Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Daiwa, correct. Anything onoff, LaboSpec(onoff Yoro version sorta?) and Roddio is under that umbrella. I really like everything I have hit from Daiwa. It is less players type gear(blade sets are pure tho) but the player biased stuff is a good combo of tolerable tech. My roddio hybrid is a dream, and the onoff driver is going 15 longer than my ryoma I am just a headcase off the tee and cant commit to the change. I also roll with their saltwater reels, another top notch metal product. The blades are miura (I saw new ones too, a little new school but super cool, like better take on mp32) and the shingos are ending. Both feel like it. Shingo set reminds me of my prgr set but better feel wise and I shot my best round with those, again, back when I thought all JDM was that good so I sold looking for better. Dumb.

I just took two muscle relaxers and my anti inflammatory (the MRs work ok if I take after a flare up, the anti infamitories only good before) and I am hitting the garage to put them through their paces. It is ALL about the back for me this summer. What pill combo and when works, I am working on a more upright takeaway, and turning hips more (less coil/load), just all facets of can I find what works and hit balls/play 2 times a week. Sorry so long in posts...I am just pretty excited to be hitting balls and getting sets, in October I could have quit again and not thought twice about it.

• Like 1

> @Bigmean said:

> Daiwa, correct. Anything onoff, LaboSpec(onoff Yoro version sorta?).............

>It is ALL about the back for me this summer....................... I am working on a more upright takeaway, and turning hips more (less > coil/load), just all facets of can I find what works and hit balls/play 2 times a week. Sorry so long in posts...I am just pretty >excited >to be hitting balls and getting sets, in October I could have quit again and not thought twice about it.

Good info on the OnOff, had no clue.The Labospec's look choice.

Have at it my man, you know I hit a ton of balls and one aspect that I gleamed from Range Rat-itis is how you coil hips and unravel them, and what role the knee behavior plays in all that, how those two can avoid avoid stressing back when done correctly. I'm just starting to get good lower body behavior after spending forever on it and just staring to motor the upper body with a more efficient lower body. So I like direction you're taking, I used to restrict hips because I could not clear without sliding a mile forward but two negatives multiplied equal a positive only in math. So my not so expert unsolicited advice is pay attention from hips down to make everything else above work better and remain healthy.

I'm ear to ear, and pumped because it's Spring in New England but it's nowhere near as justified as coming back from hard injuries and getting on, getting back to things. You're excitement is welcomed..

Daiwa used to make great clubs. I picked some up last summer for nothing and they look like Miura Y-Grind blades.
31ccmznupnp9.jpg2psqq6f96cy3.jpg
They are a ways down the list of projects unfortunately, and I don't think they will fetch anything. I'd like to strip them and have a bad a** set of raw blades when I go play the river side courses near Osaka.

For a set like that keep them raw!

Last night went well. I hit a good amount of balls, then played 18. So upright takeaway, I am bending my left knee baseball style on takeaway as well by letting hips do their thing and I think I struggled on clearing hips with arms and arms getting too fast on bad shots. Best driving day I have had in garage possibly since beginning of last year. Accuracy looking good, misses are mostly left, a few small flares right. Most import is back this morning is good. I don’t like my Muscle relaxers cause they make me really sleepy so I can’t take during day at work, but if I am active I am not tired at all and they may be the ticket pre round. I wound up focusing on posture, upright and moving hips, but I got into it. 255-270 all night off tee, and clubbed up on irons and that worked well for smoothness and green finding.

So club tech stuff. I ranged it with 9s and 7s before I played. The onoff blades are going to be great, but I am not about the Xstiff in them. I missed them all left not sure why, only hit enough with them to confirm they are going to be worth the time/money of a project. They are. The Shingos with recoils really really grew on me. They don’t move much, kinda point and shoot, the recoils or combo of both feels really good to me in a non miura soft but snappy way. Really hard to describe, I have never had a set feel like this. My BB good shots are best and they trounce both of them on feel, duh. I am scared to mess with that set, but if graphite is successful in the onoffs I may....

