UPDATE - No Longer Demoralized. Down from 12 to 7.3 Handicap in 8 Months.
I am playing around a 10 and spend about 3-4 hours practicing during the week with one round each weekend. I thought I had broken through this week, knocking down flags left and right on the range all week, including hitting the 250 yard pole twice with my driver during warmups for my opening round of our club's summer match play.
I open up with a perfect drive on 1 leaving myself 75 yards in, stick it to 7 feet and make birdie to go 1-up. It would be the only birdie I would have all day, as I ended up going 8/18 GIR with three 3-putts and two doubles on my way to shooting an 84.
My opponent shot an 81 and I was GIVING 3 strokes. I tied him gross on all 3 of his stroke holes, so I lost all 3 net. Got smoked 5&4. Wasn't even competitive.
I don't even know that I am looking for advice. Just ranting at how I can have that moment of clarity during the week where you feel like you can't miss and are hitting the ball like a 2 cap and then go out on the course and it falls apart.
- Driver Swing Speed: 100-105mph
- Ping G400 Max 10.5, Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff (44.5")
- TaylorMade 2016 M2 3W HL, TM Reax 55 Regular (42.5")
- Ping G 3h/4h, Ping Alta 70 Regular
- Callaway Apex CF16 (5-GW), TT XP 95 R300
- Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (54/SS, 58/ES), Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge
- TaylorMade Spider X Navy, 35"