holding" the angle like I have been which I think has robbed me of a good release in the past.

The bad: somehow I lost 10-25 yards on my distances depending on the club. I think this is because before (even though I was casting a little bit), I was really focusing on firing the hips on the downswing. Now, I just think about the right wrist, and not the hips. And I think perhaps I've lost power because there isn't as much lower body in the swing now that I'm just thinking about the right wrist. Even in your No Turn Cast video you only demonstrate a pitch type shot. Any tips or videos on how to combine the conscious right wrist cast WITH a good athletic hip turn? I find that when I try to consciously start the downswing with the hips while at the same time as the wrist trick, I lose the benefit of the wrist trick.

Thanks again...I feel like I am seeing the light but am not quite there.
  • OakLawnGolfProOakLawnGolfPro Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Sure, there's some physical issues that cause it, and maybe more importantly understanding some concepts that need to be worked on.
    www.scotthogangolf.com

[media=]

Monte, thanks for replying. I actually watched your No Turn Cast drill video and some interesting things happened. Both good and "bad":

The good: I think I stopped casting. I heard a "whoosh" on my swing like never before. The ball flight was beautiful and piercing. The swing felt effortless. Wow. My elbows hurt less (have tendinitis). Also, swing thoughts are minimal except for "cast the right wrist" which is super easy. I finally let my wrists be as free and loose as they want to be instead of "holding" the angle like I have been which I think has robbed me of a good release in the past.

The bad: somehow I lost 10-25 yards on my distances depending on the club. I think this is because before (even though I was casting a little bit), I was really focusing on firing the hips on the downswing. Now, I just think about the right wrist, and not the hips. And I think perhaps I've lost power because there isn't as much lower body in the swing now that I'm just thinking about the right wrist. Even in your No Turn Cast video you only demonstrate a pitch type shot. Any tips or videos on how to combine the conscious right wrist cast WITH a good athletic hip turn? I find that when I try to consciously start the downswing with the hips while at the same time as the wrist trick, I lose the benefit of the wrist trick.

Thanks again...I feel like I am seeing the light but am not quite there.

I’d have to see it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file