Played 18 with the shingos, I really like them. Still weird to look at, but I am debating recoil 110 protos for my mb247 set because I think I really like these in the Shingo set. They are lively, I hit a lot of greens, I don’t know, for a weird club, I clubbed down and distance controlled well, and they acted like a softer feeling nippon to me...

Anyone else here playing the recoil 110 or similar recoils?

> @revanant said:

> Love the sharp toe on those. Reminds me of my t-zoids.

>

> Speaking of which, how sharp is the toe on the MP-14, 29, and 33? I’ve been checking out photos online, but it’s a bit hard to gauge. I’m a fan of the look, though, generally.

I initially thought the toe would be sharp and high and not like them but I definitely love them. Think the MP-33 are less high and sharp than the MP29 and 14s. Would love to have MP33s too but finding a barely used set in Canada is hard bc the shipping from the US is tough

> @cliffhanger said:

> Thoughts on the new srixon blades?

The local golf shop had two 7i demos in, one with Modus 120S and one with DGS200, so I though it would be rude of me if I didn't give them a hit. Long head, for sure, but otherwise they looked good at setup. The wavy line on the back muscle is a departure from their previous models. I wouldn't say it looks great, but nor does it put me off them. It's just...different.

They felt great when I hit them. I can't see myself getting a set because I have enough irons as it is, but if I saw one on sale secondhand a few years down the line, I might consider them.

> @"No Catchy Nickname" said:

> > @cliffhanger said:

> > Thoughts on the new srixon blades?

>

> The local golf shop had two 7i demos in, one with Modus 120S and one with DGS200, so I though it would be rude of me if I didn't give them a hit. Long head, for sure, but otherwise they looked good at setup. The wavy line on the back muscle is a departure from their previous models. I wouldn't say it looks great, but nor does it put me off them. It's just...different.

>

> They felt great when I hit them. I can't see myself getting a set because I have enough irons as it is, but if I saw one on sale secondhand a few years down the line, I might consider them.

Thoughts on the shafts - 120s vs DG200?

I hit the Ms203 next to the TNs - DG200 vs 120s and I was surprised how dead the DGs felt. I was also surprised that the flight seemed more stable with the 120s. So club for club, I was flying them 5-10 yards further and they didn't waver as much. I was hoping the 203s would give them a run, but... nope.

> @kaaayelll said:

> > @Nicodimas said:

> > Got my MP 14 redone by Iron Factory with Boyd ferulles and aerotech i115 fcs complete...

> >

> > Kinda don’t wanna use em they look slick

> Ummm...pics? :smile:

>

Gotcha, might have went overboard but did 5 through 9 for a Sunday set. A scratch wedge too

uxzcr9h8qqrx.jpeg

zpfoqraccwvr.jpeg

8mpbcmf80x53.jpeg

f4miqbvpz5dj.jpeg

• Like 1

> @Oldplayer said:

> > @"No Catchy Nickname" said:

> > Those OnOff blades are a nice pick-up,** Biggie**. Weren't they a limited release? And Miura forged?

>

> Yes nice indeed. I picked up a set of the 2011 cb's and i'm almost certain they are Endo forged. Have they changed forging houses?

A lot of Onoff wedges are done by Miura, as well as the 247MB and CB. Not really sure about others. Endo forgings are just as good, by the way.

> @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > > @cliffhanger said:

> > > Thoughts on the new srixon blades?

> >

> > The local golf shop had two 7i demos in, one with Modus 120S and one with DGS200, so I though it would be rude of me if I didn't give them a hit. Long head, for sure, but otherwise they looked good at setup. The wavy line on the back muscle is a departure from their previous models. I wouldn't say it looks great, but nor does it put me off them. It's just...different.

> >

> > They felt great when I hit them. I can't see myself getting a set because I have enough irons as it is, but if I saw one on sale secondhand a few years down the line, I might consider them.

>

> Thoughts on the shafts - 120s vs DG200?

