GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Cobra King forged CB/MB

123457»

Comments

• marionmgmarionmg Members  120WRX Points: 86Posts: 120 Fairways

Just purchased set of CB's 5-GW with modus 105. Sorry to my Ping i210's. They are going to have to sit out a bit. Can't believe how easy the CB's are to hit. Bigger sole and bigger blade than MB. It just looks a little smaller because of the color but it's a decent size CB and really solid soft.

Posted:
    WITB:
    TM SIM 10.5     
    TM SIM 3 & 5 
    Adams 9031 Proto 23*
    Ping Blueprint 5-PW 
    Ping Glide 54* 60*
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser 
    ProV1/TP5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10629WRX Points: 3,756Handicap: 8Posts: 10,629 ClubWRX

On -, @Hubijerk said:

On -, @QuigleyDU said:

On -, @ptroedsson said:

Has anyone compared these with any other MBs like Titleist, Mizuno or Srixon? I believe they would differ in feel in this order (softest feel first) - Srixon, Mizuno, Titleist, Cobra.

I have, they are not as soft as mizuno irons, but still feel good on solid hits.

Its a unique feel. Ive had several sets of mizzys, srixons, and titleists... the softest irons i ever hit being a set of fourteens.. Cobras have always had kind of a unique feel about them. These irons feel firm, and the impact is very dense and powerful feeling. Its a very contradictory feel vs. Appearance most likely due to the tungsten. Very compact heads that feel like they're bigger and heavier. Mizuno feels like a refined well tuned classical instrument and the Cobra's have kind of a rawness or roughness to them.
    Personally i never cared for the feel of titleist forgings and i prefer the feel of older mizzys, the mp33's were my first new irons and they have a special place in my heart.

I would agree with this. The Cobra's do not have a "bad" feeling to them. It is just different. Definitely not as soft as mizzy's, but still soft..ish.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • TigerInTheWoodsTigerInTheWoods Members  2656WRX Points: 1,669Handicap: 4Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

Went and hit the MB 7 iron extensively on sim. I was amazed at how easy it is to hit for such a small head. It must be the smallest head there aside from the Blueprint. The 919 Tour dwarfed it. Anyways, I tried a bunch of combos against my current irons. I have to say I love the DG kick in mine but I do find they are kind of one trick ponies. I hit one shot the smallest fraction heavy with the MB and it lost maybe 3 yards (I just brushed the mat) but everything else was SOLID. I probably hit a 100 shots with it and they were all consistent for distance. The ball flight is high and it spun more than anything else I tried but I was so confident working the ball that it was no issue. Fitter was calling out shots and I could hit them all no problem. My "fade" with my current clubs is essentially a high, straight shot slightly right, with the MB I could actually curve it both ways without issue. I didn't hit a dime size spot either.. everything was middle but spread around a bit and all consistent. 7 iron was around 122 ball speed 39 yard peak height 6500k back spin 50 descent angle. Pretty ideal I think. I might grab a set and if I need to put PX in them to bring the flight and spin down I have them. Feel is incredible and I just felt so in control of the golf ball.

The real question though is what happens on your off days....

Posted:
  • HubijerkHubijerk Members  837WRX Points: 144Posts: 837 Golden Tee

On -, @balls_deep said:

Went and hit the MB 7 iron extensively on sim. I was amazed at how easy it is to hit for such a small head. It must be the smallest head there aside from the Blueprint. The 919 Tour dwarfed it. Anyways, I tried a bunch of combos against my current irons. I have to say I love the DG kick in mine but I do find they are kind of one trick ponies. I hit one shot the smallest fraction heavy with the MB and it lost maybe 3 yards (I just brushed the mat) but everything else was SOLID. I probably hit a 100 shots with it and they were all consistent for distance. The ball flight is high and it spun more than anything else I tried but I was so confident working the ball that it was no issue. Fitter was calling out shots and I could hit them all no problem. My "fade" with my current clubs is essentially a high, straight shot slightly right, with the MB I could actually curve it both ways without issue. I didn't hit a dime size spot either.. everything was middle but spread around a bit and all consistent. 7 iron was around 122 ball speed 39 yard peak height 6500k back spin 50 descent angle. Pretty ideal I think. I might grab a set and if I need to put PX in them to bring the flight and spin down I have them. Feel is incredible and I just felt so in control of the golf ball.

If you hit it inside the grooves in the bottom half of the clubhead it's survivable. But Once you get them set up and weighted to you're liking you're "middle but spread out" contact will most likely be you're off day.

Posted:
    You can't sneak the cheese by a rat
  • TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members  806WRX Points: 306Handicap: 11Posts: 806 Golden Tee

I hit my 19 degree 2 iron a little off the toe on 339 par 4. I was 110 from the pin on the right rough. There is plenty of forgiveness on these cbs.

Posted:
    Post edited by Therealpatgiles on
    Taylormade m5 7.9 tour issue. AD GP 7x
    Callaway epic flash 3w tensei pro white 7x
    Taylormade Sim hybrid 3. Tensei pro white 90tx 
    Mizuno mp18 mmc 4-pw modus 120s
    Artisan 48° 53.5° 59° modus 120s
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
  • TigerInTheWoodsTigerInTheWoods Members  2656WRX Points: 1,669Handicap: 4Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hubijerk said:

On -, @balls_deep said:

If you hit it inside the grooves in the bottom half of the clubhead it's survivable. But Once you get them set up and weighted to you're liking you're "middle but spread out" contact will most likely be you're off day.

