Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

I just saw they are opening a new PGA Superstore up in Westminster in May. No more only having Golf Galaxy up here

What ever happened to the 2nd Top Golf location up there?

I think it’s under construction...I’ve heard it’s supposed to go in right off i25 & hwy 7, and the construction going on there looks like the multi-level/multi-bays you’d expect to see.

I just saw they are opening a new PGA Superstore up in Westminster in May. No more only having Golf Galaxy up here

The original location at 25 and 136th got shut down by people in the neighborhood. It's going in at 25 and 160th now. I think it's supposed to open later this year

The original location at 25 and 136th got shut down by people in the neighborhood. It's going in at 25 and 160th now. I think it's supposed to open later this year

It’s right next to I25. I would think it will distract a lot of southbound drivers as they’ll be looking right into the bays.

It’s right next to I25. I would think it will distract a lot of southbound drivers as they’ll be looking right into the bays.

I was thinking something similar, but my thoughts were, "Man I bet I can clear any fence they put up to try and keep balls off the highway" :)

Says the guy whose cleared the fence on Collindale #1...luckily it also cleared the road and went into someone's yard on the other side....Heck of a shot, just wish it would have been in play...

Man, I can’t imagine I better deal than Highland Meadows in Windsor for $23
This! Can’t beat that! And it technically included a cart too, but we nixed that since it was cart path only.
A couple of those hills on the back nine had me questioning that decision!

Jealous y'all got out. I wanted to head out for a quick 9, but all the times looked booked and I couldn't get away from work yesterday.

Got out at highland meadows with Deadsolid today...first time playing with anyone from this board & it was a great time! Doesn’t hurt that we played in 3 hours either.

Extremely enjoyable round! Are there by chance any Colorado WRX’ers who aren’t tall and lean who hit the ball half a mile!? Queso smokes it!

Looking for old, short hitting crew!

Man, I can’t imagine I better deal than Highland Meadows in Windsor for $23
This! Can’t beat that! And it technically included a cart too, but we nixed that since it was cart path only.
A couple of those hills on the back nine had me questioning that decision!

Jealous y'all got out. I wanted to head out for a quick 9, but all the times looked booked and I couldn't get away from work yesterday.

When I looked at their site it didn’t show any availablility. Queso told me he booked through Teeoff.com, when I went there it wasn’t a problem. It certainly didn’t look packed out there.

If you get free sometime shoot me a PM, until I find a job I’m ready to take advantage of this nice weather and the even nicer rates.

I was thinking something similar, but my thoughts were, "Man I bet I can clear any fence they put up to try and keep balls off the highway" :)

Says the guy whose cleared the fence on Collindale #1...luckily it also cleared the road and went into someone's yard on the other side....Heck of a shot, just wish it would have been in play...

That was my first thought too

Are there by chance any Colorado WRX’ers who aren’t tall and lean who hit the ball half a mile!? Queso smokes it!

seven dewey checks all of the boxes. :D

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Got out at highland meadows with Deadsolid today...first time playing with anyone from this board & it was a great time! Doesn’t hurt that we played in 3 hours either.

Extremely enjoyable round! Are there by chance any Colorado WRX’ers who aren’t tall and lean who hit the ball half a mile!? Queso smokes it!

If you Google "old, short-hitting" My picture comes up!

We should have played before you moved.

I’m in Greeley now Snow.

I’m in Greeley now Snow.

Highland Meadows is on my must play list this year, I'll let you know when.

Are there by chance any Colorado WRX’ers who aren’t tall and lean who hit the ball half a mile!? Queso smokes it!

Well I'm definitely not lean (other than my wallet), but not exactly short in height, just in driving distance...and most days I feel much older than my 40 years on this planet. I think my liver is about 98 :drinks:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Well I'm definitely not lean (other than my wallet), but not exactly short in height, just in driving distance...and most days I feel much older than my 40 years on this planet. I think my liver is about 98 :drinks:

Now we're calling 40 old????

Get off my lawn!

Now we're calling 40 old????

Get off my lawn!

I’d echo that.......except we moved into a condo so I don’t have a yard!

Are there by chance any Colorado WRX’ers who aren’t tall and lean who hit the ball half a mile!?

Short and fat here, just not old. (Although I did just have my 31st birthday a few days ago, so I feel old.)

I haven't swung a golf club in over 2 months. Not to get too personal on here, but I went through a bit of a rough spot in my personal life and have had no motivation to get out and do anything...including golf. Although, watching the past 2 tournaments in Hawaii, I'm getting the itch again. Just went ahead and signed up for a 3 month membership down at D'Lance. My sleep schedule has involved napping after work until about 8:00pm...which means I'm awake all night with nothing to do. Figure going down to use a Trackman all night wouldn't be the worst option. Gives me 3 months to work on my swing, play some virtual holes, get numbers completely dialed in right in time for the Golfweek Tour to start back up again.

Are there by chance any Colorado WRX’ers who aren’t tall and lean who hit the ball half a mile!?

Short and fat here, just not old. (Although I did just have my 31st birthday a few days ago, so I feel old.)

I haven't swung a golf club in over 2 months. Not to get too personal on here, but I went through a bit of a rough spot in my personal life and have had no motivation to get out and do anything...including golf. Although, watching the past 2 tournaments in Hawaii, I'm getting the itch again. Just went ahead and signed up for a 3 month membership down at D'Lance. My sleep schedule has involved napping after work until about 8:00pm...which means I'm awake all night with nothing to do. Figure going down to use a Trackman all night wouldn't be the worst option. Gives me 3 months to work on my swing, play some virtual holes, get numbers completely dialed in right in time for the Golfweek Tour to start back up again.

I hear ya on the sleep stuff. After my company went under and becoming unemployed again it has really messed up my internal clock. Some nights I am still awake when my wife’s alarm goes off and I can only manage to get a few hours of zzz’s in the morning.

I’m starting to really miss golf as well. Last time out I sucked but still had a blast

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I was planning on picking up an Orange Whip to help with tempo. Anyone have experience with one and/or have one laying around they would like to pass on for a fair price??

A friend has one (I think) let me see if still has it/uses it.

I will mention that thing messed me up one day on the range LOL. I get the theory and all but it had me hitting nasty hooks like crazy after a few swings =) Tried to correct and everything became a huge slice.......so pretty much my all over the place normal game =)

I was planning on picking up an Orange Whip to help with tempo. Anyone have experience with one and/or have one laying around they would like to pass on for a fair price??

I have one and I love it. It's always a part of my warm-up, usually the first swings I will take are with it. If I don't have time to hit balls, 10ish swings with it will help me loosen up. Definitely helped with tempo too. Sorry, I'm not letting it go

Orange whip? Pfft... I'll stick to Dole Whip.

59cab1212ff63063008b4576-960-720.jpg

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I have one and I love it. It's always a part of my warm-up, usually the first swings I will take are with it. If I don't have time to hit balls, 10ish swings with it will help me loosen up. Definitely helped with tempo too. Sorry, I'm not letting it go

ha! I understand. I will probably end up just buying one but $100+ for a pretty simple device seems crazy. I know there are similar products for cheaper but have heard they aren't as good. Such as: https://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-GFT01-000-001-Trainer-Strength-Tempo-x/dp/B0053C3WDC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547500837&sr=8-3&keywords=golf+swing+trainer+orange+whip

ha! I understand. I will probably end up just buying one but $100+ for a pretty simple device seems crazy. I know there are similar products for cheaper but have heard they aren't as good. Such as: https://www.amazon.c...ner orange whip

I have that Skilz one and like it.