> I hit the Ms203 next to the TNs - DG200 vs 120s and I was surprised how dead the DGs felt. I was also surprised that the flight seemed more stable with the 120s. So club for club, I was flying them 5-10 yards further and they didn't waver as much. I was hoping the 203s would give them a run, but... nope.

Tough one that. I don't get on with the Modus 120s. I have to match my swing to the shaft, so I always feel out of tempo with them. In fact, I've never played a round with a set of irons shafted with 120s.

The DG200s are also a bit of an odd one. Honestly, not my favourite, but I think I'd prefer to "slum" it with them than 120s.

I honestly don't know what it is, but I still really like the DGX100, even though I don't think I have the swing speed for them any more. The 200s load alright, but I tend to lose control of them in the downswing, and end up with more draw than I'd like.

I have a set of Baldo MB11s with Modus 120s. I need to get them to the course at some point to really test the shafts.

> @Oldplayer said:

> > Those OnOff blades are a nice pick-up,** Biggie**. Weren't they a limited release? And Miura forged?

>

> Yes nice indeed. I picked up a set of the 2011 cb's and i'm almost certain they are Endo forged. Have they changed forging houses?

I have no definite info on where they are forged, but I've seen several people/shops on the Japanese Yahoo! auction site describe them as Miura forged. It could just be that they are all repeating the same misguided source! Endo or Miura? It's like choosing between a ribeye steak and a fillet. Or a ribeye and a sirloin. But I think the ribeye/fillet comparison holds up. Perhaps shoulder of lamb or rack of lamb? Wait, pork ribs or lamb chops? No, no, that's too different. Dammit. Now I'm hungry again.

I feel comfortable in saying this in all my free time spent looking at nippon stuff and if you all that go way back remember, I owned the onoff cb split backs.

Onoff limited release MB’s like I have, and cbs are 100% miura. The split backs are also Nike and a miura giken model. The blades as seen above are like a slightly bigger small blade.

My shingos and most onoff stuff is endo. I really like endo feel in cbs. It is soft as crap and not hollow but borderline. My prgr id bl felt like the shingos.

Roddio (also Diawa division, sorta like LaboSpec I guess?) uses miura and zodia. I really like their irons a lot but they are out of my price range and frankly fall in the can’t be worth it category, maybe one day, but currently you won’t find them from zodia or miura sub $1000 used. I am more of a $600

Max max max used set kinda guy. the bbs are only set I have got worth every penny over $500 used.

> @Bigmean said:

> Rev, here are 7s in my current stable. From top bb, onoff blade, mp14, and the Shingo. Shows the toe.

>

>

Damn, those Shingos are weird! Does the massively bulged toe stick out at address, or is it actually less pronounced from the top? Because the face-on view is really off-putting.

I told you, weird as all getout. They are literally so freaking odd that my brain doesn’t register them as something that looks wrong if that even makes sense. Like my problem has always been the BB make other clubs look wrong, and cbs just look wrong. These don’t even try to look like a golf club, so I am not thinking the top line is aweful, the toe is bulging, I am swinging an elf shoe etc. it is like if you grab the keys to truck you expect to sit higher and drive a truck. Of any of that makes sense. I really think they are so not my taste, so not what I like in appearance, that they don’t bother me. I sold my Vegas over the 7-8 transition, I am picky picky, but these don’t register as normal clubs, and they feel great and truly are forgiving but still not obnoxiously big at all (that pic is next to blades that make other blades look big, neither the onoff or 14s are much bigger than the miura).

So at address, my mind reads the point as the end of the club. Yes there is that toe bulge, but that point really does mentally frame the ball as the end of the club. So I am not sure how on purpose that is, but it works. You see the point more than the bulge, and in my round, I really was able to grab clubs and let it go. I mean, it helps tremendously that they feel so good and go straight. They are almost like forged SGI to a blade user. Still need time but mentally this is where I am without them, something that is soo wrong it may be just right.

krj21jp9eavd.jpeg

Check out that top line, it is the stuff nightmares are made of!!!!

