Oakmont/Pinehurst #2 considered by the USGA as replacement sites for 2020 US Open @ Winged Foot

grm24

If it can mean that there is some golf to watch, from a fans point of view I am happy that they are at least looking at options like this. The prospect of it actually happening though must be relatively low.

As an aside, I do seem to remember comments being made in the past that Oakmont for the US and Carnoustie for The Open are the two courses that are kept in a condition where they would be good to go at a moments notice.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I hope your right. Wife’s office just closed. They shut down all elective surgeries. Why? I have no idea. But now there are 53 people more who are out of work. Won’t get paid. This is the states leader in this particular , And popular surgery field. In the Middle of building a new multi million dollar surgery center , and thriving. 30 more days they won’t make payroll without a loan. Perfect storm as far as timing. Again. Not a hole in the wall joint. The leader in the state. And over what ? 60 some odd cases statewide. We close the cleanest place on earth , and yet dentist offices are still open. Which makes no sense. So no. I doubt he’s over reacting.

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Oakmont and No. 2 are fantastic "backup" options.

But how about this? If the membership would allow it, play the 2020 US Open at Pine Valley. It would be a perfect time to go to that course for an Open. No worries about traffic or crowds in the time of Corona. The course is universally lauded, and I think it would be a great opportunity to showcase it to the world.

Sorry you can't handle the truth, my man.

Life as we all knew it is over, at least for this calendar year. If you think the federal government is going to let anything happen until there's some sort of vaccine found, you're being foolish. I'm skeptical there will even be a national election in November. Heck, people in Congress are now testing positive....its not going to be long until our legislative branch is shut down.

The economic damage from this is going to be so extreme and so disastrous that putting on a golf tournament this summer is going to be about #239458473 on the list of problems this country will have. If America doesn't get back to work when this 15-day directive from the POTUS ends, we're staring a depression right in the face.

If Im wrong, I'll gladly come back here and eat crow that is tasty. But I don't think I am.

• Like 2

My wife works in the surgical unit for one of the largest hospital systems in our area. They are stopping all elective surgeries at COB tomorrow, leaving only emergent cases. She is the charge nurse with seniority in the department, so hopefully if they start low censusing staff due to no cases, she will be last one cut each day.

couple that with the fact that I was told today that all client reps (me) are to vacate the premises until further notice, and we now have a house full of worry. Have a daughter in college and she does not qualify for any assistance because we actually work, so the future is a guess at this point.

Same boat brother. Loosing entire household income at once. I’ve sent out all the AR I have and crickets so far except one “ will pay when we can “ response. You can’t eat AR.
like @JaNelson38 says. We’ve got a real 15 day window to get back to work. Or else it’s almost unspeakable what will happen.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Carnoustie is in no way "ready to go". They keep the heather pretty short there normally. Great course but you wouldn't recognize 17/18 on a normal day vs Open conditions.

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

Be back to normal mid April. Just come back then and let me know I’m right. That’s all I ask. Pump the chloroquine and it’s all but done. This is a cold. False positive on these intials tests are as high as 80 percent. I understand the fear has gotten to you but rest assured just like the swine flu, markets will bounce back healthily. As quickly as it started, it will end

My gut agrees with you. And I’d lead the crow eating contest if you’re right. But .... we’re on the bad end of see-saw hanging over a volcano. Hope the fat kid stays on the other side.

mind you. I don’t fear the sickness one ounce. It’s the economic destruction to the blue collar worker , that quickly spikes into chaos that I fear.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

No mention of Winged Foot's Most Famous Member.

Here's my suggestion; an all-Nebraska U.S. Open. Qualifying at three courses Wild Horse, Dismal River and Prairie Club. No galleries.

Then, the Championship conducted at Sand Hills, with a one-design 20% rolled back golf ball. Tickets would be limited to 5,000 people/day. Everyone screened for infectious disease. And, the price of a daily ticket would be $5,000. A used ticket would allow the holder to play at Sand Hills one weekend in the next five years. The USGA gets $25 million to defray costs, including clean RV's for all contestants.

The USGA would spend the next decade, figuring out how to repay Sand Hills' members for their trouble. (And I really do think that senior USGA leadership would know how to do nice things for the 250 or so SH members.)

Oh, I have no doubt about finding the medicine to help. Today's presser about the new medicine moving forward with the FDA approval is good news. But the media runs the show in this country, and they will want to keep the hysteria up as long as they can. They will want little to no new cases to even show up before they'll stop pressuring government to stop reducing restrictions again. Doesnt matter if the death rate is insanely low.

I can see it now: "We still have active cases in this country. Why are you telling people its OK to resume their normal activities? Don't you care about the people?"

The US Surgeon General told NBA teams they might be able to play by June. Might. Im still skeptical about any pro sports going on this calendar year...maybe we'll get the NFL this fall, simply because of the money machine that is for the TV networks.

But I'll be happy if you're right.

I'm sitting right there with you and @bigred90gt on this. I have all my and my business bills to pay and the lovely customers have out of office on for the AP departments. My bank doesn't care if my customers don't pay and my suppliers don't care if my customers don't pay, they care that I pay. At some point, it turns into a VERY interesting conversation if things continue the way they are. Charging my customers interest on past due invoices wins me no favor, nor does it really get me paid any faster. I would love to see this back to a point that we can resume some "normal" but not so sure that's as fast as what will be needed to make things be okay going forward for the millions out there in similar situations.

Hang on is best advice I can give. I did this once in 07-08. It’s a war of attrition. I started my war today by starting a deep clean of my shop. Not for virus. Just for my own sanity , something to do that felt positive. So much so I’m exhausted. Tomorow I’ll finish , and Late next week I’ll follow up on bills I sent out. What comes of that will tell me what I’ll be working on in the weeks to come. The mistake I made in 07-08 crash was continuing to work on everything in hopes that people would be honest and keep up their end of the deal.

And my customers are well-off. I’m not talking squeezing poor folks here. But the well-off close the pocket book first. As a general rule.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Oh I know, I've been through this same thing before, as well. My customers are all in the Fortune 1000, so I will get paid, at this point it's just a matter of when the AP folks start to get their feet under them with their new normal at home. I work in the IT world, so most people are able to get themselves set up and going just fine at home, as they have been doing it for years, so my days are still full of meetings, thankfully. There's always the fun and games of who is actually going to be able to spend any money, when, how much, and what that even looks like at this point that has me the most worried. At some point, I have enough projects around the house that I can get to that will fill up my time if things slow down that I won't go completely insane, but doesn't ease the stress of having my own AP out there as much as I would like it to.