Very annoyed with Taylormade!!!!!

New member here, so go easy on me.... image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> A few rounds ago I noticed that I had a slight dimple in the face of my R9 driver. No idea how it got there, age I suppose. Without doing a bunch of research I decided (very wrongly it turns out) to contact Taylormade through their chat feature on their website to see what driver heads were compatible with my R9 shaft. I'm sure many of you can figure out where this is going... The guy on the other end said that ANY driver from the SLDR and down would be a direct fit on my shaft. I thought, great! I had heard the SLDR was a great driver & I easily found a used one in great shape on Ebay & ordered it. Obviously it didn't fit. I contacted Taylormade by phone and you know what their answer was??? Sorry, he gave you the wrong information. Sorry?? Sorry?????? Holy crap, who the heck do they have on their chat line???? That really chaps my a**!!! I asked if she was in the market for and SLDR club head that I couldn't return & she said I should be able to sell it very easily. Good grief.... Now, after some research, I realize I either need a different head or I must replace the tip on my curent shaft. The info out there is very confusing and in many cases conflicting. Can someone PLEASE tell me exactly what I need to fix my situation? Thank you in advance!!!

Comments

• rbj69rbj69 Members Posts: 699 ✭✭
    Message me and I can see if I can help you
    Taylormade M16 with Tensei Orange shaft
    Taylormade 3 wd with tensei orange shaft
    Callaway Rogue 3hybrid with aldila synergy shaft
    4-pw Srixon Z785/Zforged combo with px lz shafts
    Cleveland 50 rtx4 wedge
    Cleveland 56 rtx4 wedge
    Evnroll 1.2 Blacked out
    Cleveland Huntington Soft 11 CS blacked out
    Balls 19'Srixon Zstar xv and Zstar and others
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,042 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 11, 2019 7:02pm #3
    Your options are as follows:
    • All flavors of R9 (R9, R9 460, Super Deep, Super Tri)
    • R11
    • R11s
    • Original Rocketballz and Rocketballz Tour Drivers

If you want to replace the adapter with a current one, a reputable club fitter should be able to do that without any trouble.
    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 14, Tensei Blue 70 X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-750 3-4, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade P7TW 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • delmerdelmer ClubWRX Posts: 439 ClubWRX
    It's really not that hard to swap the adaptor.

It's also hard to blame them for not bending over backwards for you because you're not exactly their bread and butter. You're replacing a really old driver with an old driver. Sure the guy gave you some wrong information but it's about a $10 fix.
  • ClafooneClafoone Hobbyist Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Bummer....

Golfworks - TM0022 slider adapter $9.99
    Callaway Rogue Draw: 8.5° using a LH adapter/ Diamana S+ 62
    Callaway Rogue 4W: bent to 16°/ UST Competition 65
    Ping G Hybrids: 19° & 22°/ UST Proforce V2 hybrid (MOI Matched)
    Maltby KE4 S: 5 - GW/ Wishon S2S White (MOI Matched)
    Cleveland Rotex 2.0 CB Black Satin: 54° & 58 Wishon S2S White (MOI Matched)
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,896 ✭✭
    Just buy a newer adaptor. OEM is about $20. Knockoff around $10 and have it swapped out. Pretty easy fix.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • maleman000maleman000 Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Making mountain out of mole hill, change the tip on shaft.
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,840 ✭✭
    Always a tough crowd here OP, but I hear ya. When you want info and go direct to the source for it it’s frustrating when it’s incorrect.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,386 ✭✭
    toc wrote:

Always a tough crowd here OP, but I hear ya. When you want info and go direct to the source for it it's frustrating when it's incorrect.
    Gotta agree 110% on folks supposedly knowing what they are doing. More than likely that person on the other end of the line was selling catheters last week over the phone for a mail order medical supplier. Probably has no knowledge of golf period and can only go by the info that they have on a computer screen. It goes on in every business not only the golf industry. My wife says I play too much hardball when I state " I better darn well know what I am doing or people on the highways will die" Yeah I drive a 18 wheeler for a living. And I will be the first to admit we have some of those a**hats out there driving them that do not need to be.

For the OP's case he did state he was new so he may have not known about adaptors but he did come to the right place for information and got some great correct answers from our members
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,673 ✭✭
    Internet chat help. 1st problem. Always run by a kid in his bedroom somewhere. No knowledge. Always pickup the phone and call. Always.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot

Internet chat help. 1st problem. Always run by a kid in his bedroom somewhere. No knowledge. Always pickup the phone and call. Always.