I am cracking up, seriously they are f&@ked, I don’t know how I didn’t just relist them after opening the box. I dont know how they don’t bother me. that point does a great job misdirecting and the face height is not notciable at address either. Really top line is what bothers me most but I can get over that.

> @Bigmean said:

> Rev, here are 7s in my current stable. From top bb, onoff blade, mp14, and the Shingo. Shows the toe.

>

> v91j51j7skdj.jpeg

>

Whoa. I like that sharp toe, but that bulge is something else. Totally agree about the sharp point drawing the eye and helping with focus, though. It’s why I like it on my T-zoids.

For reference, T-Zoid Pro 6 iron (top) and MP-4 6 iron (bottom).

3dvqd6zvlng0.jpeg

> @Bigmean said:

>

> Check out that top line, it is the stuff nightmares are made of!!!!

>

> I am cracking up, seriously they are f&@ked, I don’t know how I didn’t just relist them after opening the box. I dont know how they don’t bother me. that point does a great job misdirecting and the face height is not notciable at address either. Really top line is what bothers me most but I can get over that.

See what you mean about the point distracting you away from the bulging toe. Like C_T_S said, they actually don't look all that bad. Oddly, when combined with the minimal offset, thick top line looks OK. I think if there were lots of offset, that topline would be distracting as hell. Don't know why that is, but that's my impression.

Correct. These are like SGI (to me) but with players club aspects ina couple super key areas, offset being biggest. Let’s face it, any blades player is going to struggle with offset, and any cb I have gone for in past like Wilson staffs, are basically like just play a blade anyway. These have a real appeal of being Really “easy” but quite tolerable at address despite how whack they look in hand.

I tried brushing the chrome on my onoffs. That whole scotch bright and wd40 nonsense is complete crap. They have that satinish miura finish. I wish I could leave them but I didn’t exactly get them for what I did because they were in awesome shape. I think brushed would be cool, but I need to take out some serious nicks and I am leaning toward biting bullet and making them copper. I don’t see a reason this is not a keeper set, and I can make the limited set truly a one of a kind.

If CTS or NCN doesn't mind, I need a little help as my prowess in the Japanese language is limited to reading English subtitles on Anime. So basically where I stand is.... Baka!, hontou ni baka.....

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d342722244

What flex are these? I don't think it says in description (not sure why asking) and I can't even google them and figure out on English sites. at 90-100 they should be fine for me in a S, or maybe their "own flex" so "none technically" but still fine. I need to make sure they re not X is all to consider. I am not sure if I can deal with white shafts, I see it being either really cool with right head color and grips or super bad.

Any help here is much appreciated!!! Domo!

I am open to group thoughts on these as well... I am really digging the shingos so my bailout option is the recoil 110protypes, but those are a tad pricey too and for that $300 range I want something really unique for these that will still be good. I trust Roddio, and GD AD shafts have always been a fav in woods, looking at those in the 95 for irons but wondering if maybe their iron shafts are not so awesome? Pretty much looking at those two brands as safe bets with the attas FF shafts as another option.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/q279146113?conversionType=search_suggest

Hate to be that guy, but I am not digging the graphics on these but there are 8 sooooo..

I'm building up to a minor "rackamageddon", so I'm sorting out which sets to shift. With that in mind, I took the Baldos along to the range tonight. Since buying them, I've not really given them much of a go. They're quite long heel to toe, with a nice thin topline. Feel is crisp rather than soft. Thing is, I'm not a fan of the shaft. Modus 120. I find it a bit light, which affects my dispersion. Also, ball flight is worryingly high, even with low-flight range balls. So, the Baldos are going on the chopping block, but not until I've played a round with them. I bought them to flip anyone, because I've seen them go for some decent prices on the Yahoo! Japan auction site.

I'm also debating selling my MP-18s. I don't dislike them, but I just prefer the MP4s more. I'll play them a bit more, I think, but I don't love them like I do my MP4s.