Precision Pro NX7 Pro Troubleshooting

My NX7 Pro started messing up this past weekend. I tried to use it Saturday morning after Friday's round and the display would not come on. I had a new spare battery with me so I popped it in and the display automatically comes on without pressing the power button. Then when I actually press the power button it will sometimes find the yardage/vibrate, but other times the display fades, the battery indicator goes down, and the vibration is weak. The next problem is that the display stays on when it should automatically turn off after about 10 seconds. Just to make sure the new battery wasn't faulty, I put it in my friend's rangefinder and it shows a full battery. I then put his battery into my rangefinder and it continues to do the same thing. Any ideas for a fix? I have tried calling and emailing Precision Pro, but no one is answering the phone or responding to my email. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am not sure how to fix your issue, but I do know that Precision Pro also monitors WRX pretty closely so hopefully they see your post and get back to you promptly.

Ping G430 10K w/ Chrome Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 6-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
LAB Mezz Max 

Alphard V2 wheels

Seth,

Thank you for getting back to me. I ended up speaking to Jonah and then Jesse ended up getting back to me via email. They sent out a new replacement today along with a prepaid shipping label to send mine back. Thanks again for the excellent customer service. I completely understand being out of the office. The only thing I would recommend for next time is to just say on the recording that the office is closed until Wednesday. Love the product and the customer service really can’t be beat. I recommend your product to everyone that asks or is looking for a new rangefinder.

Seth,

Thank you for getting back to me. I ended up speaking to Jonah and then Jesse ended up getting back to me via email. They sent out a new replacement today along with a prepaid shipping label to send mine back. Thanks again for the excellent customer service. I completely understand being out of the office. The only thing I would recommend for next time is to just say on the recording that the office is closed until Wednesday. Love the product and the customer service really can't be beat. I recommend your product to everyone that asks or is looking for a new rangefinder.

Thanks for your patience and understanding! We'll definitely put that on our recording next year when we close the office for our annual golf outing. Thanks for recommending us to other golfers. That's the best type of endorsement we can possibly receive, so it means a lot!

• 9 months later...

I’m having a similar issue, has anyone ever had issues where there are no crosshairs to pick up objects and nothing happens when pressing any buttons? Replaced with a brand new battery and now get a reading of “E2” or what looks like an upside down 23 but still no crosshairs or ordinary operation functions.

Thanks!

> @Jumpmangolfer said:

> I’m having a similar issue, has anyone ever had issues where there are no crosshairs to pick up objects and nothing happens when pressing any buttons? Replaced with a brand new battery and now get a reading of “E2” or what looks like an upside down 23 but still no crosshairs or ordinary operation functions.

>

> Thanks!

I'd suggest contacting them (Precision Pro) directly, they've got a healthy track record of good CS :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @Jumpmangolfer said:

> I’m having a similar issue, has anyone ever had issues where there are no crosshairs to pick up objects and nothing happens when pressing any buttons? Replaced with a brand new battery and now get a reading of “E2” or what looks like an upside down 23 but still no crosshairs or ordinary operation functions.

>

> Thanks!

Hi there! We are sorry to hear about this issue. I've not heard of this issue before. We'd love to learn a little more about this and make it right. Either give us a call at 888.568.6770 x1 or shoot us an email at or [email protected] or [email protected].

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got the same E2 error message on my NX7 Pro... did. anyone hear what to do to fix the issue?

I will be emailing Precision Pro Golf as well.

• 2 months later...

Well, this thread seems to all have one thing in common! I loved this rangefinder (NX7 Pro) from the day I bought. If anyone hasn’t realized the issue here is it’s when the original battery dies and we have to replace it with the correct battery they suggest the NX2 goes nuts! Mine shows every option and icon (some dim, some darker) it doesn’t find the range at all and even if it did you can’t read the numbers because of the shading like it has the background of the entire 8 which is the basis of any number and it’s got the rain icon, north icon, both M and Yards showing all faded but showing. (Heck, I didn’t even know it had those features until I changed the battery. I figured it had to be calibrated or something but if not why does it work when we all first buy and as soon as we change out the battery it goes nuts because it’s to much of a coincidence that everyone on this post has the same issues when the battery is changed! Mine was totally unusable in my game yesterday and it cost me at least 5-7 strokes from hitting long or short. Definitely got spoiled with this once great rangefinder. Hope to hear from the support team next week I guess since they are closed on weekends. Get to play old school golf today and walk off distances like the old days lol.......

I had the NX7 pro and it worked great, until it didn't. The battery indicator would read "dead" when I knew it was a new battery. The laser wouldn't pick up the target very well and I needed a very clear shot of the target for it to get a reading. I finally got tired of messing with it and put it out of its misery. I bought a Bushnell and couldn't be happier. The NX7 is a good rangefinder for the money but just know going in that it's half the cost of the good ones for a reason. 

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

The past 10 or so rounds, my NX7 Pro stops working in the middle of the round.  The screen is blank.  I installed a new battery which did not help.  A playing partner suggested that I tap it hard in my hand (not on a hard surface) and it started working again.  He thought that there might be the electronic board or device that was not seated properly.  I have been doing this about once a round to keep it going.   

Edited by crazygolfnut

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

3 hours ago, crazygolfnut said:

The past 10 or so rounds, my NX7 Pro stops working in the middle of the round.  The screen is blank.  I installed a new battery which did not help.  A playing partner suggested that I tap it hard in my hand (not on a hard surface) and it started working again.  He thought that there might be the electronic board or device that was not seated properly.  I have been doing this about once a round to keep it going.   