And there is probably a 99.999% chance that the person on the other end didn't work for Taylormade when the SLDR was a current product.
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,042 ClubWRX
    delmer wrote:

And there is probably a 99.999% chance that the person on the other end didn't work for Taylormade when the SLDR was a current product.

I believe Blade is correct. I think the chat feature at TM is staffed by people who aren't actually TM employees. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have the correct info, but it's far more likely they won't be able to answer a question about clubs from 7 years ago.
    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 14, Tensei Blue 70 X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-750 3-4, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade P7TW 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,673 ✭✭
    And to be clear. I mean any company. They all seem to use a “ service “ or something. My wife continues to try to use this feature and every time I end up getting mad listening to her gripe about the issue and then the customer service. I call the company and poof. Issue solved. It’s just a feature for people who think everything has to be internet related. Or that it’s automatically easy. Like the company thinks “ we have to offer this or face getting bad reviews for not offering the service. “.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • bvmagicbvmagic Members Posts: 1,038 ✭✭
    Welcome to Golfwrx! Majority of the time if I have a question about equipment, someone has already posted about it on the forums. Golfwrx would be my first resource to research.
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,534 ✭✭
    Annoying yes, but I think you should relax a little. As others have said, it’s a very easy fix.
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Srixon Z965 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Toulon Design Columbus
    TaylorMade TP5X 
  • MRT999MRT999 Members Posts: 10
    Clafoone wrote:

Bummer....

Golfworks - TM0022 slider adapter $9.99

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!!!
    For the record, I wasn't looking for any monetary reimbursement....I was looking for information. I have chatted with many places over the years and I have never had this happen. I have chatted with places when I had specific questions and they put me on hold, went to a bin, pulled the item and answered my specific question while looking at the part in their hands. I guess the golfing world is different.... The manufacturer's official chat line should be better than that. ANY manufacturer. I was the national service mgr. for a computer company and I know how they should have handled it. Saying "sorry" and telling me to sell it was not the correct way. Telling me exactly what I needed to do to rectify the situation was. They should have access to the exact same information imparted by some of the very nice people that have commented with constructive replies. I don't think some of you would feel the same way if you chatted with your computer manufacturer's website and were given the wrong information on what parts to buy for your broken pc.... I will DEFINITELY come here first for any other questions I have concerning golfing equipment!!! Thanks everyone!!!
    maleman000 wrote:

You obviously know that and others here obviously know that....but I obviously did not. That's why I contacted the manufacturer. Chat was obviously wrong and the phone call I made was no help either. When I called them they could have said "I'm sorry they gave you the wrong info, but here is the right info. You can do a direct swap with these heads or you can swap the tip with this tip." Not, "Sorry, just sell it." No help whatsoever.... I wouldn't have been nearly annoyed if they would have done that.
    edited Jan 12, 2019 11:55am #19
    MRT999 wrote:

maleman000 wrote:

You obviously know that and others here obviously know that....but I obviously did not. That's why I contacted the manufacturer. Chat was obviously wrong and the phone call I made was no help either. When I called them they could have said "I'm sorry they gave you the wrong info, but here is the right info. You can do a direct swap with these heads or you can swap the tip with this tip." Not, "Sorry, just sell it." No help whatsoever.... I wouldn't have been nearly annoyed if they would have done that.

Lesson learned and solution given. If you want one more piece of advice just let it go now. Once the mob in here sees this thread they will do everything they can to make you look like the biggest piece of human garbage on the planet. They will insult you and they will make you cry.
  • Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 571 ✭✭
    MRT999 wrote:

For the record, I wasn't looking for any monetary reimbursement....I was looking for information. I have chatted with many places over the years and I have never had this happen. I have chatted with places when I had specific questions and they put me on hold, went to a bin, pulled the item and answered my specific question while looking at the part in their hands. I guess the golfing world is different.... The manufacturer's official chat line should be better than that. ANY manufacturer. I was the national service mgr. for a computer company and I know how they should have handled it. Saying "sorry" and telling me to sell it was not the correct way. Telling me exactly what I needed to do to rectify the situation was. They should have access to the exact same information imparted by some of the very nice people that have commented with constructive replies. I don't think some of you would feel the same way if you chatted with your computer manufacturer's website and were given the wrong information on what parts to buy for your broken pc.... I will DEFINITELY come here first for any other questions I have concerning golfing equipment!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Usually a Google search before doing anything will answer the question or at least get you started on where to look for more detailed info
    delmer wrote:

MRT999 wrote:

maleman000 wrote:

Lesson learned and solution given. If you want one more piece of advice just let it go now. Once the mob in here sees this thread they will do everything they can to make you look like the biggest piece of human garbage on the planet. They will insult you and they will make you cry.

image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> Ok, that made me laugh!!!!
    MRT999 wrote:

delmer wrote:

MRT999 wrote:

maleman000 wrote:

image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> Ok, that made me laugh!!!!
    LOL gave you your first like on that reply image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> --- Good One
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,243 ✭✭
    BIG STU wrote:

MRT999 wrote:

delmer wrote:

MRT999 wrote:

maleman000 wrote:

LOL gave you your first like on that reply image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> --- Good One

And the second from me. Got to have a thick skin around these parts...especially when you’re new.

...and regarding TM chat. I can confirm that I know for a fact that they don’t have “in house” trained people doing the chat.

I learned that back when the Spider Tour came out. I had a very specific technical question that any trained TM employee should have known.

The guy I talked to had no clue. After badgering the person about it I actually got him to admit he didn’t work directly for Taylormade. He was a big TM fan, retired PGA club pro, and he worked from home as a part time gig. Pleasant as he could be but his Product knowledge was pathetic. I corrected him twice about details and he finally admitted I seemed to know more about it than him and suggested I call TM during business hours.

Waste.....of....time.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,902 ✭✭
    Around these parts, a thick skin has definite advantages...

I'm trying to determine any redeeming qualities regarding my thick waist

Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
    augustgolf wrote:

Around these parts, a thick skin has definite advantages...

I'm trying to determine any redeeming qualities regarding my thick waist

image/ok.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ok:' /> I hear ya!!!!
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    Lol. The guy on the other end of the chat window was the same guy on that AT&T commercial who says "this fish is raw".

Just change the adapter. And as another poster said, you're busting taylormade's chops because they gave you wrong info for a driver that you were not going to buy from them? Correct?

Bust their chops if you were trying to order a new driver from them and they got the adapter wrong. But to be mad at them because you wanted to be cheap is laughable. C'mon kuuuch, you're better than that.
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,198 ✭✭

And to be clear. I mean any company. They all seem to use a “ service “ or something. My wife continues to try to use this feature and every time I end up getting mad listening to her gripe about the issue and then the customer service. I call the company and poof. Issue solved. It’s just a feature for people who think everything has to be internet related. Or that it’s automatically easy. Like the company thinks “ we have to offer this or face getting bad reviews for not offering the service. “.

Cleveland Srixon golf has actual cs employees on their chat.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,683 ClubWRX
    MRT999 wrote:

maleman000 wrote:

I think thats very reasonable, you have every right to expect at least a certain level of expertise when you’re in contact with an OEM.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,256 ✭✭
    jll62 wrote:

delmer wrote:

I believe Blade is correct. I think the chat feature at TM is staffed by people who aren't actually TM employees. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have the correct info, but it's far more likely they won't be able to answer a question about clubs from 7 years ago.

We all know TM has had about 50 drivers since then . 😂
    getitdaily wrote:

Lol. The guy on the other end of the chat window was the same guy on that AT&T commercial who says "this fish is raw".

Just change the adapter. And as another poster said, you're busting taylormade's chops because they gave you wrong info for a driver that you were not going to buy from them? Correct?

Bust their chops if you were trying to order a new driver from them and they got the adapter wrong. But to be mad at them because you wanted to be cheap is laughable. C'mon kuuuch, you're better than that.
    But in good business and good common sense dictates this. The guy may be using one of our older outdated drivers he did not buy from us. But if we maybe help him now he may be a lifelong customer down the road. Good customer service pays in the long run
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,383 ✭✭
    edited Jan 13, 2019 3:08pm #31
    When a company becomes so big they lose touch with the masses that got them there, they are doomed. Unfortunately, the masses are a bunch of club ho's who buy the latest models every few months, thereby keeping the OEM machine going.

Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 5w 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5H
    Cobra Max 6-GW
    Cobra Trust Rusty 56*
    Odyssey V-Line