Notah Begay Junior Invitational

leezer99 ·  
leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 1638WRX Points: 940Handicap: A BillionMembers Posts: 1,638 Platinum Tees
Joined:  edited Feb 9, 2020 3:48am in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1

This new event sounds pretty cool. We signed up and go to a local qualifier sometime in May. Anyone else signing up?

If you haven't seen anything about it there's more info here: https://www.jgnc.org/

Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Comments

• Tannerbug33Tannerbug33  152WRX Points: 71Members Posts: 152 Fairways

Looks like alot of fun. Would like to know excactly where the championship round is going to be at before we put to much into it.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Kcct82Kcct82  246WRX Points: 150Members Posts: 246 Fairways

Been seeing it a lot on Instagram, but too bad they don’t have anything younger than 13U.

Posted:
  • NolesNoles  1584WRX Points: 214Members Posts: 1,584 Platinum Tees

The date and venue certainly will make all the difference. The regional qualifier that my son would compete in is 8/14-15. So the National championship must be at least 2 weeks after that. That enters into the school year. Not missing school for this.

Posted:
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19  455WRX Points: 169Members Posts: 455 Greens

Im going to sign my daughter up for it. They are charging $135 for a one day 18 hole qualifier which is pretty steep. Be interested to see what tee gifts they give out.

Posted:
  • tiger1873tiger1873  1498WRX Points: 326Members Posts: 1,498 Platinum Tees

Looks interesting but the biggest concern is timing for us. Lots of other events scheduled during this time and adding another tournament is asking for a lot.

The other thing I noticed is the age group for U13 is going to be tough to do unless your 13. Have a 9 years old and she be competing with my soon to be 13 year old. So younger kids have no chance at all.

also the tees for the girls look short for 13 year old girls around 5k yards and the courses are where kids usually score low.

with the chance to be on TV I and thinking the set up is going to matter a lot. I could easily see 60’s for girls to qualify in this. Of course this will matter where you qualify.

I am on the fence I think if I have a free weekend at local qualifier I may do it. I wish it was a ranked 2 day event it make it a no brainer.

Posted:

That's how much the one day qualifier is? Good grief.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter  3592WRX Points: 931Members Posts: 3,592 Titanium Tees

My kid is playing in it.

Posted:
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower  1140WRX Points: 529Members Posts: 1,140 Platinum Tees

Definitely looks interesting. Hope it takes off.

Posted:

-- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

• TripleBogeysrbetterTripleBogeysrbetter  275WRX Points: 183Handicap: 21Members Posts: 275 Greens

Looks interesting. A little steep on the fees. Local, regional, national.

Looks like we have 6 locals near us.

Posted:
    Cobra F8+ - Fujikura Regular
    Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Kuro Kage Regular
    Cobra Tour Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 90 R
    Fourteen 52 (Bent to 50) - Nippon R
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Vokey SM7 60 - Dynamic Gold
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026  1638WRX Points: 940Handicap: A BillionMembers Posts: 1,638 Platinum Tees

Just throwing this out there for anyone in the 13U grouping but they are allowing caddies all the way through nationals for that age group.

Posted:

• killer21killer21 Killer  113WRX Points: 66Handicap: 10Members Posts: 113 Fairways

Thinking about it for my 11 year old daughter.

Posted:
    Ping I15 8* Fubuki Tour
    X-Hot (2006) Vista Pro 80
    X-Hot Pro Hybrids 18, 23
    Wilson D100 25* Hybrid
    X-Tour S300
    Vokey 50, 54, 58

Advertisement
  • Tannerbug33Tannerbug33  152WRX Points: 71Members Posts: 152 Fairways

After studying it a little bit we are kind of interested. Several locals are close to home and courses my son has played good on. And the regional is a course he has won on and its 30 minutes from our house.

Posted:
  • tiger1873tiger1873  1498WRX Points: 326Members Posts: 1,498 Platinum Tees

I was not sure if caddies we’re allowed. I am not to fond of caddie events. I haven’t checked if you can age up but I am guessing no so I might skip it.

Posted:
  • TripleBogeysrbetterTripleBogeysrbetter  275WRX Points: 183Handicap: 21Members Posts: 275 Greens

The cost seems kinda of steep for a local. We're still pondering it. Hate to eat up a weekend that he can do another 36 hole or college visit.

Posted:
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX

Seems odd to me that they are waiting to announce the date and venue of the championship. Especially since sign up for local qualifying has begun.

Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026  1638WRX Points: 940Handicap: A BillionMembers Posts: 1,638 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Posted:
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.