Same here. My NX7 Pro had been doing this off and on and then 2 weeks ago it just would not turn on. I've had it 2.5-3 years now so it is out of the 2 year warranty - now it's just a paperweight. Precision Pro said I could trade it in for 30% off a new model but I really don't want to deal with this again in a couple of years. Really unfortunate. Tried a new battery, thought it might be a dud so even got another, and nothing. I'm looking at Bushnell now.

9 hours ago, Jersey23 said:

Same here. My NX7 Pro had been doing this off and on and then 2 weeks ago it just would not turn on. I've had it 2.5-3 years now so it is out of the 2 year warranty - now it's just a paperweight. Precision Pro said I could trade it in for 30% off a new model but I really don't want to deal with this again in a couple of years. Really unfortunate. Tried a new battery, thought it might be a dud so even got another, and nothing. I'm looking at Bushnell now.

I will probably look at Bushnell also.  Friends have had theirs for years and years with no problems.  I have enough problems on the course without fighting a bad rangefinder.  

Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up

• 3 weeks later...

I have loved my NX7 Pro rangefinder from the first day I used it (a couple of years ago). Lately, in the middle of a round it will display the distance to a target far away at 4-6 yards. I have noticed lately that if I open the battery slot and then close it, the normal function returns for a few measurements then back to the error in reading. The battery is new and shows fully charges. Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, DocDoc said:

I have loved my NX7 Pro rangefinder from the first day I used it (a couple of years ago). Lately, in the middle of a round it will display the distance to a target far away at 4-6 yards. I have noticed lately that if I open the battery slot and then close it, the normal function returns for a few measurements then back to the error in reading. The battery is new and shows fully charges. Any thoughts?

That is what mine does.  Sometimes it works ok and other days I have to play with the battery.  Last week I replaced the battery and have no problems for three rounds.  

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else had trouble picking up yardages? I was at the driving range and could target flags and spots on the ground, but once I started getting past 50 yards, it was hit or miss whether a yardage would appear and there would be vibration. When I tried shooting flags at 100 yards or more, the LCD would not return a yardage or vibrate. I've tried replacing it with multiple batteries but the problem still persists.

Titleist TSR3 10* Tensei 1k Black 7x 44.5"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* Tensei 1k Black 7x 42.5"

Cobra F6 Baffler 19.5* Diamana Blueboard 8x 41.25"

Titleist U505 4i Tensei 1k Black 8x

Titleist T100 5i-9i Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 46F/50F/54F/60M Project x 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

This thread explains to me why the vast majority of Pros use the Bushnell.  They need product reliability and accurate numbers.  To sell a laser at the price of the Precision Pro some cost cut measures might occur.  For golf tees this may work but not for high-tech electronics.  

Over the years I've owned four Bushnell's and they've never failed me. I just moved on to newer models. Sold the old one's to friends who still use them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cristphoto said:

This thread explains to me why the vast majority of Pros use the Bushnell.  They need product reliability and accurate numbers.  To sell a laser at the price of the Precision Pro some cost cut measures might occur.  For golf tees this may work but not for high-tech electronics.  

Over the years I've owned four Bushnell's and they've never failed me. I just moved on to newer models. Sold the old one's to friends who still use them. 

There have been negative Bushnell experiences posted all over the golf forums, also.  I'm guessing you've just not noticed them.  🙂

They've all got them.  

Being topical, I've been using my NX7 without any trouble since I bought it in 2019.  For what that's worth.  

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

You're correct NR.  My guess is internet readers may be more likely to complain about a bad experience than to compliment a product that works fine.  

And my prior post wasn't meant to pick on Precision Pro but rather to point out that something typically is left out or a short cut taken when trying to make a lower cost unit.  Goes for any manufacturer. The same technology is available to everyone, just how much do they want to use.   

Edited by cristphoto
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, nx7 pro said:

i had my range finder for 2 years and it got wet now i doesnt work . i thought it was water tight i see water in the view finder ?  any ideas  

How did water get into your range finder?  There's a difference between water resistant and water proof.  I've had my NX7 Pro for 4-5 years and well over a hundred rounds later it works like a gem. 

Edited by llamont
  • Like 2

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

38 minutes ago, nx7 pro said:

im guessing from rain not sure how this happen ..  Wont buy one of these ever again  terrible 

Did you contact the folks at Precision Pro to give them an opportunity to resolve the issue?  Not to be a jerk but water and (many) consumer electronic gadgets don’t mix (ie, cameras, mobile phones, tablets, range finders, etc.). Knocking the product’s durability when you contributed to the problem seems a bit brash.  Just my opinion but I’d give them a chance to respond. And FYI, I’ve seen other more expensive range finders bonk out just the same. 

Also: is the NX7 / NX7 Pro advertised as being water proof or water resistant?

Edited by llamont
  • Like 2

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

On 2/6/2021 at 12:31 PM, NRJyzr said:

There have been negative Bushnell experiences posted all over the golf forums, also.  I'm guessing you've just not noticed them.  🙂

They've all got them.  

Being topical, I've been using my NX7 without any trouble since I bought it in 2019.  For what that's worth.  

I tested the original Precision Pro for another golf site many moons ago-- It is still kicking--- I did change out the battery a couple of years ago and had no problems at all---- It is still kicking

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style