If I miss it's because I get quick and contact is slightly heavy. I don't slap them off the toe etc unless on a silly 45 degree angle hill ball above your feet in the rough sort of thing. I figure I've got decent enough speed given the ball speed and 175-180 carry with 7i. Plenty of height and lots of spin. I felt like I couldn't miss the thing. Great feel too it's not butter but it's not cast hard? It's like a crisp crack at impact. Brilliant clubs.

Posted:

Advertisement

Any more reviews on these? I'm not worried about the 7-PW but I'm a bit worried about the help in 4-6 vs my iBlades. Anybody owned/hit both?

Posted:
  • mogc60mogc60 Members  1018WRX Points: 492Posts: 1,018 Platinum Tees

The long irons are so good and very easy to hit. I went to the cb in the longer clubs for looks not performance. The mb is just as easy to hit and to me darn near as forgiving. Slight misses really aren’t hurt the club is very stable.

Posted:

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 9 EV BLACK 75 6.5 44 1/4”
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15 MATRIX HD9 STRONG 41.5”
    WILSON FG5 TOUR 17* RIP PHENOM 100 S
    SRIXON Z FORGED 3-PW CATALYST 100 6.5
    CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 58* MODUS 120X
    SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38”
    SNELL MTB-X

On -, @mogc60 said:

The long irons are so good and very easy to hit. I went to the cb in the longer clubs for looks not performance. The mb is just as easy to hit and to me darn near as forgiving. Slight misses really aren’t hurt the club is very stable.

Nice. I found the distance with the 7i to be very consistent on monitor. I figure I don’t mind the help in the long irons, though I was tempted to go a full set of blades. If they are even close to the iblades in terms of miss hit protection I think I’ll be very happy. The feedback was superb and I have never been more comfortable moving the ball in any direction. I also tend to not swing indoors very well for some reason and I was hitting the MB so well.

Posted:
  • jamgamjamgam ClubWRX  125WRX Points: 47Handicap: 10Posts: 125 Fairways

Had a chance to hit these today. They're like a sledge hammer with the KBS 120s. Felt really nice and love the blacked out look. I'm probably going to be poorer soon enough

Posted:

On -, @jamgam said:

Had a chance to hit these today. They're like a sledge hammer with the KBS 120s. Felt really nice and love the blacked out look. I'm probably going to be poorer soon enough

Something about the combo I had didn't work for me. Moved them on and shot +6 with my iBlades today. I think it's just the DG I preferred. Have a set of MP5 on the way with S300 to test against my iBlades next.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jamgamjamgam ClubWRX  125WRX Points: 47Handicap: 10Posts: 125 Fairways

And 3 weeks later than my last post I have them . Picked up an pristine used set. Man they feel nice. Looking forward to a couple rounds this week

Posted:
  • MrGolfenomicsMrGolfenomics Members  33WRX Points: 11Posts: 33 Bunkers

Best irons I've owned by far.. the 2 iron cb is a weapon to !!. Stealth them out with adding white to the cb mb words ..orange Is horrible and some px black shafts..absolute money !! Also the wedges with black shimada tour shafts.. oh yes !!!🤟🤟🤟👌👌👌🤑🤑🤑

Posted:
  • GunGunGunGun Members  32WRX Points: 28Handicap: 4ishPosts: 32 Bunkers

You guys pushed me off that bridge! I blame you or might say thank you! I knew I needed to re-shaft so I went shaft testing yesterday and ordered a set today :P Going to be long two weeks!

Posted:
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15231WRX Points: 1,276Posts: 15,231 ClubWRX

Still the best looking irons I’ve seen or played. Just wish they worked better for me

Unfortunately, this thread popping up reminds me I need to get mine listed for sale.

Posted:

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10629WRX Points: 3,756Handicap: 8Posts: 10,629 ClubWRX
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Advertisement
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1859WRX Points: 298Handicap: ?Posts: 1,859 Platinum Tees

You just go ahead and message me some pictures of those. That’d be great

Posted:
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15231WRX Points: 1,276Posts: 15,231 ClubWRX

Combo. 5 & 6 CBs and 7-PW are MB. I bought them because I thought I would like the Recoil shafts. Eventually I’ll find a set with the correct shafts.

Posted:

• easylittle5woodeasylittle5wood Members  1361WRX Points: 208Posts: 1,361 Platinum Tees

I’ve looked at a set of these numerous times, just don’t have the game for them.

The super compact head and virtually no offset is just something else right now on the market. As others stated Blueprints are also in the same category but modern irons aren’t often like these. The black finish is also very well done.

Posted:
  • GunGunGunGun Members  32WRX Points: 28Handicap: 4ishPosts: 32 Bunkers

Anyone here seen a set where someone did some color work on them ?

Posted:
  • PhabsPhabs Members  79WRX Points: 25Handicap: 2Posts: 79 Fairways

I just ordered a 3-P set with ctaper 125's that'll be here Monday hopefully. I'm planning on striping the color out and doing my own, probably lime green/grey. I'm excited to swing them after having mizunos in my bag for the last decade.

Posted:

Taylormade M3 9* with Hzrdus Black Smoke 60g

Taylormade M3 16*HL with Hzrdus Yellow Smoke 70g

Mizuno MP-5's 3-PW with c-taper 125's / Cobra CB/MB 3-PW C-Taper 125's

Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 Raw finish

Cameron Studio Design 1.5 w Stability Shaft / Cameron Monterey One off w Stability Shaft

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.