ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Anyone play Sand Hollow in UT?

I'll be traveling to St. George for work and will be playing the Championship Course.
WITB
GBB Epic SZ - KK XD 70X
Cobra F8 3-4 - Hzrdus Black 6.5
Titleist 910H - Diamana S+82
Titleist 714 AP2 - S300
Titleist SM7 Black 50.08F
Titleist SM7 Black 54.10S
Titleist SM7 Black 58.12D
Odyssey EXO 7S

Comments

• bsirotabsirota Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Yes. And it is a gem. The stretch on the back 9 that goes along the edge of the cliff is stunning. Nice golf course that isn't terribly difficult.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 14,336 ClubWRX
    bsirota wrote:

Yes. And it is a gem. The stretch on the back 9 that goes along the edge of the cliff is stunning. Nice golf course that isn't terribly difficult.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • CDMCDM Advanced Members Posts: 1,637 ✭✭
    Fun course. If your in the "area" for work and have a bit of extra time there are a couple of good courses in Mesquite just south about 35-45 mins.
  • ryder2015ryder2015 Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Sand Hollow is my favorite in the area. You will enjoy it.
  • Manbearpig13Manbearpig13 Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Played it a few times and it is excellent. The back 9 along the cliffs in special. Front 9 is definitely flatter and more scoreable but has some nice holes as well. Out of all the courses in the area (including Mesquite), is it the one that I could see myself playing day in and day out.

If you are in the area for a few days and able to make the drive, I recommend hitting up Wolf Creek in Mesquite. Definitely one of the most picturesque and visually stunning courses anywhere. Id you are confined to St. George and looking for another round, Coral Canyon is very nice as well.
    PING G400 LST 8.5* Driver (Tour AD-BB 7X)
    PING G410 LST 14.5* 3 Wood (Atmos TS Black 8TX)
    PING Rapture 2 Iron (Fujikura 115i X-Stiff)
    PING iBlade 4-PW (Dynamic Gold X100)
    PING Glide Stealth 2.0 50* SS (Dynamic Gold X100)
    PING Glide Stealth 2.0 54* SS (Dynamic Gold S400)
    PING Glide Stealth 2.0 58* SS (Dynamic Gold S400)
    PING Sigma 2 Blackout Wolverine-H Putter

• AC168AC168 Advanced Members Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Back 9 stretch of 6 holes is top 50 in country.
  • sr129sr129 Advanced Members Posts: 229
    Great track

I am trying add some phots but every time I try they get flipped sideways???

Never had this happen before
  • Jmasters616Jmasters616 Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Will be flying into Vegas and staying in St. George one night and most likely headed back to Vegas. May try to squeeze another round in at Wolf Creek if I can.
    WITB
    GBB Epic SZ - KK XD 70X
    Titleist 714 AP2 - S300
    Odyssey EXO 7S
  • Jmasters616Jmasters616 Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Wow. Thanks for posting your pics. Pretty pumped to be playing this course. How is the wind? I’ve heard it pretty much stays windy in the area.
    WITB
    GBB Epic SZ - KK XD 70X
    Titleist 714 AP2 - S300
    Odyssey EXO 7S
  • bradskibradski Advanced Members Posts: 2,313 ✭✭
    It can be a little bit worst than other area around there but overall it depends on the weather. It's not like some places that are always 20+ and have wind farms.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 14,336 ClubWRX
    I’ve never really had the wind be an issue. But we’ve always gone in November. There is another group from our course though that used to go in March. They said they dealt with pretty stiff wind quite a bit.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • DoubleorQuitsDoubleorQuits Advanced Members Posts: 375
    Is Sand Hollow walkable (reasonably)? Or would you recommend a cart.?

• Boris2016Boris2016 Banned Posts: 38

Dude, look those at those pictures. Take a good look. Does that course look like it is walkable? Sure, any course can be walked, but does this even remotely look like a course that you would want to walk.

Is this some kind of comedy?
  • CDMCDM Advanced Members Posts: 1,637 ✭✭
    Boris2016 wrote:

Dude, look those at those pictures. Take a good look. Does that course look like it is walkable? Sure, any course can be walked, but does this even remotely look like a course that you would want to walk.

Having played it I would say that about 2/3's of the course actually is.... but 1/3 would be rough for sure.
    edited March 10
    CDM wrote:

Boris2016 wrote:

Having played it I would say that about 2/3's of the course actually is.... but 1/3 would be rough for sure.

Yep, front nine is relatively level, although downhill on one and back up on nine (and 18). Outside of the canyons holes on the back (12,13,14?), it’s fairly flat also unitl you end back up to the clubhouse on 18. It does seem like there are a few pretty good hikes between a few greens and the next tee.

I would think it would be walkable, but fairly strenuous in places. I would t want to (although I don’t want to walk any course).
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • DoubleorQuitsDoubleorQuits Advanced Members Posts: 375
    Boris2016 wrote:

Thanks for your pithy comment. Obviously any course can we walked, that is why I included resononably.. i have walked many mountain courses that were actually not too strenuous, so thought I would inquire.
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 3,950 ✭✭
    I have not played Sand Hollow but I can tell you that the architect on the ground who did most of the work (Andy Staples) has done some really fantastic work other places and is an up and coming name in the gca industry.
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • mfurermfurer Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Such an awesome course!!! The stretch on the back nine is some of the coolest holes you will find anywhere. I wouldn’t walk this course. As others have said, front nine is pretty flat, but the back would be a challenge.
  • GolfyGolfyGolfyGolfy Advanced Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    What other courses do you recommend in that area? Looking for the best conditions and views
  • sharksfansharksfan Advanced Members Posts: 87
    In St. George I like Coral Canyon. I think for public access in St. George those two are hard to beat.

The red dirt offset against the green grass is something you only see in that part of the country.
  • bradskibradski Advanced Members Posts: 2,313 ✭✭
    I think your top 3 are Sand Hollow, Entrada(public but can play if you stay at the hotel), Coral Canyon (good layout but conditions can be roughish)

The next best courses are 45 minutes away in Mesquite

after that you have some options.

Sunbrook has a better 9 and two not as great 9's

Ledges- best green's usually but front 9 is uneventful, back 9 is top notch

sky mountain- has 4 really good finishing holes and some bad/ok mixed in for the other 14. usually affordable

Sun River- I am hearing has been revamped and in good shape now.
  • mfurermfurer Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I only played sand hollow in that area, but if you want an unforgettable experience drive 45 minutes to wolf creek in Mesquite. Plenty on here that love it and plenty who hate it but it is an experience you won’t forget. It is golden tee come to life!
    mfurer wrote:

I only played sand hollow in that area, but if you want an unforgettable experience drive 45 minutes to wolf creek in Mesquite. Plenty on here that love it and plenty who hate it but it is an experience you won’t forget. It is golden tee come to life!

It is an experience worth experiencing at least once!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • sr129sr129 Advanced Members Posts: 229
    I second Coral Canyon as a good track in St George.

When I played it the conditions were spot on
  • UCBananaboyUCBananaboy Advanced Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    Best pro tip... don't wear white pants.

I made that mistake and got red sand all over them image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />